Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the "New iPhone" coming ??

Options
  • 08-02-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Usually Sept... I read today there could be a June release ???

anyone ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There was a rumour about production starting in June, but that’s only a month earlier than it usually starts and wouldn’t necessarily mean an earlier release. The blogs push out the earlier-than-usual-release rumour every year for clicks. Take it with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

100% won't be a June release, maybe new ipads in june, or a refreshed iMac, but 100% not an iPhone.

This release is going to be a big one, 10th anniversary, i'd be expecting it a little later than usual, i know there's reports of them booking production earlier than usual, but that's just ramping up production for a big launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

So its gona be a June announcement for maybe Sept release ??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

September release. Always.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    So its gona be a June announcement for maybe Sept release ??? :(

September announcement for September release. They'll start making them in June/July.

• Advertisement

September release. Always.

Incorrect, the 5 or the 5d was released in November!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Only 5 out of 10 releases were actually in September

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Only 5 out of 10 releases were actually in September

But everyone since 2012, except for the SE, was September.

Strange logic there, as there is a definite September pattern.

I am surprised though that Apple are not aiming for a June 29th release date to coincide with exact 10 year anniversary.

Advertisement