Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

greendom wrote: »
    Holding shouldn't be playing. Then again on today's performance, who should?

We have a team with several who do not want to be there, just take the money. Half the team should not be there, then add a manager who lost it years ago. A recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well thanks Arsene and the boys for giving me 90 minutes of abject misery. Utterly utterly
    hopeless. No idea where we are going to go from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

turning into Phil Jones before our eyes

Phil Jones is solid. He'd walk into yer defence when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    We have a team with several who do not want to be there, just take the money. Half the team should not be there, then add a manager who lost it years ago. A recipe for disaster.

This is pretty much it. All on over inflated salaries including the manager with no expectation to perform. Joke of a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Didn't see the game...just looking at the stats and it says we didn't have a shot on target?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Lucky me.

I think we're playing like crap....do I need to elaborate? :D

I'd like you to elaborate on where you think the club are at the moment with specific reference to the management at the club.

Phil Jones is solid. He'd walk into yer defence when fit.

Perhaps. He's also very clumsy crashing into players - Holding reminds me of him in that regard.

Thanks Chris Wood for giving me something to smile about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Wouldn't been annoyed if we were outclassed and lost the 3 points as a result, but the fact that we all could see the issues with the team selection beforehand and Wenger, the manager, couldn't is an absolute shambles...

Perhaps. He's also very clumsy crashing into players - Holding reminds me of him in that regard.

Yup, if I just forget about the match I just watched, it's been a good sporting weekend. All Blacks had a good win, NZ women won the WRWC, and a kiwi deprived Spurs of a couple of points. :pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd like you to elaborate on where you think the club are at the moment with specific reference to the management at the club.

Clearly it's a shambles. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but Wenger's insistence on playing players out of position, and second rate players in our starting 11 makes no sense.

Laca and Giroud seem to have good chemistry.....no idea why we can't be playing both of them from the start.

• Advertisement

It's as you were with regards to this team of bluffers and their long irrelevant tired old codger of a manager as it has been for quite a while.

They can all just fúck off along with Wenger and Kroenke :mad:

Incompetent, lazy overpaid parasites the lot of them

Wenger obviously has to shoulder 95% of the blame but the players were lacking in effort and seemed to be making wrong decisions at will. What the hell is Bould doing. He should leave if Wenger is not prepared to listen to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think Kos is probably the only Arsenal player I think I like in the squad, and even at that I can recognize his flaws.

Anyone else I really couldn't give a **** if they stay or go.

Pacifico wrote: »
    Didn't see the game...just looking at the stats and it says we didn't have a shot on target?!

you lucky bugger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Was out so didn't see the match but tbh this result was not a surprise. Once Wenger got the extension I had resigned myself to two more years of mediocrity and bad results. Can't see Sanchez staying or Ozil signing a new contract. We're bunched and I cannot see any fix in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Liverpool are the perfect storm to Arsenal.

Quality footballers who play an aggressive, high pressure game. Wengerball doesn't have the smarts or the fight to compete.

Impossible to begrudge the 'Pool one bit they were great.

A huge kick up the ass is needed. Mid table mediocrity beckons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger obviously has to shoulder 95% of the blame but the players were lacking in effort and seemed to be making wrong decisions at will. What the hell is Bould doing. He should leave if Wenger is not prepared to listen to him.
    100% on Wenger.
    They're his players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Couple of years ago, I took a step back from Arsenal, despite living in (a long) walking distance from the emirates. in the last two years, I've moved even closer to the emirates, and have since gone to one game, the Leicester game at the start of this season. Despite the win, I saw nothing there that changed my mind about the team.

Today is another disappointing day, but it's only disappointing in a far off distant way. More than ever, I know that taking a step back from Arsenal was the right choice for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wish to god we never won the FA cup, as Wenger deffo would have got the boot.

Lets call a spade a spade, not only did Liverpool play midweek and still ran us off the park they are not a great side very mediocre which makes us look exactly what we are.....well below even average.

Wengers legacy is going out the window and as much as it is a shame for past glories he deserves everything he gets now.....he would struggle in the championship managing a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Out out out, all of them fúcking out. I can't take this any more!!! Kroenke, Gazidas, Wenger, that whole squad! I eagerly await the day that every last one of them has left the club!

L'prof wrote: »
    Out out out, all of them fúcking out. I can't take this any more!!! Kroenke, Gazidas, Wenger, that whole squad! I eagerly await the day that every last one of them has left the club!
    They are a cancer on the club. Eating it from within.
    I seriously hope the fans show their disdain from now on. It will have to be very vocal and disruptive. This season is a washout anyway as we knew it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wish to god we never won the FA cup.

The FA saved him twice but has sent the club back I don't know how many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

No sign of kolasinic today, whats that about? Been really impressed with him so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

He seems unable to shake that "clumsy" reputation I think it's a bit unfair on him. He's probably not helped by his facial expressions that regularly do the rounds or his poor injury record. When he's fit he's quite a good defender. Hasn't put a foot wrong so far this season. He was solid for a brief few weeks last season as well before getting injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

who still backs wenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wonga77 wrote: »
    No sign of kolasinic today, whats that about? Been really impressed with him so far
    being rested lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Was there any post match interview with Wenger? What was said?

100% on Wenger.
    They're his players.

so you were happy with the effort and performance of the players wearing an Arsenal shirt this afternoon?

Where's the pride? Where did any of them do anything to show they were worth the wages they were getting paid?

Mr Magoo felt we were dominating the game in the second half when they got their third.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11009297/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-blasts-disastrous-performance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He looked tired and shellshocked.

Stated that Arsenal were poor but not to get emotional directly after a result.
    They'd go away and analyse the mistakes and look to rectify. Would not be drawn on transfer market or much else.

Bizarrely said Arsenal dominated parts of the second half even though this was Liverpool setting themselves up to counter by giving Arsenal more possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Things are so toxic right now that I can see Everton finishing above Arsenal. The first 3 games have been appalling. And Arsenal usually start off well and get bad in the winter.

This could be Chelsea of 2015-16 proportion.

He seems unable to shake that "clumsy" reputation I think it's a bit unfair on him. He's probably not helped by his facial expressions that regularly do the rounds or his poor injury record. When he's fit he's quite a good defender. Hasn't put a foot wrong so far this season. He was solid for a brief few weeks last season as well before getting injured.

he clattered unnecessarily into a couple of Leicester forwards yesterday. It'll take a while yet to shake that reputation

so you were happy with the effort and performance of the players wearing an Arsenal shirt this afternoon?

Where's the pride? Where did any of them do anything to show they were worth the wages they were getting paid?
    I believe you know what my point is.
    They are Wenger's team, he bought them, he trains them and he is supposed to have a game-plan for matches like this. He motivates them supposedly.
    He selects the team. He is supposed to play players who are in good form then he picks Welbeck ahead of Lacazette or Giroud. He picks Holden and puts Bellerin on the wrong side.
    Yeah I put it all down to Wenger. He has lost the dressingroom for me and they players are not playing for him. All his own work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

he clattered unnecessarily into a couple of Leicester forwards yesterday. It'll take a while yet to shake that reputation

Ran face first into the shoulder of a Leicester player yesterday...he's a liability to himself and others.

Alexis posted this on Instagram:

wmw0dGG.png?2

Read into it what you will, but if he wants to go, I'd be rid of him. Only way we're going to have any kind of decent season is if we have players that actually want to play. Even if the Ox does stay, he's shown enough today that he's only going through the motions. Compare that to Emre Can who is going through a contract negotiation/dispute at Liverpool, but looks like he wants to be playing.

From now until Thursday will be interesting.

I believe you know what my point is.
    They are Wenger's team, he bought them, he trains them and he is supposed to have a game-plan for matches like this. He motivates them supposedly.
    He selects the team. He is supposed to play players who are in good form then he picks Welbeck ahead of Lacazette or Giroud. He picks Holden and puts Bellerin on the wrong side.
    Yeah I put it all down to Wenger. He has lost the dressingroom for me and they players are not playing for him. All his own work.

whatever the issues the players have with Wenger, they should always give100% out on the field. The way the team was set up was wrong but that was compounded by players failing to track back and constantly making errors. They have to take some of the blame for that. I'm not disputing Wenger is largely to blame.

whatever the issues the players have with Wenger, they should always givec100% out on the field. The way the team was set up was wrong but that was compounded by players failing to track
    Agree BUT I think they are no longer playing for him
    I have a feeling that there's something going on in the club we are not aware of as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger comments again today suggesting things going on in the club. He more than hinted at it last season

What ever the fcuk it is, interference he doesn't want or players causing issues sort the fcukin thing out or fcuk off.

Either say what it is or keep your comments to your fcukin self

Can't stand the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is there anything to be said about a potential corporate sabotage at Arsenal?

We have an under performing manager continuously getting contracts.

We have a large section of the squad that are out of contract at the end of the Year. A really bizarre situation.

Could all of this be to drive the share price at Arsenal down for a takeover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

wawaman wrote: »
    Tomorrow's game reminds me of the old Trafford debacle in 2011. Club in a shambles after a summer of diddering. I pray I'll be wrong

:( :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Soups123 wrote: »
    Wenger comments again today suggesting things going on in the club. He more then hinted st it last season

What ever the fcuk it is, interference he doesn't want or players causing issues sort the fcukin think or fcuk off.

Either say what it is or keep your comments to your fcukin self

Can't stand the man

I wanted him gone last season but would have liked to see him leave on a high. I just want him gone by any means now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

CatInABox wrote: »
    Couple of years ago, I took a step back from Arsenal, despite living in (a long) walking distance from the emirates. in the last two years, I've moved even closer to the emirates, and have since gone to one game, the Leicester game at the start of this season. Despite the win, I saw nothing there that changed my mind about the team.

Today is another disappointing day, but it's only disappointing in a far off distant way. More than ever, I know that taking a step back from Arsenal was the right choice for me.

+1 on the stepping back, I don't follow the rumours, I don't watch this AFTV rubbish, I don't read the rags and most of all I don't listen to a word Mr. Wenger says. I just watch games. Even when I'm being slagged over how bad we are there's literally no defence anymore, we're a poisonous club run by an egomaniac, owned by clowns who treat their fans with utter contempt. I've stopped saying "us" and "we" when talking about Arsenal.

Alexis posted this on Instagram:

wmw0dGG.png?2

Read into it what you will, but if he wants to go, I'd be rid of him. Only way we're going to have any kind of decent season is if we have players that actually want to play. Even if the Ox does stay, he's shown enough today that he's only going through the motions. Compare that to Emre Can who is going through a contract negotiation/dispute at Liverpool, but looks like he wants to be playing.

From now until Thursday will be interesting.

I'd have a different tone. If he has any sense he should leave, completely understand why he doesn't want to be there. If he left for any club now I wouldn't hold it against him.

Can plays for a team and manager that are trying to evolve and improve, I would love to see Arsenal with the passion and drive of Liverpool, it hasn't been seen since Veira and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I have a feeling that there's something going on in the club we are not aware of as yet.
    Is there anything to be said about a potential corporate sabotage at Arsenal?

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Wenger's decisions this season have reached levels of absurdity, in the past you could at least justify some of his playing people out of position, but not playing at least one of Mertesacker, Mustafi and Kolasinac when otherwise you're playing three players out of position in your back line, it defies all logic.

He's stubborn and idealistic, but he's not insane. Is he trying to force movement in the market before the window closes?

I'd have a different tone. If he has any sense he should leave, completely understand why he doesn't want to be there. If he left for any club now I wouldn't hold it against him.

Can plays for a team and manager that are trying to evolve and improve, I would love to see Arsenal with the passion and drive of Liverpool, it hasn't been seen since Veira and co.

I'm saying it based on the fact that the club don't want to let him leave, and he's under contract. Anyone could understand why he wants to leave.

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Wenger's decisions this season have reached levels of absurdity, in the past you could at least justify some of his playing people out of position, but not playing at least one of Mertesacker, Mustafi and Kolasinac when otherwise you're playing three players out of position in your back line, it defies all logic.

He's stubborn and idealistic, but he's not insane. Is he trying to force movement in the market before the window closes?

I'm a bit stupid. How does playing players out of position force movement in the market? Just by making us play even more rubbish? You'd have to be hoping that the players are on board with that plan :D

I'm saying it based on the fact that the club don't want to let him leave, and he's under contract. Anyone could understand why he wants to leave.

For Liverpools second goal he was the only one chasing back out of our midfield and front 3. He works his bollox of got next to nothing today in service, his is one attitude I wouldn't call out.

The club is rotten and that's going to effect the performance of most players on the field including the ones who want to stay or leave

For Liverpools second goal he was the only one chasing back out of our midfield and front 3. He works his bollox of got next to nothing today in service, his is one attitude I wouldn't call out.

The club is rotten and that's going to effect the performance of most players on the field including the ones who want to stay or leave

Not calling out his attitude, just saying if he wants to leave, let him go. No point having him around if he doesn't want to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I'm a bit stupid. How does playing players out of position force movement in the market? Just by making us play even more rubbish? You'd have to be hoping that the players are on board with that plan :D

Managers do that type of thing all the time. Manager wanted to sign X, chairman signs him Y, manager refuses to play Y. Remember Benitez and the couch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement