Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering Sat Viewing Cards for EirSports

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

According to the myeir page for registering viewing cards I can register two Sky cards ....
    You are entitled to activate 2 Sky viewing cards free of charge, provided they are registered to the home address in accordance with your valid "My eir" login details.

I already have one card registered and when I attempt to register another the site refuses telling me I already have a card registered.

What do I need to do to register the second card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

According to the myeir page for registering viewing cards I can register two Sky cards ....
    You are entitled to activate 2 Sky viewing cards free of charge, provided they are registered to the home address in accordance with your valid "My eir" login details.

I already have one card registered and when I attempt to register another the site refuses telling me I already have a card registered.

Hi  Johnboy1951 :D

The eir Sport customer service team will be able to assist you with this on 0818 20 30 40, they are available from 10am-6pm Monday to Saturday.
    Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The eir Sport customer service team will be able to assist you with this on 0818 20 30 40, they are available from 10am-6pm Monday to Saturday.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
                     Why is it necessary to contact the service team to register the second card?
    Is there no alternative method?

Thanks.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.
    I'm afraid not  Johnboy1951, you would need to contact this team to arrange this.

-Pamela 

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.
    I'm afraid not  Johnboy1951, you would need to contact this team to arrange this.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Before I go to the bother (and usual hassle) of phoning to arrange this can you please clarify that I have understood correctly .......

as an eir broadband customer I am entitled to register two Sky cards that can be used in two individual Sky +HD boxes, to receive the eir sports channels on those two boxes simultaneously.

Is my understanding correct?

Thank you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Before I go to the bother (and usual hassle) of phoning to arrange this can you please clarify that I have understood correctly .......

as an eir broadband customer I am entitled to register two Sky cards that can be used in two individual Sky +HD boxes, to receive the eir sports channels on those two boxes simultaneously.

Thank you.
    eir broadband customers who also avail of Sky TV services can view eir Sport on their Sky set top box free of charge for up to 2 viewing cards (1 main and 1 multi room)  Johnboy1951. A further 2 viewing cards can be added at a rate of €2.99 per card per month. All viewing cards activated must be at the registered address of the eir Broadband account.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thank you.
    eir broadband customers who also avail of Sky TV services can view eir Sport on their Sky set top box free of charge for up to 2 viewing cards (1 main and 1 multi room)  Johnboy1951. A further 2 viewing cards can be added at a rate of €2.99 per card per month. All viewing cards activated must be at the registered address of the eir Broadband account.

-Pamela 
    Does this mean that without a Sky multiroom subscription this is not available to eir customers?

In other words 

1.  is this available in the circumstances I asked about?

What about eir customers who do not have any Sky subscription?

2. Do they get the opportunity to have two cards enabled?

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thank you.

-Pamela 
    Does this mean that without a Sky multiroom subscription this is not available to eir customers?

In other words 

One multiroom is available to eir customers  Johnboy1951, if you would like additional multi rooms the charge would be €2.99 per month per multiroom. 

Are you an active Sky customer at the minute? The below applies if you are not currently an active Sky customer. 

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your eir Sport channels will still be active on the current viewing card (along with still receiving all the FTA channels). Generally, if you are subscribed to Sky TV for more than 12 months the equipment is still yours. The best advice we can give would be to contact eir Sport on 0818203040 when you are ready to get the FTA box installed and it will take a couple days to get sent to your address. Once the viewing card is received, you will need to call again to advise that you have received the card (advise agent of 9 digit card number) and to switch services over from the old viewing card to the new viewing card. (Please note all viewing cards ordered by eir Sport are from Sky, but can still be used in a FTA box for our channels).

We have advised the eir Sport agents again of this process in order to ensure that when you do call they are up to speed on what to do. But as it’s not a request that gets asked too much, the agent may need to ask a manager for help, our agents will do everything they can to ensure 1) you doesn’t miss any eir Sport content and 2) ensure your viewing cards get switched across seamlessly.

I hope this helps,
    Pamela

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thank you.

-Pamela 

In other words 

One multiroom is available to eir customers  Johnboy1951, if you would like additional multi rooms the charge would be €2.99 per month per multiroom. 

Are you an active Sky customer at the minute? The below applies if you are not currently an active Sky customer. 

If you cancel your Sky TV subscription, your eir Sport channels will still be active on the current viewing card (along with still receiving all the FTA channels). Generally, if you are subscribed to Sky TV for more than 12 months the equipment is still yours. The best advice we can give would be to contact eir Sport on 0818203040 when you are ready to get the FTA box installed and it will take a couple days to get sent to your address. Once the viewing card is received, you will need to call again to advise that you have received the card (advise agent of 9 digit card number) and to switch services over from the old viewing card to the new viewing card. (Please note all viewing cards ordered by eir Sport are from Sky, but can still be used in a FTA box for our channels).

We have advised the eir Sport agents again of this process in order to ensure that when you do call they are up to speed on what to do. But as it’s not a request that gets asked too much, the agent may need to ask a manager for help, our agents will do everything they can to ensure 1) you doesn’t miss any eir Sport content and 2) ensure your viewing cards get switched across seamlessly.

I hope this helps,
    Pamela
    Thanks for the response Pamela.

One last question on this subject.

An eir broadband customer with no active Sky subscription can get a card activated for use in a Sky box to receive eir Sports channels.

Can this same eir customer get a second card for use in a second Sky box (same home two boxes in different rooms)?
    The answer would appear to be YES according to this

Can you please confirm or clarify this please.
    Thank you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thank you.

-Pamela 

In other words 

I hope this helps,
    Pamela
    Thanks for the response Pamela.

One last question on this subject.

An eir broadband customer with no active Sky subscription can get a card activated for use in a Sky box to receive eir Sports channels.

Can this same eir customer get a second card for use in a second Sky box (same home two boxes in different rooms)?
    The answer would appear to be YES according to this

Can you please confirm or clarify this please.
    Thank you.
    You can register two cards Johnboy1951. 
    If you have any issues the eir Sport team can assist you on the above contact number or you can also contact them via e-mail at this address - cs@eirsport.ie.

-Pamela 

Thank you Pamela.

• Advertisement

Thank you Pamela.
    No worries  Johnboy1951. :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement