Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artichokes anywhere in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-02-2017 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    does anyone know where can buy artichokes heart in water or frozen in Dublin?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a very long shot, but you could try Lidl or Aldi, they might have them frozen. I know Lidl had jars of baby artichokes in oil (or brine, I can't remember) a long time ago. Alternatively you could try some of the proper Italian restaurants to see where they source them from. It's still a bit early in the season for them, though, isn't it? It might be slightly easier to find them fresh in March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Those would be very similar to the baby artichokes I saw in Lidl, artichoke hearts are quite different - also, those prices make my eyes water!!! Having said that, they might have some fresh produce there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I remember buying the artichokes in oil in Aldi last summer. They were really nice. Not sure if they still have them though but like above, it's worth a shot. They were over by the freezers, on the shelves overhead near the jars of gherkins and olives

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Avoca store in Rathcoole have them, I'm pretty sure of it.

Advertisement