Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent: I live in Poland and card was blocked at point of sale as I forgot my pin (it

• 09-02-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

A letter with my pin is on its way to my house in Ireland but that was before I blocked it. I was told to try in the ATM and it would unblock in 24 hours but I misheard and ended up blocking it at sale point. I´m screwed because I don´t have any cahs now or anyone to borrow from while I wait

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

A letter with my pin is on its way to my house in Ireland but that was before I blocked it. I was told to try in the ATM and it would unblock in 24 hours but I misheard and ended up blocking it at sale point. I´m screwed because I don´t have any cahs now or anyone to borrow from while I wait
    Hi pocketjeffs,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear this. As soon as you receive the pin, you can unlock the card by using it at a chip and pin ATM. Once this is done the card will unlock immediately.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pocketjeffs

So any foreign ATM or Bankomat will work yes? Becasue I read that if you block it in a shop you need a BOI ATM? But if you block it in ATM, it resets after 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

So any foreign ATM or Bankomat will work yes? Becasue I read that if you block it in a shop you need a BOI ATM? But if you block it in ATM, it resets after 24 hours.
    Hi pocketjeffs,

If it's a Visa Debit Card, you can unlock it at any ATM by making a withdrawal. Debit cards blocked at an ATM will unlock automatically after 24 hours. For MasterCard Credit Cards you need to locate an ATM offering the Unlock PIN function or use in a BOI ATM.

Thanks
    Tara 

Advertisement