Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not only will we lose Sanchez but I hope we are not ****in stupid enough to sell to Man City or a club in the PL....but nothing would surprise me. I think the lack of CL football was the nail in the coffin for Sanchez and could very well be a huge ask to get high quality players in without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonder if we could entice Alexis to a 2 or 3 year deal with an exit clause for next Summer? Liverpool managed it with Suarez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/13/arsenal-must-learn-past-mistakes-call-alexis-sanchezs-bluff/

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Sanchez is gone this summer its only a matter of time, no catlyst of change or mbappe all false image the board are putting out to sell season tickets we will miss out on top 4 again next year too hate being negative but it is what it is and we're deluded to think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

The biggest worry for me is that a decision isn't made soon.

Last thing we need is for Sanchez to string this along all summer and then decide to leave in August and we haven't signed a replacement because we were banking on him staying.

Are any of us surprised? It'll be back to service as usual. We put in a 100million euro mid for Mbappe, which was apparently less than what Madrid were offering at the time (depending what newspaper you read), if this was the case they knew it wasn't going to happen so it was an empty gesture. I'd love to be proven wrong but odds on we lose Alexis and buy sweet fa during the summer. There'll be people who say oh no that could never happen, the fans will go mad etc. Well that happened last season and Wenger just signed a two year contract so the f*cks given by the people in charge seem to be slim to nil.

Spend the whole summer missing watching Arsenal and the premiership only to begin the cycle of being frustrated as hell watching us start the season poorly or go to ****e in January. Rinse repeat. As I say love proven wrong but highly doubt it.

Apparently we bid less, but offered twice as much up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

farna_boy wrote: »
    The biggest worry for me is that a decision isn't made soon.

Last thing we need is for Sanchez to string this along all summer and then decide to leave in August and we haven't signed a replacement because we were banking on him staying.

Unfortunately there is a good chance of that happening. I think Sanchez is playing in the confederations cup this summer. So can't see his future being resolved until after that. He's as good as gone anyway unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Wonder if we could entice Alexis to a 2 or 3 year deal with an exit clause for next Summer? Liverpool managed it with Suarez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/13/arsenal-must-learn-past-mistakes-call-alexis-sanchezs-bluff/

Nah. I think he saw the light. Nothing big to be won with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Id say he's most likely gone, in which case they had better sign a replacement before its confirmed he's leaving. Otherwise, the board will have to fork out extra €€€ when other clubs know we are desperate

Basil3 wrote: »
    Apparently we bid less, but offered twice as much up front.

Was it even confirmed that we bid?

Mbappe is so reminiscent of Henry. Great to watch.

• Advertisement

Mbappe is so reminiscent of Henry. Great to watch.
    If he's that good then we should go out and get him regardless of cost.
    Giroud might be able to seal the deal too with a word in his ear but he's probably after CL football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Leicester (h)
    Stoke (a)
    Liverpool (a)

first 3 games of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

wawaman wrote: »
    Leicester (h)
    Stoke (a)
    Liverpool (a)

first 3 games of the season
    Wenger gone by the 4th game?

Piss easy run-in. So no matter how bad things are we'll have that to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Piss easy run-in. So no matter how bad things are we'll have that to look forward to.

The late surge for 4th :(:(:(

Quazzie wrote: »
    Wenger gone by the 4th game?
    He won't be going anywhere regardless sadly but at least in another 2 years we can still be giving out about him when he extends his contract yet again after winning another fa cup woohoo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Would it be nigh on impossible to get tickets to Arsenal vs Utd at home in the first week of December lads?

domrush wrote: »
    Would it be nigh on impossible to get tickets to Arsenal vs Utd at home in the first week of December lads?

If you're not in it you can't win it so to speak. You have as good a chance as anyone with a red membership. Get on early the day the tickets go on sale and you've an alright chance.
    There's also various ticket resellers that I won't mention that can get you tickets but you'll always pay a premium, especially a game as high profile this.
    If I were you I'd take my chances with going through official channels

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40283286
    An Argentine football player has caused outrage after admitting that he used a needle to hurt his rivals during a cup match on Sunday.

NEEDLEss to say we could do with a few pricks like him in the Arsenal team

• Advertisement

Tbf cant see Monaco turning down cash + Giroud for Mbappe deal of the window :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Given that Giroud starts ahead of him in the French team, can someone tell me why Lacazette is being touted as our saving grace?

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo wants to the leave the club, a source close to the player tells the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40302296?ns_campaign=sport_app_alert

Would we take him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Agree Quazzie, but OG is more productive with France because they play a system that suits him best, early crosses and long balls that he holds up, in other words, his strengths! Lacazette would suit our style of play more, but the solution is right under Wenger nose... Play more like France! But hey-ho, our dinosaur wouldn't change systems or tactics.... Hang on, 3 at the back? Here's his excuse to not buy a significant upgrade on OG.

Also, I see Ronaldo wants out of Madrid. I'd say that's because he knows he's about to become 2nd fiddle to a new boy (Mbappe maybe). I'd say he'd only go to ManU, but I'd take him at the drop of a hat, despite not liking his personality very much at all. (Edit: Sorry Basil, didn't see your post)

wonder what Giroud and Lacazette as a partnership would be like. In theory it sounds promising but have they ever played together with France?

wonder what Giroud and Lacazette as a partnership would be like. In theory it sounds promising but have they ever played together with France?

I have no idea to be honest but I can't imagine Wenger playing two up front.

I think playing Giroud as part of a front two would be a great idea, but given he never tried it with possibly the best two candidates who could have benefited most from it i.e. Sanchez and Poldi, I don't think he will ever do it

farna_boy wrote: »
    I have no idea to be honest but I can't imagine Wenger playing two up front.

I think playing Giroud as part of a front two would be a great idea, but given he never tried it with possibly the best two candidates who could have benefited most from it i.e. Sanchez and Poldi, I don't think he will ever do it

He played 3 at the back this year so anything is possible. I agree it is unlikely. He would probably get pushed out to the wing if he was playing with Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Have we replaced RVP yet? No? Shocking.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Have we replaced RVP yet? No? Shocking.

RVP 132 goals over 8 season 16.5 goals per season
    Olly 98 over 5 seasons 19.8 goals per season

• Advertisement

He played 3 at the back this year so anything is possible. I agree it is unlikely. He would probably get pushed out to the wing if he was playing with Giroud.

It would be utterly sickening to see a goal machine such as Ronaldo out on the wing but thats the crazy world of AW. The transfer wont happen as we would never go for it but he would be some unbelievable asset to any team. Id imagine he'd only go back to United if he returned to England though

And even at 32 he would be costing silly money on the transfer and wages.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

RVP 132 goals over 8 season 16.5 goals per season
    Olly 98 over 5 seasons 19.8 goals per season

RVP 132 goals in 277 apps, goal every 2.1 apps
    OG 98 goals in 226 apps, goal every 2.3 apps

Injuries ruined RVP at Arsenal :(

Ah this time of year again when Arsenal fans have wish lists and discuss things that will never happen. When whispers, rumours and "those in the know" make us all sit up and wonder "will it actually happen? Will we really sign this player?" When the Sports pages will be full of absolute s*** and reporters are given free reign to make up all sorts of stories linking players to clubs for record fees.
    I love it. It's great gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah this time of year again when Arsenal fans have wish lists and discuss things that will never happen. When whispers, rumours and "those in the know" make us all sit up and wonder "will it actually happen? Will we really sign this player?" When the Sports pages will be full of absolute s*** and reporters are given free reign to make up all sorts of stories linking players to clubs for record fees.
    I love it. It's great gas.

Honestly, man, I just want a match.

Feels like I haven't watched Arsenal in aaaaages.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And even at 32 he would be costing silly money on the transfer and wages.....

Guaranteed to score 30/40+ goals though if given the ball. Can come across as a petulant child but well liked wherever he went all the same

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Honestly, man, I just want a match.

Feels like I haven't watched Arsenal in aaaaages.
    When is the Emirates Cup?

When is the Emirates Cup?

Can't be far off. 7 weeks until the community shield or whatever they call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Almost 4 weeks until they play Sydney FC and Emirates cup starts in 6 weeks

For those of you that want to add the official calendar to your phones, the club have upgraded the service so that this will do for all future seasons: https://ql.ecal.com/swpv/5719854174553e340b53041f

I didn't really enjoy much of Arsenal last season but I'm hanging to watch a game.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't be far off. 7 weeks until the community shield or whatever they call it.

Charity Shield. It's called the Charity Shield.

• Advertisement

Thats exactly what we are at the minute a CHARITY case.....lol.

L'Quipe (sp?) reporting tonight that Giroud insists he wants more game time either with Arsenal or elsewhere and that the club have told him he can leave if an acceptable offer comes in. Sad to see him go, he's a great plan B. It must also mean that Wenger has a new striker sewn up!

Or most likely that it's just media sh1t talk!

I would put money on it at this stage its Lacazette on his way to Arsenal. He is deffo being shipped out after the deal was done and then fell through to Ath Madrid, so my dosh would be on him.

No way on earth we are getting Mbappe as he wants a RM move and apparently Madrid are willing to buy and let him stay with Monaco for another season.

emmetlego wrote: »
    L'Quipe (sp?) reporting tonight that Giroud insists he wants more game time either with Arsenal or elsewhere and that the club have told him he can leave if an acceptable offer comes in. Sad to see him go, he's a great plan B. It must also mean that Wenger has a new striker sewn up!

Or most likely that it's just media sh1t talk!

Yeah cause we have never seen a striker leave with no alternative...

Was thinking overall, what is the most important thing:

1. Style
    2. Winning

Well winning obviously! But a certain style is a must IMO

Apparently Arsenal have a new performance director, Darren Burgess an Aussie. Apparently he has invented a method of detecting hamstring strains. Could come in useful

Shame he cant get rid or PURSE STRINGS aswell.....

Aw love it. Just turned on ths silly Confederations Cup as Alexis comes on for Chile.

Jesus, I can't wait for the World Cup.

Apparently Arsenal have a new performance director, Darren Burgess an Aussie. Apparently he has invented a method of detecting hamstring strains. Could come in useful

Is Chad Forsyth gone?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement