Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No Bellerin in that squad??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No Bellerin in that squad??

He was playing in the U21 summers tournie so is rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I would take the fact that Arsenal made a deal on instagram about it being 2 years since Sanchez signed as a good thing. At this stage surely they would know whether he was staying or going and I'm gonna grab that small sign and run with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

BrianJD wrote: »
    I would take the fact that Arsenal made a deal on instagram about it being 2 years since Sanchez signed as a good thing. At this stage surely they would know whether he was staying or going and I'm gonna grab that small sign and run with it.

I'm not on social media, you got a link or screen grab to what was said

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm not on social media, you got a link or screen grab to what was said

They're just going on about 2 years since he signed and all his best goals etc. People are taking this as a sign he's staying.

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/884301604329062400

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/884325152217018368

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/884354412239626240

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Meh, I'd say the PR dept have no clue what he's doing. Currently he's on a beach somewhere as per his instagram!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So lads is there anywhere we can watch these austrailia tour games ? I'm gasping for some football even if it is meaningless friendlies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

So lads is there anywhere we can watch these austrailia tour games ? I'm gasping for some football even if it is meaningless friendlies

I'm gonna ask my iptv provider will he be showing them, is there a list of times??

Did a search on my sky+ app. Both Sydney matches live on there.

Can anyone point me in the direction of these games please if/when they're available! Thanks so much all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sky are showing them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

emmetlego wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction of these games please if/when they're available! Thanks so much all!

Eir sport 2 on Thursday 10:55am

http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp?channelid=0&programme=Sport&pn=4&programme_day=13+July+2017

Eir sport 2 again on Saturday 9:55am

http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp?channelid=0&programme=Sport&programme_day=15+July+2017&programme_time=time5&submit=Search&pn=4

Excellent, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lacazetteto wear the number 9 jersey and Perez to get the number 28 jersey. I suspect the 28 jersey will free up again shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So will Bellerin's and Sanzhez's......lol

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Do you think Bellerin is going somewhere or are you basing this solely on the information that he isn't in Sydney?

Bellerin and Sanchez were never going to Sydney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Surprised no one has taken the number 22 which is available and usually popular... Wonder if they're saving it for someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What away matches would people be looking to go to this season?

I was thinking about trying to get tickets for the Brighton game in March, is it tough to get tickets for away games; I guess it depends on the opposition too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Bellerin is going nowhere. He's on a long term contract. Imagine how much he would cost in the current market. Barcelona simply can't afford him, unless they effectively blow a massive chunk of their budget on a right back, which I can't see them doing.

• Advertisement

Chances of keeping Ox aren't good, if this is true

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/884740163821346816

I dunno how I feel about it, he's a talented player who can be very frustrating. Doesn't contribute enough goals considering where he normally plays.

Basil3 wrote: »

I dunno how I feel about it, he's a talented player who can be very frustrating. Doesn't contribute enough goals considering where he normally plays.
    He's scored 9 goals for us. That's not 9 last year, it's 9 since he joined. A terrible return considering he was mainly playing in the final third. He won't be missed, and won't get the same loyalty from the manager anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Quazzie wrote: »
    He's scored 9 goals for us. That's not 9 last year, it's 9 since he joined. A terrible return considering he was mainly playing in the final third. He won't be missed, and won't get the same loyalty from the manager anywhere else.

I like the Ox but if we get £30 million for him, we should offload ASAP. Wants to play CM but lacks the football intelligence to do so.

Yeah I like the Ox too, but if he won't sign a new deal than he has to be sold. We can't have all these players running their contracts down and going on a free. The only exceptions I'd make are Sanchez and at a push Ozil.

I fear now that the Ox will push on as a player as soon as we lose him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Yeah I like the Ox too, but if he won't sign a new deal than he has to be sold. We can't have all these players running their contracts down and going on a free. The only exceptions I'd make are Sanchez and at a push Ozil.

He won't, if he leaves I'd say he'll have a good couple of months that comes with the boost you get at a new club, then he'll revert back to the average player he is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Basil3 wrote: »

Bear in mind this guy said we had agreed a deal for that belgian striker that joined Everton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yes I think that the move to wing back will be the making of him. Injury and competition for places have made it tough for him to get a regular place in the side and that's probably what he really needs to move on to the next level.

Arsene confirms he is to start the season with a back 3. Well if it ain't broke...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/arsenal-will-start-next-season-three-man-defence-confirms-arsene/

greendom wrote: »
    Arsene confirms he is to start the season with a back 3. Well if it ain't broke...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/arsenal-will-start-next-season-three-man-defence-confirms-arsene/

Where does Lemar play in this formation assuming Sanchez stays? Squad player?

Where does Lemar play in this formation assuming Sanchez stays? Squad player?

he is quite capable of playing central in the Ramsey/Wilshere position.

he is quite capable of playing central in the Ramsey/Wilshere position.

So backup to Ramsey? £45 million would be a lot for a bench player.

• Advertisement

I imagine there will be a lot of competition for places and the Europa league is going to make it a very busy one too. In terms of who is first choice,it will be up to the players themselves to prove it.

I do think we need need another body that can play in central midfield. As we can't rely on Ramsey's fitness holding up a whole season. If he goes down we are left with Coquelin or El Neny playing there, which won't be good enough imo. I'm not counting Wilshere as I don't think he has a future at the club and I think he knows that too, with the lack of anything Arsenal related on his twitter account.

We need another creative midfielder just as bad as we needed a striker. The only real creative players we have are Ozil and Santi and I think it fair to say Santi is in a bad way and Ozil is not consistent enough to be the main play maker. Ramsey is a good player but is no "Zidane" (except maybe in his own head) we are seriously lacking in the creative department.

Would be very hard to fill the Corzola role without breaking the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

Think people are forgetting when El Neney joined he was getting regular games and was outstanding. Our player of the month a few times I think. Now I'm not sure did arsene just prefer coq when he recovered or did he's form dip but I still like him
    I don't think there is much of a difference between him and xhaka either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I half expected him to switch back to the old system. Such a relief.

Lacazette wins 4-2* and then they go on to say "It’s close but Lacazette just about pips Lukaku when it comes to value for money right now". Absolute rubbish considering he is nearly half the price and they admitted he is better than Lukaku in so many areas. Rubbish article.

*one of the points for Lukaku was from a category that was put in there specifically for him. If you replaced it with Pace Lacazette would've won with a whitewash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Lacazette got no.9, think we all know what way it's going

Lacazette wins 4-2* and then they go on to say "It’s close but Lacazette just about pips Lukaku when it comes to value for money right now". Absolute rubbish considering he is nearly half the price and they admitted he is better than Lukaku in so many areas. Rubbish article.

*one of the points for Lukaku was from a category that was put in there specifically for him. If you replaced it with Pace Lacazette would've won with a whitewash.

Its a 4 2 win. I'm not giing to start moaning about the referee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

James Rodriguez heads to Bayern from Real on 2 year loan deal....Does that leave only Man City left who was interested in Sanchez?
    Hoping this a sign Alexis is staying.
    Couldnt possibly sell to City could we?
    Maybe for 90m but I cant see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/885030975708684288

Our third kit. Looks very Man United-esque to me.

It's very noticeable how much Alexis is mentioned on the Arsenal social media pages the last week or so. I'm really hoping that's a good sign as it will look stupid now if he ends up signing for a premier league rival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ozil at the kit launch on Sanchez.....very much sounds as though Ozil will commit

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10945592/alexis-sanchez-exit-would-hit-arsenal-hard-mesut-ozil-says

It's very noticeable how much Alexis is mentioned on the Arsenal social media pages the last week or so. I'm really hoping that's a good sign as it will look stupid now if he ends up signing for a premier league rival.

That's true, but the Arsenal social media team have done stupid stuff in the past. I really don't think they have a clue what's happening with the club, they just have to keep all the social media channels busy.

All the social media side of stuff is planned months ago, and none of it is reflective of anything current.

Surprised at how little is being made of the fact that Ozil hasn't signed a contract extension yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

It will be interesting if we sing another winger and are going with a back 3 what kind of shape the team will play.
    Could we really play a back 3 with 2 wing backs and have Lacazatte, Sanchez, Ozil and another winger in the team?

I see chelsea have been offered Aubameyang for 70m De Niros according to SSN, its gonna be one hell of a league battle this year if all this comes to pass.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10945428/chelsea-offered-chance-to-sign-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-for-70m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure what they are arguing about or what their article takes into consideration but Lukaku scored more goals than Lacazette from open play in the last 2 seasons. Considering the difference in strength between leagues, it's obvious who had better seasons.

Excluding penalties:
    Lukaku scored 24 goals + 6 assists in league in 3266 mins - 108 mins per G+A
    Lacazette scored 17 goals + 3 assists in 2367 mins - 118 mins per G+A

2015-16:
    Lukaku scored 17 goals + 6 assists in league in 3170 mins - 137 mins per G+A
    Lacazette scored 19 goals + 3 assists in 2956 mins - 134 mins per G+A

Also most of the content in the article is based on assumptions:

Tactical fit: How can they even decide that when both haven't even trained properly with their teams?.

Finishing: Citing conversion rate to prove this has lot of holes. No one knows how difficult the chances were, so going by player x converted y number of chances won't cut it. Also they probably included penalty goals which will swing in Lacazette's favor. Even excluding that, without checking the quality of chances it's of no use to just go by numbers.

Also comparing their overall games to goal ratio but ignoring what leagues they played in or how many penalties they scored.

In short, it's way too early to judge any player. For some reason Arsenal fans are happy because they paid less for a striker, ManUtd fans are happy they signed second highest goal scorer in the league.

You can't judge value for money based on some article written on assumptions, you will once they settle and have few seasons under their belt.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    rabble rabble rabble.
    Shoo! Shoo! Be gone!!!!

Sorry lads, i left the door open again and the moths were attracted to the light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Shoo! Shoo! Be gone!!!!

Sorry lads, i left the door open again and the moths were attracted to the light.

This is more intelligent post than the one I quoted before. Good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement