Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Where'd you see them say we won't sell to City?
    A few of the usually reliable chaps on twitter.

Aaaaahhh Bless them poor innocent divils :)

tottenham-hotspur-17-18-home-kit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It's looking like Lacazette will be signed in the next couple of days. Being reported in a few papers that it's effectively a done deal. He should suit our style of play more than Giroud and is a clear upgrade on Welbeck. Happy with that signing as we were never going to get Mbappe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Aaaaahhh Bless them poor innocent divils :)

Really nice kit. Better than the rubbish Puma give us every year.

Really nice kit.

Wash your mouth out!!!

If they think signing Lacazette will quell fan anger at flogging Sanchez to City they're in for a rude awakening i think.

I think they know there will be backlash. It would also be an extremely bad situation to bring Lacazette into. Imagine joining a club that lose their best player and the fans are going mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah Ornstein is very reliable when it comes to Arsenal. I think the second tweet basically confirms that Sanchez won't be made to run down his contract. He either signs a new deal or is sold. What a depressing thought of Sanchez in a Man City jersey.

He also just teeeted that there have been no offers for him too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If they think signing Lacazette will quell fan anger at flogging Sanchez to City they're in for a rude awakening i think.

I'd agree. We wouldn't be making the headway required by buying one player and selling a possibly more important one. The fans won't be fooled and maybe that's why Gazidis came out with the "back the manager" statement.

The problem is how do we hang on to Sanchez if he really does want to go?
    I still haven't read that he does want to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

An "acceptable fee" is very different if it comes from Bayern or City.

emmetlego wrote: »
    He also just teeeted that there have been no offers for him too!

I thought so.
    Paper talk is just rubbish without direct quotes.

I just see a quote that he says " i have made up my mind".
    Now if he has said the above and also that there have been no offers for him then my guess is that he's definitely staying. He can't go to another team that has made no offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Very little talk of a central midfield signing.

A Cazorla replacement is a priority imo, Xhaka & Ramsey were decent in the 3-4-3 at the tail end of the season but are not really a proven pairing.

And an injury to either and you're left again trying to plug gaping holes with staffers like Coq and Elneny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

This reminds me so much of the year we signed Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla and we were all delighted in here , Talks of a title challenge etc

Then a week into the season we sold Nasri and RVP to two of our main rivals

This reminds me so much of the year we signed Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla and we were all delighted in here , Talks of a title challenge etc

Song and Van Persie. Nasri left in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gazidis comment about backing the manager, Sanchez saying he knows what he want before he signs a deal which would just weaken his bargaining hand, Lacza deal moving to completion and not that tweet, the fans are being buttered up for a we did everything we did but he's been sold ****e.

Top clubs don't put themselves in this position time and time again, useless shower of ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm still holding out hope for a Sol Campbell moment where we unveil Lacazette and Sanchez walks out aswell new contract in tow

Hopefully as we're in a far better financial position we don't need to, that we won't sell him. I'd rather keep him and let him go on a free next year than sell him to city now.

I'm still holding out hope for a Sol Campbell moment where we unveil Lacazette and Sanchez walks out aswell new contract in tow
    Me too ....... and maybe another signing or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Are any of the people we are being linked with a suitable replacement for Ozil?

If not, could that be taken as a sign that he is staying?

farna_boy wrote: »

read somewhere that Ozil has renewed his lease on his Box in the Emirates for another season. Must be staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I'd say there's minimal risk of him leaving, he loves the club, no club would pay us enough for him and no club would pay his wage demands either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3915600/mesut-ozil-extends-executive-box-at-arsenal-in-clear-indication-he-will-sign-new-deal-at-the-emirates/

He's just renewed his VIP Box at the stadium.

Doesn't mean he's singing a new contract though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, a box at the Emirates is chump change to a player on Ozils wages. Perhaps he just forgot to untick the renew box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mbappe has removed the fact that he is a Monaco player from his twitter account!

Really nice kit. Better than the rubbish Puma give us every year.

I disagree. The Nike stuff is so bland and generic these times. Its not a bad shirt but its such a repeated design

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    Mbappe has removed the fact that he is a Monaco player from his twitter account!

And also put up a picture of him with the word priceless behind him, he jumped 10 levels of gobsh.ite in my eyes

No it doesn't BUT i'd be more worried if he rented one at OT or Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I disagree. The Nike stuff is so bland and generic these times. Its not a bad shirt but its such a repeated design
    Nike is bloody horrible. We've had some real dog's dinners of kits off them. Though the new ones aren't too bad, considering it's Nike!

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    And also put up a picture of him with the word priceless behind him, he jumped 10 levels of gobsh.ite in my eyes

Plonker. He is 18 I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    Plonker. He is 18 I suppose

No excuse, but I'll forgive him when he bangs in 30+ FOR us next year :)

Mbappe £125 million bid??? Where is Arsene and what have you done with him!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't give a toss about rumoured bids, all I care about are confirmed signings. If Mbappe were to sign then I would stand in awe and wonder what strange new direction the club has been driven towards. Until then I remain very synical of said bids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can't see Arsene dropping 125m on an 18 year old.

Can't see Arsene dropping 125m on an 18 year old.

10 years with us only 12.5 million a year. Will get a good price for him if sold on in 3 or 4 years. It is a bit of a gamble but Arsene wants to preserve his legacy with the club and he's getting a touch desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Cant see it either but the only thing is that if it were to happen, he's still only a young lad, if he doesnt fall off the rails altogether then he'd fetch a similar price in a few years. Especially the way transfer fees are going. If only we had been this proactive last summer and gone out and got Lacazette then

FixitFelix wrote: »

Breaking news: Multimillionaire footballer in having huge ego shock :pac:

Sure Zlatan was probably worse long before he became a professional footballer and Ronaldo.

Mbappe £125 million bid??? Where is Arsene and what have you done with him!?!

Insert 'Arsene flogging money at stripper' image here
    :D

Counselling ... that's what yis need if you believe we made a 125 million bid for an 18 year old. Counselling I tell yis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Lacazette is the only thing I believe and even at that il remain sceptical until I see him in an Arsenal jersey. Mbappe will not ever be an Arsenal player some people are so guilable. I think Ozil and Ox will both sign new deals Ozil will give into wage demands as he's not as sought after as Sanchez and probably knows he'd end up in Galatasray or somewhere like that next year otherwise with a wage cut, Sanchez just needs to be given the money he deserves he's hands down our best player so deserves to be paid top dollar pay the man the money and he will stay he's happy in London and is all about money if you ask me 300k a week or whatever he's looking for will fairly change his mind just pay the man we can afford it especially if we get rid of lads stealing a living like Walcott and Wilshire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Lacazette is the only thing I believe and even at that il remain sceptical until I see him in an Arsenal jersey. Mbappe will not ever be an Arsenal player some people are so guilable. I think Ozil and Ox will both sign new deals Ozil will give into wage demands as he's not as sought after as Sanchez and probably knows he'd end up in Galatasray or somewhere like that next year otherwise with a wage cut, Sanchez just needs to be given the money he deserves he's hands down our best player so deserves to be paid top dollar pay the man the money and he will stay he's happy in London and is all about money if you ask me 300k a week or whatever he's looking for will fairly change his mind just pay the man we can afford it especially if we get rid of lads stealing a living like Walcott and Wilshire

Reports from David Ornstein saying that Lacazette is due to have a medical.

Also reported no formal offer from any clubs for Sanchez. They've offered him 250k a week, and are hoping he'll sign. As it stands Wenger is preparing for next year with him in his team.

time will tell..

If reports are also to be believed, Lemar is not being sold, so we're targeting Mahrez instead. A bit meh about Mahrez, especially how he behaved last year. If he could rediscover his brilliance from the year before, he'd be a brilliant signing. Him and Lacazette? That would be the end of Theo and Lucas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

And now begins the countdown to Sanchez transfer request

If reports are also to be believed, Lemar is not being sold, so we're targeting Mahrez instead. A bit meh about Mahrez, especially how he behaved last year. If he could rediscover his brilliance from the year before, he'd be a brilliant signing. Him and Lacazette? That would be the end of Theo and Lucas

It will probably be the end of Sanchez and Giroud more like :pac:

It will probably be the end of Sanchez and Giroud more like :pac:

They will only be good signings if we can hang onto Sanchez. I'd love to keep OG too, he's a brilliant plan B to have, but can't see him wanting to hang around if he's on the bench a lot. Theo can f*** off as far as I'm concerned, Lucas I kind of feel sorry for, he was just never given a chance at all!

They will only be good signings if we can hang onto Sanchez. I'd love to keep OG too, he's a brilliant plan B to have, but can't see him wanting to hang around if he's on the bench a lot. Theo can f*** off as far as I'm concerned, Lucas I kind of feel sorry for, he was just never given a chance at all!

Don't understand the attitude towards Theo. I thought he worked hard last year, but was only really a bit-part player. He averaged a goal every two full matches, which is a reasonable return for a fringe player.

If we bring someone in who is better than him and we get rid of him, then best of luck. I don't have any ill feeling towards him, even if he jumped out of a tackle that time.

Theo has been at the club since he was a 16 year old in 2006 and he has never really developed into a top class player given Wengers belief in him. Showed signs of promise sure, has bags of pace, but far too much loyalty shown towards him. Young players are a gamble to be fail but dont bloody keep him 11 and a half years. In Wengers defence though, this home grown quota system ensures a certain amount of mediocrity had to remain at a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Theo has been at the club since he was a 16 year old in 2006 and he has never really developed into a top class player given Wengers belief in him. Showed signs of promise sure, has bags of pace, but far too much loyalty shown towards him. Young players are a gamble to be fail but dont bloody keep him 11 and a half years. In Wengers defence though, this home grown quota system ensures a certain amount of mediocrity had to remain at a club.

Don't even think the pace is relevant any more, when do you seem him burst by anyone?

He's a good goalscorer, but that's about it. Doesn't do nearly enough in general play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Don't even think the pace is relevant any more, when do you seem him burst by anyone?

He's a good goalscorer, but that's about it. Doesn't do nearly enough in general play.

Or far worse, burst past someone, and then take the predictable bad choice.

Honestly, I'm struggling to get interested in even the latest rumours about players and record signings. It all seems like window dressing to set up a mediocre next season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement