Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Jaysis lad the positivity didn't last long haha....
    2-1 Arsenal....COYG...

Positivity and alcohol make gitzy a very happy man haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

When ye play like that ye can compete with anyone. Truly magnificent performance today and scoreline didn't reflect your dominance at all. Congrats on the trophy guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Well done arsenal, one of the most entertaining finals in years! Pity spurs couldn't make the final instead of the blues.. but either way im delighted for the decent humble gunners on here your team more than deserved the win, the where epic today and withstood a lot of pressure

Turtwig wrote: »
    When ye play like that ye can compete with anyone. Truly magnificent performance today and scoreline didn't reflect your dominance at all. Congrats on the trophy guys.

Thing is we dont play like this all of the time and sometimes its even the polar opposite. We are the ultimate bipolar team. I think three at the back suits us though.

The real unsung heroes of Arsenal are the die hards. Arsenal Fan TV comes in for alot of OTT criticism but most of these lads were everywhere from Sutton to Bulgaria throughout the season. Many of them Wenger critics but they never stopped following Arsenal irregardless of some of the results. Today was for them.

COYG!

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

https://twitter.com/TheArseneView/status/868535450151112704

G'WAN MERT! Particularly delighted for him (and Arsene, of course). Should have been MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Won a trophy on Spurs' home ground again lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

As someone said earlier best of our 3 recent FA cup successes.

Fcuk the Champions league.....did spurs win any trophies this year lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Congrats lads, by far the better team today and should have scored at least 5. We didn't show up but take nothing away from you, that was a brilliant performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted for Wenger he's a class act.

7 cups, 3 of the last 4!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As someone said earlier best of our 3 recent FA cup successes.

Yep. I don't put much store in the Cups unless they're add ons to the league but i actually enjoyed the performance and desire of the team today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Well done today. Totally deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What an immense performance today. I was very worried about Per but he was excellent, my motm for sure. I was certain all the missed chances would come back to bite us, at the end it was almost training ground stuff it was so casual. We should have had at least 5 goals though.
    Super all over the field, (apart from sticking it in the net) the tackling and chasing was brilliant to watch, just annoys me a bit that the same desire was so often lacking in the league.
    I know they kind of have to but its so cringy watching reporters ask the players and then Wenger if he will stay or go, just give him his few minutes of celebration in peace ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I've always hated Taylor from that time he sent of Kos against Villa a few seasons ago but he really came into his own today. Very brave to send Moses off for the dive and he gave us the benefit of the doubt with the Sanchez handball too.

greendom wrote: »
    I've always hated Taylor from that time he sent of Kos against Villa a few seasons ago but he really came into his own today. Very brave to send Moses off for the dive and he gave us the benefit of the doubt with the Sanchez handball too.

Yeh ref was excellent today...blind to the handball and 20/20 to the dive:D:D:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Good to see a blatant attempt at cheating being caught though, it goes on so often in so many games and its rare to see someone punished, especially on the big stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

A day I will remember for a long time. We were underdogs, not just because of the defensive injuries, we would have been underdogs regardless.
    Big underdogs, not because of a huge gulf in quality between the two teams, but because everyone knows how susceptible Arsenal are to folding under the big occasion, but today was the first time in a long time there was genuine proudness in me of this team and to be an Arsenal fan.
    Yes, Chelsea underperformed, but you can only beat whats in front of you, and to do it in such a bullish and confident manner today was great to witness.

Again, were only a couple of signings away from a real league challenge, but we have been for years now. Whether Arsene leaving or changes at board level can somehow change this "also ran" attitude, it will be same ol same ol again next year.

Important club meeting on Tuesday according to Wenger, so we will all hopefully have some clarity next Wednesday/Thursday.

A drink to us all after another hard and certainly uncertain season for Arsenal fans (and probably the players too it seems).

13 FA Cups, 7 for Wenger, I will sleep happy tonight.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Good to see a blatant attempt at cheating being caught though, it goes on so often in so many games and its rare to see someone punished, especially on the big stage
    Yes indeed. I give referees a lot of stick on this forum but today all praise goes to the referee for not bottling his decision. Great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Congratulations on the win today, always have a soft spot for the Arsenal and Wenger too(might not be a healthy thing to say here now:D but still..).

Congratulations on the win today, always have a soft spot for the Arsenal and Wenger too(might not be a healthy thing to say here now:D but still..).

Ah your safe today lol...lots of happy gooners today.

• Advertisement

Suarez is a gooner :D

418474.PNG

This video is fantastic. Poor Claude, he's had a very bad year. He wears his heart on his sleeve and follows Arsenal all over Europe. he deserves at the very least to have a team to be proud of. Today he got just that :)

This video is fantastic. Poor Claude, he's had a very bad year. He wears his heart on his sleeve and follows Arsenal all over Europe. he deserves at the very least to have a team to be proud of. Today he got just that :)

You could see the confusion all over his face.
    Delighted with the win and performance today and confused as to how the same players could play such rubbish for most of the season.
    I feel the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

omega man wrote: »
    In fairness the new formation really worked so hats off Wenger..

Hard to critique when the team looks so much better since the change.

I absolutely loved that match today, from the first whistle to the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Great win today. Delighted for Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That looks nothing like Suarez.

For one Suarez isn't black.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

x PyRo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TheArseneView/status/868535450151112704

G'WAN MERT! Particularly delighted for him (and Arsene, of course). Should have been MOTM.

He was 66/1 to get motm on bet365 which i thought was a great price. Have to I'm feeling a bit robbed to have lost that bet! To play like that on his first game of the season was incredible.

Very happy for Wenger after the season he's had. Will ve interesting to see if the 3-4-2-1 formation will be used next year, the record since switching is very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

It's confusing. I've been very critical of Wenger all year and then he delivers another trophy that not many of us expected. I've been saying all year that he should go. But Jesus 7 cups is massive. It's legendary. On top of the 3 titles and the invincibles. Then all the hatred and what he calls himself as the "disgraceful treatment" he's received from some of the fans.

7 cups and 3 titles including an invincible season and we want to run him out of the club? Right now it doesn't feel right, in fact it feels very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Absolutely delighted with the win and performance today.

It was the first match in a long long time that I enjoyed watching throughout.

Special credit has to go to Mert, first game in a year and to put in a performance like that was outstanding. Oh what a difference it makes to play with a captain!

Giroud also deserves massive plaudits. To come on and your first touch is that to give an assist for Ramsey to win the cup, brilliant.

**** everything else, lets enjoy the win for a few days, after that performance we all deserve it.

gebbel wrote: »
    It's confusing. I've been very critical of Wenger all year and then he delivers another trophy that not many of us expected. I've been saying all year that he should go. But Jesus 7 cups is massive. It's legendary. On top of the 3 titles and the invincibles. Then all the hatred and what he calls himself as the "disgraceful treatment" he's received from some of the fans.

7 cups and 3 titles including an invincible season and we want to run him out of the club? Right now it doesn't feel right, in fact it feels very wrong.

mkjkdjgoiywhugh.... sdhgfyjgfwegyywgfy.....Ive abused the man but now i feel weird cause of the elation of beating a team we were not supposed to beat...sdhgjwegfwevf.jgjgdge...can we really go through another year of he same old sh1t....my heads fried,,,who do we get instead of AW?...the greatest ever manager of Arsenal!...the best ever FA cup team!...is it Wenger or Kroenke thats the problem?....dfdgfvuiewgfugu....messed up head here thinking what the fcuk we are supposed to do....the players all SEEM to want to play for him but have shown that they just dont when it really matters.

Hes got to go....but the change in tactics and formation has worked wonders...one more year????....i dont think i could handle another year like the past 3.....It would want to be some decent manager that takes over and not some lad like Howe...then again Arsene Who??? remember that!!....MY HEAD HURTS LOL

Same again next year lads yeh?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Guns n Roses were ****ing class and Arsenal win the cup. Great day :-)

Guns n Roses were ****ing class and Arsenal win the cup. Great day :-)

Hope the weather got better for ya....Im in Navan and was fairly crap until the match then I didnt look out the window:D...was too busy shouting at refs!!!

gebbel wrote: »

7 cups and 3 titles including an invincible season and we want to run him out of the club? Right now it doesn't feel right, in fact it feels very wrong

Not wanting to burst the bubble of a fantastic win today, but for me i will hold firm in my belief that now is the perfect time to part company with Arsene Wenger. Dont forget there has been quite a few insipid performances this season.

A brilliant performance today but it papers over alot of cracks as DT rightly said on Arsenal fan tv. Yes we won almost all of our games since that dreadful night against Crystal Palace when the fans told the players they werent fit to wear the shirt but sandwiched in between this good form was that defeat to Spurs where we were utterly useless.

Its the same tired old cycle every year. Start well enough, collapse, finish strongly perhaps win the cup/claim a CL spot/both. This team should be challenging for leagues. Today proved that it is within their capabilities to turn out strong performances. it was in a way like Jim Bowens 'Here is what you could have won' on bullseye. A window into what Arsenal are fully capable of. If Wenger stays, we will always have that glass ceiling of champions league qualification with the odd cup here or there. Arsenal are a big club and deserve far better for 9m a year.

Not wanting to burst the bubble of a fantastic win today, but for me i will hold firm in my belief that now is the perfect time to part company with Arsene Wenger. Dont forget there has been quite a few insipid performances this season.

A brilliant performance today but it papers over alot of cracks as DT rightly said on Arsenal fan tv. Yes we won almost all of our games since that dreadful night against Crystal Palace when the fans told the players they werent fit to wear the shirt but sandwiched in between this good form was that defeat to Spurs where we were utterly useless.

Its the same tired old cycle every year. Start well enough, collapse, finish strongly perhaps win the cup/claim a CL spot/both. This team should be challenging for leagues. Today proved that it is within their capabilities to turn out strong performances. it was in a way like Jim Bowens 'Here is what you could have won' on bullseye. A window into what Arsenal are fully capable of. If Wenger stays, we will always have that glass ceiling of champions league qualification with the odd cup here or there. Arsenal are a big club and deserve far better for 9m a year.

Your dead right tipp....but stop sobering me up ya fcuk lol...champione champione ole ole ole:D:D:D

Ive a child thats nearly 7 and today was the first time in about 10 weeks he didnt spend the weekend with me...he rang at 5 and asked are we playing for the trophy today..reluctantly i said yes but told his mother to keep an eye on the result....for weeks the stupid little fcuker said we would win the cup...full of optimism,his father full of pessimism(trying to let him down gently)....i got the greatest phonecall a man could ever wish for at 8 this evening when the little lad rang off his mothers phone and proudly told me I was wrong and said "daddy I told you we'd win...I told you Arsenal was the best team ever"...........i cant tell him we are fcuked if we carry on like the way we are(thats just evil)...but i wish i had the optimism and innocence of seeing my team beat Chelsea like they did without the realisation of the sh1t weve seen all season.
    My lad saw only 1 thing....Mert lifting the trophy...In his eyes we are winners....and right now,that will do for me....

Till Septmeber lads,and then ill crush the poor fellas dreams by cursing this team if we are in the same situation as the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,083 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Congratulations on the win yesterday, well deserved, much the better team overall. In American sports film jargon, Arsenal simply wanted it more than Chelsea.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gandalf wrote: »

Sounds to me like Wenger is just trying to point the finger at someone else for how poor the team have been this season. Pure arrogance. He needs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Do Arsenal have the money available to overhaul the squad if Wenger does leave?

• Advertisement

Negativity's back! Wondered how long it would be

He'd be absolutely mental not to leave now on such a high. He's been blessed by the gods with such a chance to leave with his legend status fully intact.

He's staying though, I'm sure of it.

Negativity's back! Wondered how long it would be
    I don't think it went away in truth.
    One swallow .....

Winning the league should be what every fan wants.

One swallow .....

The reality is that it's what Wenger wants as well. That's why I reckon he's not going to leave.

Written by a Spurs fan. You can't help but enjoy this stuff.

"We take the tinkle out of Arsenal failing and stumbling under Wenger, mock royally at their decline and suggest that they're in for a terrible time if they have the temerity to keep him on - but for all that, in the past four years he has won three FA Cups. Even in numerical terms, that's more than Poch, AVB, Harry, Ramos, Jol, Hoddle, Graham, Gross, Francis and Ossie combined. In the past four years. And this is decline, apparently. This is what we're supposed to laugh at them for."

Basil3 wrote: »
    The reality is that it's what Wenger wants as well. That's why I reckon he's not going to leave.

We all know he's staying.
    What we don't know is how he could have the team playing great stuff yesterday and how he could have them playing the crap we saw against the likes of Watford at home and other similar such dross and still pick the same team for the next match.

I was asked an interesting question early this morning. "Would the fans give Wenger another two years if there were changes on the Board i.e. if money-man Usmanov took charge?" I'd say it would be a close call.

• Advertisement

One swallow .....

I thought we might have got a couple of days. 24 hours even!

I thought we might have got a couple of days. 24 hours even!
    We'll all know by Thursday according to Wenger. Then we can like it or lump it but we'll have to move on and get ready for a BIG transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Arsenal Arsenal. Well done to a brilliant team performance yesterday and lifting the FA cup. Merts was outstanding, as well as the rest of the team. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

omega man wrote: »
    Written by a Spurs fan. You can't help but enjoy this stuff.

"We take the tinkle out of Arsenal failing and stumbling under Wenger, mock royally at their decline and suggest that they're in for a terrible time if they have the temerity to keep him on - but for all that, in the past four years he has won three FA Cups. Even in numerical terms, that's more than Poch, AVB, Harry, Ramos, Jol, Hoddle, Graham, Gross, Francis and Ossie combined. In the past four years. And this is decline, apparently. This is what we're supposed to laugh at them for."

Oh, that did make me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Ouch, my head today. Wasn't expecting us to win at all. Brilliant performance!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement