Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Basil3 wrote: »
    Spurs sell Kyle Walker to City for £50m. Watch us offload our players for next to nothing.

Would you like us to sell Alexis to them for £50M!?

wawaman wrote: »
    Would you like us to sell Alexis to them for £50M!?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

:confused:

You seem very interested in city buying players for high prices

wawaman wrote: »
    You seem very interested in city buying players for high prices

I'm interested in clubs getting value in players they do sell. It's something we simply don't do.

We will need to offload some players this summer, it will be interesting to see how much we get for them, even in this crazy market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Spurs sell Kyle Walker to City for £50m. Watch us offload our players for next to nothing.

You think we'd let Bellerin go for any less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'm interested in clubs getting value in players they do sell. It's something we simply don't do.

We will need to offload some players this summer, it will be interesting to see how much we get for them, even in this crazy market.

The ones I'd like to see go will hardly garner much interest when you consider their wage expectations

L'prof wrote: »
    The ones I'd like to see go will hardly garner much interest when you consider their wage expectations

That's part of the reason why we don't get value when selling. Players on high wages and/or allowed to run their contracts down.

That's part of the reason why we don't get value when selling. Players on high wages and/or allowed to run their contracts down.

In the last 4 years what outgoing transfers disappointed you the most?

In the last 4 years what outgoing transfers disappointed you the most?

I guess Gnabry is the most recent that springs to mind. My point is that we potentially have to lose a few first teamers this summer, and I don't expect any of them to go for much. This is partly due to the way we operate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Part of the reason is surely to do with the fact that we have let so many players run down their contracts. How was that allowed to happen?

I guess Gnabry is the most recent that springs to mind. My point is that we potentially have to lose a few first teamers this summer, and I don't expect any of them to go for much. This is partly due to the way we operate.

Gnabry was disappointing but I don't think anything could have been done there. He was never going to get the game time he was looking for. After signing for Bayern he's already been farmed out again which seemed to me to be the reason he left Arsenal

"And now, please welcome....the FA Cup Champions, Arsenal!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's looking like Aubameyang to Chelsea and Giroud to Dortmund now. Aubameyang not costing much more than Lacazette did, and with Giroud wanted as a replacement surely Arsenal could have done a deal there.

So who would you have preferred, Lacazette or Aubameyang? To be honest I've not seen enough of either to make a decision, I just hope Wenger got the man he really wanted here and this wasn't another transfer fúck up.

Nice goal from Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

Giroud get in

• Advertisement

It's looking like Aubameyang to Chelsea and Giroud to Dortmund now. Aubameyang not costing much more than Lacazette did, and with Giroud wanted as a replacement surely Arsenal could have done a deal there.

So who would you have preferred, Lacazette or Aubameyang? To be honest I've not seen enough of either to make a decision, I just hope Wenger got the man he really wanted here and this wasn't another transfer fúck up.

I'd prefer Aubameyang, but who knows if he was ever an option for us. He'd be £20m more and is two years older, and would have to go a year without champions League.

Great goal from Ramsey there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lacazette is still waiting on the high 5 :D

Floodgates opening now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The saltyness by Giroud towards Laca on this tour is gas

Bizarre by Martinez picking up a back pass. Brain-dead keepers and Arsenal go hand-in-hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bizarre by Martinez picking up a back pass. Brain-dead keepers and Arsenal go hand-in-hand.

I really hope he isn't our #2 this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Walcott missed chance after chance again! Willock and Niketah were very impressive yet again. Really have high hopes for both those kids. Maybe we'll see some proper cameos from them this season.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Walcott missed chance after chance again! Willock and Niketah were very impressive yet again. Really have high hopes for both those kids. Maybe we'll see some proper cameos from them this season.

I'm not overly concerned with Walcott. He has been getting into good positions, and not putting them away, but I don't think he had particularly bad shots.

He looks a lot better than Welbeck, if you ask me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The saltyness by Giroud towards Laca on this tour is gas

Yeah, the goal during the week he didn't seem to react at all, very unlike him not to join in celebrations.

Getting an extended run in the Europa could be the making of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lads, what other Arsenal forums do you use? Any specific Irish Arsenal ones? Anything similar to the Liverpool IrishKop website that organises trips over to the matches?

Twitter has gone mad with quotes from Alexis saying he wants to win the champions league but Arsenal want him to stay.

So it looks like we will get one more year from him. And if he wants to win the CL he'll need to leave the EPL. Unclear when the interview was given but as he's on holiday it wouldn't have been today.

greendom wrote: »
    Twitter has gone mad with quotes from Alexis saying he wants to win the champions league but Arsenal want him to stay.

So it looks like we will get one more year from him. And if he wants to win the CL he'll need to leave the EPL. Unclear when the interview was given but as he's on holiday it wouldn't have been today.

It could well be today or very recently. I'm pretty sure he was tweeting that he was heading to his hometown a couple of days ago, and that's where the interview was.

Wanting to play in and win the Champions league doesn't make sense if you're going to another EPL club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wouldnt kill the ****er to hang around one more season and see do we qualify next year, its not like we wont be paying him a mental salary in the meantime. I mean he is 28 now and has not won the CL its not Arsenals fault he has not won it yet, but I have a feeling that he was more pissed off by the lack of fire at the club rather then missing out purely this year.

When he was signed I say we promised him the sun, moon and stars and then ended up going backwards apart from the FA cups. I really like him but I hope he does not turn into a pure money grabbing mercenary like so many others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If he wanted to win the champions league then why didn't he stay at Barca?
    Or should I say, why did he choose arsenal then?

Makes no sense to me.

He just wants more moola

Makes no sense to me.

He just wants more moola

Thats true it was his wage demands that put Bayern Munich off.

• Advertisement

Makes no sense to me.

He just wants more moola

Were Barca not done with him? Doubt he had much of a say in leaving there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Turning our noses up at 30-40 million and keeping alexis for another year would be a really un-arsenal thing to do.

Just can't see it happening. I can see us squeezing the oil money out of city on the last day of the window and getting 50 million for him.

Turning our noses up at 30-40 million and keeping alexis for another year would be a really un-arsenal thing to do.

Just can't see it happening. I can see us squeezing the oil money out of city on the last day of the window and getting 50 million for him.

£50m from City would be atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Unless it's something stupid like 80m I would be done with this club if they sell Sanchez to city

The Mirror claiming Everton are going to offer 30 million for Walcott. Really hope that's true

The Mirror claiming Everton are going to offer 30 million for Walcott. Really hope that's true

Meh. Can't say I'd be happy with that, especially if Sanchez is leaving. We already have a shortage of people who can actually score goals. Get someone in first, before shipping out.

£50m from City would be atrocious

Atrocious for who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

If city get Sanchez we are basically guaranteeing them the league next year.

Atrocious for who?

Arsenal obviously

• Advertisement

I'd drive him up myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Szczesny looks like he's off to Juventus. Very surprised/frustrated with this one. Martinez still looks very raw and Ospina will surely look to leave too. Thought Scz had shown maturity in the last couple of seasons and Juventus must feel similar if they're hoping he'll take over from Buffon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Personally I'm not bothered by Szczesny leaving at all, he had a fair chance when he was here, and even some highlights from his time at Roma I'm not convinced by him. People seem to be making a big deal of Juve seeing him as being good enough to replace Buffon and this is people's reasoning for it being bad business for us. Firstly, Juve could be very wrong, secondly, he is definitely not good enough to come near replacing Buffon.

Get a load of this.....Theo Wallcott has a pair of balls like an AFRICAN ELEPHANT.....

Quote:-

Finally, Theo Walcott has warned his Arsenal team-mates to step it up this season.

"This season there has to be more," he said.

"It has to be this season, there's no holding back now and there's going to be a lot more pressure but I think we can deal with it."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Get a load of this.....Theo Wallcott has a pair of balls like an AFRICAN ELEPHANT.....

Quote:-

Finally, Theo Walcott has warned his Arsenal team-mates to step it up this season.

"This season there has to be more," he said.

"It has to be this season, there's no holding back now and there's going to be a lot more pressure but I think we can deal with it."

That's very rich coming from Theo, he needs to take some of his own advice.

Id be chuffed with Theo if he stepped it up in ****in Pre Season never mind anything else.....youngsters in the team playing him off the park.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Id be chuffed with Theo if he stepped it up in ****in Pre Season never mind anything else.....youngsters in the team playing him off the park.

Theo had a good season last year. If he was played off the park by these youngsters, what's your view on Danny?

Ornstein now saying we're unlikely to sign Lemar, but not giving up yet and insisting on keeping Alexis.

I'll be disappointed if we don't sign either Lemar or Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ornstein now saying we're unlikely to sign Lemar, but not giving up yet and insisting on keeping Alexis.

If getting either means losing Sanchez, I'm perfectly happy to wait a year.

Agreed, I just feel we need a bigger threat on the right, especially if Ox leaves. Relying on Theo is not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I will 

I will be disappointed if it is not Lemar. Mahrez is not up to it. If we don't get at least 1 more top signing in And keep Ozil and Sanchez this window is a disappointment

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement