Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Sorry don't know how that got posted again.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The board like the club sits in Wenger's back pocket. Kroenke's major flaw is that he listens to the council of only one man. Guess who that is...

Nobody knows this for certain given that nobody seems to know how Arsenal conduct their business at any level, be it the day to day coaching right up to the relationships between Wenger, Gazidis and the board. Some articles say Arsene has total control of everything, others say he's being constantly undermined by a board hesitant to conduct business.

I really wouldn't read too much into anything these days, either way we're still stagnating regardless of who's ultimately to blame. We're not going to fix this overnight just by getting rid of one individual.

Ah here lad he's by far the best player we have. Madness letting him go.

If our manager was any way tactically clever and we were able to maintain title challenges alot better than we have, perhaps added a more physically competitive player, there would be no way that Sanchez would want to leave. Wenger is entirely to blame here. He harps on about stability and yet so much uncertainty two days before the bloody transfer window shuts.

In 2016, he had to endure the sight of Leicester fúckin City winning the league while our gutless wonders threw away a golden chance and Arsene played with his zip on the sideline. Last year we finally dropped out of the champions league places despite having spent well over 100m on players added to the money spent on Cech, Sanchez and Ozil.

My last bit of respect is gone for Wenger - 100% gone. As many have said, to stay on was the most selfish arrogant decision in the history of the club.
    He's been sh1te alot longer then he was good now. 2014 was the right time to bow out but yet again this selfish egotist decided to put Arsenal supporters through more misery.

He's learned nothing from every hammering we have received, setting his team of gutless wonders the same way each time like lambs to the slaughter. His legacy is gone for me and im sure many others and he can blame no one but himself although this deluded fool will probably take credit for any success we have under the next manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Amy Lawrence is gonna be on Newstalk tonight talking about what's going on at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Quazzie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who won't miss Sanchez when he's gone?

Runs around like a headless chicken half the time and loses the ball far too often. If he wants out, let him on.

You could argue that he's built up a reservoir of goodwill because he has scored loads of goals for Arsenal, but I think some of his stroppy and attention seeking behaviour on the field is extremely bad form and I don't think I'd want to play with a player who carries on like that, no matter how good he is.

I'm not saying that I think Sanchez is anything but a fantastic player, but some of that stuff he definitely does for his own benefit, over that of the team. If any other member of the squad did that, people would be calling for his head. And I find it very hard to like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I wouldn't be too happy with a cash only deal for Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Only because any cash we get will not go on new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

We're not going to fix this overnight just by getting rid of one individual.

That process of fixing anything can't even begin until one individual in particular is finally removed from his position. And the longer it's continually put off the more long term damage is being done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chile manager denies that Sanchez has asked to leave the training camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Sky saying that Inter have offered a £5m loan fee with an option to buy for £24m for Mustafi. I'd just keep him, it's ridiculous even entertaining this after one season.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sky reporting it too

He is definitely going just not sure for how much

Yeah it's just a matter of squeezing as much money out of City as possible now. Resigned to this since he wasn't going to renew. The money will be no use to us though, will go towards a new ranch for Kroenke. Will effectively be handing City the title as well.

The reporters on skysports news are also just short of pulling their jocks down in excitement over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Lads and ladies, this is sky sports news. Their business is hyper news reporting. I won't believe it until Ornstein says it. He's currently saying we're saying no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very sad to see our great club in this position. Very angry too.
    In previous seasons we were battling against a ruined season. Now it's the club itself that is being ruined.
    We all know what needs to happen - a complete clear out of Board and manager. They caused all this.

If Sanchez does stay I could well imagine him phoning it in for a year. I don't think he wants to play for Arsenal.

I could easily see him downing tools, at least until January, where he could, just as handily, get the move he wanted, play well somewhere else for 5 months and then head off to the world cup - no bother at all. He only ends up losing three months out of his season. The club could end up losing most of his value. In my view they should sell him, if it's a choice between then and now.

The argument that without Sanchez the club can't compete doesn't hold water, if you ask me. The sad fact is that even with our best players we can't compete. The team is so de-motivated, so chronically mismanaged and so tactically ill-prepared that if we had Maldini ,Beckenbaur and Pele in their pomp out there on the field yesterday, we still would have got our arses handed to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

This feels like the end of Wenger is coming but then on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me to see us beat Bournemouth easy enough in front of another 'sold out' Emirates, with sections of the support singing "one Arsene Wenger". This is Arsenal after all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

If Sanchez goes along with Mustafi and Ox then the season is over. Mid table beckons and that's no exaggeration. The club is on the verge of totally imploding and it's very sad to watch

omega man wrote: »
    This feels like the end of Wenger is coming but then on the hand it wouldn't surprise me to see us beat Bournemouth easy enough in front of another 'sold out' Emirates, with sections of the support singing "one Arsene Wenger". This is Arsenal after all.....

I don't know man. I think the Liverpool game surely must have convinced any remaining doubters. It wasn't that they were beat, it was how they were beat. Arsenal were a complete rabble out there. It was something else. I'd fancy any team to beat Arsenal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't know man. I think the Liverpool game surely must have convinced any remaining doubters. It wasn't that they were beat, it was how they were beat. Arsenal were a complete rabble out there. It was something else.

I agree but we've an unusual home support.

In saying that it should be toxic if the window closes with no significant signings and with Sanchez gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You can be bloody sure there's still plenty Wenger fans out there. I'm sure a former poster that we all know still thinks Wenger is the only man for the job. It's blind faith, surely after the crazy team selection the last day, you would hope that even the most staunch Wenger fans realise that he's lost the plot

omega man wrote: »
    I agree but we've an unusual home support.

In saying that it should be toxic if the window closes with no significant signings and with Sanchez gone.

We'll see, but it's noticeable that after yesterday you can't find a single AKB opinion anywhere. Even when things were shocking you could always find someone who stuck to that idea - even when they were saying just because they thought he deserved to go on his own terms. Not even those guys are around now. Yesterday killed that off for good I think. It's plainly obvious that the team is absolutely fcked.

I'm not saying people won't be supporting the team at the next home match as a result. If I was going myself I'd try to encourage and support them as best I could - and I'd celebrate if they won. You have to, otherwise you may as well give up on football altogether. But I wouldn't confuse that with satisfaction with the management - just one positive result, amongst the wreck. The jig is up. Even the most ardent of Wengerites can't support what they saw yesterday. It's only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Arghus wrote: »
    If Sanchez does stay I could well imagine him phoning it in for a year. I don't think he wants to play for Arsenal.

I could easily see him downing tools, at least until January, where he could, just as handily, get the move he wanted, play well somewhere else for 5 months and then head off to the world cup - no bother at all. He only ends up losing three months out of his season. The club could end up losing most of his value. In my view they should sell him, if it's a choice between then and now.

The argument that without Sanchez the club can't compete doesn't hold water, if you ask me. The sad fact is that even with our best players we can't compete. The team is so de-motivated, so chronically mismanaged and so tactically ill-prepared that if we had Maldini ,Beckenbaur and Pele in their pomp out there on the field yesterday, we still would have got our arses handed to us.

I don't see him downing tools at all, not only is he a player who gives it 100% when he is on the pitch but he has not actually requested a transfer, yes he has refused so far to sign a new contract but he has not requested a transfer. If he really wanted to leave this summer he could easily have forced a move.

I agree with the second part though, as I said yesterday, with or without Sanchez this season we will likely finish 6th at best. I would still rather he stays and give us some sort of chance of finishing higher up the table. I don't see the point in selling him as we won't sign a replacement in this window.

Telegraph reporting thst over half the squad want Alexis gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

greendom wrote: »

They mustn't be dog people ;)

The lazy useless half who have stole a living from this club probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm not surprised. He makes the rest look bad. Its like working in sales and one guy is on the top of the board every month by a mile. Everybody else from outside is looking in and saying WTF is everybody else doing? How come they cant be like that guy.

It doesn't matter if its football, sales or whatever job, if one guy is performing so much better than the rest of the team, he aint going to be popular.

I'm not surprised. He makes the rest look bad. Its like working in sales and one guy is on the top of the board every month by a mile. Everybody else from outside is looking in and saying WTF is everybody else doing? How come they cant be like that guy.

It doesn't matter if its football, sales or whatever job, if one guy is performing so much better than the rest of the team, he aint going to be popular.

Spot on. Sanchez has the barefaced cheek to make the rest of the wasters accountable for their sloppiness.

I find it hard to believe that Arsenal can go from the one of the best run clubs in the world for such a long period of time, to the worst run club in the Premier League in such a short period of time. I find it hard to believe that this shambles is not intentional, that somebody in the background is not colluding to have the share price of the club crash.

The share price of Arsenal has skyrocketed over the last year by about 25% and the club is valued at roughly 1 Billion. When people are valuing the club, they account the players as assets. The likes of Sanchez, Ozil and Ox would be valued at around €120 million and are all out of contract soon. Add the likes of Wilshire, Cazorla and Gibbs to about 30m (all out of contract). Knock them off and the club loses Value. Take Champions League football away and club loses value.

This benefits the buyer and not the seller. Usmanov wants to buy the club but Wenger is the Kroenke man. Does Kroenke want to devalue the club to get rid of Usmanov? Does Usmanov (who tried to buy the most of the club) want to devalue the club to get it on the cheap from Kroenke.

There is something shady going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Or is Wenger sick of having his hands tied by the board and its him that's trying to bring the down the price I know this is probably all ridiculous ....But what do we get told nothing because we're just gormless peasants who'll buy it anyway

was planning a trip to the emirates this year, they can fuc..k right off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I find it hard to believe that Arsenal can go from the one of the best run clubs in the world for such a long period of time, to the worst run club in the Premier League in such a short period of time. I find it hard to believe that this shambles is not intentional, that somebody in the background is not colluding to have the share price of the club crash.

The share price of Arsenal has skyrocketed over the last year by about 25% and the club is valued at roughly 1 Billion. When people are valuing the club, they account the players as assets. The likes of Sanchez, Ozil and Ox would be valued at around €120 million and are all out of contract soon. Add the likes of Wilshire, Cazorla and Gibbs to about 30m (all out of contract). Knock them off and the club loses Value. Take Champions League football away and club loses value.

This benefits the buyer and not the seller. Usmanov wants to buy the club but Wenger is the Kroenke man. Does Kroenke want to devalue the club to get rid of Usmanov? Does Usmanov (who tried to buy the most of the club) want to devalue the club to get it on the cheap from Kroenke.

There is something shady going on here.

No, they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

2ndcoming wrote: »
    No, they don't.

That of course comes into it as players are commodities

haha dities

2ndcoming wrote: »
    No, they don't.

Of course they do, the player is an asset.

When you buy a player for 10m, it has to be valued on both the profit/loss sheet and the Assets/Liabilities. The 10m gets deducted from the revenue and also goes to the Assets and is revalued on an annual basis. The 10m doesnt just go out the door, it has to be accounted for on the other side of the accounts. This is what "Balancing the books" is. Every Debit has a Credit.

That's your accounting lesson for the day :P

The share price is different however. It accounts for future turnover but the value of the business assets is also important.

Has anyone worked out why Mustafi wants to leave?

Has anyone worked out why Mustafi wants to leave?

Rumour has it Mustafi spoke out last week about the defence needing more support and he was slapped on the transfer list. Im not quite sure how much truth is in that tbh. It seems bizarre to sell a centre half unless you have a replacement especially given we have only Chambers and Holding who are still raw, Kosc who is injury prone, Kosalinac and Monreal who are natural full backs and Mert who is shoving on and is in his final season arguably.

Makes no sense whatsover but this is where we are at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ornstien is reporting that the Ox has turned Chelsea down and instead wants to join Liverpool.

Fücking lol. Mother of Jesus. The guy isn't good enough for an arsenal shirt let alone a Chelsea one and he's turning them down. What the actual fück.

Ornstien is reporting that the Ox has turned Chelsea down and instead wants to join Liverpool.

Fücking lol. Mother of Jesus. The guy isn't good enough for an arsenal shirt let alone a Chelsea one and he's turning them down. What the actual fück.

Liverpool play a style of game that might get the best out of Chamberlain as it is doing with Jordan Henderson and James Milner. Ordinary players really but are maximising their ability in comparison to some of our shirkers who hide on the field.
    I honestly dont hold it against any player at this stage to get the fúck out of the shambles. Ox is not world class but he is far from the worst we have. The term sheep in a heap was used about a certain midlands GAA team one time by a fellow Tipp man. It could also be potentially used to describe a North London club in red ran and managed by clowns with a dressing room of spineless wimps.

Better wages on offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Better wages on offer?

Hardly? Maybe though, they're buying all around them and have bids in for everyone, maybe they're already spending the Coutinho money?

Hmm...

Then again, maybe he wants to run out his last year and go on a bosman with the potential for a bumper wage packet?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902666576125624320

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902667280806531073

Lol, Ox. Everyone knows you want to play centrally. Sorry, buddy, but you have attributes that are much better suited for wide attacking play (except that you can't cross or score goals).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

No, he sounded him out as a potential investor and was sacked for it. Only for the same people to sell out to Kroenke themselves. Your flashy stadium and memories of the invincibles would not exist were it not for David Dein. Instrumental in not just bringing in Wenger but George Graham as well.

Is anyone seriously gonna argue that Arsenals fortunes have changed for the better in his absence?

Agree and was the man to get good players into the club.

Apparently (all my posts seem to begin with apparently atm) Mustafi complained about the lack of protection for the defence and that's why he was put up for transfer. Hopefully they can reconcile their diffetences. Maybe Wenger will even listen. Surely Bould and Lehman should be saying the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Apparently (all my posts seem to begin with apparently atm) Mustafi complained about the lack of protection for the defence and that's why he was put up for transfer. Hopefully they can reconcile their diffetences. Maybe Wenger will even listen. Surely Bould and Lehman should be saying the same thing

I don't believe this, no way you sell a player for voicing an opinion

There is a lot wrong with the club but there is a lot of **** out there too

Hopefully Liverpool come in with a decent bid, although now they know he turned down Chelsea they will be able to low ball Arsenal now. I don't want to see the Ox in an Arsenal jersey again after seeing the "effort" he put in on Sunday.
    Although I suppose the same could be said for about 5 or 6 players that day.

It's demoralizing that a player like ox is forcing a move. I mean we had a list of them before like Henry, cesc etc.
    But ox isn't fit to lace their boots, can't cross, can't score, basically zero end product and he figures he's too good for us

wonga77 wrote: »
    It's demoralizing that a player like ox is forcing a move. I mean we had a list of them before like Henry, cesc etc.
    But ox isn't fit to lace their boots, can't cross, can't score, basically zero end product and he figures he's too good for us

That's not how I see it. He's just packing a strop because Wenger won't play him where he wants to be playing. He's made no secret that he sees himself as a Steven Gerrard type player, charging in from the midfield and banging them in from 30 metres. I can't remember if he's ever scored a goal like that.

Apparently (all my posts seem to begin with apparently atm) Mustafi complained about the lack of protection for the defence

Didn't Squilachi (sp?) say he exact same thing a little while back.

Didn't Squilachi (sp?) say he exact same thing a little while back.

I think he did. It does seem strange that voicing an opinion made the club put him on the transfer market but it's strange that he is on the market at all. Unless a major upgrade is coming in it seems barmy to let him go.

Gibbs gone to West Brom for about £7 million. 13 years at Arsenal, 230 appearances. Never a peep or a moan from him, Annoyed some of us at times with his play but seems like a good professional and a nice guy
    Wish him all the best

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement