Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

Or ask him to sound from one to sex.

Confusing my accent with an Australian one is where i draw the line :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There ain't even anything leaking from the club (aside from goals :D ), its all very strange. If the manager has lost the players then the news would filter out to the press ala Leicester last season. Maybe the Board decided that Wenger wasn't going to get a new deal but Kronke overruled so now Wenger is isolated at the club? Is the confusion over player contracts and the lack of signings some sort of play from people at the club?

I don't have a clue, I'm just throwing ideas out there but you are right SOMETHING very very strange is going on.
    Someone has to explain why our two new signings were on the bench and why our CB's were not playing yet our defenders were nearly all switched out of position this season. Why were two CB's let go when we already needed reinforcements there? Why is Wenger still at this great club and being allowed drag it down to unbelievable debts?
    Something stinks at Arsenal and has been going on for some time.

H0KP1H9.jpg

Not sure which other players have said anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gandalf wrote: »
    Just reading reports that de Boar is in danger of being fired after just 3 games at Crystal Palace yet our Manager stays on despite a catalogue of bad performances and quite frankly bizarre decisions at this stage. I am really at a loss here as to what is exactly going on at Arsenal. Until people start to vote with their wallets this isn't going to change.

Given the lack of protests or visible empty seats, am I correct in assuming that the majority of match going fans remain solidly behind Wenger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

emmetlego wrote: »
    Would love to know WTF is going on at the club. There is more to this than just poor management by Wenger. He's not that bad a manager. There is def something going on behind the scenes. I hope it's that the yanks are on the way out. Wishful thinking, I know!!!

Has Usmanov offered so much money that Kroenke has finally decided to sell.
    Thus Wenger is not going to get any more cash to spend until the deal is done?

They'll be very busy if they post after every game they've been rubbish in.
    They need to start performing on the field and not on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Has Usmanov offered so much money that Kroenke has finally decided to sell.
    Thus Wenger is not going to get any more cash to spend until the deal is done?

If it means Kroenke is gone I would happily write off this season completely.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Something is going on within the club, but I expect no change.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Something is going on within the club, but I expect no change.

The fans need to start marching in huge numbers on the stadium and protesting loudly during matches to ensure change. They have to make themselves seen and heard.
    Nothing like bad publicity to get change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not sure which other players have said anything

Ere there is NO WAY Ozil wrote that, that's all Arsenal FC PR. It's too structured and has a flow to it that Ozil aint gonna have with the English language. It reads as someone in the club wrote it for him.

• Advertisement

Someone has to explain why our two new signings were on the bench and why our CB's were not playing yet our defenders were nearly all switched out of position this season. Why were two CB's let go when we already needed reinforcements there? Why is Wenger still at this great club and being allowed drag it down to unbelievable debts?
    Something stinks at Arsenal and has been going on for some time.

We both know Arsene ain't in the business of explaining his decisions to anybody. Remember when he got criticized for making a weird sub last season and he claimed to have made 10,000 substitutions in his career and he wasn't going to explain his decisions.

I wish I could Tayto, but I'm completely at a loss. Even the pundits, good and bad can't explain it. There's no reasoning behind what Wenger does anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ere there is NO WAY Ozil wrote that, that's all Arsenal FC PR. It's too structured and has a flow to it that Ozil aint gonna have with the English language. It reads as someone in the club wrote it for him.

I think it's his own PR rather than Arsenal's . Hopefully he had input into the content, and his PR worked on the delivery.

Think Ramsey apologised to the fans as well.

EDIT: Of course apologies aren't going to cut it. An improvement in performance and attitude is all that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I've already written off the season. I know it sounds pessimistic/non supportive etc after just three games. However yesterday's performance was disgusting, from the manager to the players. Wtf have they been doing in training all week? Had a whole week to prepare and bounce back from a defeat.

When Wenger signed that new two year deal, he had to start the following season well and yet we have lost 2/3 and could easily have lost to Leicester as well.
    The team looked and played like a bunch of strangers and I'm convinced some incident has happened during the week at training that hasn't been leaked. A clear divide in that squad by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

This is ground hog day over and over again, the manager is gone past his sell by date and that's how things are so rotten and the team is poor, arsene can't be sacked at this stage and who would replace him now that the season has started,
    The players are fed up with the way they are asked to play with so many changes all the time and so many poor players milking big money, does anybody really want ox, ozil,Walcott,debauchy, Wiltshire and some of the other dead wood, the only player wanted is Alex and really Santi has being a huge loss.
    Hard to be a gunners fan at the moment and when you watch the dubs with the huge heart and desire and watch our over paid wasters very hard to take,
    How many of the present crop would play under George graham as manager!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basil3 wrote: »
    Confusing my accent with an Australian one is where i draw the line :D

I'm sure he meant from one to tin :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Given the lack of protests or visible empty seats, am I correct in assuming that the majority of match going fans remain solidly behind Wenger?

I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41074679

BBC are saying Liverpool are going to bid 60 million for Thomas Lamar today.

If they get him there's going to be riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Just imagine the chaos in here if our old friend mansize was on defending Wenger :-) :-) At least we're all singing from the same hymn sheet these days. It's funny, but I thought I was beyond anger for the performances over the last few years and thought I'd become more apathetic to it all, but as I watched last Sunday unfold, I became more and more angry. I didn't think I had that in me anymore. Wenger seems to find new ways to p1ss me off with every passing game and press conference.

So this season is now written off for me. Do a big clear out of the dross, If Alexis wants out, let him go. Same with Ox and Mustafi. Let them off, and bring in a new manager before January and meantime we can blood some of our upcoming talent to fill the gaps. Nelson looks like he can fill in for Alexis, as can Iwobi.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41074679

BBC are saying Liverpool are going to bid 60 million for Thomas Lamar today.

If they get him there's going to be riots.

If Liverpool sign Lemar then it shows how ineffective Arsenal and Wenger are in the transfer market.
    Pool have also today agreed terms with Keita.
    No messing with Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

New players are not the issue at Arsenal football club. I dont give a toss what we do or dont do before the window shuts. The problems at the club are not solvable by new playing personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No messing with Klopp.

Likes to get his business done early. Starting for 2018 already.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    New players are not the issue at Arsenal football club. I dont give a toss what we do or dont do before the window shuts. The problems at the club are not solvable by new playing personnel.

This.

Though I think me need a slight change in personnel but I'd much rather a change of manager.

We have sold or put up for sale several players like Perez, Gabriel, Mustafi, Gibbs and a few on the fringes. We are due to lose Ox and probably Sanchez and Ozil who likely won't sign new contracts.
    The players who are remaining are not playing for the manager as is obviously from recent displays. They clearly don't believe in him. 9 are out of contract next summer and 8 the summer after.
    We should be getting wholesale changes to the Board, manager and staff BUT as usual we won't. We are in deep sh1t. Watch things get a lot worse before anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This.

Though I think me need a slight change in personnel but I'd much rather a change of manager.

We had personnel changes this summer.

Both of them sat on the bench in the biggest game of the season.

Apparently Mustafi is going to Inter on loan ? If true it's completely bonkers.

Club is going from bad to worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I actually don't want us to buy someone before the window shuts because Wenger has wasted enough of the club's money. I'd rather the money be kept for the next manager.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I actually don't want us to buy someone before the window shuts because Wenger has wasted enough of the club's money. I'd rather the money be kept for the next manager.

Well we are going to have to buy some players at some stage over the next 2 years. I'm not expecting any movements and don't care if we do try sign anyone, the team is beyond saving.

Well we are going to have to buy some players at some stage over the next 2 years. I'm not expecting any movements and don't care if we do try sign anyone, the team is beyond saving.
    Indeed. If lads think the rot will suddenly stop then they're sadly mistake. We're just at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Breaking on SSN guys that Ox to Chelsea is done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

We understand Chelsea have agreed a fee with Arsenal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. The 24-year old is currently with the England squad at St George’s Park.

It’s thought that large parts of his medical could be carried out at England’s training centre. The clubs are yet to confirm the development but it’s our understanding that an agreement between the two clubs has been reached this afternoon.

The fee is believed to be around £35m.-

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Good luck to him, glad we're not stuck with him on ridiculous wages though, he is an average player. Why the hell was he included yesterday if this deal was being done?

• Advertisement

Good luck to him, glad we're not stuck with him on ridiculous wages though, he is an average player. Why the hell was he included yesterday if this deal was being done?

Maybe Wenger was hoping he'd get injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Absolutely staggering that this happened. The guy didnt even try. Another damning indictment of our "manager"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

This.

We had personnel changes this summer.

Both of them sat on the bench in the biggest game of the season.
    Lol

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The supposed best left wing back in the bundesliga last season sits on the bench and our first choice right back plays on the left in the biggest game of the season thus far to accommodate a want away squad player who literally leaves te club the following day. Are we supposed to believe Wenger believed Ox would stay if he did this or what? :D

I bet he does well at Chelsea. Nice one improving a rival club

He doesn't improve them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

He's been average at best..so not bothered...He might start well.

This season is beginning to look like a write-off. Mad to think I had a degree of optimism coming into it.

We won't lose much with Ox leaving. The only worry is that he will start to fulfill his potential elsewhere.

Odd selections yesterday in many departments of the team.
    Does Wenger know what's going on? Is he with it at all?
    He bought 2 players in the window and played neither. He bought Perez, hardly played him, and then sold him again at a loss. He's swapping players for positions they don't play too. Does he need a medical examination?

• Advertisement

Then who's gonna play at RB?

Then who's gonna play at RB?

Mahrez or Lemar I suppose? Perhaps Mbappe if he hadn't gone to PSG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would say Wenger didn't want to sell him and the board pushed it through, could be a sign of a fracture in the relationship (I dunno it's all very strange!). Glad Chamberlain is gone in recent times he flattered to deceive and now if we could only off load Walcott as well and then for Arsene to get the flick and Christmas will have come early for us all.

I suppose the only silver lining of yesterday is that it ends the false hope we all have of a good season early. I already let my membership elapse so at this stage I am prepared to walk away from supporting this shower totally and just enjoy football for football.

I would say Wenger didn't want to sell him and the board pushed it through, could be a sign of a fracture in the relationship (I dunno it's all very strange!). Glad Chamberlain is gone in recent times he flattered to deceive and now if we could only off load Walcott as well and then for Arsene to get the flick and Christmas will have come early for us all.

I suppose the only silver lining of yesterday is that it ends the false hope we all have of a good season early. I already let my membership elapse so at this stage I am prepared to walk away from supporting this shower totally and just enjoy football for football.
    I will always support this club.
    If the present events bring Wenger's tenure at the club to a quick end then I'm happy enough to endure the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Net spend

Under a different manager and set up. Who knows what ox can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Absolute disgrace that Oxlade-chamberlain was on the pitch yesterday when they knew he was going to be sold. Especially when he was incorporated into the side by putting Bellerin out of position at left wing back, all the while an actual left back is on the bench.
    What exactly is Wenger doing? If we weren't Arsenal fans we would all be looking in at this club and laughing at the state of it. Absolute joke shop.

So why did Wenger sign a new contract then?

I will always support this club.
    If the present events bring Wenger's tenure at the club to a quick end then I'm happy enough to endure the pain.

I've supported them since 1981 but tbh at this stage given the absolute disrespect they have shown the fans with Wengers contract extension I honestly don't think I can take much more.

And the realistic situation is he will be seeing out that contract unless something really drastic happens like relegation this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Genuine Question

Is this Sky One, are we the fan base of Dream Team.

It's the only thing making sense.

So why did Wenger sign a new contract then?

Your guess is as good as mine, I mean it was set up perfectly for him to walk away at the end of last season with the winning of the FA Cup and saving some of his legacy and reputation. Three games into this one and the sh!te has hit the fan.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement