Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

How are we all feeling???

Starting to get the gitters here. Just started to do a bit of house cleaning to burn off some energy.

I need a whiskey to take the edge off....
    Edit: Now I need another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He doesn't like the criticism -
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40069681

Seems like a dig at some internal people, he has said a few times when the time is right he'll share more about what has gone on this season.

Anyway discussion for another day!

Soups123 wrote: »
    The stick he has taken to date he couldn't give a fcuk about that.

He done the same with Fabianski when he was leaving, loyalty is oddly one off his weakest points

There wasnt the same gulf in class between Scz and Fabianski as they are between Cech and Ospina though.

Wenger is whining about the abuse he is getting on bbc earlier. Not a shred of sympathy for him. The abuse is a result of his and the teams approach to matches and competitions with the last 12 years or so. In a properly ran football club he should be sacked irregardless of today's result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

There wasnt the same gulf in class between Scz and Fabianski as they are between Cech and Ospina though.

Wenger is whining about the abuse he is getting on bbc earlier. Not a shred of sympathy for him. The abuse is a result of his and the teams approach to matches and competitions with the last 12 years or so. In a properly ran football club he should be sacked irregardless of today's result.

Yes indeed. It has not happened overnight. He refused to buy season after season and just plodded on, refuting any criticism. He knows where the door is by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm nervous, very nervous. Sucking the life out Heineken bottles here, take away on its way, Ramsey backed first goalscorer 16/1. Gonna enjoy this anyway, MASSIVE game. COYG!

Anyways enough about Wenger, i hope for many fans of Arsenal FC who travel up and down the country and all over Europe to matches and of course all of you boards.ie gooners, that we do the business today

#coyg

I'm nervous, very nervous. Sucking the life out Heineken bottles here, take away on its way, Ramsey backed first goalscorer 16/1. Gonna enjoy this anyway, MASSIVE game. COYG!

Not a bit nervous. Im expecting another colossal failure to be honest so anything else is a bonus. I may throw one or two of Aldi's finest down the red canal at some stage though ;)

Not a bit nervous. Im expecting another colossal failure to be honest so anything else is a bonus. I may throw one or two of Aldi's finest down the red canal at some stage though ;)

Exactly why I'm nervous. I think we will get absolutely hockeyed today...but...it's a final and I'll try and enjoy it. Monumental day for Wenger more than the players on the field I think.

Exactly why I'm nervous. I think we will get absolutely hockeyed today...but...it's a final and I'll try and enjoy it. Monumental day for Wenger more than the players on the field I think.

If we lose 10-0 today, Arsene will still be in charge this time next year and perhaps the year after that....maybe even longer. I suppose given the absentees it would be harsh to use a defeat today as a rod to beat him with but overall, win, lose or draw he should do the decent thing and walk away. His time is up. Hopefully that American leech Kroenke will do the decent thing also

• Advertisement

If we lose 10-0 today, Arsene will still be in charge this time next year and perhaps the year after that....maybe even longer. I suppose given the absentees it would be harsh to use a defeat today as a rod to beat him with but overall, win, lose or draw he should do the decent thing and walk away. His time is up. Hopefully that American leech Kroenke will do the decent thing also

While I agree with you on Wenger staying it'll still be a monumental day if we lose for him. The tide has turned and those on the fence might get off it now.

Anyway, I'd like us to win today, I might just put my focus into some positivity for the next two hours!

I've also cracked out the craft beers :)

Predictions?

3-1 Chelsea for me.

Predictions?

3-1 Chelsea for me.

Jaysis lad the positivity didn't last long haha....
    2-1 Arsenal....COYG...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

2-0 to us . Alexis and Mert to sprint 70 yards and score a screamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Just not nervous like I would normally be for a final. Not that I don't care, I desperately want to win but there's something missing (other than our CBs!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

3-1 Chelsea for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Man Utd fan here,up for ye today,enough for Chelsea to win league,biggest problem for ye will be Merts lack of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Btw I hate eirsports. It never works. You can't use chrome, firefox or microsoft edge, it has to be internet explorer. It kept crashing and wouldn't play and then it logged me out and when I logged back in my pc was suddenly a 3rd device that I can't give access to for a month. FFS

Found another source though but it is retarded that I can't watch it on a service I am paying for.

Anyway **** it, come on the Arsenal!

Oooooooooooohhhhh

Has to give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Get in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fcuuuuuuuuuk!!!!

YESSSSSASSSS!

farna_boy wrote: »
    Btw I hate eirsports. It never works. You can't use chrome, firefox or microsoft edge, it has to be internet explorer. It kept crashing and wouldn't play and then it logged me out and when I logged back in my pc was suddenly a 3rd device that I can't give access to for a month. FFS

Found another source though but it is retarded that I can't watch it on a service I am paying for.

Anyway **** it, come on the Arsenal!

It's on TV3

Hon Holding! :D

Sanchez goal reminded me of Alan Smiths at Anfield in 1989 complete with opposition idiots trying to bully the ref :)

Dirty bastard, pity the goal wasnt 85 mins later!

Need to calm down now though

Chelsea look like they only had to turn up today. They look like they can be picked apart right now, could be a high scoring game.

Should be 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

OMG. So close.

Jesus.

• Advertisement

Should have 3. My Lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How did Ramsey not put that in??

Guys, this could be over by now. We are battering them.

Rambo throw any body part at that ffs.

Were gonna regret this

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Were gonna regret this

Yeah, Chelsea will have a good spell at some stage, really need to grab another while we're still on top.

Welbeck doing great work

Mert solid so far, fair play

Kante can kill a fast break, knowing full well he's immune to yellow cards

• Advertisement

Good save Ospina

Queue the Ospina is dying again routine

So many chances ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ref doing his best to help Chelsea out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Xhaka and Monreal are having worldies out there today

Even özil getting stuck in. Fantastic.

• Advertisement

The **** is Ox doing with those stupid blind passes well inside our half

Should be at least another goal up...could be 4 up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Should have scored more but pleasantly surprised at how we have played! Looks like Chelsea have been on the rip since they won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm in bits here.

The intensity has been fantastic, but it can't last.

We've been fantastic so far. Thoughts wander back to 2001 though when we were equally fantastic against Liverpool and got hit with two sucker punches. I feel we need another here and perhaps a third to seal it. So far so good :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement