Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in D15

Options
  • 09-02-2017 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all, i'm moving with my job to blanchardstown at the end of the month, and was wondering where would be a good area to live? i heard anywhere around castleknock would be nice? any areas i should avoid? i will be moving to Dublin for approximatly a year, i would only mainly be there Mon-Friday so nightlife etc wouldn't be so important, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You'll be fine anywhere. It doesn't sound like you'll be spending all that much time there, you're not looking to live there forever and will be gone on the weekend?

Just pick somewhere making your daily commute to work easy and somewhere you can escape easily on a Friday to get home. Keep ease of getting public transport in mind if you don't have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

You'll be fine anywhere. It doesn't sound like you'll be spending all that much time there, you're not looking to live there forever and will be gone on the weekend?

Just pick somewhere making your daily commute to work easy and somewhere you can escape easily on a Friday to get home. Keep ease of getting public transport in mind if you don't have a car.

At this time of the year i'll be gone home most weekends for my local gaa team but later on in the year as that will finish i will be staying up at the weekends,I do drive myself so pubic transport is not an issue,while being so close to the phoenix park is another good perk of choosing castleknock? also could anyone recommend some good gyms in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

At this time of the year i'll be gone home most weekends for my local gaa team but later on in the year as that will finish i will be staying up at the weekends,I do drive myself so pubic transport is not an issue,while being so close to the phoenix park is another good perk of choosing castleknock? also could anyone recommend some good gyms in the area?

Where are you going to be working? D15 is pretty massive and trying to get anywhere between 8 and 9 am is challenging.

All things being equal - yes, Castleknock is the "nicest" area around and being close to the park is great, especially in the summer. That will be reflected in the price and scarcity of accommodation though.

Loads of gyms around, depends if you want the full service (pool etc) or just a bench with weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

Where are you going to be working? D15 is pretty massive and trying to get anywhere between 8 and 9 am is challenging.

All things being equal - yes, Castleknock is the "nicest" area around and being close to the park is great, especially in the summer. That will be reflected in the price and scarcity of accommodation though.

Loads of gyms around, depends if you want the full service (pool etc) or just a bench with weights.

I'll be working in the alexion college park. my hours will be 07.30-1800,so although traffic shouldn't really be a problem in the morning it might be in the evening? ah i was thinking of somewhere that would have a pool,sauna etc along with weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Actually should be ok in evening. More worried about mornings.

Castle knock is nice but really for eating out etc. I'd be more tempted to live near work if not there a lot. I live in Waterville and I can zoom to Alexion (did some work there) in minutes.

There's lots of gyms...west point just down the road, also little-known one in coolmine school just down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another plug for Waterville. Quiet and on the doorstep of alexion and everything else really.

Actually, when are those planned road works going ahead over the N3? It'll be a while yet I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

At this time of the year i'll be gone home most weekends for my local gaa team
    If you go for Waterville you could get a bike and maintain a bit of fitness going to work. And you'd get in and out of the nearby Blanchardstown Centre quicker than in a car.

Advertisement