Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch ID on app

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    I'm using the BOI 365 iOS app for a few years now as I have a number of accounts with BOI but the login process is terrible. Almost every other bank uses Touch ID/fingerprint login to give instant access to account balances. As a result, I have switched my main current account to the excellent online bank N26 whose app is outstanding. However, I would prefer to go back to Bank of Ireland whenever they manage to catch up with the rest of the competition.
    Can you give me any idea if Touch ID is going to be added to the app any time soon or if it is even in the pipeline for development?
    Thanks very much
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Although we're not aware of any immediate plans to add this function, we'll be sure to pass on your suggestion. If there is any change to this we'll notify customers on our websites and social media channels.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yconboy

Is there any update on this from BOI ?
    I have accounts with Ulster Bank and AIB and both have Touch ID. It’s so much easier to use.

BOI can we have this please???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi yconboy,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured, we will notify customers on our websites and here if we get any update on this.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DPower2020

Hi Bank of Ireland - I have just come across this thread from three and a half years ago!!

Every other bank has fingerprint login.
    Can you please advise when BoI are going to follow suit?

I am thinking of moving to BoI but this is a real show-stopper for me

Thanks
    DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Tbf I’ve given up expecting any sort of internet based advances from BOI.

Having moved back from the U.K. things like Touch ID/Face ID, Apple/Android pay and a multitude of app based features for moving money have been available for years and years.

Here you can’t even change the amount of money you want to move to your savings through the app or website, you have to send a message in Service Desk and you only get a response if it’s not happened!! I mean why can’t we have functionality to move money from one account to another?! It baffles me.

And to add on the monthly charges for ‘maintaining the account’ makes it laughable. Banks do NOT maintain our accounts, we do!!

Add in barely any interest on balances into the mix and what you’ve got is an archaic, customer comes last banking system straight out of the 50’s!!

Sorry, got annoyed after I started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

DPower2020 wrote: »
    Hi Bank of Ireland - I have just come across this thread from three and a half years ago!!

Thanks
    DJ
    Hi DPower2020,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will certainly pass this onto our development team. 

Thanks Jen

Tbf I’ve given up expecting any sort of internet based advances from BOI.

Having moved back from the U.K. things like Touch ID/Face ID, Apple/Android pay and a multitude of app based features for moving money have been available for years and years.

Here you can’t even change the amount of money you want to move to your savings through the app or website, you have to send a message in Service Desk and you only get a response if it’s not happened!! I mean why can’t we have functionality to move money from one account to another?! It baffles me.

And to add on the monthly charges for ‘maintaining the account’ makes it laughable. Banks do NOT maintain our accounts, we do!!

Add in barely any interest on balances into the mix and what you’ve got is an archaic, customer comes last banking system straight out of the 50’s!!

Sorry, got annoyed after I started.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please be assured that the new mobile app is the first customer offering on our new platform. We do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on.

If there is anything else we can help with here please feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DPower2020

Thanks
    DJ
    Hi DPower2020,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will certainly pass this onto our development team. 

Thanks Jen
    Basically you are saying "Thanks for your message, we will continue to do f*ck all about it"??

Thanks
    DJ
    Hi DPower2020,

Thanks Jen
    Basically you are saying "Thanks for your message, we will continue to do f*ck all about it"??
    Please be assured that the new mobile app is the first customer offering on our new digital platform which allows us to add new features as they become available. We will be in touch with customers when these are available for use.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement