Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not calling out his attitude, just saying if he wants to leave, let him go. No point having him around if he doesn't want to be.
    He'd be mad to stay. He's intelligent and he knows he'll win nothing at Arsenal under Wenger, just as all the rest knew RVP etc. Sanchez is a trier, he gives his all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Couldn't believe Lacazette wasn't starting , I naively assumed that if you spend €50 million on a striker he'd be starting in a big game.

Wenger seems to have lost the plot completely why in the name of god would you play 352 with an attacking midfielder as a right wing back and a right back as a left wing back.442 or 4231 with the team he put out would have been a far more sensible formation

Xhaka is absolutely useless I didn't realise until 20 minutes in that he was actually playing.As Gary Neville correctly kept on harping on about the lack of effort from Ozil and Ramsey was a disgrace.

I think the best thing for Arsenal could be to have a completely **** season and finish in mid table and it might finally get Wenger out the door, sad to see such a great club in such a poor state relative to where they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not calling out his attitude, just saying if he wants to leave, let him go. No point having him around if he doesn't want to be.

I'd agree with that, id love to keep him but having a player who doesn't want to be there effects the whole squad

Not expecting any real change in the next 4 days

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'd agree with that, id love to keep him but having a player who doesn't want to be there effects the whole squad

Not expecting any real change in the next 4 days

We have several players that dont want to be at Arsenal, several. Who has created this malaise? One Arsene Wenger. If there was any justice he should go....tonight. Pack up and f-off because he has been mediocre far longer than he was a good manager at this stage. The cup was the right time for him to say au revoir and go out on a high with pride restored but greedy ol Arsene will keep clinging to power and that massive contract.

People say Wenger is a good man doesnt deserve this said about him blah blah. Arsene Wenger is a bluffer who is claiming 10 million a year to implement and maintain a culture of losership and mediocrity in the club. Im sick of him. Why the fúck could he not just leave and let the Arsenal fans have their club back? :mad: God knows they pay enough in tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Alexis posted this on Instagram:

wmw0dGG.png?2

Read into it what you will, but if he wants to go, I'd be rid of him. Only way we're going to have any kind of decent season is if we have players that actually want to play. Even if the Ox does stay, he's shown enough today that he's only going through the motions. Compare that to Emre Can who is going through a contract negotiation/dispute at Liverpool, but looks like he wants to be playing.

From now until Thursday will be interesting.

Sanchez was the only player today that showed a bit of heart. He looks hurt and dejected and who can blame him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And the worst thing of all? There's like, nobody out there that would improve us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

keano_afc wrote: »
    And the worst thing of all? There's like, nobody out there that would improve us.

Its attitude that has to change not personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I said it at the time when Klopp was leaving Dortmund and we were EXACTLY the same Arsenal as today that Klopp would have been absolute perfect for us...imagine a manager like that at our club with better resources and more €€ than Liverpool what he would have done.

Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sanchez was the only player today that showed a bit of heart. He looks hurt and dejected and who can blame him.

Was he not laughing on the bench at the end.

Jamie Carragher sums it up nicely and accurately -
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11009369/carragher-arsenal-are-cowards

Just what i've being saying for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

niallo27 wrote: »
    Was he not laughing on the bench at the end.

Think he had a wry smile/laugh while on the bench. Something I definitely didn't like seeing.
    Anyway you said the other day that Liverpool would thrash Arsenal and I criticised you for it. Looks like you were right in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well I won €150 this weekend betting on Floyd so not all bad, that game was as horrendous as most of us thought it'd be though. Salah scoring from an arsenal corner... same shít happening for over a decade now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Not surprised by that result, strap in lads we be having a few more days like this. You can, as already mentioned by a few, that some of the players don't want to be here. For Wenger to think this side doesn't need improving is just another sign of his arrogance and stubbornness. A few people have said he's doing a "self Sabotage" job. I don't see it, it reminds me (if anyone else can remember) of Brian Cloughs last few years at Nott Forrest, a man who best days were behind him but who thought every failing season he could turn it around. Sad really, but he's really burned a lot of bridges with fans that I don't think he ever be forgiven,

I definitely think Mustafi and Ox are out the door come Thursday. I think Wenger will stick with Alexis and Ozil.

Fair play to Liverpool, they really are a good team. Not PL winners but could see them getting top 4 quite easily, Mane really is a top player . But they wont have an easier game then they had today. All the team were rubbish, Xhaka been a stand out. That Xhaka and Ramsey midfield duo won't work. Wenger team selection was rubbish but has been for a year or so.

Can't see Wenger sticking out two more years, I say he be gone by May.

https://twitter.com/ArsenalTSN/status/901853139472719872

Most PL shots on target faced in 2017:
    Sunderland - 133
    ARSENAL - 120
    Watford 117

No other top six side from last season has more than 66. https://t.co/o5QhMl9uv7

Some crazy stats there, especially considering we're generally a team that dominates possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Think he had a wry smile/laugh while on the bench. Something I definitely didn't like seeing.
    Anyway you said the other day that Liverpool would thrash Arsenal and I criticised you for it. Looks like you were right in the end.

Ya you could see it coming in fairness. The way this arsenal team just suits the way Liverpool play. But listen talking about arsenal there are enough good players in that squad to be up there it's just all gone stale under Wenger. Put a klopp or a conte in charge of that squad and you would see a totally different arsenal. It has to happen soon though before it all goes to ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So glad I was in Croke Park today.

Although I did record the match so I might force myself to watch it tonight.

No amount of last minute signings will change anything now. We desperately need a change of direction and that can only be a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We've played 3 games this season, for a manager that has been at the club for 20+ years. We still don't know what formation we are playing. The chaos is widespread

Quazzie wrote: »
    We've played 3 games this season, for a manager that has been at the club for 20+ years. We still don't know what formation we are playing. The chaos is widespread

We had players who cost 130 million sitting on the bench at the start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

omega man wrote: »

No amount of last minute signings will change anything now. We desperately need a change of direction and that can only be a new manager.

Don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Van djik, lemar, mahrez, fabinho, would all improve arsenal but they wont spend the money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

omega man wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and don't.

Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone watching motd? Keown saying Gabriel was the best pound for pound defender at the club & he was allowed to leave

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Anyone watching motd? Keown saying Gabriel was the best pound for pound defender at the club & he was allowed to leave

That's only because they share the same face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gabriel was shít, I've no problem with him being moved on. Mustafi I'd want to see another season from before getting rid, but it sounds like he's not getting on and just wants out.

Since Cazorla got injured we went to shíte in the middle. He was conducting the orchestra. But seriously, if we had Messi at Arsenal we'd probably struggle. People criticising Sanchez today, he didnt get one ball. Welbeck is a terrific athlete but wouldnt finish his dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Today went exactly as expected, sadly. They didn't concede eight but this was worse than Old Trafford because the writing was on the wall even before a ball was kicked; I sincerely believed that Liverpool would pulverise Arsenal today.

The club is in a right bad state. The total lack of leadership from the top down is reflected on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Since Cazorla got injured we went to shíte in the middle. He was conducting the orchestra. But seriously, if we had Messi at Arsenal we'd probably struggle. People criticising Sanchez today, he didnt get one ball. Welbeck is a terrific athlete but wouldnt finish his dinner

People talk about his effort and work rate, but at this level and his age that just doesn't cut it.

Anyone else think that today was a "sabotage" by Wenger?

I know loads of people have totally lost faith in him but **** it even we know that the starting lineup today was ****ed before a ball got kicked.

My only reasoning (read hope) is that the board are telling Wenger that we have enough good players like Welbeck and Ox and that Holding is mature enough to start and Wenger just sent them out there today to make it plainly obvious that we need signings before the window closes.

Even if Sanchez was out there with them, maybe it's Wenger's way of saying "see, even our best player can't do **** with this dross and if you sell him how ****ed are we going to be?".

At least I hope this is the case because in my mind there can be no other reasoning other than Wenger is trying to prove a point and promote action/investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Our beloved club is f****d. I told a friend who supports Pool today that they would win 4-0. He laughed, then he saw I was serious. I should have gone to the f****ng bookmakers, but typical of the **** weekend I just had. That was just abysmal.

My youngest fella wants to support Pool. I've resisted it for months. I think I'll let my son get his wish and let him support Pool, it will break my heart, but at least he won't have the heartbreak of a club like we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's only because they share the same face

It was an interesting comment I though

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    Our beloved club is f****d. I told a friend who supports Pool today that they would win 4-0. He laughed, then he saw I was serious. I should have gone to the f****ng bookmakers, but typical of the **** weekend I just had. That was just abysmal.

My youngest fella wants to support Pool. I've resisted it for months. I think I'll let my son get his wish and let him support Pool, it will break my heart, but at least he won't have the heartbreak of a club like we have.

We made them look like Brazil 1970 today. A team that shipped three goals to Watford with Jordan f**kin Henderson and our shower of cowardly ditch rabbits made them look out of this world :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That's between yoursel and your son but what have they won in that last 10 years that fills you with so much optimism for their future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Interesting that keown had that much faith in Gabriel. I'd have alot of respect for keown so his opinion should hold some water. We could badly do with a warrior of his ilk now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jesus Christ suck it up will you... don't inflict that on a child... 4/5 good games a year and you think they will do any more than a few flair games? they will be ****ed by Christmas then realism sets in for the pool

jesus Christ suck it up will you... don't inflict that on a child... 4/5 good games a year and you think they will do any more than a few flair games? they will be ****ed by Christmas then realism sets in for the pool

As opposed to us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

L'prof wrote: »
    That's between yoursel and your son but what have they won in that last 10 years that fills you with so much optimism for their future?

What you won or didnt win 8 years ago has no bearing on your current team or the current situation at a club. Anything past 2-3 years or so doesn't matter. How have Arsenal progressed as a club in the last two-three years? How has Liverpool? Thats what matters. They are improving. Arsenal are not.

Liverpool are in the Champions League. Arsenal are not.
    Liverpool have a manager with a career ahead of him. Arsenal do not.
    Liverpool actually look like a team is being built. Arsenal do not.

It gives me little pleasure in saying that as most Liverpool fans are truly, truly insufferable both online and in real life....but it's true.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all rosy at Liverpool. They have zero squad depth, Jordan Henderson is still a shocking player and their defense is vulnerable......but let's be real here. They had a better year than Arsenal last year and it looks like they will have a better year this time round.

This isn't about 1 game. Only a fool would think that. This is how both clubs trajectory looks. Arsenal are still better off than about 13 other clubs in the premier league and it's not all doom and gloom......but certainly not a club on the up.

It's a club in stagnation. The manager needs to go. A new contract was a collossal f*ck-up.

• Advertisement

I'm obviously not running enough of a dictatorship in my house. I didn't know we could force the club they choose upon them. What happens if they refuse? Do I have to kick a 6 year old out of the house? :D

For the record, I'm a kiwi, and my kids support Ireland over the all blacks, despite me drilling into them that the all blacks are the best team in the world from the day they were born. I really feel like I'm failing as a parent.

I'm in the exact same boat except he wants to support United. Lately I've been hiding when the matches are on so that he doesn't see Arsenal play. I'm genuinely at a loss about how to tell him supporting Arsenal is worth it. I know there will always be good days and bad days, but supporting Arsenal at the moment is torture, and I'm not even sure I'd want to subject him to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

My eldest supports United, my next Arsenal. I had no interest in pushing either of them to Arsenal same with my final prodigy who is 2.5. The middle lad is the only reason I go see Arsenal now, and the eldest had me going to OT for years.

What you gain from multi team support in the family home is a more palatable excuse to the missus to watch more soccer and good banter with the kids when the games are on.

Let him go with what he/she wants you'll have craic either way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

It's actually sad the state were in

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soups123 wrote: »
    My eldest supports United, my next Arsenal. I had no interest in pushing either of them to Arsenal same with my final prodigy who is 2.5. The middle lad is the only reason I go see Arsenal now, and the eldest had me going to OT for years.

What you gain from multi team support in the family home is a more palatable excuse to the missus to watch more soccer and good banter with the kids when the games are on.

Let him go with what he/she wants you'll have craic either way

Yeah no point trying to make them pick a certain team. I'm pretty sure I chose Arsenal because my family were all pushing either United or Liverpool and I said screw the lot of ye. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Liverpool bidding €80m for Lemar. It just gets worse and worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just reading reports that de Boar is in danger of being fired after just 3 games at Crystal Palace yet our Manager stays on despite a catalogue of bad performances and quite frankly bizarre decisions at this stage. I am really at a loss here as to what is exactly going on at Arsenal. Until people start to vote with their wallets this isn't going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Oh man that's tough. I guess like my own son a lot of his mates support pool.

My eldest boy is 10 and supports arsenal and there's not many (if any!) other gooner supporters in his school or his football team (which even has a couple of spurs fans).

He's sticking with us for now but I can see he's probably only doing it for my sake and It's getting harder and harder to keep him interested. However I've told him he can never support pool or Utd as long as he's living in my house so that's that nipped in the bud!!

Let's face it most other kids only support pool because of dads or family members influence, not because they're good or winning stuff. Put your foot down is my suggestion or at least offer an alternative like City :-)

At least tell him to wait, I hear next year is their year.

I'm obviously not running enough of a dictatorship in my house. I didn't know we could force the club they choose upon them. What happens if they refuse? Do I have to kick a 6 year old out of the house? :D

For the record, I'm a kiwi, and my kids support Ireland over the all blacks, despite me drilling into them that the all blacks are the best team in the world from the day they were born. I really feel like I'm failing as a parent.

Didnt know you were a kiwi. From now on when i read your posts I'll leave the vowels out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Didnt know you were a kiwi. From now on when i read your posts I'll leave the vowels out :)

or just change them, a tent becomes a tint for example :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Or ask him to sound from one to sex.

Would love to know WTF is going on at the club. There is more to this than just poor management by Wenger. He's not that bad a manager. There is def something going on behind the scenes. I hope it's that the yanks are on the way out. Wishful thinking, I know!!!

Oh the delusion of this clown knows no bounds.
    Feck off out of our club now.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41069081

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Would love to know WTF is going on at the club. There is more to this than just poor management by Wenger. He's not that bad a manager. There is def something going on behind the scenes.

There ain't even anything leaking from the club (aside from goals :D ), its all very strange. If the manager has lost the players then the news would filter out to the press ala Leicester last season. Maybe the Board decided that Wenger wasn't going to get a new deal but Kronke overruled so now Wenger is isolated at the club? Is the confusion over player contracts and the lack of signings some sort of play from people at the club?

I don't have a clue, I'm just throwing ideas out there but you are right SOMETHING very very strange is going on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement