Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This thread is currently getting a bit of heat from Reddit over the Liam Brady thing earlier today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

This thread is currently getting a bit of heat from Reddit over the Liam Brady thing earlier today.

Not on reddit...whats happening...I thought that was one of the best bit of insight on here in a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads, we're gone viral...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

when-the-meme-you-shared-gets-2-likes-google-how-17543150.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

FixitFelix wrote: »

Pity the Zenith Data Cup wasnt still around, he could have won four things :rolleyes:

Pathetic little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

omega man wrote: »
    Hope we take this competition seriously next year. With the addition of CL qualification it's a really decent trophy now.

And if they can win it.....

keano_afc wrote: »
    And if they can win it.....

We are liable to go and ponce around against the likes of Genk or St Petersburg under Wenger and end up getting knocked out. The teams laissez faire attitude against so called weaker opposition on occasion is a reflection of him.

• This thread is currently getting a bit of heat from Reddit over the Liam Brady thing earlier today.

Out of interest I read the post last night. Do you have the reddit link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Out of interest I read the post last night. Do you have the reddit link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/6d5dfm/a_fan_reports_a_recent_conversation_they_had_with/

When Wenger spoke of something happening in December and that he would write about it in his book.
    Do ye think having a contract offer from the Club pulled is what he's referencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

When Wenger spoke of something happening in December and that he would write about it in his book.
    Do ye think having a contract offer from the Club pulled is what he's referencing?

No as we weren't far off the pace in December as I remember.

I see city have left Clichy and Sagna go, how long before we're linked? Bets on the first paper to write it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Fu*k me, Alan Shearer talking a load of pointless bollox on BBC News about the F.A. Cup Final. Filling time before the weather. Cushty gig Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Fu*k me, Alan Shearer talking a load of pointless bollox on BBC News about the F.A. Cup Final. Filling time before the weather. Cushty gig Alan.

Probably still salty that we beat them in 98. Show us your medals Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Normally I'd be well up for an FA Cup final with The Arsenal in it by now, but i've never been less motivated for a cup final in my near 40 years of being a gooner... I suppose the fact I'm feeling less confident of success than for any of the previous ones is a factor but after the season we've just had & all the news of Kroenke/Wenger/Sanchez/Ozil etc. I just feel like I want this season to end as quickly & painlessly as possible... obviously I want us to win tomorrow but even if we do I'm not sure if i'll be celebrating as much as I have in the past given the mess with the squad & behind the scenes not looking likely to be addressed anytime soon.

Hopefully I can muster some motivation for 90 odd minutes tomorrow... if someone had told me 20 years ago The Arsenal were in the cup final and I wouldnt be wired with excitement I'd have laughed them out the door... but the last couple of years have simply drained any enthusiasm I had for the team. I sincerely hope something happens to relight the fire that was first lit in an impressionable 6yo in 1978.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I see city have left Clichy and Sagna go, how long before we're linked? Bets on the first paper to write it?

Sagna still has alot to offer and is a leader at the very least. Id take him on a free. I personally have no ill feeling toward him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I was very much looking forward to the cup final. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off match.

Until we somehow contrived to get two, maybe three of our centre halves ruled out of the game in the week before it.

It's so Arsenal, I can't even put it into words.

In fact, I'm amazed we didn't organize a friendly against Bayern this week, just to give our confidence a bit of a kicking too.

Cech dropped for the FA Cup Final. We all know Ospina is the keeper for the cup games but fcuk me this is a Cup Final. We are down players at CB and now we have the 2nd choice 'keeper between the sticks.
    Ospina has made his mind up to go in the summer so why bother playing him is beyond me. The stubborn mule is at it again.

Cech had hit a bit of form too recently.

• Advertisement

That's a bizarre call, nothing against Ospina but Cech is better, played the semi final, and is in form.

It's because this is Ospina's last match before he goes and Sczcesny comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's because this is Ospina's last match before he goes and Sczcesny comes back.

Terrible reasons lets be honest. So sentimental.

Sentiment is nice but not in a cup final.

If there was any justice it would be Wenger's last match too. This is a disgraceful decision.

I did completely make that up. Who really knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jaysus City are off the mark early. 50 million euro for one player already, Bernardo Silva. They don't hang about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

domrush wrote: »
    Terrible reasons lets be honest. So sentimental.

Cech has an injury. He had been picked to play tomorrow

Jaysus City are off the mark early. 50 million euro for one player already, Bernardo Silva. They don't hang about.

Lol imagine being pro active in the transfer market.

• Advertisement

Lol imagine being pro active in the transfer market.

This time last year, we had already signed Xhaka....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We did already sign Kolasnic or what ever his name is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I did completely make that up. Who really knows.

Well, I'm outraged!

The BBC are starting their build up to the game today at 1400.

1615 is when thing start to get a bit more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Would have loved to have gone to Wembley today, even without a ticket to soak up the atmosphere. Heading to the Mercantile in Dublin instead, hoping it will be good there to watch it.

Rumour that The Ox is playing left wing back today. Is very risky, however Gibbs is hardly the greatest so he might be able to do a job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gibbs offers practically nothing going forward. You can't play that system with limited players so I can see the reasoning behind trying Chamberlain there, I'm sure he's appeared at left wing at some course over his time for Arsenal.

Starting Ospina over Cech is complete madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Gibbs offers practically nothing going forward. You can't play that system with limited players so I can see the reasoning behind trying Chamberlain there, I'm sure he's appeared at left wing at some course over his time for Arsenal.

Starting Ospina over Cech is complete madness.

Yeah I'd definitely be playing the Ox ahead of Gibbs even if it is a slight gamble and he has played left wing for us in the past.
    Ospina is a quality keeper imo, but it is ridiculous not going with Cech. I did read a rumour that Cech is possibly injured, so that may be the reason. Suppose we will find out at about 4.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Good luck to the Gunners, we are going to need a bit plus grit and determination to win today. Come on the Gooners.

The BBC are starting their build up to the game today at 1400.

1615 is when thing start to get a bit more interesting.

Make that 5.30. I did enjoy Omid Djalilis bit on football comedy sketches there now though

I wonder will Mert start?
    I'm thinking he'll be far too slow and rusty for the way Chelsea move the ball at speed.

I wonder will Mert start?
    I'm thinking he'll be far too slow and rusty for the way Chelsea move the ball at speed.

Urgh. I was at the match at the Emirates last year where he got sent off for taking out Costa. Would not want to be seeing that again.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/868489454364880896

Ox on the left, Mert starting in a back 3, Welbeck starting up top.

Just looking at our reserves, you wouldn't want anything to happen to the back 3. No chance of reverting to a back 4 mid match anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/868489454364880896

Ox on the left, Mert starting in a back 3, Welbeck starting up top.

That back 3 looks horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Cech is fit enough to be on the bench. If Ospina turns in a brutal performance, Wenger is going to take some stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Cech is fit enough to be on the bench. If Ospina turns in a brutal performance, Wenger is going to take some stick.

The stick he has taken to date he couldn't give a fcuk about that.

He done the same with Fabianski when he was leaving, loyalty is oddly one off his weakest points

Won't be backing a 0 - 0 today.

Soups123 wrote: »
    The stick he has taken to date he couldn't give a fcuk about that.

He done the same with Fabianski when he was leaving, loyalty is oddly one off his weakest points

He doesn't like the criticism -
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40069681

How are we all feeling???

Starting to get the gitters here. Just started to do a bit of house cleaning to burn off some energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Soups123 wrote: »
    That back 3 looks horrible

Without Kos, we are going to be desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Without Kos, we are going to be desperate.

And Mert has said that he has never played in a back 3 before ! We are not well organised defensively at the best of times.

How are we all feeling???

Starting to get the gitters here. Just started to do a bit of house cleaning to burn off some energy.

My butterflies always fly in perfect formation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement