Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    we'd actually be better off (depending on his quality of course). A new signing would be signing a 4 or 5 year deal wheras Alexis will be off for nowt next Summer.

Given where things are at, I'd be fine with Sanchez going if a replacement comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

wonga77 wrote: »
    If Lemar wants to arrive into this sh1tshow then id lose all respect for him. Why would any top player come to the emirates

Loads of money on offer and absolutely no pressure to succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I wonder what Walcott's like as a right back?

cant be any worse than he is as a striker or winger !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

£90m bid for Lemar being reported from likely unreliable sources.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/903244733044150275

Arsenal accept £60m Sanchez bid. They're having a field day with this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mirror claiming we've accepted 60 million for Sanchez. Arsenal have less than 9 hours to stop riots in North London

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    £90m bid for Lemar being reported from likely unreliable sources.

Yeah. Lemar, Draxler and Van Dijk signings to be announced later today.

greendom wrote: »
    Mirror claiming we've accepted 60 million for Sanchez. Arsenal have less than 9 hours to stop riots in North London

Another big smile from Stan.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Not that sad to see Sanchez go but we are a shambles.

Nobody will come in and we will finish the season in 7th. Rest of the players out of contract next year will leave and we spend the next 10 years as a mid table club

Not that sad to see Sanchez go but we are a shambles.

Nobody will come in and we will finish the season in 7th. Rest of the players out of contract next year will leave and we spend the next 10 years as a mid table club
    9 out of contract next summer and 8 the summer after.

• Advertisement

And letting Jack go on loan is a joke. After the performance ramsey and xhaka put in last week he surely should get a chance to improve on that.

Our center mid is poison at the moment

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My sources say that bid wouldn't be accepted unless Draxler or Lemar were in the bag.

My sources say that bid wouldn't be accepted unless Draxler or Lemar were in the bag.

Doesn't matter really. They might come in and do well but neither will replace the goals we are losing. To be honest though the way this season has started we could sign messi and ronaldo and we would still miss out on top 4

Doesn't matter really. They might come in and do well but neither will replace the goals we are losing. To be honest though the way this season has started we could sign messi and ronaldo and we would still miss out on top 4

Yeah doesn't matter a jot in the bigger picture who we do or don't sign until Stan and Wenger are gone, which is why I'm pretty indifferent about Sanchez leaving.

And letting Jack go on loan is a joke. After the performance ramsey and xhaka put in last week he surely should get a chance to improve on that.

Our center mid is poison at the moment

Where did you see that?

Yeah doesn't matter a jot in the bigger picture who we do or don't sign until Stan and Wenger are gone, which is why I'm pretty indifferent about Sanchez leaving.

Not going to happen.
    Stan is using Arsenal as a host to feed his other businesses.
    Wenger is his right-hand man.

Where did you see that?

Sky sports saying Birmingham want him.

Where did you see that?

Reports are he's off to Stoke of all places

Sky sports saying Birmingham want him.
    At some stage the way things are going we'll need him a lot more.

• Advertisement

Not going to happen.
    Stan is using Arsenal as a host to feed his other businesses.
    Wenger is his right-hand man.

Signing one of them wouldn't hinder his feeding one bit, with sanchez and ox transfers spending 90m on a player today still nets a profit overall.

Where did you see that?

Sky and Papers are linking him with a host of teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

So Sanchez will be allowed to leave if we get a replacement first (Draxler or Lemar)

Don't have any preference but we need Wingers that can cross and cut inside i'd say do it.

But then again getting our hopes up and heart break in the end :L :L :L

Would honestly prefer if we didnt replace. I dont want Wenger spending any more money. Would prefer it to build up for the next manager. Why trust a guy who spends £50m on Mustafi and Perez and tries his best to offload them a year later.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Would honestly prefer if we didnt replace. I dont want Wenger spending any more money. Would prefer it to build up for the next manager. Why trust a guy who spends £50m on Mustafi and Perez and tries his best to offload them a year later.

1. Wenger wont be going anywhere
    2. Even if he did we don't build up money. It magically disappears at least if we get a player we can see when they are being taken out of the club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't disagree but the next manager will operate on the same restrictions as Wenger. I don't want us to replace to the emirates can implode and a real push for change from the fans can start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How we all feel right now

3u89536k92jz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I get the feeling, but if we don't replace them, we'll fall even further behind - making us a less attractive option for managers and players once Wenger does eventually leave.

https://twitter.com/1JonnyRoss/status/903249529864114177

Sanchez's twitter just liked this. If it is him taking the piss out of the lad singing then thats bad form. Lads a bit of an idiot but no need to rub it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I've just seen that on twitter as well. Don't know why he would like the tweet if he knew he was going though.

Yeah I've just seen that on twitter as well. Don't know why he would like the tweet if he knew he was going though.

Only answer is that he or whoever is running his twitter is a bit of a bell end

• Advertisement

We've submitted 95 million for lemar apparently. club has accepted but he wants to go to liverpool

We've submitted 95 million for lemar apparently. club has accepted but he wants to go to liverpool

I said that a few posts ago. Why would he want to come here?

Link to source? I only see this from Liverpool supporter twitter feeds....and I have to search to find it.

My apologies, i missed it. It always fascinates me how Liverpool can attract big names.

Basil3, It popped up on the Reddit deadline day feed
    https://www.reddit.com/live/zj0qt6zl0lf4/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Wolves have actually spent more than us this Summer...let me say that again ... WOLVES, in the Championship, HAVE SPENT MORE MONEY THAN ARSENAL THIS SUMMER ...... lantern ****, what is going on!!!

Wolves have actually spent more than us this Summer...let me say that again ... WOLVES, in the Championship, HAVE SPENT MORE MONEY THAN ARSENAL THIS SUMMER ...... lantern ****, what is going on!!!

Any club that has spent money, has spent more than Arsenal.

So I just saw this....

DIkH78dWsAAWKNM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is what you get for never spending the money required. So say we're sitting on 90 million for the last three years. Three years ago 90 million would have built the spine of a team, now it barely gets you one decent player. Stingy cûnts that run our club aren't prepared to spend that on a single player now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

So I just saw this....

DIkH78dWsAAWKNM.jpg

been proven a fake, the guy in that picture on twitter has a tattoo on his arm (cant see it in this picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Apparently that pic above is a fake. It's Leroy Sane with Sanchez head photoshopped on it. I'll admit it does look real though.

• Advertisement

At least it prepares us for later.

That photo is a fake.

Wenger supposedly in Paris. Probably got a commentating gig on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

France v Holland tonight?

That photo is a fake.

Commenting on everything not Arsenal as per usual.

That photo is a fake.

Well at least he's getting the important stuff done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Well at least he's getting the important stuff done.

Well France are playing tonight and Lemar is in the squad. It won't happen though, Wenger blatantly trolling us now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Is it midnight that the misery fun finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

jester77 wrote: »
    Is it midnight that the misery fun finishes?

11pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

£90m for Lemar. Panic buying?

• Advertisement

£90m for Lemar. Panic buying?

Highly unlikely it will happen.

"But they tried"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement