Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal have agreed on a fee of £35 million for Ox. That makes the decision to play him yesterday even more bonkers, what the hell is going on at all?

jp0st.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I don't think Walcott has been mismanaged at all. It's just a fact that he's a very poor footballer. Wenger has been way too kind and lenient with Walcott, while he seems to have been ruthless with Perez and Campbell who are better footballers than Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't think Walcott has been mismanaged at all. It's just a fact that he's a very poor footballer. Wenger has been way too kind and lenient with Walcott, while he seems to have been ruthless with Perez and Campbell who are better footballers than Walcott.

He and Welbeck be offered on a 2 for the price of 1 basis. Both offer nothing.
    When we're clearing out then lets ship out all the duds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

wonga77 wrote: »
    Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal have agreed on a fee of £35 million for Ox. That makes the decision to play him yesterday even more bonkers, what the hell is going on at all?

jp0st.jpg

Nothing should surprise you with Wenger. Sure he played Nasri against Liverpool a few days before he joined City. You could tell OX didn't want to be there yesterday.

I saw a Jim White tweet saying that OX preferred choice is Liverpool. He certainly helped them yesterday with his performance. Clearly he won't be playing Centre midfield at Chelsea, he has a chance at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Walcott ox and Wiltshire overhyped English players. I would give Chelsea the three of em for 35 mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

How many other young players has he done this to, Campbell, iwobi, etc

Carlos Vela. Scored a hat-trick in a league cup game then sidelined to be "protected".

Despite the reputation, Wenger actually has a terrible record with young players. He inherited an old squad, did well, replaced them guys who were mid 20s and succeeded, then went for youth and that's where everything dried up.

Imagine Wenger had Rashford. He would have been hidden away after his debut.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Walcott ox and Wiltshire overhyped English players. I would give Chelsea the three of em for 35 mil

That English core thing is another failure to add to many Wenger has had. I'm amazed that Chelsea and Liverpool want OX, he could improve under them but probably more then likely won't. But a lot of English players are overpriced.

Walcott will stay until his contract runs down, won't be leaving that big money behind. Wilshire if he leaves Arsenal the only way is down, clearly wants to give it one more go. But you can tell the love for Arsenal isn't as bright as it was for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Whatever about Walcott and Ox been poor for us the imposter Aaron Ramsey has been nothing short of a disgrace for us. This is a lad who had the world at his feet a few seasons ago, what has happened to him at all? I would have Wilshere ahead of him at least Jack has a bit of bite and will give it his all.

Carlos Vela. Scored a hat-trick in a league cup game then sidelined to be "protected".

Despite the reputation, Wenger actually has a terrible record with young players. He inherited an old squad, did well, replaced them guys who were mid 20s and succeeded, then went for youth and that's where everything dried up.

He went with lightweight and easy on the eye. No leaders, bullies or tough tackling hard cases. Anyone who questions him is out the door, so until he goes you won't see a real leader as captain.

He was handed a team that wasn't exactly a write off either, one of the best back five in English football. Two top attacking players in Wright and Bergkamp, throw in Ray Parlour too who never let you down. So he was give a good squad too.

Compared to Ali or Sterling they are rubbish the 3 of em

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Whatever about Walcott and Ox been poor for us the imposter Aaron Ramsey has been nothing short of a disgrace for us. This is a lad who had the world at his feet a few seasons ago, what has happened to him at all? I would have Wilshere ahead of him at least Jack has a bit of bite and will give it his all.

He performs like a mad man for Wales. But at Arsenal doesn't give it as much wellie. You always get the sense he's playing for himself not the team, he so badly wants a Real or Barca to come in for him. He's lived on that one season when he looked world class ever since. I do think players who aren't great players can have that one season when everything goes right for them, think that happened to Ramsey.

You can't blame Sanchez for wanting to leave a squad of wasters, I don't especially after yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

As someone said earlier the solution to our problem is not the transfer market no matter who we signed before Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Looper007 wrote: »
    He performs like a mad man for Wales. But at Arsenal doesn't give it as much wellie. You always get the sense he's playing for himself not the team, he so badly wants a Real or Barca to come in for him. He's lived on that one season when he looked world class ever since. I do think players who aren't great players can have that one season when everything goes right for them, think that happened to Ramsey.

Ramsey is not a holding midfielder and should not be played there. Ever. He has not got the discipline to play there.

He is a central attacking midfielder who should be playing behind the strikers and ghosting into the box late. Martin Keown said yesterday that he is a number 10 being asked to play like Kante or Vieira.

He is not being utilised correctly by Wenger.
    But is that really a surprise.

Reading Wengers comments about off field problems

Looking at Ramsey's comments

Looking at the Sanchez 'deeply loves Arsenal' comments

The lack of any update on Ozil

I really think there is an off field situation going on in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Jesus not this draxler **** again

Ramsey is not a holding midfielder and should not be played there. Ever. He has not got the discipline to play there.

He is a central attacking midfielder who should be playing behind the strikers and ghosting into the box late. Martin Keown said yesterday that he is a number 10 being asked to play like Kante or Vieira.

I dont disagree but the performance or lack of one he put in yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. Its not rocket science to play in midfield whether its a defensive role or higher up the field. Look at Liverpools first goal hes up in there half talking to somebody on the sidelines absolutely comical stuff really. Sick of people making excuses for our players who dont give a toss about the jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

FixitFelix wrote: »
    He witnessed?? He was part of it, and all this going to his knees and acting like it hurts him more and then smiling on the bench. And others who say he deserves better, he was a bench warmer at Barca when we picked him up we owe him nothing.

Also thank **** ox is going can he take Walcott?
    Agreed his reputation has been enhanced since joining Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Agree fully. Him and Ozil should never be played together. It's a complete imbalance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Monaco are adamant that Lemar will not be sold.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agree fully. Him and Ozil should never be played together. It's a complete imbalance.

Arsenal have 3 natural number 10's in the squad, Cazorla, Ozil and Ramsey.

And they have all played together at times.

Madness.

Shoehorning all these attacking players into one midfield will not work if you take a player out of their best position. I'll give an example of how it doesn't work from another clubs example.

When Van Gaal took over Barcelona for the second time, he moved Riquelme from the playmaker role and put him out on the wing. He declined rapidly. He went to Villarreal and was put in the playmaker role by Pellegrini. He thrived and was one of the catalysts for Villarreal getting to the Champions League semi-final.

Apply this with Ozil and see what has happened to him. From an exceptional player at Real playing as the playmaker to as he is now. A frustrating player with just flashes of brilliance.

Cazorla is probably the only one of the three that can play on the wing because he did so at Recre, Villarreal and at times even at Malaga. But he always looked better in Spain in the number 10, playmaker role.

I'll go back further and say that Arshavin was another number 10 that was played out of position most of the time by Wenger and put on the wing. At Zenit he was brilliant as a playmaker. At Arsenal he flattered to deceive.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Reading Wengers comments about off field problems

Looking at Ramsey's comments

Looking at the Sanchez 'deeply loves Arsenal' comments

The lack of any update on Ozil

I really think there is an off field situation going on in the club.

Definitely. But it's hard to know which members of the Board are against Wenger or what is actually going on.
    Gazidis promised change but there is none. He also asked the fans to unite behind the team and stop protesting.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4653770/Arsenal-chief-Ivan-Gazidis-promises-quality-signings.html
    Then he asks them to unite behind Wenger -
    http://www.punditarena.com/football/dnewman/opinion-arsenal-chiefs-unite-comments-something-more-than-desperation/

So we know who's side he's on.

I think Usmanov is the man who is pushing for change and he's on his own.
    He's probably buying up small shareholders shares in attempt to gain control..

Wenger has always supported Kronke and imo continues to support him.
    Wenger is a money man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

greendom wrote: »
    Monaco are adamant that Lemar will not be sold.

All top clubs: "Let's test that with a 50,60,70 million bid"

Arsenal: "Grand, sorry for bothering you"

Definitely. But it's hard to know which members of the Board are against Wenger or what is actually going on.
    Gazidis promised change but there is none. He also asked the fans to unite behind the team and stop protesting.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4653770/Arsenal-chief-Ivan-Gazidis-promises-quality-signings.html
    Then he asks them to unite behind Wenger -
    http://www.punditarena.com/football/dnewman/opinion-arsenal-chiefs-unite-comments-something-more-than-desperation/

So we know who's side he's on.

I think Usmanov is the man who is pushing for change and he's on his own.
    He's probably buying up small shareholders shares in attempt to gain control..

Wenger has always supported Kronke and imo continues to support him.
    Wenger is a money man.

I just don't know, Usmanov buying up shares doesn't explain us selling first team players, not being active in the market and the team Wenger put out yesterday.

If Usmanov was sniffing Stan wouldn't risk selling players and not purchasing, fuelling the fire and putting the fans on Usmanovs side

I think Gazidas and Wenger are together I'm just not sure who they are with

I just don't know, Usmanov buying up shares doesn't explain us selling first team players, not being active in the market and the team Wenger put out yesterday.

If Usmanov was sniffing Stan wouldn't risk selling players and not purchasing, fuelling the fire and putting the fans on Usmanovs side

I think Gazidas and Wenger are together I'm just not sure who they are with
    But surely selling the players suits neither side it just exposes them to blame, both Kronke and Usmanov and it undermines Wenger too. I can't get my hear around it at all. There is a lot of damage being done to the club.

But surely selling the players suits neither side it just exposes them to blame, both Kronke and Usmanov and it undermines Wenger too. I can't get my hear around it at all. There is a lot of damage being done to the club.

My thinking is Kronke won't spend, won't pay the demands of Sanchez and is telling Wenger he needs to sell players from the squad. Wenger showed him what the players are like Kronke things are good enough by playing them Saturday

I don't know, it's all guessing games

My thinking is Kronke won't spend, won't pay the demands of Sanchez and is telling Wenger he needs to sell players from the squad. Wenger showed him what the players are like Kronke things are good enough by playing them Saturday

I don't know, it's all guessing games
    Well that was suggested in an article in May. It's a bit long but worth a read. -
    And so it came to pass. For the first time in 21 years, Arsenal and Arsene Wenger have missed out on the top four and will no longer be participating in a competition they only genuinely competed for once throughout that entire period.
    Wenger has lost the club £50m and isn’t a good enough manager to win the Europa League, so there is very little chance of Arsenal clawing back a substantial amount of that income.
    As expected, power has been restored to the big Premier League clubs with Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea all improving considerably under new management, albeit still plenty of room for further growth. Despite finishing the season potless, Tottenham have been superb and Man Utd will have had a decent season if they manage to win the Europa League.
    Wenger is finished as a manager and Arsenal are finished as a top four club for as long as he hangs around like a bad smell. Arsenal are in deterioration and a much bigger mess now than when the Frenchman first joined.
    His predecessor, Bruce Rioch left behind the best back five in Europe and world-class players such as Platt, Bergkamp and Wright. Things were not perfect, but the club was back on the up after George Graham took his eye off the ball and left the club somewhat under a cloud.
    Currently, Arsenal are on a slippery slope and only have two players that can remotely be categorised as world-class, Alexis Sanchez and (arguably) Mesut Ozil. With only one year left on what is likely to be their final big contract, if either player has any ambition about them they will surely leave Arsenal this summer.
    Wenger may publicly insist that Sanchez and Ozil have to see out their remaining year, but let’s get real. Without Champions League football, the club is going to suffer enough of a financial downturn without attempting to hold on to these players against their will and lose out on a prospective £80-100m in transfer fees.
    Needless to say, Arsenal does not look like a club with a particularly bright future right now. No longer able to offer Champions League football and with five Premier League clubs, plus a host of others around Europe, looking far more attractive options for any high-profile player to join, replacing players of Sanchez and/or Ozil’s quality looks an impossible feat for any manager in the short term.
    On the other hand, in the unlikely event that Sanchez and/or Ozil do choose to stay, the club is similarly stuffed. In order to meet their salary demands, the club will not be able to afford enough purchases to improve the squad in any meaningful way without breaking Premier League salary cap rules - even though a string of players are likely to be removed from the wage bill.
    What most people fail to understand is that there is no point Kroenke, or a new owner, pumping extra investment into the club to buy the ‘world-class’ players the club supposedly needs because the salary cap would only prevent the acquisition of said players.
    The question everybody now wants to know is, who will the club turn to in order to rebuild the mess that Arsene Wenger has left? Owner Stan Kroenke has three options. Option one is to sell the club while its stock remains high. He is sitting on a huge profit, but denied access to the big money league and with massive commercial deals like Puma and The Emirates (next year) due for renewal, Arsenal’s reconfigured status is sure to hit the company’s valuation hard.
    Meanwhile, if Kroenke thinks club level supporters are going to continue paying the highest ticket prices in Europe to entertain corporate guests for Europa League football and sustained Premier League mediocrity, then he’s in the wrong business. Indeed, prices are being reduced as we speak, but it’s doubtful that will be enough to avoid a significant downturn in revenues.
    Option two is to sack Wenger in the hope of retaining Sanchez and Ozil. CEO Ivan Gazidis would then be charged with trying to sell them the future by appointing a new high-profile manager and restructuring the club.
    The third option is to keep Wenger in his seat, thus guaranteeing statis, or worse, and a further deterioration of the supporters’ trust that will only intensify the counter-productive atmosphere and ever-increasing ill-feeling towards the owner.
    For Wenger’s part, the decent and logical thing for him to now do would be to admit his fundamental flaws and walk. However, this man’s ego, arrogance and incompetence are unparalleled. This is not the same person that walked through Highbury’s marbled halls in 1996. His early success has disfigured him, creating a monstrous, loathsome hypocrite who has abused his privilege and persistently tried to manipulate the discourse in order to retain power, status and wealth.
    A manager that should be revered by supporters as one of the club’s true greats has been reduced, in my eyes, to a surreptitious coward that only elicits feelings of contempt and revulsion.
    Failure is certainly no disgrace, it’s how you fail and how you respond to it. Drunk on his dictatorial power and ego, Wenger refuses to shoulder a single drop of responsibility or accountability, that much is clear, but how will the board view things? The forthcoming FA Cup Final seems like a mere distraction compared to some of the big decisions that need to be made that will no-doubt be imperative to the club’s long-term future.
    Personally, I believe that non-Champions League qualification has changed the ballpark considerably. One can only guess at what might happen over the coming months, but walking away with a hefty profit must surely seem an attractive option to Kroenke at this point in time, particularly as that money could be used to help restore his reportedly failing business franchises elsewhere.
    As for Wenger, his overblown ego comes first and he’ll do whatever he believes is best for him, not the club. I’m pretty sure that even if Wenger is offered a new contract by the board, he will require clarity on Ozil and Sanchez’s futures before committing. Should they want out, suddenly Arsenal looks a horribly unattractive short-term prospect for any high-profile manager, and Wenger may therefore decide to shift the blame and skulk off to PSG or whatever other club is stupid enough to get saddled with him.

Note: Arsenal Truth is now on Twitter @TruthArsenal.

Hopefully the option of cashing out and using Wenger to keep the ship steadyish in the meantime is Stans play. Maybe Wenger has just copped on he is being used and the funds have been dried up and that's part of the internal fcukery.

It's s fcukin mess

• Advertisement

So what do we know.

We know that Gazidas was set against AW getting a new contract, we know that a good portion of the board were too, but that Kronke over-ruled the lot of them. Gazidas stayed on. We know the players know there is a huge amount going on with power struggles. We know that we will lose some 1st team players that won't be replaced.

The consequences of all this is that, the public who pay huge amounts of money into the club through merchandise and season tickets etc, are the poor fools. We are the ones who need to make a stand. Kronke needs to f*ck off and so does Arsene, despite the respect I have for him. We need to reboot. I saw a great tweet this morning. "Can somebody turn Arsenal off, and back on again"? It's bananas. Our once great club is crumbling. I'm desperately saddened by this.

Hopefully the option of cashing out and using Wenger to keep the ship steadyish in the meantime is Stans play. Maybe Wenger has just copped on he is being used and the funds have been dried up and that's part of the internal fcukery.

It's s fcukin mess
    It sure means that no more players are coming in and the players being sold are to balance the books.
    A truly sorry state of affairs.

It sure means that no more players are coming in and the players being sold are to balance the books.
    A truly sorry state of affairs.

Actually, we'll have a transfer surplus. Dreadful.

DT said yesterday that Wenger's contract reportedly increased by an extra 2m per annum. A disgrace if true. Rewarding mediocrity. It goes on alot in football tbf but Arsenal seem to benchmark mediocrity.

DT said yesterday that Wenger's contract reportedly increased by an extra 2m per annum.

Who's DT? What insight would he know?

Whos Wengers potential successor? Jaysus even Big Sam would do a better job at motivating them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

DT is one of the talking heads from Arsenal Fan TV. In fairness to him, I think he's got a lot more going on upstairs than the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Whos Wengers potential successor? Jaysus even Big Sam would do a better job at motivating them :pac:

I think Big Sam would be an excellent choice. A great defensive organiser.

DT is a regular on Arsenal Fan TV. He is only commentating on what is reported but even if Wengers terms stayed the same as his previous contract, lets be honest it is a scandal. And say what you like about Arsenal Fan TV or its contributors but most of them who go to every single Arsenal game are absolute die hards. Those guys deserve better then this sh1te

-A9d0A.gif

:D

Arghus wrote: »
    DT is one of the talking heads from Arsenal Fan TV. In fairness to him, I think he's got a lot more going on upstairs than the rest of them.

To be honest alot of them talk sense. Claude, Chris Hudson, Troopz, Lee and a couple of more. These are true gooners who follow Arsenal absolutely everywhere. They deserve to watch a team they can be proud of.

Only Ty and the other Chris talk scutter on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

wouldn't read too much into the power struggle thing, wherever that's come out of

yesterday was nothing we haven't seen before or was getting beat at stoke.
    whether they respond this time we'll see but i wouldn't be surprised if arsenal finish top 4

i think the players are probably fed up with wenger tbh, that's the real issue & the fact he doesn't prepare them tactically, moved to 343, how many of them have a clue what they're supposed to do?

ox leaving, at least one of those with 1 year left was always going to be sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's a good two years ago since I claimed big Sam would get us higher up the league table than Wenger. I was laughed at and ridiculed here. I wasn't wrong.

(It was for example at the time...I wasn't actively promoting big Sam as our next manager)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

It's a good two years ago since I claimed big Sam would get us higher up the league table than Wenger. I was laughed at and ridiculed here. I wasn't wrong.

(It was for example at the time...I wasn't actively promoting big Sam as our next manager)

Ranieri for the season...reckon these clowns be happy with pizza for clean sheets...
    Ah I don't know...totally disheartening following Arsenal these last few years...I'm not even angry anymore just don't care anymore and that's why I've lost all respect for AW,he's made me not give a sh1t about a club that has been possibly the biggest part of my life bar family and work for 30 odd years.

Wenger has ruined Arsenal for me.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Ranieri for the season...reckon these clowns be happy with pizza for clean sheets...
    Ah I don't know...totally disheartening following Arsenal these last few years...I'm not even angry anymore just don't care anymore and that's why I've lost all respect for AW,he's made me not give a sh1t about a club that has been possibly the biggest part of my life bar family and work for 30 odd years.

Wenger has ruined Arsenal for me.

I was reading Frank Mclintocks book where he spoke about the four year Billy Wright period from 62-66 (i think?) and he joined midway. Billy is regarded as an incredibly fantastic footballer for England and Wolves and an all round decent guy but was no where near capable of managing a big football club.

At one stage Frank told him and his assistant, 'They couldnt fúckin train white mice'. Bad form you might think but the fact is the whole squad had found out Wright at this stage and the club went through a malaise. 5 years later in 71 they won the double under Bertie Mee. At this stage im wondering does this spell under Wenger the last few years even surpass Wrights haplessness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I was reading Frank Mclintocks book where he spoke about the four year Billy Wright period from 62-66 (i think?) and he joined midway. Billy is regarded as an incredibly fantastic footballer for England and Wolves and an all round decent guy but was no where near capable of managing a big football club.

At one stage Frank told him and his assistant, 'They couldnt fúckin train white mice'. Bad form you might think but the fact is the whole squad had found out Wright at this stage and the club went through a malaise. 5 years later in 71 they won the double under Bertie Mee. At this stage im wondering does this spell under Wenger the last few years even surpass Wrights haplessness?

I wont claim to know much about that era only what Ive read but when I read the team sheet against Liverpool it was either AW has finally lost his mind or like Tayto has been saying something is going on upstairs....AW made some silly decisions over these last few years but dropping Laca(when playing great) and playing Bellerin on the left with Kolasinac on the bench...nevermind Ox playing when he was leaving(reportedly)...the whole thing smells rotten....

I remember as a kid(I was 9 or 10) growing up Arsenal finishing in 12th place(92 or 93 I think) and thats what I think will happen this season...so yes it might just be as bad as Wrights haplessness considering the heights from which we have fallen.

Ive a bad feeling we are going to be destroyed as a club before someone can sort this sh1t out....worse than Liverpool this last 20 years but not quite as bad as Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To be honest alot of them talk sense. Claude, Chris Hudson, Troopz, Lee and a couple of more. These are true gooners who follow Arsenal absolutely everywhere. They deserve to watch a team they can be proud of.

Only Ty and the other Chris talk scutter on it.

Ty is clearly not all there in the head and I think Chris just enjoys being a contrarian, I don't think he's sincere, so fck that lad.

I've a little bit of time for all of the others, though my patience for Troopz can wear very thin. I think DT is the best of the lot though: he can rant and rave at times, but I think he's articulate and his points have usually been well thought out.

He was the only one of them to come out of that infamous interview with Gary Neville with a bit of credit. Troopz was unable to string a sentence together, because he couldn't swear, or rely on his overused verbal tics to be the glue to hold his blather together. Mo came across as an idiot who Neville easily dealt with and Claude - god bless him - tried his best. DT talked with calmness and tried to put more meaningful questions to GN: the rest of them just kept going on ad nauseam, over and over again, about how GN had called a fan an idiot on TV - even though the question was dealt with in the first two minutes of the interview. It was almost as depressing as yesterday. Almost.

Arghus wrote: »
    Ty is clearly not all there in the head and I think Chris just enjoys being a contrarian, I don't think he's sincere, so fck that lad.

I've a little bit of time for all of the others, though my patience for Troopz can wear very thin. I think DT is the best of the lot though: he can rant and rave at times, but I think he's articulate and his points have usually been well thought out.

He was the only one of them to come out of that infamous interview with Gary Neville with a bit of credit. Troopz was unable to string a sentence together, because he couldn't swear, or rely on his overused verbal tics to be the glue to hold his blather together. Mo came across as an idiot who Neville easily dealt with and Claude - god bless him - tried his best. DT talked with calmness and tried to put more meaningful questions to GN: the rest of them just kept going on ad nauseam, over and over again, about how GN had called a fan an idiot on TV - even though the question was dealt with in the first two minutes of the interview. It was almost as depressing as yesterday. Almost.

Perhaps. But i still like Troopz, Claude and Mo though :)

Surprising for Mo that he didnt handle the interview as well as he should have because he comes across as a genuinely intellectual fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

You weren't wrong, but you weren't right either.

As has been said many times, the manager isn't the main problem, the owner who keeps extending his contract is the problem. That's where we need change first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

City have offered money + raheem sterling for alexis. Would you take it? Im inclined to. Ive already wrote this season off anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

wawaman wrote: »
    City have offered money + raheem sterling for alexis. Would you take it? Im inclined to. Ive already wrote this season off anyway
    I'll take it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement