Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach Elite Pro or similar?

Options
  • 09-02-2017 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

My son is looking for Turtle Beach Elite pro headset for his birthday. He plays both Xbox one and occasionally ps4. Is this headset worth the price or is there a good alternative? He's 13, thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've got the Astro A50's and though they're about 100 quid dearer, I think they're absolutely worth every penny and you can set custom presets using an app via PC.

Now, I picked up the PS4 version but they also work with the Xbox One. Only thing about connecting them to the XB1 is that the mic doesn't function but that's not a problem for me personally as I don't play many games online any way.

Like I say, price point is very high for the Astro A50's but I have absolutely no regret about forking over that amount of money for them.

Also wireless and last for approx 13-15 hours.

I've owned a few low end Turtle Beach headsets and haven't had any issues with them but the Astro's are a class above. Not to say that the Elite Pro headset won't have the same feel about them but I've no personal experience of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Bit steep to be spending on a 13 year old for a headset though i reckon. HyperX Cloud Stinger should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Yes thanks for suggestions was hoping to get some around 100 euro mark. Will check out thread Grahamer666 thanks

Advertisement