Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

10 million of the transfer fee goes to Southampton :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Roaster wrote: »
    If people think that Wenger loves Arsenal as much as he supposedly does then why the hell would you make a team selection like the one on Sunday? That smacked of trying to send a message to someone. If that's not the case, then he truly has lost it.

It's pretty much the same selection that won the FA Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Some of us have been e-mailing Ivan Gazidis ( e-mail address igazidis@arsenal.co.uk) to show our contempt at the way the club is being run.
    I have sent three. This is the latest.
    As a lifelong follower of Arsenal F.C. (52 years) I am disgusted with the way this great club is being run.

1. The manager is well past his sell-by date and is tactically defunct.

2. Stan Kronke seems to be running this club for his own gains only. He is not interested in football and seems to me to be running the club to finance his U.S. business empire of failing sporting teams. Ours is now also one.

3. The rest of you are sitting on your hands allowing all of the above to happen. Shame on you.

4. Our club is on a downwards spiral with no new signings while 5/6 players were sold or are for sale. The profits are not being used to replace them with better players.

5. Last Sunday was diabolical. The worst i've ever witnessed. Abject failure on and off the field. A total embarrassment of a club now.

The Board and manager should leave now and allow someone who cares and who knows about football take over.

Yours
    xxxxxxx A once proud Arsenal fan.

I know it will probably have no effect but we feel that at least we can show our concern. Who knows if enough fans do this maybe they might listen, a big maybe I know.

and yet Tayto the fans will still buy the shirts will still buy merchandise and sell out the stadium. If money is all that matters do walkouts boycott games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

No, he didn't take a pay cut, he wasn't on 160/180 with us, we offered it to him if we re-qualified for UCL. He is getting a pay rise going to pool. Think he was on 80k per week on his old contract.

You get the feeling though, that unless by some miracle, we buy a class player tomorrow to really improve the team, and that all this was just a smokescreen, then there will be a new level of unrest. Talk of boycotting the Bournemouth game is all over twitter etc. It could well be that we have turned a corner in fan unrest. Hopefully so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Jaysus, Huddersfield have spent £46.2m ... just let that sink in for a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

emmetlego wrote: »
    You get the feeling though, that unless by some miracle, we buy a class player tomorrow to really improve the team, and that all this was just a smokescreen, then there will be a new level of unrest. Talk of boycotting the Bournemouth game is all over twitter etc. It could well be that we have turned a corner in fan unrest. Hopefully so!
    I will be extremely surprised if we buy anyone.
    There's something very nasty going on behind the scenes at Arsenal. I hope it all comes out soon. No sign of the fabled "catalyst for change" anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I will be extremely surprised if we buy anyone.
    There's something very nasty going on behind the scenes at Arsenal. I hope it all comes out soon. No sign of the fabled "catalyst for change" anyway.

We all know what's happening. The money is going to America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

We all know what's happening. The money is going to America.

Well that LA Rams stadium is not going to fund itself now...

Well that LA Rams stadium is not going to fund itself now...

I only read about that whole fiasco lately... Stan is some piece of work altogether. He doesn't give a flying fück about those fans either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How lucky is the club with there being a International break?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

He doesn't give a flying fück about those fans either.

In fairness, name an owner that does. I'd struggle to do so, perhaps I could find one outside of the top two leagues.

CatInABox wrote: »
    In fairness, name an owner that does. I'd struggle to do so, perhaps I could find one outside of the top two leagues.

It's not so much that he doesn't care. He seems to actively hate us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hows about the poor fools that paid to go up to Liverpool last weekend and had to watch a player that had already told the club he wanted out, play against his soon to be new club. Shocking decision by the man in charge to even have Ox near the squad, they knew he was going, why rearrange the team to suit him. Embarrassing all around

Apparently the club are willing to let Sanchez go, if they get a replacement in first. Draxler is the first choice, according to John Cross.

PSG might do business with Mbappe and Neymar costing 58 gazillion!!! Football, as we knew it, is dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The fans that travelled at the weekend should be reimbursed by the club. I wish I could be reimbursed for watching on telly.

The fans that travelled at the weekend should be reimbursed by the club. I wish I could be reimbursed for watching on telly.

Even if you watched a dodgy stream you should be compensated for the mental scarring from that game.... not that i condone that type of thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If we are binning Sanchez, hopefully we can bin Ozil too. Start again hopefully with lots of money if Wenger goes please God.

If we are binning Sanchez, hopefully we can bin Ozil too. Start again hopefully with lots of money if Wenger goes please God.
    Speaks volumes that nobody wants to buy Ozil off us!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sums it up nicely. Sorry if a re post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I'm trying to work out how much failing to offload some of the deadwood is costing us. Looking at the salary information available (which is dubious).

By my best guess, the transfers out anticipated at the start of the summer Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Debuchy, Chambers, Perez and Campbell would have resulted in £30m being removed from the wage bill. I don't know what fees they would have expected to recoup from those, but judging by the asking prices for Gibbs and Perez at the start of the summer I think they were hoping for something close to £45-50m for all.

In reality, with Gibbs, Gabriel and Ox gone we've only got £11m in wage reduction and £50-55m in fees. A shortfall of £20m perhaps.

Kolasinac, even though he was free will still result in a charge of £30m or so to the books given his contract. Lacazette potentially £50m in wages on top of the £52m fee.

£132m already spent, a shortfall in net incomings of at least £20m. That's starting to sound very similar to the £150m Ornstein was talking about at the beginning of the summer.

Could it really be that simple?

Remember 2013 when Arsenal had to offload alot of deadwood such as Gervinho, Santos, etc, and we were optimistic we could finally start challenging with the arrival of Ozil? 4 years later we are even looking forward to offloading Ozil.

The constant has been Wenger throughout this period. He was the deadwood that needed to be got rid of.

Balancing the books is all well and good but you still have the obligation of sending men out on to the field to go to war and not nancy boys and wimps. That is the culture we have had to endure. Naive nancy boys and wimps and the ego trip that is Wengerball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Are the people who said earlier in the year "Wait till the transfer window closes before judging Wenger" still confident that we'll be happier in 24hours time?

Gibbs, Ox and Chesney gone in this window, how are we for the homegrown players???

Quazzie wrote: »
    Are the people who said earlier in the year "Wait till the transfer window closes before judging Wenger" still confident that we'll be happier in 24hours time?

There can't be any of them still left surely? :confused:

The funniest thing about all of this is that Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for a donkey.

The funniest thing about all of this is that Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for a donkey.

Klopp will get the best out of him, wait and see and i reckon Pulis might see something in Gibbs too. I hope they do and further put this 'Wenger knows best' b0llocks to bed.

Klopp will play him in a position where he will soar. Our idiot trying to shoehorn him into a full back despite having Kosalinac on the bench.

Can we all just agree I was right and I'll leave it at that? :pac:

• Advertisement

Liverpool fan and don't have a clue about your financial situation but seems from the outside that Wenger (who always was the best at buying value players) will simply not pay the stupid fees that this market is dictating which is admirable in one way and stupid in another.

Do yous even care that ox is gone? Sanchez obv would be a different kettle of fish.

I actually feel for you lads, we (both our teams) always get bullied , but such is life we bully the smaller teams. football is gone mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can we all just agree I was right and I'll leave it at that? :pac:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

So we will end this window with quite possibly multiple players who don't want to be playing for Arsenal. Complete joke.

Liverpool fan and don't have a clue about your financial situation but seems from the outside that Wenger (who always was the best at buying value players) will simply not pay the stupid fees that this market is dictating which is admirable in one way and stupid in another.

Do yous even care that ox is gone? Sanchez obv would be a different kettle of fish.

I actually feel for you lads, we (both our teams) always get bullied , but such is life we bully the smaller teams. football is gone mad

I don't think anyone knows what to believe anymore.
    Regarding Ox, I'm not bothered he's gone and I think Liverpool have vastly overpaid for him. However there is a decent player in there somewhere and clearly Wenger couldn't get it out of him, maybe Klopp will.
    Part of me thinks, fcuk him for leaving after all the chances he got, after thinking about it for a while, part of me has a bit of respect for him, especially if he turned down far higher money by staying at Arsenal or go to Chelsea as reported. If he did turn down all that extra wage just to further his career then I guess you can't question him cause sure as fook he was going nowhere at this circus.

Ornstein reporting this morning that Mahrez has left international camp to go to a new club and its not us (Barca the faves according to the bookies)
    Also reporting that Mustafi deal to Italy has fallen through so he's staying put.
    We were already sh1t defensively, sold Gibbs and Gabriel, keeping faith in 2 injury prone ageing players Per and Kos. We'll also have to play Mustafi along the line who clearly wants out.
    What an exciting few months we're in for watching a handful of players who don't even want to be at the club and a manager and board that most fans don't want at the club.
    You would have to laugh if it wasn't so serious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking at the figures regarding wages and the alleged shortfall, how on earth did the club expect to keep Ozil and Sanchez in the first place if there's no money there for wages?

Bottom line is, they are lying to the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

aaaand Deadline day it is! Not optimistic about this one but hey we can only play the players we have in disposal and are there players who wants to play for Arsenal still? Maybe not now because the club gone toxic .

Heard some players wants Alexis out. Blame is on top management, it clearly reflects the state we are in as a club >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thinking about Financial Fair Play Arsenal were very ,very niave to think that it was ever going to take hold. The big clubs just laughed and found ways around it fairly easily while Arsene and Gazidis went in with both feet.

Can't wait for the next game at the Emirates, fans are going to be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

never gone into a transfer deadline day with such fear :( bad times ahead lads im afraid

Thinking about Financial Fair Play Arsenal were very ,very niave to think that it was ever going to take hold. The big clubs just laughed and found ways around it fairly easily while Arsene and Gazidis went in with both feet.

Can't wait for the next game at the Emirates, fans are going to be livid.

It is ironic that the whole FFP thing is coming back to bite them. Still, it's complete bollocks that we can't afford wages. If we needed to clear out wages, we would have been doing it at the start of the window. How would we have ever afforded to give Ozil, Sanchez and Ox massive pay increases?

I'm in London next weekend and was gonna try to get tickets for the Bournemouth match. On one hand, I feel like I shouldn't. On the other hand, it would be very interesting to be in there and see what the atmosphere is like.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

keano_afc wrote: »
    Looking at the figures regarding wages and the alleged shortfall, how on earth did the club expect to keep Ozil and Sanchez in the first place if there's no money there for wages?

Yeah have to wonder were the stories about the contracts offered to them pure lies now alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

it has to be time for some "get the board out" banners.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    it has to be time for some "get the board out" banners.......

Wenger is a big problem

But Stan is the biggest at the moment

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Whose missus did Mustafi shag, do you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Wenger is a big problem

But Stan is the biggest at the moment

totally in for this. Fans obviously want Wenger out but i think the main problem is 'behind the scenes' in Arsenal which is Kroenke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just goes to show much the likes of sky really know, Llorente to Chelsea was being spouted all week them out of nowhere he's signing for Spurs

They spout ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Soups123 wrote: »
    Just goes to show much the likes of sky really know, Llorente to Chelsea was being spouted all week them out of nowhere he's signing for Spurs

They spout ****e

Well its similar to us and Ox, no? Just because a bid is accepted doesnt mean the player is going. Llorente might prefer Chelsea due to his relationship with Conte. He may well bide his time until/if a counter offer is made.

That's some serious flip flopping, I don't think Chambers is good enough long term but he'll get plenty of gametime this season

Ornstein also mentions in another tweet that Leicester bid £20 million for Chambers last night and it was rejected, apparently we told Palace that it would cost 27 million for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

There has to be something massive going on behind the scenes at Arsenal that hasn't come out yet. Were supposed to be really well off financially - cash reserves of 100 mill plus not to long ago wasn't there? So where's all the fcuking money gone? Is the Silent One bleeding the club dry on the sly? How is the water so muddy? You'd think in an era where secrets are extremely hard to keep under wraps for too long that somebody somewhere would know what the hell is going on in the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah have to wonder were the stories about the contracts offered to them pure lies now alright.

I'd say the "no money" line is the pure lie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement