Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

We will sign sweet all how can people think otherwise even last year the 3 were panic buys honestly just hoping and praying we keep Alexis

Kolasinac? Another ****in no-mark. Quick look and he's a LB/LM.

In fairness he is a full international with world cup and champions league experience. We could sign a young Messi though and i just cant bring myself to be optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That same geezer on twitter was saying a few days back that City and Real had bid 130 million for Mbappe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Cup final glow has definitely worn off in here, jesus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Cup final glow has definitely worn off in here, jesus :rolleyes:

In fairness we have won the FA Cup what? 3 out the last 5 years and still things are the same:pac:...infact its getting worse in the PL...did you miss the fact we didnt qualify for the Champions League this year....no FA Cup is making up for crap league performance.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    In fairness we have won the FA Cup what? 3 out the last 5 years and still things are the same:pac:...infact its getting worse in the PL...did you miss the fact we didnt qualify for the Champions League this year....no FA Cup is making up for crap league performance.

No i actually noticed that, was disappointing. Only an Arsenal fan could find the misery in winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years though.

€100m bids are new for Arsenal though, surely that's a good thing no? Or are they being too ambitious with Mbappe?

In fairness he is a full international with world cup and champions league experience. We could sign a young Messi though and i just cant bring myself to be optimistic
    He'll be 24 starting next season. At the same age Messi had just scored 53 goals in 55 matches. He plays for a poor national team and for Schalke who just finished 10th. Who's he replacing? Gibbs or Monreal?

No i actually noticed that, was disappointing. Only an Arsenal fan could find the misery in winning 3 FA Cups in 4 years though.

?100m bids are new for Arsenal though, surely that's a good thing no? Or are they being too ambitious with Mbappe?

I don't believe the story for a second. We've not really made a profit the last few years, have a high wage bill, not many players to sell and are losing what, 7% of our headline income next season.

€100m bids are new for Arsenal though, surely that's a good thing no? Or are they being too ambitious with Mbappe?

Haha Yeh I laughed reading that only an Arsenal fan could find misery winning 3 of 4 cups...it's true but that's the standards Wenger set.
    I hope 100m bids are new for Arsenal but it's only rumours and I won't be getting excited about Anthony Martial mk2...
    Would love if we signed Mbappe but it's some risk for 100m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

100 million my hole. That's the most unWengerlike thing I've ever heard of. If we didn't go the extra 5 or 10 million for Suarez a few years ago then there's no hope he's blowing the lot on an 18 year old riding on the back of 1 successful season

• Advertisement

He'll be 24 starting next season. At the same age Messi had just scored 53 goals in 55 matches. He plays for a poor national team and for Schalke who just finished 10th. Who's he replacing? Gibbs or Monreal?

Im not comparing him with Messi who is a striker in any case, my point is he is a decent player but our manager is so past it (and i dont care about how he won the cup final) that he would waste a young Messi. i reckon Gibbs is done for. If not he should be.

Drogba was playing in Ligue 2 on his 24th birthday, the fact that Kolasinac hasn't scored 53 goals last season is not too much of a worry.

Gibbs needed to be replaced anyway, he can play CB too, has been likened to Ivanovic, was in the Bundesliga team of the year & is free. I don't see the problem.

Drogba was playing in Ligue 2 on his 24th birthday, the fact that Kolasinac hasn't scored 53 goals last season is not too much of a worry.

Gibbs needed to be replaced anyway, he can play CB too, has been likened to Ivanovic, was in the Bundesliga team of the year & is free. I don't see the problem.
    Yay!

Yay!

That's more like it. Don't wallow in your misery 24/7 man, it'll **** with your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Making bids for these players is all well and good but when every other club in Europe is sniffing around they'll definitely be heading elsewhere if available

L'prof wrote: »
    Making bids for these players is all well and good but when every other club in Europe is sniffing around they'll definitely be heading elsewhere if available

So they shouldn't bother bidding for players big clubs are interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ffs Lacazettes been banded around again this transfer window. I'm fair fücking sick of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ffs Lacazettes been banded around again this transfer window. I'm fair fücking sick of this.

United muscling in on the action.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/870427205305872384

• Advertisement

I get the familiar whiff of Arsene Wengers Arsenal off this transfer window already....tons off big names and big figures bandied about but come the start of the season it'll be the same crap...we tried hard but couldn't get the deals done...we'll end up with the Nigerian lad playing in Belgium and round we go again...nothing will change until Wenger,Kroenke and Gazidis are gone.

Wish I was wrong but I don't think I am.

So they shouldn't bother bidding for players big clubs are interested in?

I'm not saying that but there were reports the other day of Real making a £103m bid and yesterday we hear that Arsenal have made an £87m bid. It just smacks of one of those where they're bidding for the sake of bidding to appease the fans when they know they don't have a prayer!

I'm not saying that but there were reports the other day of Real making a £103m bid and yesterday we hear that Arsenal have made an £87m bid. It just smacks of one of those where they're bidding for the sake of bidding to appease the fans when they know they don't have a prayer!

Best plan of attack is to not read gossip columns and not follow eejits on Twitter. I generally only hear of crazy rumours on this thread, they never appear in my Twitter feed from the reporters I follow.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Best plan of attack is to not read gossip columns and not follow eejits on Twitter. I generally only hear of crazy rumours on this thread, they never appear in my Twitter feed from the reporters I follow.

I take it all with a pinch of salt these days and barely show an interest in gossip but it just sounds so typical of Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ah you sure that wasn't £87,000,001

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Reports this morning that Ozil has agreed a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Well if Mbappe only wants to come to us it doesn't matter what the rest bid - see Cesc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Season Ticket renewal date approaching - check
    Massive Mbappe bid reported - check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Forgive me for taking all these rumours with a pinch of salt, history has taught me to ignore all this nonsense & its the best thing I ever did. The if we do make a semi decent signing its genuinely a pleasant surprise, but for the other 99% of the time its in one ear & out the other.

If its a straight up fight between us & United/Chelsea/City or Real Madrid we've no chance IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads read this slowly ---

Paper never refuses ink.

• Advertisement

Any idea what figure they they holding out for ? possibility of cash plus player ?

All these figures are tabloid numbers but apparently Real have offered €105 and City have offered €130.

L'Equipe claim Arsenal might have a chance because Mbappe wants to go somewhere where he'll be first choice.

They also say Arsenal are looking for Thomas Lemar from Monaco, and have made an enquiry about Lacazette.

Signing M'bappe would make me think that Sanchez is out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Equally could it not be a statement of intent to Sanchez that these are the level of player we will be going in for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I fully agree. That's why this window is going to be bitter/sweet. The excitement of the signing of someone like Mbappe will be offset by the loss of Sanchez.

I'd imagine so, especially if the Thomas Lemar story is true.

wawaman wrote: »
    Equally could it not be a statement of intent to Sanchez that these are the level of player we will be going in for

I'd hope so, but would be pretty shocked.

All these figures are tabloid numbers but apparently Real have offered €105 and City have offered €130.

L'Equipe claim Arsenal might have a chance because Mbappe wants to go somewhere where he'll be first choice.

They also say Arsenal are looking for Thomas Lemar from Monaco, and have made an enquiry about Lacazette.

Is he really worth that sort of money ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is there anyone here who is actually even partially believing we are breaking the world transfer record this summer?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is there anyone here who is actually even partially believing we are breaking the world transfer record this summer?

No, but I'm definitely in the Fox Mulder camp :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Money doesn't bother me whatsoever if we're going for this talent level. He's a genuine star in the making. Much rather spend every penny in the clubs bank account then leave it there for Kroenke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Quazzie wrote: »

Not even 1% of me believes that.

And I'm an optimist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would Cavani's age make Arsenal less likely to buy him? I could imagine him looking for a move from PSG given their recent signing upfront.

Funny club to look at the headlines for old Arsenal:

1) Everything Tony Adams is quoted as saying at the moment for example "Arsenal could finish mid-table next season" etc

meanwhile

2) Champions League absence won't affect Arsenal summer transfer plans, insists David Seaman after ?87m bid on Centre forward is rejected.

Looks an extremely good prospect but spending that kinda cash is always going to be huge gamble. But every top team in the league is looking for a striker so it's gonna be stupid money whoever the target is.

But this sort of up and coming star who can then move on to Real/Barca at 24/25 is probably the best bet of bringing in some proper quality, can't see many established 27/28 year old stars with their minds set on Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Sanchez is either off to Bayern or will go on a free next year I'm hoping for the latter, Ozil will stay and renew I think. Mbappe won't be coming to us that's just Wenger and the boards way of getting fans to renew season tickets and pretend to show ambition so when things turn pear shape he will hit back and say he tried to sign such and such but coudnt I'd say if Monaco accepted Arsene would pull out of the deal :P it's all just a cover up and pretending to be willing to spend big same as Suarez a few year back and Vardy,Higuain where are them boys now? Lacazette is more realistic for us but can see us missing out on him too. As for crazy money and is he worth it comments in this market nobody is but that's the way things are gone I coudnt care if we bought him for 150 million it's not like it's coming out of my pocket Kronke has got away with giving us pittens for years and taking a big share himself in profits. If we sign Mbappe I'd get my full back tattooed of a Wenger portrait. Could do with Kronke paying for that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

if the choice was selling Sanchez for a decent fee to Bayern Munich this Summer or him leaving on a free to Chelsea, City or United next Summer I'd buy him a plane ticket to Munich myself (not first class though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

greendom wrote: »
    if the choice was selling Sanchez for a decent fee to Bayern Munich this Summer or him leaving on a free to Chelsea, City or United next Summer I'd buy him a plane ticket to Munich myself (not first class though!)

What about 50m this summer to city or nothing to city next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

POKERKING wrote: »

I wouldn't want to see him playing for another English Club so if that was the choice I'd rather he at least stay at Arsenal for one more season

POKERKING wrote: »

Sanchez doesn't want to live in the north West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I love Ozil and think he's a gifted player but I'm conflicted about him. I have an issue with his demeanour. I realise that that's just how he is but I can't help but feel that it doesn't help the team. Body language says a lot about a person. The time Mertesacker gave him a bollocking for not going over to the fans said a lot. I don't think he'd get away with it in any of our teams from 98-05. He doesn't produce on a regular basis. I'd prefer Sanchez to stay if I had to choose but obviously I'd like both to stay. I don't like Sanchez's recent demeanour either, yeah he likes to win but don't purposely try and make a team mate look like a cu*t by screaming at them when the option of passing to you clearly wasn't the best option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement