Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Xhaka has given the ball away in key positions. He's been poor.

He lost the ball because Elneny rushed it to him when he was surrounded by Leicester players.

He's made a lot of progressive passes, Elneny gets off with murder compared to Xhaka here.

As good as it's going to get under the nutty professor lads. I'm not even shocked any more

Elneny is poison tonight

Basil3 wrote: »
    Elneny off, Ramsey on
    Welbeck off, Giroud on

Called the players on at least :D

Seems a change of formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ozil needs to practice his shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Here's the saviour lads, Theo is on... I give up!

• Advertisement

Theo for a hat trick.

The two new boys definitely look the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ozil needs to practice his shooting.

He's been very average tonight.

Oh yes the Premier League is back. The pain and the misery.

It's the simple things. We had a corner, Ozil shows short, Xhaka ignores him and instead of waiting for Ozil to move off he takes the corner. Now have two players out of the game if Leicester clear it. Simple decisions like this can cost you a game.

Or a quick free kick in your own half 3.30 into the game 1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭allinthehead

He lost the ball because Elneny rushed it to him when he was surrounded by Leicester players.

He's made a lot of progressive passes, Elneny gets off with murder compared to Xhaka here.

Can't agree. I felt he had a part in all of Leicester's goals. Maybe it's instruction but he allowed Vardy run right past him.

☀️

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Theo for a hat trick.

The two new boys definitely look the business.

They look better than our whole other team out together lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Switched to a back 4 of:

RB
    CB
    CB
    LB
    Ox
    Monreal---Kolasinac---Bellerin

:D

If we can't get a point at home to Leicester on the first day of the season I just ****ing give up.

I'm so tired of this I've seen it all before...several times. Wenger is all out of excuses. Come on ta fück.

RAMBOOOOO!!

PUSH ON FOR THE WIN

Get in Ramsey

☀️

GIROUD!!!

DONT **** THIS UP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Get the fcuk in!!!!

What a turnaround!!! Up the gunners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Fair play, hold on lads please!

• Advertisement

What a ****ing game what a legend Ollie

What a header.

☀️

Giroud :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What a ****ing header that is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Giroud should be offered a new contract, offers such a threat as a forward not always starting but exactly what we need. Sell him I'll shoot Wenger myself

Fuchs is the new Rory Delap for throws. He's like Joe Canning taking a sideline cut

Giroud our most consistent player at the club for the last 3 or 4 years. Sign him up for **** sake.

There ya go. Easy as you like.

Nice to get a handy win on game week one.

• Advertisement

What a game. What a blood pressure reading.

☀️

Must give the boys credit here. Great fight and never give up spirit shown. What a bench though!

If we can only cut out that comical defending

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Great having two quality strikers in the squad for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If you want to be as optimistic as you can, attacking wise that was great and it was minus Sanchez. Imagine keeping Sanchez and adding Lemar!

The biggest issue tonight was the back 3 and Elneny, we know we have big defenders to come back. Elneny is not good enough we need something in there if not Ramsey something new

My nerves are shot to bits. I'm visibly shaky here, could be the weed, could be the drink, could be that I'm watching Arsenal.

Great win and a nice bet up.:D Good man Lacazette.
    Terrible defending will kill us. We need a CB badly.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    If you want to be as optimistic as you can, attacking wise that was great and it was minus Sanchez. Imagine keeping Sanchez and adding Lenard!

The biggest issue tonight was the back 3 and Elneny, we know we have big defenders to come back. Elneny is not good enough we need something in there if not Ramsey something new

A midfield of Xhaka and a consistently fit Cazorla would be a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

What a bizarre decision from Leicester though, winning so take off a midfielder and put on a striker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

My nerves are shot to bits. I'm visibly shaky here, could be the weed, could be the drink, could be that I'm watching Arsenal.

Same as...I'm fcuking wrecked after that.

C'mon the invincibles haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pfft. Bored out of my arse here.

COME ON ARSENAL!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Great having two quality strikers in the squad for the first time in a long time.

I hope Wenger is clever enough to not play Ollie and Lacazette both at the same time. We need this rivalry and the talk of who we should start up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thank fcuk for that, dodged a bullet there big time.

Great fight but we (Wenger) make it sooooo hard for ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

In London now. At the emirates earlier trying to get a ticket but the demand was massive. From the Holloway tube was a sea of gunners mad for the new season. The place was hopping. They were looking for £140 to £150 for a ticket near the ground so I said no. Ended up in the Euston Flyer bar with a big screen and packed full of gunners. Plenty of pints and what a game! They can frustrate us but when they do what they can do....there's no better entertainment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Soups123 wrote: »
    If you want to be as optimistic as you can, attacking wise that was great and it was minus Sanchez. Imagine keeping Sanchez and adding Lemar!

I don't really see the point of Lemar right now, we are in need of a couple solid defensive players so much more.

I'd kill for a nice 2-0 win.

3 points?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0aD5w4EFKTm4llO-tTPbgIMCHz_gAuSKrPjRGZ3VWSZl76YHRsQ

That's all I care about!

:D

Lads. It's unreal to have the football back. I'm sitting here with a spurs man and the abuse the whole way through the game was worth it for the third and fourth Arsenal goal, fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Nearly had a heart attack watching that :p. But we won the opening game and we do like to do it the hard way. The last 15 minutes was fantastic. We're a great side going forward, don't need to tinker with that at all. But defensively we're a mess even with Kos and Mustafi I still think he badly needs to bring in a top class CB and another Defensive midfielder. Poor Holding looked out of his depth tonight, why he didn't play Chambers I don't know.

Anyway said Leicester wouldn't be that easy. But we are a sight to behold going forward with Alexis in there we be a team to watch but we are one of the worse at the back and if he doesn't sort it at that end, I could see us struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Agree about Giroud, he has scored some incredibly important goals for us these last few years. We must keep him!

Elneny was rewarded for a good display with his start tonight, but for me the Xhaka - Ramsey partnership is the way forward.

We were piss poor in defence tonight, but add in Koscielny, Mert and Mustafi and I feel we're strong enough there.

Great fightback tonight. Really enjoyed those last 2 goals. COY Gunners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Great win and a nice bet up.:D Good man Lacazette.
    Terrible defending will kill us. We need a CB badly.

A top class CB at Southampton is ready and waiting. We do need a someone badly at Centre back, we won't get away with it again.

Looper007 wrote: »
    A top class CB at Southampton is ready and waiting. We do need a someone badly at Centre back, we won't get away with it again.
    I've been saying we should go for Van Dijk. We conceded similar goals with Kos and Mustafi there too last season. We need someone to attack the ball and out-muscle attackers. A big brute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Some strength from Giroud with the winner. Maguire was trying his best to pull him down and Oli didn't budge an inch. Delighted for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement