Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines flowers

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

Any deals out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Plenty of graveyards around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Plenty of graveyards around

Iv a big quota to fill this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think aldi and/or lidl usually have them. I think the best bet would be to search the regular bargain alerts forum for last years thread. This would give tip offs on where offers were, but also what the quality was like last year, or if they sold out early etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes Aldi and Lidl yer only shops to go to for this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

For anyone in Dublin, you can't go wrong with the large bouquets they sell on Grafton Street for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I always buy my bouquets in Aldi or Lidl, Half the price of regular florists and I find they last way way longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep plenty of cheap, half dead tat in the supermarkets...... classy! what woman wouldn't want a bunch of that?????

How about going to the local florist and throw them a few quid to keep a few local jobs going....... and giving someone special something special.

Have you ever looked at the flowers that come into Aldi or Lidl at christmas/ easter/ mothers day/ valentines etc?!? they are Gorgeous! Why would you pay the guts of 100euro for a bunch of flowers that last a week when you can get a far superior bunch for 40euro that last a lot longer! 

Yeah, I've NO IDEA why anyone would want to do that! :getlost:
    Whats so special about flowers that cost twice the price and last half as long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Have you ever looked at the flowers that come into Aldi or Lidl at christmas/ easter/ mothers day/ valentines etc?!? they are Gorgeous! Why would you pay the guts of 100euro for a bunch of flowers that last a week when you can get a far superior bunch for 40euro that last a lot longer! 

Yeah, I've NO IDEA why anyone would want to do that! :getlost:
    Whats so special about flowers that cost twice the price and last half as long?

Ah yes, of course I have, and they're nowhere near what a proper florist would sell you, second grade rubbish in the supermarkets. Besides, as someone who ALWAYS buys from Aldi or Lidl and not a proper florist, you'd really know that they last longer than flowers from a real florist! :getlost: youself!
    You get what you pay for as in everything in life OP, best bargain alert I can give you is spend a bit more to get a bit more.

• Advertisement

Well thats your opinion. Mine is that they are on par if not better. (quality and value-wise) 
    Eh yeah.. I've been given bouquets from proper florists smartarse so I can vouch for both :happy: 
    If someone's looking for a bargain, telling them to spend more is not the answer they are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

screamer wrote:
    How about going to the local florist and throw them a few quid to keep a few local jobs going....... and giving someone special something special.

You a florist yourself, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Centra is doing a dozen roses for €5.

Advertisement