Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sanchez has still not requested a transfer so all is well.
    Any word on Lemar today?
    I just re-read the names of the players gone on tour and didn't recognise some of them. Would have preferred to have had all our dealings done by now and all our new players given the opportunity to settle in on this trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Any word on Lemar today?
    I just re-read the names of the players gone on tour and didn't recognise some of them. Would have preferred to have had all our dealings done by now and all our new players given the opportunity to settle in on this trip.

I think that might have been wishful thinking with players and holiday and the few tournaments going on, I hope Arsenal bring in maybe 2 more starters before the window closes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

On a worrying note... Douglas Costa (left winger for Bayern) has moved to Juventus. Hope their not making room for someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ronan14 wrote: »
    On a worrying note... Douglas Costa (left winger for Bayern) has moved to Juventus. Hope their not making room for someone...

They were making room for James who they've already signed on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Any word on Lemar today?
    That would always be the hope but I'm just glad that 2 of their signings have been made early enough to go on tour. This hasn't been the case very often over the years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Ronan14 wrote: »

They were making room for James who they've already signed on loan.

Hope I'm wrong but would have thought James would be played in a more central position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sort of worrying here from Giroud:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Let's face it, if Mbappe by some miracle arrived, Giroud would be 3rd or even 4th choice striker, so of course it's a possibility. He's just leaving it open!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The games is being streamed live on the clubs site
    https://www.arsenal.com/live#!timeline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

great turn up from down under! would love to see how the team gels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's finally here. Gonna bloody kick the tires and light the fires, flamin ell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The games is being streamed live on the clubs site
    https://www.arsenal.com/live#!timeline

On airsport 2 also

Big Mert just put us one up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

BFG!!! haha Mertesacker scores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

its on arsena tv

Peno awarded compete wrong decision.

Welbeck steps up sees on the screen how bad a call it was, turns to the lads

'Here lads will I roll it back? Will I?, what you's think will I just miss?'

Ref blows whistle he decides to try score and misses, looks a clown lol

Laca comes off the bench, he is put out wide.......... I'll box Wenger myself if this guy isn't played central this year

Soups123 wrote: »
    Laca comes off the bench, he is put out wide.......... I'll box Wenger myself if this guy isn't played central this year

First shot first goal

Come on lads I'm a one man show here!!!!

Am on the only one starved or working from home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Am on the only one starved or working from home

You're helping me here through my working day (in the office).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Debut goal, nice run to finish

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    Debut goal, nice run to finish

Only a handful of minutes but looks so tidy on the ball, put a lovely through ball for the Ox as well.

Early days but you can see he has it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Am on the only one starved or watching from home

I guess you're the only one watching from home.:D

I guess you're the only one watching from home.:D

Just a fortunate coincidence

Just saw the vast majority of the Sydney game. Now bearing the opposition in mind, here is a few comments. Maitland Niles and Willock looked very good as did Emi Martinez in goal. Lacca looked very composed and his workmate was impressive as is his pace. Ox, in contrast looked shocking, even though he tried and tried. Gave the ball away, once when there wasn't any pressure on him at all. I like Ox, but would he really be that big a loss if he goes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I know its only a pre season friendly but same old same old Walcott. Chap is sooooo wasteful, should had at least 2-3 goals he is not even hitting the target!!!

I dunno, time ti start one of the youngsters like Nelson instead of him this season.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I know its only a pre season friendly but same old same old Walcott. Chap is sooooo wasteful, should had at least 2-3 goals he is not even hitting the target!!!

I dunno, time ti start one of the youngsters like Nelson instead of him this season.

Meant to add him into the post above too, but was actually so disgusted by his effort today I was afraid I'd say something nasty about him. He needs to be sold off ASAP. He scrubbed 3 shots from less than 20 yards and his overall play was atrocious! And when I say scrubbed, the best description I have is he shot like an 8 year old using their weak foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think Walcott is very lucky that Wenger stayed on, id say he would be high up on the list of casualties for an incoming manager

I'd say he'll be shipped out if we get Lemar, though it's thought Wenger sees Lemar as a CMF

• Advertisement

Speaks volumes that there are teams after Ox and not after Walcott, what kills me is the wages he is on. That could be the difference in Sanchez staying and going....Sanchez is twice the player so sell Walcott and give Alexis all his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We'd get double what they will offer selling in England, there probably only looking for a loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We'd get double what they will offer selling in England, there probably only looking for a loan

Its the 100k wages thats the problem though. Id take 10 million and get rid of the wages tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I'd sell him on aswell , I do feel sorry for him but if we're honest with ourselves if we really want to be a top club we should act like one and there should be no room sentiment look at how long Diaby held on ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Ornstein saying we're close to deal with Lemar

https://twitter.com/bbscport_david/status/885578403352633345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

When Ornstein says it, it's as good as done. Seriously impressed with that signing. Keep the rest of the main squad intact and I'll be optimistic about the start of the season.

Edit. That's a fake Ornstein twitter account. Lequipe saying that Monaco have no intention of selling Lemar this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That account is fake. That person should be turned in for identity fraud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭djan

That's a fake account I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Goddamn you had me for a sec. The 8.15 timestamp ruined everything, would have heard more about it by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nice to see the club so clearly telling Barca to get lost re Bellerin.

Not sure that has ever happened before. I think Barca were beginning to see us as a bit of a feeder club. Good to put that to bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

More paper speculation, this time a deal to bring Matic to the Emirates with Ox going the other way as part of the deal

More paper speculation, this time a deal to bring Matic to the Emirates with Ox going the other way as part of the deal

not a bad deal, Matic would be an improvement on Coquelin for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Wont happen, but IMO that'd be a smashing deal, Matic is class & IMO an underrated player, Ox needs a move to develop IMO, he'll stagnate at best if he stays, the bounce of a move & new surroundings/influences may give him the kick start he needs to progress, cant see him doing that at The Arsenal.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/885797323640647680

Haha, can't imagine that there's many teams below Arsenal in the table that would be Girouds "first choice".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/885797323640647680

Haha, can't imagine that there's many teams below Arsenal in the table that would be Girouds "first choice".
    FYI that guys a charlatan. Got caught rapid making stuff up about us earlier in the window, I think about the striker Everton bought in Belgium.

FYI that guys a charlatan. Got caught rapid making stuff up about us earlier in the window, I think about the striker Everton bought in Belgium.

Oh, I don't take anything online seriously, just thought it was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The BBC saying Matic wants to go to United and link up with Mourinho again.
    Probably true.

Yeah I'd sell him on aswell , I do feel sorry for him but if we're honest with ourselves if we really want to be a top club we should act like one and there should be no room sentiment look at how long Diaby held on ffs

Not just Diably, look at Rosicky and now Wilshere. And as much as it pains me to say it Santi is gonna be another case of high wages no play time.

Wenger needs to get ruthless and axe the DEAD WOOD (Santi Excluded). Unforeseen injury.

Spurs sell Kyle Walker to City for £50m. Watch us offload our players for next to nothing.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Spurs sell Kyle Walker to City for £50m. Watch us offload our players for next to nothing.

that's a bit of a damned if you do damned if you don't. We're keeping hold (he says hopefully) of our in demand players, Spurs are unable to do that.

The players that we let go are players we don't want anymore. Almost inevitably, their value will be less.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement