Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

wawaman wrote: »
    City have offered money + raheem sterling for alexis. Would you take it? Im inclined to. Ive already wrote this season off anyway

One muppet in for another? I'd rather not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just watched 1 or 2 fan tv videos. DT as usual telling it how it is. TY really reminds me of a former poster here, just wont even hear of a negative comment about Wenger, just blind faith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Hopefully City's offer spurs PSG to make a similar player-plus-cash offer with Draxler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

At least if Ox goes it might mean he actually play a right back at right back and a left back at left back.

Wishful thinking I'm sure.

Funny how Sterling is being used as a pawn. Scored the equaliser against Everton, scores a last minute winner against Bournemouth and he's offered up as a makeweight in the Sanchez deal. Some show of loyalty from Pep there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

wonga77 wrote: »
    Funny how Sterling is being used as a pawn. Scored the equaliser against Everton, scores a last minute winner against Bournemouth and he's offered up as a makeweight in the Sanchez deal. Some show of loyalty from Pep there

Or maybe its not true and Sterling is a vital part of citys plan? Its come from John Cross at the Mirror.......

John Cross has been on the outer with Arsenal for quite a while, afaik. Would be interesting if he's on the money.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Or maybe its not true and Sterling is a vital part of citys plan? Its come from John Cross at the Mirror.......

Possibly, these player + cash deals hardly ever happen anyway.

Apparently Arsenal have been in contact with PSG about Draxler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hopefully City's offer spurs PSG to make a similar player-plus-cash offer with Draxler.

I'd be much happier with that deal! But I'd take Sterling too. Given that this season is already beginning to look like a write off, what need do we have for a superstar? Especially one whose heart isn't in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

City have offered money + raheem sterling for alexis. Would you take it? Im inclined to. Ive already wrote this season off anyway

I'd rather take the money. Raheem Sterling is a bang average player. Reminds me of a hybrid of Welbeck and Walcott. No thanks to that. I'd rather give Iwobi the spot in the lineup than Sterling. As has been said it's only John Cross running with the story and these swap deals rarely happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sell him and anyone else that don't want to be there

Sell him and anyone else that don't want to be there

That sounds exactly what's happening. Anyone who doesn't want to play for Arsenal can go. Shortlist of replacements is lined up.

All well and good it we had 2 months left in the window, not 2 days.

I'd rather take the money. Raheem Sterling is a bang average player. Reminds me of a hybrid of Welbeck and Walcott. No thanks to that. I'd rather give Iwobi the spot in the lineup than Sterling. As has been said it's only John Cross running with the story and these swap deals rarely happen.
    Telegraph running it too now, James Ducker.

L'prof wrote: »
    One muppet in for another? I'd rather not.

All Muppets in football tbh.

I'd take aguero plus cash although Wenger would probably stick him out on the wing as far from goal as possible

Guardian says the offer is Sterling + [font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]£[/font]20m and that Sterling is open to the move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    That sounds exactly what's happening. Anyone who doesn't want to play for Arsenal can go. Shortlist of replacements is lined up.

All well and good it we had 2 months left in the window, not 2 days.

Are you joking.
    Nobody coming in. They're cutting the wage bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

After the Liverpool game who ever wants out can go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

We really shouldnt diss Sterling, he could become the best right centreback we ever had

Guardian says the offer is Sterling + [font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]£[/font]20m and that Sterling is open to the move

I'd take Aguero and they can keep their 20 million

After the Liverpool game who ever wants out can go
    I think some of them are refusing to play for him.
    The performance was too bad to be true, a revolting performance you could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

so 2 full days left before Transfer Window closes. I personally would want a complete change from Top to bottom.

Kroenke is the main man i want out first then Wenger then the players.

Why did Wenger signed 2 more years? I was hoping he would move on and just be a director or something, EVERYONE wants changes in this club but hey he hasn't changed then so why would he change now?

For players i would also state that anyone who wants to leave should just leave. We have players on our bench who would gladly play for Arsenal football club.

Are you joking.
    Nobody coming in. They're cutting the wage bill.

Just what I read. Only hearsay....who really knows.

5star02707 wrote: »
    so 2 full days left before Transfer Window closes. I personally would want a complete change from Top to bottom.

Kroenke is the main man i want out first then Wenger then the players.

Why did Wenger signed 2 more years? I was hoping he would move on and just be a director or something, EVERYONE wants changes in this club but hey he hasn't changed then so why would he change now?

For players i would also state that anyone who wants to leave should just leave. We have players on our bench who would gladly play for Arsenal football club.
    BUT there is change.
    He's moved left backs to CB and right backs to LB and plays Welbeck instead of Lacasette etc etc. He leaves CB's on the bench. Loads of change there.
    I'd say the players don't know what's come over the old dithery man and are refusing to be part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

But if you sign Sterling then you kill Iwobi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Given that Sterling would be on stupid money with City this wouldn't tie in with the narrative of reducing wages and there is no way he's going to move for less money. This is just column filling in a rag of a paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

gandalf wrote: »
    Given that Sterling would be on stupid money with City this wouldn't tie in with the narrative of reducing wages and there is no way he's going to move for less money. This is just column filling in a rag of a paper.

Sky have also announced it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Oh I really hope its not true. I don't want Sterling at the club at all.

byrneg28 wrote: »

It's City attempting to pull a fast one.
    We should stick it out until we get Aguero and give them the extra cash. But that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Sky announcing it means nothing, they just repeat what the papers say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Doesn't make sense at all. Sterling is just a slightly better clone of Walcott. I seriously think Arsene maybe suffering from dementia of some type!

• Advertisement

It's City attempting to pull a fast one.
    We should stick it out until we get Aguero and give them the extra cash. But that won't happen.
    Exactly, that won't happen. It's easier this or straight cash, and you know we aren't going to invest that cash in a replacement. So I'll take this despite some reservations.

BREAKING NEWS
    There's more on the Alexis Sanchez situation with TV 13 in Chile reporting that Sanchez has asked to leave the Chile training camp to “conduct personal business”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

BREAKING NEWS
    There's more on the Alexis Sanchez situation with TV 13 in Chile reporting that Sanchez has asked to leave the Chile training camp to “conduct personal business”.

Knowing him that just means he misses his dogs

emmetlego wrote: »
    Sky announcing it means nothing, they just repeat what the papers say!

Em okay. Thanks.

I can read between the lines when the source is a rag. But FYI Sky Sources are extremely accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

But FYI Sky Sources are extremely accurate.

:pac:

You're not being serious right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Em okay. Thanks.

I can read between the lines when the source is a rag. But FYI Sky Sources are extremely accurate.

Seriously? Sky is The Sun on a screen. That's a lot of s's

☀️

Telegraph reporting that we're now in for Jonny Evans.

What a day this is turning out to be.

EDIT: And now apparently Gibbs to Watford is off.

:pac:

You're not being serious right

Yes I'm being serious. What's wrong with Sky Sources?

Seriously? Sky is The Sun on a screen. That's a lot of s's

Well I only use them for Transfers, but anytime I've seen Sky Sources written on something , it's never been BS.

If I've seen Sky Sports news are reporting that football365 are reporting a swap deal , I don't believe it, but never had any problem with specifically Sky Sources reporting Transfer Deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They're either tenuous at best, made up, or it's just Sky seeing that the BBC etc have got the jump on them and wrap it up in SKY SOURCES to make it look like they're in the know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

The basically wait till someone else breaks the news and then credit it as their own. They have little or no credibility

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources: Watford have pulled out of a deal to sign Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs.

We understand they couldn't come to an agreement over personal terms.

Arsenal and Watford had agreed a fee last week.

But I suppose this is just rag stuff as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Sterling is a very good player and is being underestimated here. Considering Sanchez is out of contract soon, getting Sterling plus 20 million is not a bad deal.

I dont know what is in it for Sterling though. He's been playing for City and scoring. Why go to a chronically mediocre team with a bad team attitude? The London thing could in play but he has moved most of his family up to the North East. I dont get what is in it for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

As Arseblog said, no amount of transfers will change this. I think this is now a 3-5 year project, proper clearout needed, keep the players who want to play, build a solid base and maybe come upon a couple of quality young players.

Would love Aguero to be part of any deal, but just want rid of Sanchez now. If sterling comes, it'd be better than cash.

Its depressing though knowing that we have a very long road ahead of us. But it will be a necessary step. Cant see Wenger lasting the year if we continue to play like we did again liverpool.

This is going to be a mad couple of days.

Apparently Southampton want Walcott for a deal involving Van Dijk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I just don't understand Gibbs pricing himself out of a move to Watford. His career is on the line here, wouldn't he be better off taking a pay cut and trying to resurrect his career. He is going to be sitting in the reserves all season if he stays.

greendom wrote: »

Where'd you see this?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »

Well that's something I can get behind at least. Though honestly it really doesn't matter who leaves or comes in in the next couple of days as the problems at the club can't really be fixed on the field.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement