Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

This hurts. For the love of God just go Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

This is some ****ing disaster. Shocking defending for the last few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Well they've all been useless tonight, don't think I be giving any of them any credit Sanchez included, all he seemed to do was give the ball away and then chase around after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

C'est fini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm sure we will show mental strength and bounce back against Sutton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Time to prepare for life after Sanchez, and ozil, and I'm guessing wenger after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Barlett wrote: »
    Well they've all been useless tonight, don't think I be giving any of them any credit Sanchez included, all he seemed to do was give the ball away and then chase around after it

Sanchez shows passion at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

We need to get Kroenke the fook out of our beloved club. If it's true Wenger is to be offered another contract change needs to come from the top down. I'm sick of this embarrassing routine of getting this far and then getting our arses handed to us. Bullsh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

We've all seen this before. A new blood is badly needed for sure. Can't comprehend as well why lucas isn't starting. He ha s been good for real everytime he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

This is a sad sad night for Arsenal football club. I actually feel sorry for Wenger a bit, this is as low as it can get. The players have been an absolute disgrace tonight, everyone bar Ospina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Underground

The stage is set for a spirited and brave 3-0 win at the Emirates and the cycle shall repeat itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

5star02707 wrote: »
    We've all seen this before. A new blood is badly needed for sure. Can't comprehend as well why lucas isn't starting. He ha s been good for real everytime he plays.

He's injured tonight - hamstring strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

5star02707 wrote: »

Injury I heard, but I agree with you otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Time to prepare for life after Sanchez, and ozil, and I'm guessing wenger after tonight.

Ozil's part of the problem though.He can't really be throwing his toys out of the pram over stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Honestly didnt know coqeulin was playing tonight until him came off . I even said to a mate xzaka is there instead .

Embarrassing result for not only arsenal but for English football. Disgraceful performance really

Yeah, gonna miss Ozil leading from the front in our big matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That was pathetic. If Wenger cared about the club like he proclaims he would step down immediately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Urgh. I haven't been on here as much as I used to, as following Arsenal has been more of a chore than a pleasure in the past few years, but now I may sever all ties until something changes.

The only thing that I could possibly think of that could change this team is a new manager.

I'll have a think about it overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This is a sad sad night for Arsenal football club. I actually feel sorry for Wenger a bit, this is as low as it can get. The players have been an absolute disgrace tonight, everyone bar Ospina.

I don't feel sorry for him. Not one bit.
    I remember the 6 - 0 at Chelsea, the 5 - 1 at Liverpool, the 5 -3 at Man City and the 8 - 2 at United.
    No not a bit sorry. He bought, coached and picked the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If you take out up until 2004, no other manager at a 'top' club would get away with the last 3 years, nevermind 12.

Your club is in a rut, with no interest in getting out of it.

It doesn't give a shít about you, the fans, who pay the biggest prices around to watch a team continually fail to win anything of note, or to even really challenge.

Wenger remaining is simply acknowledgement from the board that not winning things is good enough for the club.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wenger should announce his retirement tonight. Take the attention off the game, and allow us to relax and enjoy his last few months in the knowledge it will be his last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Worst performance i think i've seen from Arsenal, everybody involved should be ashamed of that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

deadybai wrote: »
    Honestly didnt know coqeulin was playing tonight until him came off

Did you not see him step aside for the Robben goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

omega man wrote: »
    This hurts. For the love of God just go Wenger.

Hopefully he'll take a few players with him.

Keown is snapping.

• Advertisement

Worst performance i think i've seen from Arsenal, everybody involved should be ashamed of that performance.

I agree with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A 3-0 loss.

I've seen absolutely fücking nothing from this shower of bottlers since last season.

Quoted from yesterday.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. 5-1 not 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

farna_boy wrote: »
    The point was there are a maximum of fifteen other teams who can afford to laugh at us and how many of them could beat Bayern? And what this is our 4th time playing them in 5 years? Who of those laughing at us have beat them in that period?

To be fair this Bayern side are probably the weakest in five years, Robben, Lahm, Ribery, Alonso are all ticking on and can be got at. Missing Boateng at centre back is huge for them, as a neutral I though this would be a decent tie however Arsenal literally fell to pieces tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

With the inevitable loss of Sanchez in the Summer this team will probably be at its furthest from success in 10 years.

I don't feel sorry for him. Not one bit.
    I remember the 6 - 0 at Chelsea, the 5 - 1 at Liverpool, the 5 -3 at Man City and the 8 - 2 at United.
    No not a bit sorry. He bought, coached and picked the players.

It's just sad to see a once great, at this club go out like this. I know he should have gone years ago alright. He may have destroyed his legacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

lertsnim wrote:
    Did you not see him step aside for the Robben goal?

I was too busy admiring the goal tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

In fairness Bayern were very very good tonight.

SlickRic wrote: »
    If you take out up until 2004, no other manager at a 'top' club would get away with the last 3 years, nevermind 12.

Your club is in a rut, with no interest in getting out of it.

It doesn't give a shít about you, the fans, who pay the biggest prices around to watch a team continually fail to win anything of note, or to even really challenge.

Wenger remaining is simply acknowledgement from the board that not winning things is good enough for the club.

Embarrassing.

It's a sad day when I'm agreeing with a Liverpool fan, especially since they have been arguably more embarrassing than us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Honestly I think the slate needs to be wiped clean and just start from scratch. That was embarrassing but it's not unusual for Arsenal to have results like that anymore.

I've never really recovered from that pasting we took in Old Trafford years ago to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's just sad to see a once great, at this club go out like this. I know he should have gone years ago alright. He may have destroyed his legacy.

Yes. I know what you mean. He should have gone but he probably won't go even now. He's a company man and he's making money for the company.

That wasn't even a great Bayern team tonight imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You know things are bad when Kieron Gibbs is given the captains armband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think Wenger's biggest problem is that he doesn't improve or develop players. Walcott is exactly the same player that he was when he joined from Southampton, same with Oxlade-Chamberlain and every defender he's ever signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

domrush wrote: »
    With the inevitable loss of Sanchez in the Summer this team will probably be at its furthest from success in 10 years.

I dunno, he got pushed off the ball a lot tonight and gave it away the same as he always does. Would prefer to keep him but he is not irreplaceable if we are willing to actually spend the money instead of just talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

There were worse days. Bayern were class. Delighted to see them (again) in the flesh

I think Wenger's biggest problem is that he doesn't improve or develop players. Walcott is exactly the same player that he was when he joined from Southampton, same with Oxlade-Chamberlain and every defender he's ever signed.

I've been saying that for years. He's broken more players than he's created.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would you take Luis Enrique as Wenger's replacement if he leaves Barca this summer? Think he could be a good man to thoroughly rebuild a side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's a sad day when I'm agreeing with a Liverpool fan, especially since they have been arguably more embarrassing than us.

We're trying to do something different at least. Arsenal aren't. That's the issue.

The club are happy with what you're getting.

Would you take Luis Enrique as Wenger's replacement if he leaves Barca this summer? Think he could be a good man to thoroughly rebuild a side.

Not for me. He has some of the best players in the world at his disposal and he can't make it work. What will he do when he only has Theo Walcott?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Honestly cant see any players of worth coming to Arsenal while wenger remains, club needs new face to shake things up and get rid of all the dead wood, don't mind taking 10 steps back before we start moving forward. I'll take that over stagnating anyday.

SlickRic wrote: »
    We're trying to do something different at least. Arsenal aren't. That's the issue.

The club are happy with what you're getting.

Yeah good point. It's the argument I'd have for people who say be careful what you wish for. If Wenger goes it could get worse or better. I'd prefer to take the chance than stick with this.

Ain't the pool only a point behind us?

He used to improve players, he's just been left behind, his once revolutionary methods have become outdated.

However once he announces he's leaving we'll be falling over ourselves to pay tribute. He could get Arsenal relegated but he would still be the best manager we ever had. And he is but time for a new one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

TBH wenger being sacked now or end of the season would be like winning a trophy.

Im sick of this now.

I am close to not bother with arsenal anymore until the manager goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ain't the pool only a point behind us?

Without UCL football

• Advertisement

Also Chamberlain in particular was an absolute disgrace tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement