Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

domrush wrote: »
    Liverpool?

The Telegraph: Why you won't be able to watch Arsenal's attempt to finish in top four on Sky this Sunday. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwxJ2O9TQ

Liverpool, City and Chelsea matches will be shown.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

x PyRo wrote: »
    With proper coaching he can (will?) be our best keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Good article, one of the questions in the comment section caught my eye

What does Gerry Peyton ( Arsenal goalkeeper trainer) do? Chesney seems to have improved more in 2 years at Roma than In 5 years under Peyton . When last did a keeper improve under Peyton? None in the last 10 years . Even Cech seems to be going backwards.

One of the responses

It's more what he doesn't do - he doesn't challenge King Arsene. That's all that matters.

I was reading some of the excerpts from Tony Adams book today in one of the papers. Obviously, the parts leaked to the papers are the interesting bits but he was fairly critical of Wenger and his coaching (or lack of) methods. Saying how he avoided confrontation at all costs and didn't like strong character's, nothing new in that I know but interesting nonetheless. Also took a dig at Bould as a yes man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Breaking news on SSN...ALISHER USMANOV MAKES $1.3BN BID TO BUY OUT STAN KROENKE'S CONTROLLING STAKE IN ARSENAL

Get him in and get the rotten leech Kroenke away from our club..As dodgy as Usmanovs rep is hes willing to plough his own money into the club and hold AW accountable for poor results that follow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Breaking news on SSN...ALISHER USMANOV MAKES $1.3BN BID TO BUY OUT STAN KROENKE'S CONTROLLING STAKE IN ARSENAL

Get him in and get the rotten leech Kroenke away from our club..As dodgy as Usmanovs rep is hes willing to plough his own money into the club and hold AW accountable for poor results that follow

Wow wasn't expecting anything like this! Apparently there are other bidders too! I just want Kroenke out, would Stan Kroenke sell though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bid has been rejected apparently but there are other bidders interested. Might be the best option if somebody new comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Bid has been rejected apparently but there are other bidders interested. Might be the best option if somebody new comes in.

On SSN they said there has been no response from Stan but yes they all reckon he will reject it.
    Usmanov is a sly aul dog though and hes wanted to own Arsenal for a long time,heres hoping hes like a dog with a bone and someway or another he can force Kroenkes hand to sell up.
    God I want that Kroenke as far away from us as possible.(fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Man oh man. Very exciting if something gets sorted down the line. On yer bike Stan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Please. please, please God make them all go ..... Kronke, Wenger and any other hanger-on who's holding the club back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Beat me to it
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JWTelegraph/status/865609501637959680

Don't think these Russians take rejection to Well:)
    Let's see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ah I've been browsing twitter and reputable journalists close to Arsenal are saying that there is no way Kroenke is going to sell. I was getting excited for a bit! Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Why would that clown Kroenke sell Arsenal? It's a license to print money! He's the worst thing to ever hit Arsenal football club IMO and he'll be here for a good while yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus. Got excited there for a minute.

This really is a bastard of a situation. I really, really, really don't want to sell out to one of those oligarch snakes.

But I really, really, really, really want Kroenke to f*ck off away from the club. Anywhere, don't care where.

So Usmanov just shades it. But ultimately it's bleak, either way.

God, Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the other lads please let us win the cup. I fear it could be a lean few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Lead story on Sky News. They always get it right don't they? :)

Edit: Oh Christ, this is making Bryan Swanson orgasmic. Really don't want to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Lead story on Sky News. They always get it right don't they? :)

Well, it's the first day in ooh, months where there's no Premier League game to hype up.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    On the season thing, worth noting this season has not really been worse than many of the last 10. We reached the FA Cup final, last 16 of CL (it was ever thus) and are likely to finish the season on 75 points. No team has ever finished on 75 pts and not qualified for the CL.

Look back on those (good) few seasons where we scraped to 72 on the last day, made the CL by the skin of our teeth and celebrated about it, well that was bound to swing the other way eventually.

Now, I'm not saying this season has been good enough or anything mental like that, just pointing out it hasn't been objectively worse than usual, just the competition was stiffer.

This season has seen the usual recurring themes of the players downing tools and the managers further decline. 75 points would be a false indicator. The bottom line, no real progress. The move to the emirates was meant to be the next step in becoming an elite European side and consolidating from where we left off at Highbury

I actually dont like the idea of trying to buy the league but i do want the club to aim high in terms of winning. There is no way Wenger should have the power he currently has.

I would rather someone putting in money to the club then a horrible vile leech taking us for millions and creating the loser culture we currently have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Usmanov don't be a Wenger with Suarez just give Kroenke 3 billion and get all of them yes men out of the club !!!! PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

It is encouraging that bids are being made at all though, I can't remember any takeover bids in the past couple of years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

wonga77 wrote: »
    Good article, one of the questions in the comment section caught my eye

What does Gerry Peyton ( Arsenal goalkeeper trainer) do? Chesney seems to have improved more in 2 years at Roma than In 5 years under Peyton . When last did a keeper improve under Peyton? None in the last 10 years . Even Cech seems to be going backwards.

One of the responses

It's more what he doesn't do - he doesn't challenge King Arsene. That's all that matters.

I was reading some of the excerpts from Tony Adams book today in one of the papers. Obviously, the parts leaked to the papers are the interesting bits but he was fairly critical of Wenger and his coaching (or lack of) methods. Saying how he avoided confrontation at all costs and didn't like strong character's, nothing new in that I know but interesting nonetheless. Also took a dig at Bould as a yes man

Adams criticisms seem quite cheap digs in my opinion. Wenger clearly WAS great coach but this stinks of Adams kicking him when he's down.Surely Vieira,Henry etc were strong characters and he had them for years.I'm sure I've heard in the past from some of his former players how Wengers more easygoing attitude was a good thing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Adams criticisms seem quite cheap digs in my opinion. Wenger clearly WAS great coach but this stinks of Adams kicking him when he's down.Surely Vieira,Henry etc were strong characters and he had them for years.I'm sure I've heard in the past from some of his former players how Wengers more easygoing attitude was a good thing about him.

Adams would have gone from an extremely defensive drill focused in Graham to Wenger to be fair as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's a sad state of affairs when we're all hoping that a shady Russian billionaire will come in to save the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

#Wengerout to save the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Adams is a clown always has been, was a great player but not time for him

Arghus wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs when we're all hoping that a shady Russian billionaire will come in to save the day.

Yeah, I'm still behind not having shady Russian overlords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Does it look like Kos will be fit to play tomorrow?

Does it look like Kos will be fit to play tomorrow?

The club tweeted pics of him training, so I'd say yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Its strange how quiet it is in here these days, particularly before games. Its the last game of the season and theres a lot riding on the results from today but no one is posting.
    Im not saying im surprised, its just really noticeable the last 2 months or so.
    Hoping the summer activities will give us all new hope even if its just for a few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Its strange how quiet it is in here these days, particularly before games. Its the last game of the season and theres a lot riding on the results from today but no one is posting.
    Im not saying im surprised, its just really noticeable the last 2 months or so.
    Hoping the summer activities will give us all new hope even if its just for a few weeks!

Season is over, nothing riding on today whatsoever. All that's left is the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It would be typical of our season for pool to drop points only for us to match their result.

Either way there'll be some tricky play off teams for whoever gets 4th.

Just want to win the FA cup now and forget this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Any english speaking channels showing this? Currently watching it in arabic

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Any english speaking channels showing this? Currently watching it in arabic

NBC Premier League Extra time, if you can find it

Very hard to get hyped for Arsenal at the moment. If we win today it'll mean finishing the season with 8/10 wins and probably still not making the CL. Shows how far we'd fallen back.

Not even bothering with today. Taking the family out for a meal, will keep tabs when I can. We don't deserve top 4, very few memorable moments from this season.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not even bothering with today. Taking the family out for a meal, will keep tabs when I can. We don't deserve top 4, very few memorable moments from this season.

Wish I'd that option. None of my mates are up for doing anything today. :pac:

Found an english stream of it on some channel called star sports 2 if anyone is looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Finisher's instinct there from Danny :pac:

Imagine what Ozil was thinking when Welbeck ****ed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well advantage Arsenal for now, Pool v Boro is a tepid affair so far.

Kos red ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What in the hell is that decision?

Bad challenge but never a fùcking red. Bollocks.

Seriously **** this team.

I have no problem with that decision. If that was against us we'd be looking for the red. If it was anyone but Koscielny it would look like a hacking tackle, because that's what it is and we'd all like to think he's not like that.

• Advertisement

I was actually enjoying that until the red, now we're gonna get destroyed

He'll miss the final now won't he? What a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I have no problem with that decision. If that was against us we'd be looking for the red. If it was anyone but Koscielny it would look like a hacking tackle, because that's what it is and we'd all like to think he's not like that.

That's the definition of a yellow card tackle, against us or by us.

That's the definition of a yellow card tackle, against us or by us.
    In the situation he was in a trip is a standard yellow. It was a desperate hacking lunge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

omega man wrote: »
    He'll miss the final now won't he? What a disaster

Yep, he'll be out for the final. Shambles

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement