Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As much as I hate saying it , Maybe we're better off losing a few games if it forces the issue

Already tried that, they gave him a new contract afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fee of 35million agreed with Liverpool for the Ox. All the outlets starting to report it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ornstein on Twitter:
    Liverpool have agreed a deal with Arsenal to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for £40m #AFC #LFC

Well that's one fantastic bit of business by Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Should be 40m and one pound. We've robbed them if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently it's £35m according to Joyce so maybe £5m in add ons?

Klopp obviously wanted him now because if Liverpool waited 6 months he could have been bought for half that fee you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Our seasons been ****, our transfer windows been a bit ****, but selling Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for £40m is pretty special :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Will look forward to Wenger's book when he eventually leaves Arsenal, interested to see what is actually going on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ornstein again:
    Oxlade-Chamberlain to sign 6yr deal with #LFC & becomes Arsenal's all-time record departure fee. Unlikely that #AFC will sign a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Will look forward to Wenger's book when he eventually leaves Arsenal, interested to see what is actually going on in the background.

Or at least his version of events.

☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Empty stadium week on week the only way i'd imagine.

Never happen. If the regulars don't go for a week the stadium would still be 3/4 full with casuals and tourists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think Ox could actually be a decent player who's been badly managed, can't blame him for wanting out either. Not saying he's definitely gonna be a success, and £40m for him with only 12 months on his deal is fairly steep, but I wouldn't be crowing about it just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Never happen. If the regulars don't go for a week the stadium would still be 3/4 full with casuals and tourists.

Yep, Stan understands this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think Ox could actually be a decent player who's been badly managed, can't blame him for wanting out either. Not saying he's definitely gonna be a success, and £40m for him with only 12 months on his deal is fairly steep, but I wouldn't be crowing about it just yet.

It says something about him to turn down £180k (reported) with Arsenal and the champions to go to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Getting that kind of money for a player who has missed 82 games in six years because of injury and on his final contract year is very good business. It means feck all if it isn't reinvested and we all know that will not be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I can't understand if its transfer fee's are the problem why we weren't in Krcowiak from PSG or Sanchez from Bayern both loan deals and good players

No we want to blow our load on Johnny ****ing evans its welbeck all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why all the talk and delight on us getting 40 million for the Ox ??/
    It won't be feckin' spent.
    Kronke needs money for his other projects.
    Don't be fools.

Don't be fools.

Even if it doesn't get spent, it means that we will probably (hopefully) start playing players in their positions. That can only be a good thing.

Fwiw, I think we will make at least one signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Don't be fools.

Cause he's sh1t!!

Finally clearing out the deadwood. Unfortunately though it appears we're not in the market to upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

We're being bled dry by that fcuking American leech.
    Net profit for this window already.
    Stuck with a manager who's well past it and an owner who's using the club to help his American sports ventures.
    God fcuking help us.
    What a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And they'll blame missing out the champions league money for all the players sales just you wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ox, Alexis and probably Mustafi gone. At least Arsene has his excuses in the bag nice and early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The Guardian report that the Mustafi deal is dead in the water, and that any Sanchez to City deal depends on Arsenal being able to convince Monaco to part with Lemar. Hmmmm, I'm not sure I buy it.

DarrenArsenal saying on twitter that Mustafi is staying as they can't get a replacement. Elneny is apparently attracting interest.

gandalf wrote: »
    DarrenArsenal saying on twitter that Mustafi is staying as they can't get a replacement. Elneny is apparently attracting interest.

We've already tried to get rid of Elneny this summer, and he refused to go.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    We've already tried to get rid of Elneny this summer, and he refused to go.
    Where did you see that?

Just as most of us suspected.

Where did you see that?

Arsenal accepted £10m bid from Leicester, Elneny didn't want to go

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/mohamed-elneny-confirms-decision-over-10950043

Arsenal accepted £10m bid from Leicester, Elneny didn't want to go

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/mohamed-elneny-confirms-decision-over-10950043

Stan needs cash.

• Advertisement

HrLAROl.png?1

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There are 8 million reasons why Wenger doesn't walk away.

I don't think he's motivated by money. He would have left a long time ago had thag been the case.

Getting that kind of money for a player who has missed 82 games in six years because of injury and on his final contract year is very good business. It means feck all if it isn't reinvested and we all know that will not be the case.

Might as well have gone on a free if the money doesn't get reinvested.

Oh well at least I won't have to watch Sky Sports News tomorrow evening.

https://twitter.com/darrenarsenal1/status/902913955106099200

An Arsenal shareholder on twitter. Not that this is a surprise. Still don't understand how the club appears to have problems financially. We will end up in profit by the end of the window, all the while City, Utd, Chelsea etc are spending all around them and don't seem to have problems with this PL wages/spend issue.

Money is probably being held back as the LA Rams are in the process of building a multi billion dollar stadium. :mad:

He should sell the damn club to Usmanov if he wants to raise funds for his white elephant in LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What the actual ****. How can we not be strengthen the team? No money, are they for real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Shocking state the club is in at the moment. From top to bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Selling starters on deadline day with no replacements?

Inquitus wrote: »

Ox ain't a starter. Wenger was trying to trick him into thinking he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Inquitus wrote: »
    Ox wasn't good enough to be a starter in my opinion, neither was Gibbs, we got good money for Ox, I think it's good business.

If by tomorrow at 11pm we're still winger short, (the most likely occurrence) I will be annoyed too, but let's face it, after his talk about giving youth a chance, you know he's going to be giving kids their chance in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yes it's good business. But we're a football club first. It's not good business in a football sense because he won't be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

emmetlego wrote: »
    Ox wasn't good enough to be a starter in my opinion, neither was Gibbs, we got good money for Ox, I think it's good business.

If by tomorrow at 11pm we're still winger short, (the most likely occurrence) I will be annoyed too, but let's face it, after his talk about giving youth a chance, you know he's going to be giving kids their chance in Europe.

How can it be good business if Ox isn't replaced, and Wenger bows out of Europe in the group phase by putting a young team out? What good is the money then?

Some of us have been e-mailing Ivan Gazidis ( e-mail address igazidis@arsenal.co.uk) to show our contempt at the way the club is being run.
    I have sent three. This is the latest.
    As a lifelong follower of Arsenal F.C. (52 years) I am disgusted with the way this great club is being run.

1. The manager is well past his sell-by date and is tactically defunct.

2. Stan Kronke seems to be running this club for his own gains only. He is not interested in football and seems to me to be running the club to finance his U.S. business empire of failing sporting teams. Ours is now also one.

3. The rest of you are sitting on your hands allowing all of the above to happen. Shame on you.

4. Our club is on a downwards spiral with no new signings while 5/6 players were sold or are for sale. The profits are not being used to replace them with better players.

5. Last Sunday was diabolical. The worst i've ever witnessed. Abject failure on and off the field. A total embarrassment of a club now.

The Board and manager should leave now and allow someone who cares and who knows about football take over.

Yours
    xxxxxxx A once proud Arsenal fan.

I know it will probably have no effect but we feel that at least we can show our concern. Who knows if enough fans do this maybe they might listen, a big maybe I know.

Tayto you would probably get more traction targeting the sponsors of the team and cc'ing him. Nothing like threatening the cashpile to focus their minds. They don't care about the history or the football results but they care about finishing top of the fantasy accounts manager league.

Tayto you would probably get more traction targeting the sponsors of the team and cc'ing him. Nothing like threatening the cashpile to focus their minds. They don't care about the history or the football results but they care about finishing top of the fantasy accounts manager league.
    No problem doing that too.

I'll ping an email to twat face tomorrow as well. Hey we might persuade him to sign Ronaldo.

(Except knowing Arsenal it will be the Brazilian one! ;))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He should sell the damn club to Usmanov if he wants to raise funds for his white elephant in LA.

Welcome to the murky world of finance, where having 1 billion in the bank is less useful than having a company worth 1 billion, at least in terms of using it as an asset to secure loans against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Where Is the money gone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902975616261218310

So the Ox took a £60000 a week pay cut to get away from us? That's.... something alright.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902975616261218310

So the Ox took a £60000 a week pay cut to get away from us? That's.... something alright.

Chelsea were offering him 220k apparently. Maybe he just really wanted to play for Liverpool and Klopp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement