Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Would be willing to give the vast majority of our current squad a chance under a new manager before we start clearing out.

Nothing will change under Wenger and we all know that, like it or not.

The line was that the likes of Sanchez and Ozil were waiting for Wenger to extend before they signed new deals. It now seems to me it was the other way around!!

The club is in a major crisis and unless there's a back story that no one outside of the clubs inner circle knows about then the only course of action is to sack Wenger immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Anyway, the answer to all our defensive problems is solved.

We're heavily linked with Johnny Evans now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Sterling is only 22 and has loads of potential, and would fit right into Alexis's position on the left. I just don't like his loyalty/ the fact he's a money grabber. But we're not going to find another replacement for Alexis with two days left, so I'd imagine that this will go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I can't imagine for the life of me why Aguero would bother his hole coming to us, but yes please. I know he's an injury machine, but he's literally the best player in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Not an Arsenal fan but can't help but notice the constant barrage of ****e Ian Wright writes/says about him, poor form imo.

So Gibbs off to West Brom, and we probably get Johnny Evans. Guess that strengthens us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Sanchez is one of the few players who has bite in him. Professional. Trying his hardest even when the chips are down. Sterling is Arsenal personified. Fancy, skilful, nice to look at when things are going well but might as well have me playing when things aren't going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Not an Arsenal fan but can't help but notice the constant barrage of ****e Ian Wright writes/says about him, poor form imo.

He held back and defended Wenger for long enough though. He's just sick of the same old crap the same as the rest of us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

West Brom are close to completing the signing of left-back Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal.

The clubs have agreed a fee in the region of £5m for the 27-year-old, who had also been in talks with Watford and Galatasaray.

He still needs to undergo a medical and sign his contract. - Ornacle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    This is going to be a mad couple of days.

Apparently Southampton want Walcott for a deal involving Van Dijk

Please let this be true even if it's Dick Van Dyke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

West Brom are close to completing the signing of left-back Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal.

The clubs have agreed a fee in the region of £5m for the 27-year-old, who had also been in talks with Watford and Galatasaray.

He still needs to undergo a medical and sign his contract. - Ornacle

£5m seems wrong the offered more before and Watford were paying more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

The club is an absolute shambles. We are about to become a mid table team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sanchez is one of the few players who has bite in him. Professional. Trying his hardest even when the chips are down. Sterling is Arsenal personified. Fancy, skilful, nice to look at when things are going well but might as well have me playing when things aren't going well.

What position do you play and are you genuinely interested or just fcukin with us?

Soups123 wrote: »
    £5m seems wrong the offered more before and Watford were paying more

Sky are quoting £7m, even if for free I would do the deal

Arsenal have joined Manchester City and Leicester City in the race to sign West Brom centre-back Jonny Evans.

Evans will only be allowed to leave The Hawthorns once the Baggies have a replacement.

Their preferred target is Manchester City's Eliaquim Mangala and with Manchester City the preferred destination for Evans, that deal would appear straightforward.

However, Mangala would prefer to join Inter Milan.

To further complicate matters, Inter's prime target is thought to be Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi.

But the Gunners will only sanction the departure of Mustafi if they have a replacement, ideally Evans.

But, as mentioned, West Brom will not let Evans go unless they have a replacement - ideally Mangala - and Manchester City will not let Mangala join West Brom unless they get Evans. - BBC Ornacle

Please let this be true even if it's Dick Van Dyke.

I'll happily agree to help Walcott move down to Southampton as part of any deal. No charge.

He is a symbol of the mediocrity culture at the club from 06 on. I won't single him out we have others but if I never see this chancer in an Arsenal shirt again I'll be delighted.

We've lost Sanchez due to Wengers own fault. He provided team of absolute wasters around him

Apparently City do not want to give a player plus cash for Alexis.
    Cash deal only.

I don't think the guy who started the rumour about Walcott to Southampton and VVD the other way really thought anyone would believe it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Pull the other one buddy, he has spent the last year huffing over everything
    The way he strops you would think he was Messi playing for Bradford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Am I the only one who won't miss Sanchez when he's gone?

Runs around like a headless chicken half the time and loses the ball far too often. If he wants out, let him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quazzie wrote: »

Runs around like a headless chicken half the time and loses the ball far too often. If he wants out, let him on.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Whether or not he loses the ball too much, he's indisputably our best player.

He's going next summer anyway so let him away. However we should be trying to get the best deal possible and we should never be leaving it this late as it's going to be impossible to replace any player with only two days left. It's mismanagement in the extreme.
    Personally I thought he'd stay as he didn't ask for a transfer, until now that is.
    No player is irreplaceable though (or manager for that matter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's going next summer anyway so let him away. However we should be trying to get the best deal possible and we should never be leaving it this late as it's going to be impossible to replace any player with only two days left. It's mismanagement in the extreme.
    Personally I thought he'd stay as he didn't ask for a transfer, until now that is.
    No player is irreplaceable though (or manager for that matter).
    We replaced him with Lacazette earlier on in the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sterling is not what we need at this club, I would take cash and Kompany or Mangala at this stage for Sanchez we need fight and leaders not another player thats afraid of his own shadow. Sterling is deffo not the character we need now at this club.

But we should not be faffing about, with the money city have it should be straight cash or **** OFF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sterling is not what we need at this club, I would take cash and Kompany or Mangala at this stage for Sanchez

i know its been a stressfull few days but no need to resort to these extremes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

All these transfer rumours are pretty depressing tbh. It's like Wenger/the club didn't see this coming and are winging it now, with absolutely no plan in place. Who knows what state we will be in come September 1st.

All these transfer rumours are pretty depressing tbh. It's like Wenger/the club didn't see this coming and are winging it now, with absolutely no plan in place. Who knows what state we will be in come September 1st.

There'll be no money left for the new manager to spend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

You could literally have written that every summer for the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

keano_afc wrote: »
    You could literally have written that every summer for the past 10 years.

Yeah I know, but this has the feeling of August 2011 all over again.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know, but this has the feeling of August 2011 all over again.

Park and Santos to the rescue :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

You'd wonder what David Dein is making of all this. The work he put into making Arsenal what it is (or was) is being gradually undone by people with zero foresight. A club in decline since he was ousted.

You'd wonder what David Dein is making of all this. The work he put into making Arsenal what it is (or was) is being gradually undone by people with zero foresight. A club in decline since he was ousted.

Ousting Dein was the first big warning sign. Apparently Dein was looking to move to Wembley in a co project with the FA. He did have unbelievable pull that time he was on the board to be fair but he is a genuine football man. The way he spoke about seeing Rocky play for the reserves for the first time in the 80s with a twinkle in his eye telling it. I never realised how much this man loves football

Ousting Dein was the first big warning sign. Apparently Dein was looking to move to Wembley in a co project with the FA. He did have unbelievable pull that time he was on the board to be fair but he is a genuine football man. The way he spoke about seeing Rocky play for the reserves for the first time in the 80s with a twinkle in his eye telling it. I never realised how much this man loves football

Arsenal to the core. Hill-Wood thought Dein was crazy buying into Arsenal when he did, considering that English club football was ailing quite badly at the time. His departure has allowed room for Wenger's ego to run unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I feel sorry for Gunnersaurus, he survived extinction for this sh*t!

(Robbed from twitter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sky saying arsenal will give sanchez to city along with money for sterling!! Surely that is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He brought Stan into the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

bangkok wrote: »
    Sky saying arsenal will give sanchez to city along with money for sterling!! Surely that is a joke

Not a chance this is happening

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

David Dein is the reason the club is owned by Kroenke. A sackable offence if ever there was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I thought dein got fed up and sold everything to usmanov?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

bangkok wrote: »
    I heard that:pac:. Sanchez is 10 times the player Sterling is. Arsenal really are a shambles of a club right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think its time to shut down all the sports news until Friday morning!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

wonga77 wrote: »
    I thought dein got fed up and sold everything to usmanov?

He went behind the board's back and facilitated Kroenke's initial share buy up, then he cashed in his own shares by selling to Usmanov later on. Really set us up nicely for the future there.

He brought Stan into the club

No, he sounded him out as a potential investor and was sacked for it. Only for the same people to sell out to Kroenke themselves. Your flashy stadium and memories of the invincibles would not exist were it not for David Dein. Instrumental in not just bringing in Wenger but George Graham as well.

Is anyone seriously gonna argue that Arsenals fortunes have changed for the better in his absence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No, he sounded him out as a potential investor and was sacked for it. Only for the same people to sell out to Kroenke themselves. Your flashy stadium and memories of the invincibles would not exist were it not for David Dein. Instrumental in not just bringing in Wenger but George Graham as well.

Is anyone seriously gonna argue that Arsenals fortunes have changed for the better in his absence?

Your wrong

Check out previous posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Looks like Sanchez is gone as he's left the Chile camp to discuss his future.

I wonder could this be the straw no strike that the f&@€;@&€! Missile to smash the camels back and provide an out for Wenger.

This it seems could have completely undermined him and if he had uttered the ultimatum "he goes over my dead body" (figuratively speaking of course) then it could be enough you.

Dear God I'm grasping at straws here.

I feel sick.

Your wrong

Check out previous posts

Which part?

He also used his growing influence and wrangled you a spot on the then G12. Ensuring Arsenal a say in every major decision affecting European club football. Again, someone tell me Arsenal are riding the same wave since he departed in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Which part?

He also used his growing influence and wrangled you a spot on the then G12. Ensuring Arsenal a say in every major decision affecting European club football. Again, someone tell me Arsenal are riding the same wave since he departed in 2007.

Yep, the board has been clueless and rudderless since he left.

Yep, the board has been clueless and rudderless since he left.

The board like the club sits in Wenger's back pocket. Kroenke's major flaw is that he listens to the council of only one man. Guess who that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah here lad he's by far the best player we have. Madness letting him go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement