Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

6-3 to pool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Strange lineup selected by Wenger yet again. It's like he treats the first games of the season before the internationals as pre season games. Never selects the best lineup available imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If we can hold them to 0 0 and then unleash the bench as they tire in the 2nd half we could get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Giroud to come on and score a winner in injury time for his 100th goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Welbeck ?????
    Good man Wenger. Joke shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

That lineup is not good.

Why we're still pandering to the Ox is beyond me. He's made it clear he's on his way, no point selecting him imo at least not from the start.

Why no Mustafi? Yeah he's on his way out too, but you've picked Ox who's leaving so why leave a world cup winner on the bench in favour of a youngster and a LB?

Liverpool are poor at the back, so he leaves our best sharpshooter in Lacazette on the bench?

So much of his decisions are hard to make sense of, I hope he's gotten it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fùcking hoping this team selection is part of some tactical wizardry by Wenger because it makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

How in Jesus is Welbeck still getting the start.

How in Jesus is Welbeck still getting the start.

He's a truely horrid finisher.

Defensive warning signs there already.

Yikes, good save.

• Advertisement

This could be embarrassing today.

Woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

It's bad that I don't even care about that goal. This team is an absolute disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Xhaka again 3 games 3 goals caused

Ox is a fcukin disgrace strolling around

Soups123 wrote: »
    Xhaka again 3 games 3 goals caused

Ox is a fcukin disgrace strolling around

Yup, get ox off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ox shouldn't be out there. Total liability. Ramsey the same. Monreal shouldn't be on ahead of Mustafi.

Shambles of a club. Total and utter shambles and we all saw it coming.

Lucky Henderson is on the end of that. We are struggling to get in their half.

Ramsey is constantly losing the ball and not even making the smallest of efforts to get back and recover. Constantly leave Xhaka exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Are we actually a professional club worth 2 billion quid??

• Advertisement

Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Really hoping there will be some half time changes

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Really hoping there will be some half time changes

From who??

Wenger... Yer havin' a laff surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

If u didn't know any better you would swear Wenger was trolling the fans. Seems to enjoy doing things out of left field

wonga77 wrote: »
    If u didn't know any better you would swear Wenger was trolling the fans. Seems to enjoy doing things out of left field

I'm half expecting Welbeck to pull off a mask and it's actually Sanogo underneath.

They can constantly have two players sitting in the gap between our midfield and defenders. It's crazy.

Worst half of football ive seen us play in years. this is all Wengers doing with this ridiculous line-up.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Aaron Ramsey is dogshiit. Hes a disgrace of a player today. Useless cuunt.

300th game.

What a career of mediocrity.

Get that fùcking donkey off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I imagined that Mane goal seconds before it happened hahaha so predictable

Too predictable. On that break the Ox didn't go to cut off the man with the ball, nor did he track the man charging down the wing. It's embarrassing.

Think I've seen that goal before

Omg who saw that coming?

Oh yeah everyone except Wenger.

Good job Wenger.

A left back at centre back
    A young CB playing ahead of a fully fit WC winning CB
    A RB at left wing back
    Ox being played after he said he wants to leave this week against the team who wants to sign him.
    Your 50m+ Centre forward dropped for a Danny Welbeck
    Your brand new top class signings on the bench for your first big game
    Players like Ramsey, Xhaka, Ozil, Ox who reek of laziness and casualness that wouldn't be accepted at any other club
    Having just finished 5th Wenger thinks we need to sell more players than we buy to improve

We deserve a fcukin hiding here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The most depressing thing about this is that you could see it coming a mile away. Disgraceful from the team and manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Just what everyone expected joke at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This doesnt even hurt anymore its expected.

Wengers gonna deserve the toxic reaction after this. I'm done feeling sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Basil3 wrote: »
    Too predictable. On that break the Ox didn't go to cut off the man with the ball, nor did he track the man charging down the wing. It's embarrassing.

We are just asking to be beaten. So many spaces to exploit. No team better placed to make the most of it.

Xhaka is getting red carded, his own ****eness will get the better of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wilshere should be playing today. Hes ten times the player Ramsey ever was.

Wengers gonna deserve the toxic reaction after this. I'm done feeling sorry for him.

He nor the club give too fcuks about that. We have enough fans willing to keep lining the pockets of the club.

Stan won't even be watching this match he just sees the bank account

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I don't think I give a fuck anymore. This bunch just suck the joy out of supporting the club.

I'd settle for a tenth place league finish if it meant Wenger leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

From the minute Stan Kroenke was accepted into the club as owner Arsenal were finished as a top club. Usmanov as shady as he is actually wants a successful club who genuinely compete for things.

How many more years is this sh1t going to be accepted? Will it take a mid table finish or worse or what? Disgraceful setup really

x PyRo wrote: »
    I don't think I give a fuck anymore. This bunch just suck the joy out of supporting the club.

Couldn't agree more, Wenger pissed me of before the game even started, anyone could see his team was going to get roasted with that defence. We had options to make it better.

I'm sick of talking about Wenger out its pointless and meaningless he's a fcukin troll running the club and his legacy willingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Soups123 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, Wenger pissed me of before the game even started, anyone could see his team was going to get roasted with that defence. We had options to make it better.

I'm sick of talking about Wenger out its pointless and meaningless he's a fcukin troll running the club and his legacy willingly

Not everybody cares about legacy and stuff like that. For a lot of people it's about the money and not the glory and I'd put Wenger into that category. For what he's earning he's a disgrace but it's a bit like McGregor last night he doesn't give a fcuk. One look at his bank balance and everything is OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tony Pulis would do a better job at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AND there's still posters who defend this fool on here???
    Everyone can see what's happening at the club now surely.

sonic85 wrote: »
    Not everybody cares about legacy and stuff like that. For a lot of people it's about the money and not the glory and I'd put Wenger into that category. For what he's earning he's a disgrace but it's a bit like McGregor last night he doesn't give a fcuk. One look at his bank balance and everything is OK

That's probably about right.

I think Wenger genuinely believes he can still win, there just isn't anyone in the club with the balls to tell him, sorry your done here it's just not there anymore.

It's a bit like the boxer in the ring getting battered the corner will throw in the towel for his own good, someone needs to throw the towel in for Arsene because he'll stand there taking all the hits otherwise

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement