Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2 goals for Giroud already against Paraguay

If he does have to leave he's doing a good job in increasing his price tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

If we're to make the 2 big signings in addition to that LB we need than we're going to need to ship at least 4 players out.

Sanogo
    Jenko
    Gibbs
    Ospina/Schz
    Mert
    Jack
    Welbeck/Perez
    Ramsey

They're the seven or so I'd ship out in order of least importance to the team (Welbeck/Perez being there contingent on a new striker)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

domrush wrote: »
    If we're to make the 2 big signings in addition to that LB we need than we're going to need to ship at least 4 players out.

Sanogo
    Jenko
    Gibbs
    Ospina/Schz
    Mert
    Jack
    Welbeck/Perez
    Ramsey

They're the seven or so I'd ship out in order of least importance to the team (Welbeck/Perez being there contingent on a new striker)

Gibbs
    Perez
    Ospina
    Jenkinson
    Debuchy
    Campbell

Possibly Giroud.

Make that a hat-trick. Fair play Olly G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

One positive from this past season is that Ian Wright is my favourite person in the world again.

He's on the Arsecast this week again, did a brilliant interview on it a few weeks back.

Nice in this climate of former players losing their halos (for want of a more honest phrase) to hear one who just loves the club and talks about it passionately without resorting to bitching.

Edit: "If you haven't got hope, what the f*ck have you got?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

greendom wrote:
    if the choice was selling Sanchez for a decent fee to Bayern Munich this Summer or him leaving on a free to Chelsea, City or United next Summer I'd buy him a plane ticket to Munich myself (not first class though!)

What about a swap with Bayern for Douglas Costa? Considering Sanchez's contact situation I'd take that if we can't convince him to sign a new deal.
    Whether or not Costa would be willing to join us is another question though 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Basil3 wrote: »
    POKERKING wrote: »
    What about 50m this summer to city or nothing to city next year?

Sanchez doesn't want to live in the north West

So you dont think theres any truth in the rumours linking him with city and wanting to hook up with pep again?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Pretty sure 300k plus a week and In a team that is going to win silverware and under a coach who wants to win more than anything he will manage to settle in the north west the poor auld dival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This perfectly captures the next few weeks :pac::pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/870928107938746368

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

A second bid gone in for Mbappe that is if there was a first in the first place can only take it with a grain of salt.

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    This perfectly captures the next few weeks :pac::pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/870928107938746368

The scourge of gambling in football culture is a massive problem.

The scourge of gambling ads - especially the sh*tty, sh*tty bantz style ones - is even worse.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

The scourge of gambling ads - especially the sh*tty, sh*tty bantz style ones - is even worse.

Even worse then transfer bullsh1tters. Pre match is now tarnished by Ray Winstone telling us to 'get on it'.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Just a bit of humour man, lighten up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's just a bit of craic, but from an advertising point of view there's a pretty obvious reason why all the gambling companies ads are just a bit of craic...

I'm all for a bit of humour. In almost all circumstances.

Just not when it's anything to do with those f*ckin eejits.

I know we're all against Rumours but I don't like the sound of Turan and cash for Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    I know we're all against Rumours but I don't like the sound of Turan and cash for Bellerin

Don't think Arsenal will be selling any of our first 11 this summer, couple of fringe players will go out, arda turan doesn't make sense, especially at the prices being quoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Szczesny being sold to Juventus? Seems a bit mad to me, if Juve think he's good enough to take over from Buffon then surely he'd be worth putting back into the squad and fighting it out with Cech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Szczesny being sold to Juventus? Seems a bit mad to me, if Juve think he's good enough to take over from Buffon then surely he'd be worth putting back into the squad and fighting it out with Cech?

I haven't kept an eye on him at Roma really but didn't think he was good enough while he was at the club

L'prof wrote: »
    I haven't kept an eye on him at Roma really but didn't think he was good enough while he was at the club

Gunnerblog talked about him recently. Sounds like he's improved a fair bit. A lot of clean sheets, and approx 2.5 saves for every goal, as opposed to only 1.5 when he was with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Basil3 wrote: »
    Gunnerblog talked about him recently. Sounds like he's improved a fair bit. A lot of clean sheets, and approx 2.5 saves for every goal, as opposed to only 1.5 when he was with us.

I might have a look at that. Always love a few stats. I'd rather not have to learn how to spell his name again though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Szcz should be coming back to us to try oust Cech. Otherwise WTF was the point in sending him out on loan? Get rid of Ospina, get Szcz back and then phase Cech out over the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

https://bergkampesque.com/2017/06/05/this-arsenal-defender-could-become-one-of-the-greatest-the-club-has-ever-seen/

Really hope this lad turns into one of our greats....the pic at the end is brilliant:D

Quazzie wrote: »
    Szcz should be coming back to us to try oust Cech. Otherwise WTF was the point in sending him out on loan? Get rid of Ospina, get Szcz back and then phase Cech out over the year.

Szcz is prone to lapses in concentration. I dont think he is good enough. That said, Juve are said to be in for him and theyve been spoiled by years of Buffons brilliance.

Ches had 14 clean sheets last season with Roma, the most in the league. If Juve see him as being good enough to replace Buffon then he's definitely good enough for us in the long term. Im a big fan of Cech but do think he has been iffy at times

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ches had 14 clean sheets last season with Roma, the most in the league. If Juve see him as being good enough to replace Buffon then he's definitely good enough for us in the long term. Im a big fan of Cech but do think he has been iffy at times

To be honest, I think Cech and Ospina have gotten worse at Arsenal, and Scez has gotten better since he left, so I think there's something wrong with the goalkeeper coaching at Arsenal. We could buy the best keeper in the world and he'd be average after two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

CatInABox wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Cech and Ospina have gotten worse at Arsenal, and Scez has gotten better since he left, so I think there's something wrong with the goalkeeper coaching at Arsenal. We could buy the best keeper in the world and he'd be average after two seasons.

I think Cech is just getting older, Ospina is lacking a bit of confidence from not playing regularly.

Scez is maturing as a keeper but that was always likely with age. It also helps that every mistake he makes isnt amplified in the papers on Monday morning. His decision making seems to have improved a lot as well during his time in Roma.

To me it makes no sense to sell him now as in a year or two ye will need a replacement for Cech and a keeper of Scez ability will be at least 30 million

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

you tube (I know, I know) indicates him to be strong at the back with a bit of bite and powerful going forward (5 assists and 3 goals last season)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Happy with that!

Dying to know how we're going to set up next year.

Dying to know how we're going to set up next year.
    Well we have three left backs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hope this means Monreal is moving in to centre half

Well we have three left backs now.

Gibbs to leave ?

Gibbs to Newcastle for approx £15m has been the rumour for some time now.

• Advertisement

Cech
    Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Ox Xhaka Ramsey Kols
    Ozil Alexis
    Someone new??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Cech
    Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Ox Xhaka Ramsey Kols
    Ozil Alexis
    Someone new??

Would prefer:

Cech
    Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Someone new Xhaka Ramsey Kols
    Ozil Alexis
    Someone new

Even at that, are we sure we want Cech as our first choice for next year?

farna_boy wrote: »
    Would prefer:

Cech
    Mustafi Kos Monreal
    Someone new Xhaka Ramsey Kols
    Ozil Alexis
    Someone new

Even at that, are we sure we want Cech as our first choice for next year?

I think like a lot of our players he showed a marked improvement once we switched to three at the back, I would prefer to have Schz back though. I'd prefer an improvement at CM for Ramsey over a new RWB too, think Ox and Bellerin are more than enough talent for that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Since Per is going into a coaching role at the club and won't be playing next season I feel we need a new CB too. Kos is getting to the stage where he won't play a full season anymore too.
    Van Dyke would be a great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Everyone benching Bellerin or think he will be off??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Since Per is going into a coaching role at the club and won't be playing next season I feel we need a new CB too. Kos is getting to the stage where he won't play a full season anymore too.

Per is retiring after NEXT season so he is still around

I think he's even older than Per

1439512356910.jpg

Is that your picture Greendom?

Is that your picture Greendom?

Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious!

greendom wrote: »
    Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious!

I got it first time Greendom. Was just seeing if there was one Dick or two :pac:

Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

that rumour will always be there. he came from barca.

he is signed until 2023 or something ridiculous, and is young, so if he goes we should get crazy money for a RB.

did he not sign a really long term deal last season? It would take silly money to prise him away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

DOn't think he's anywhere near good enough for Barca at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

DOn't think he's anywhere near good enough for Barca at the moment.

I agree but hes better than what they currently have

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement