Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wenger subs after what 65 mins... Rambo and Ollie.

Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I've been saying we should go for Van Dijk. We conceded similar goals with Kos and Mustafi there too last season. We need someone to attack the ball and out-muscle attackers. A big brute.

I doubt he go for anyone, probably thinks Kos and Mustafi will sort it. But I think Van Dijk could be a PL winning signing imo. Even with Kos and Mustafi those same mistakes will still happen. fingers crossed he go all out and get a top class CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Probably unlikely but when Giroud was on his walk at the end, soaking up the adulation of the crowd, did anyone else think he looked like a man who could have been saying au-revoir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ox is much better than Bellerin on the right at the minute. Surely starts there the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Delighted with the win. Was a bit of a roller-coaster. 1-0 up in 2 mins, thought it was gonna be a rout. 2-1 followed by the equaliser at 47 mins. Then down again and go on to actually win! Thought Lacazzette was very good throughout, with little protection from the ref. Giroud did amazingly to score the winner as everyone else has said. Thought Welbeck played well and the Ox had a good game for the most part. The 3 lads at CB didn't work tonight and Cech also had a bad game. All in all 3 points on the board though, so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Some strength from Giroud with the winner. Maguire was trying his best to pull him down and Oli didn't budge an inch. Delighted for him.

If that didn't go in would Dean having giving a penalty cause Maguire was nearly killing Giroud lol. Giroud is a great impact striker for me and will do a great job for us going forward. He's not a number 1 for me.

He broke his usual 70-75 mins rule :rolleyes:;) Yes the subs worked magnificently today in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Arghus wrote: »
    Probably unlikely but when Giroud was on his walk at the end, soaking up the adulation of the crowd, did anyone else think he looked like a man who could have been saying au-revoir?

Wenger interviewed afterwards said he opened the door for Ollie to leave but he wants to stay.
    I think and hope he's staying to challenge Laca for the starting spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What other options did he have. A 3 year old could've called those subs before the game started/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looper007 wrote: »
    If that didn't go in would Dean having giving a penalty cause Maguire was nearly killing Giroud lol. Giroud is a great impact striker for me and will do a great job for us going forward. He's not a number 1 for me.
    Mike Dean doesn't give penalties to Arsenal.

He broke his usual 70-75 mins rule :rolleyes:;) Yes the subs worked magnificently today in fairness.

In fairness we had a very makeshift defence. I'm not making excuses but Jesus what a come back, that shows this team has some metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The pass to Ramsey from Xhaka. Oh my God. Don't think the sky crew picked up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

In fairness we had a very makeshift defence.

We were playing two fullbacks and a kid who only has a year of Premier League football under his belt. Honestly, I don't know what else were people expecting, we were always going to concede today.

Quazzie wrote: »
    What other options did he have. A 3 year old could've called those subs before the game started/

Ah now. You've also gotta keep those lads happy during the week when they know they won't start. He deserves credit for that. I just hope Ollie is happy on the bench for another year.

The pass to Ramsey from Xhaka. Oh my God. Don't think the sky crew picked up on it.

They picked up on an ozil handball that led to that corner. Jesus f Christ I think I saw it 10 times, if it was a Leicester player handballing it into the net the sky crew would be jizzing over each other lolling at Arsenal.

• Advertisement

In fairness we had a very makeshift defence. I'm not making excuses but Jesus what a come back, that shows this team has some metal.

We conceded many silly goals with Kos and Mustafi in there last season.
    We are not learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

I must say,that was all very very arsenal,only 37 more nights like that to go thru

They picked up on an ozil handball that led to that corner. Jesus f Christ I think I saw it 10 times, if it was a Leicester player handballing it into the net the sky crew would be jizzing over each other lolling at Arsenal.
    We should have had a penalty for a hand ball too.

Said the exact same thing to my mates who I was watching it with. Thought Ozil had a poor game but he gets such a tough time. They replayed it about a million times! With that said I don't think Gary or Jamie are the most impartial commentators.

We should have had a penalty for a hand ball too.

Eh no, it was too close...His hand was totally accidently up like he was gonna ask his teacher could he go to the jacks! :D Again just ties into the slightly biased team on commentary. The fans left in the stadium were having the craic with Carragher though when he was trying to us the sky video yoke, twas quite funny.

• Advertisement

Wenger saying post match that Giroud isn't going anywhere. Good to know.

It was a brilliant pass.
    It made up for him giving the ball away for their second goal.

Quazzie wrote: »

Doubt they could have called Giroud for Holding, though.

We are not learning.

We're talking about tonight and tonight Wenger deserves credit. I'm a big critic of him but tonight he did well. We will score lots and lots of goals this year. Just wait til we have our defence back. We already look better with kolasinac, just don't write off our defence just yet. I guarantee we won't ship 3 at home again this season. Freak game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wenger saying post match that Giroud isn't going anywhere. Good to know.

It's good to hear but also reflects poorly on Wenger and the club for opening the door for him to go, he is such a big player for this club

Open the door for the 10+ misfits we have not good guys who contribute

Eh no, it was too close...His hand was totally accidently up like he was gonna ask his teacher could he go to the jacks! :D Again just ties into the slightly biased team on commentary. The fans left in the stadium were having the craic with Carragher though when he was trying to us the sky video yoke, twas quite funny.
    If it happened at the other end Dean would have given it though.

Anyone notice Walcott being unable to stay onside at a crucial time. Had he done so it surely would have led to a goal. Brainless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We are not learning.

Isn't that 10 league wins in 11, with a cup & charity shield win in between?

Come on, man!

If it happened at the other end Dean would have given it though.

No doubt about it. It took about what 5 fouls from Morgan for him to finally get a bloody yellow card!

Anyone notice Walcott being unable to stay onside at a crucial time. Had he done so it surely would have led to a goal. Brainless.

Out the door with him,he's had his chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Great result, Walcott and ozil rubbish

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Isn't that 10 league wins in 11, with a cup & charity shield win in between?

Come on, man!
    It is but we cannot continue like that and expect to get out of jail.
    We need to learn to defend properly. They looked like they didn't want to jump and get hurt.
    If we continue to ignore poor defending then we can forget about trying to win the league.

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's good to hear but also reflects poorly on Wenger and the club for opening the door for him to go, he is such a big player for this club

Open the door for the 10+ misfits we have not good guys who contribute

It's pretty crazy that a player many called a donkey has become pretty much irreplaceable for us.

I think Wenger would have allowed Giroud to go in order to improve his chances playing for France at the world cup. He often puts players interests first, rather than the clubs.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Great result, Walcott and ozil rubbish

Always cracks me up that Walcott can get singled out as being rubbish when he gets a token 10 mins or so at the end of the match. Someone does it every single time :D

A gobsh1te. How was he caught offside there? He was looking right across and had space and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's pretty crazy that a player many called a donkey has become pretty much irreplaceable for us.

I think Wenger would have allowed Giroud to go in order to improve his chances playing for France at the world cup. He often puts players interests first, rather than the clubs.

I've always been a fan of Giroud, he's not a guaranteed starter but most have said he is a brilliant second option or plan B.

Most would agree he offers more than a heap of players at the club.

If Wenger was to sell him to better France and the player then he had his priorities wrong. His job is to run this club

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Out the door with him,he's had his chance.

He is deep into completing his 12th year as an Arsenal player....A joke.

He is deep into completing his 12th year as an Arsenal player....A joke.

Has flattered to deceive for each and every one of those years.

Id say he'd be gone only for nobody would take him on his crazy wage.

Giroud is staying. Thank God.

WENGER ON GIROUD...
    “Giroud is fantastic. I opened the door for him. I didn’t want him to go. He wanted to stay and that was one of the greatest days I’ve had in recent months. There is no chance he could before the window closes. It’s a determined no.”

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Whats funny is everyone in that move could have ****ed up but didnt in harder situation, Theo in the easiest situation ****ed up

*knock knock*
    Jurgen Klopp: Ja?

"We hear you're having some difficulty in the transfer market"

Jurgen Klopp: Ja... du hast mein attention..

"We have an energetic seasoned international for sale, his goals ratio is quite good, he's got a tonne of pace and a fantastic new hair do"

Jurgen Klopp: Ja..Ja?

"40 million"

Jurgen Klopp: Nein!!

"9 million? SOLD TO THE MAN WITH THE FASHIONABLE GLASSES AND TEETH!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Has flattered to deceive for each and every one of those years.

Id say he'd be gone only for nobody would take him on his crazy wage.

Who is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Ox is much better than Bellerin on the right at the minute. Surely starts there the next day.

Yeah I fully agree. If we are playing the back three, then I'd play the Ox right wing back as he is a far better footballer than Bellerin as it stands. The only problem is, I don't think the Ox will be here by the end of the transfer window, so we may as well persist with Bellerin and hope he gets his form back.

Watched the game in the local tonight, such an emotionally draining experience watching that 90 mins. Delighted with a win for once on day 1. Great to have the premier league back!

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Who is this?

Me or Walcott?

Good old Theo. On for 10 mins, one offside, star of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Giroud is staying. Thank God.

WENGER ON GIROUD...
    “Giroud is fantastic. I opened the door for him. I didn’t want him to go. He wanted to stay and that was one of the greatest days I’ve had in recent months. There is no chance he could before the window closes. It’s a determined no.”

Fantastic. Love Giroud. Scores an awful lot of goals for a fella people think isn't that good. Important goals.

Good old Theo. On for 10 mins, one offside, star of the show.

Ah we forgot how useless he was until he reminded us:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Fantastic. Love Giroud. Scores an awful lot of goals for a fella people think isn't that good. Important goals.

I was just thinking there was no one else in our squad who could have scored that goal tonight. Not just tightly marked but actually being fouled.

But thinking about it he now does have a bit of competition. Kolasinac would have given it a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I don't think anyone (or many) said that we should get rid of Giroud. I recall many saying that he wasn't good enough to be our lead striker, but he has really proven his worth, and every top team has 2 good strikers vying for the lead role. I though Lacca looked pretty good tonight. His goal was a great finish, and his shot that Casper saved was a great piece of skill. He's industrious, fast and looks the part. More to come hopefully.

Anyway, season off to a good start, hope you all enjoy 17/18 lads and ladies and hopefully we have more of the great days than the ****ty ones we've grown accustomed to over recent years!

Me or Walcott?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement