Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot close a twitter linked account

Options
  • 08-02-2017 10:32pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Logue no2 wrote: »
    My boards account is linked to my twitter account. How do I close my boards account?
    On the full site if you go into your user Control Panel there's a "Close Account" option in the bottom left corner in the "Miscellaneous" section

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Beasty wrote: »
    On the full site if you go into your user Control Panel there's a "Close Account" option in the bottom left corner in the "Miscellaneous" section

I think they've posted elsewhere about this. It asks you to enter your password, but the user doesn't know what password to use as it logs in automatically via the twitter sign in link. I believe they've tried the twitter password to no avail.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Probably best to start a thread in Help Desk where one of the guys from the office will hopefully be able to help you.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

If you log out then on the login page enter your username and click 'I have forgotten my password', it should send a new password to the email linked to your Twitter, or a link to change it. Can't remember which...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

If the above doesn't work, let me know and I can close your account from here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement