Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Sky sources understand Arsenal are very happy with their transfer business this summer.

The Gunners have signed two players - Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette. - Skysports

here we are tearing our hair assuming something wrong behind the scenes...but they're jolly happy.

SANCHEZ LATEST

Arsenal have received no further bids for Alexis Sanchez and will not accept a cash offer as they don't have enough time to do a deal for the level of player they require to replace the Chile international.

The Gunners feel they've done good business getting £40m for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the last year of contract and are not minded to sell Sanchez, who they want to keep at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sky sources understand Arsenal are very happy with their transfer business this summer.

The Gunners have signed two players - Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette. - Skysports

here we are tearing our hair assuming something wrong behind the scenes...but they're jolly happy.

The source has been revealed to be I. Gazidis, from north London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

No amount of spin will cover this shambles up. The club is spiralling out of control, on and off the pitch.

My only hope is that they are sitting on a massive transfer and have to keep it all quiet until it's done to stop others swooping in. I know. Delusional. I need help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

SANCHEZ LATEST

Arsenal have received no further bids for Alexis Sanchez and will not accept a cash offer as they don't have enough time to do a deal for the level of player they require to replace the Chile international.

The Gunners feel they've done good business getting £40m for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the last year of contract and are not minded to sell Sanchez, who they want to keep at the club.

That's where they are all wrong, they shouldn't be looking to replace Sanchez, they should be looking for more top quality players to play alongside him

There's a bit more to this

"Contrary to reports, Arsenal have money to spend but what amounted to significant funds a year ago, may not be considered big money now in context of some of the deals that have been done in Europe and elsewhere in the Premier League this summer."

There's a bit more to this

"Contrary to reports, Arsenal have money to spend but what amounted to significant funds a year ago, may not be considered big money now in context of some of the deals that have been done in Europe and elsewhere in the Premier League this summer."

Who is this quote from?

#deadline day

DIjATlcW4AAH2C4.jpg

emmetlego wrote: »
    Who is this quote from?

Sky Sports Sources at Arsenal -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well that's depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Chile are playing at 23:30 tonight, so perhaps Sanchez future will be sorted early.

Or maybe they mightn't bother with a medical all, then the Spanish transfer window is open until tomorrow night so still chances of players going there - Perez obviously, but who knows barca might get desperate & resign Alexis

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Had a dream we signed Van Djik quite depressing to wake up and realise reality. 6th at best this season even at that it's optimistic players do not want to play for Wenger its as clear as crystal.

giphy.gif

Stan's warchest keeps getting bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I just cannot fathom how Kroenke does not want to sell Sanchez now for cash rather than let a realisable asset walk out of the club for free in a few months.

It just does not seem like him.

If it is true, I guess Vince McMahon was right when he said Kroenke should be arrested for being a terrible businessman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I am still trying to figure out why Wenger hung on giving what is happening behind the scenes. We are only 3 games into the season and it is already looking like a write off with players leaving and others not wanting to be there. He could have left with his dignity in place but the way things are turning out he probably will not last the season, there will be too much pressure from fans and media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I just cannot fathom how Kroenke does not want to sell Sanchez now for cash rather than let a realisable asset walk out of the club for free in a few months.

It just does not seem like him.

If it is true, I guess Vince McMahon was right when he said Kroenke should be arrested for being a terrible businessman.

I'm sure Kroenke does want to sell Sanchez, he doesn't care about Arsenal the football team.
    I said yesterday that I'd sell Sanchez, but now I'm backtracking on it. **** Kroenke, I'd rather see Sanchez leave on a free than that slimey leech get the £60-£70m which won't be put back into the playing squad. The season as far as I'm concerned is done, have zero expectations so it makes no odds whether Sanchez throws a strop for the season.

Ox officially confirmed to Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

now been linked with Barkely. As a replacement for Sanchez? No thanks!

He's injured as well isn't he ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

greendom wrote: »

Out until December I believe yes.

greendom wrote: »

Out until December I believe yes.

That would be the icing on the cake :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well then he's the perfect replacement! :Rolleyes:

Sky saying Everton interested in taking Lucas on Loan, but he prefers loan to Deportivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Newcastle and Everton interested on Lucas but like stated above he prefers to move back to Spain.

Again no point keeping players who doesn't want to play for the club.

Mustafi looks like a dead deal since we could not find any replacement.

Glad that Ox transfer has been confirmed. Who's left? Debuchy and Sanchez ?

5star02707 wrote: »
    Newcastle and Everton interested on Lucas but like stated above he prefers to move back to Spain.

Again no point keeping players who doesn't want to play for the club.

Mustafi looks like a dead deal since we could not find any replacement.

Glad that Ox transfer has been confirmed. Who's left? Debuchy and Sanchez ?

Harsh on Perez, im sure he'd like to stay but the manager clearly has no time for him.
    Debuchy is on somewhere in the region of 60-70k a week playing for the U23's. Not too shabby if you can get it

At this stage we need to take Debuchy for a "walk in the woods" with a shovel and shotgun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gandalf wrote: »
    At this stage we need to take Debuchy for a "walk in the woods" with a shovel and shotgun.....

You could bring a few others on that walk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Arsenal are a bit tight for cash at the moment, but once they have the stadium in LA built we'll be in a stronger position to buy players...... :D

http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/new-nfl-stadium-los-angeles/index.html

marvin80 wrote: »
    Arsenal are a bit tight for cash at the moment, but once they have the stadium in LA built we'll be in a stronger position to buy players...... :D

http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/new-nfl-stadium-los-angeles/index.html

Lol yeah right! Kroenke won't be investing in Arsenal at all. Our cash pile gives him leverage for projects like that and will continue to as long as he is the majority shareholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Joel Campbell on his way to Real Betis, Jack Wilshere on his way to West Ham apparently, Arsenal on their way to obilivion

wawaman wrote: »
    Joel Campbell on his way to Real Betis, Jack Wilshere on his way to West Ham apparently, Arsenal on their way to obilivion

and Lucas to Deportivo confirmed it seems

• Advertisement

Sky Sports reporting Man City have been in contact with Arsenal in the last hour and have made a second bid for Alexis Sanchez.

The new fee is unknown at present. Still no other players involved. - Skysports

"Manchester City make cash bid of £55m, plus £5m in add-ons for Alexis Sanchez."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The papers and other media seem to be full of rubbish today. All guess-work.
    Don't buy into it lads. We're getting nobody and that's not guess work, that's reality. Wenger will be out with the excuses tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just out of interest I notice that FC Koln have a net spend of around £30 million, compared to our net profit of €20 million for this window.

Like, the relative easy pickings of the Uefa cup group stage contains teams that are willing to spend far more than us on strengthening.

Thank f*ckin Jesus in heaven we're not against the actual big teams in Europe this season.

We're back in for Lemar according to Sky. I seriously doubt it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Sure what are we going to do with him? Keep him on the bench until Monreal gets injured?

This is because we have agreed to sell Sanchez imo.
    Wenger just getting the excuses in that we tried to sign Lemar but ran out of time. If he was going anywhere he'd be heading to Liverpool again just my opinion.

Wilshere to Stoke on loan apparently.

Alexis close to sign for City for £55 + £5. Arsenal asked for few hours to sign Thomas Lemar, which they confident they are going to do

— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) August 31, 2017

Don't know whether to believe it or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Alexis close to sign for City for £55 + £5. Arsenal asked for few hours to sign Thomas Lemar, which they confident they are going to do

— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) August 31, 2017

Don't know whether to believe it or not

It's Guillem Balague so I'd forget about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

FixitFelix wrote: »
    It's Guillem Balague so I'd forget about it

If he is reporting Alexis is leaving then he is staying

If Lemar wants to arrive into this sh1tshow then id lose all respect for him. Why would any top player come to the emirates

wonga77 wrote: »
    If Lemar wants to arrive into this sh1tshow then id lose all respect for him. Why would any top player come to the emirates

Masochism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

wonga77 wrote: »
    Why would any top player come to the emirates

£50m quid in wages over the next few years would probably have something to do with it.

Everyone up in arms it seems -

Arsenal having a 'mare

13290cea-cdda-4420-97a5-503ab8ec8d44.jpg

Arsenal

Akhil Vyas, Arsenal Supporters' Trust:
    1. For Arsenal, it's turned into a bit of a 'mare! We are in serious danger of losing Alexis Sanchez with potentially no replacement. There's is a dilemma between internal or external disruption with Alexis.
    This should have been resolved weeks ago.
    2. A good day now for Arsenal realistically would be either keep Alexis or sell but replace him with a Draxler type signing. But we fear we could up with no one coming in & Alexis going out which would be a huge blow

• Advertisement

and the Mail. I think Arsenal will sell Sanchez to City if they can get someone of Lemar's calibre in, otherwise he won't be moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'd rather the club don't bring in any new players at the moment. Until there's change at the top it would be just like adding a set of alloys to a Lada - all show but no go.

Unless the player is absolutely world class then it's going to make no difference to this season

If Sanchez goes then we're rightly f****d unless they sign a Lemar or Draxler type. If that happens, I'd be quietly happy or less angry should I say.

Let Alexis off if he wants it. Don't blame him. Getting a high quality replacement is a must though!

I wonder what Walcott's like as a right back?

emmetlego wrote: »
    If Sanchez goes then we're rightly f****d unless they sign a Lemar or Draxler type. If that happens, I'd be quietly happy or less angry should I say.

Let Alexis off if he wants it. Don't blame him. Getting a high quality replacement is a must though!

we'd actually be better off (depending on his quality of course). A new signing would be signing a 4 or 5 year deal wheras Alexis will be off for nowt next Summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement