Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

We should have spent money on the Monaco technical staff who scout their players. They have earned their club huge money this year.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely it will happen.

"But they tried"

That's exactly my first thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

£90m for Lemar. Panic buying?

If they would only buy a few good CB's i'd be happy enough. Even one.
    We have a disgraceful defence.
    Won't be happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

If they would only buy a few good CB's i'd be happy enough. Even one.
    We have a disgraceful defence.
    Won't be happening though.

Exactly.
    Quickest & easiest way to improve the team is to address the shocking defence. Shocking that this area has basically been ignored & depleted rather than reinforced adequately.

No amount of Lemar/Sanchez/Ox/Draxler nonsense will make up for the lack of signing a solid CB.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lemar offer supposedly at £92m.

It's crazy...had we gone in at the start of the window before they sold everyone else, we probably could have got him for half that.....it would have also sent out a sign that we mean business.

Not that I believe we are really in with a hope of signing him. It's not going to solve our problems either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone know if James Ducker from the Telegraph is reliable? Says we have agreed a fee with Monaco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Soups123 wrote: »
    But surely selling the players suits neither side it just exposes them to blame, both Kronke and Usmanov and it undermines Wenger too. I can't get my hear around it at all. There is a lot of damage being done to the club.

My thinking is Kronke won't spend, won't pay the demands of Sanchez and is telling Wenger he needs to sell players from the squad. Wenger showed him what the players are like Kronke things are good enough by playing them Saturday

I don't know, it's all guessing games
    rubbish imo.

if that was the case why would wenger extend and manage this ****hole of a club?

he should have jump ship

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

rubbish imo.

if that was the case why would wenger extend and manage this ****hole of a club?

he should have jump ship

8 million reasons

But being honest this was a bit of casual back and forth a few days ago, I've no idea what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone know if James Ducker from the Telegraph is reliable? Says we have agreed a fee with Monaco
    He is no Ornstein, but generally a decent source.

At this stage, I don't want Sanchez next season. Surely his heart wouldn't be in it? Lemar is a really good replacement and still young, Sanchez is nearly 30 and 1 year left. If it happens it's not the complete disaster I feared it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Wenger is on £10m a year, his last contract was £8m a year. Yes he got a pay rise for finishing 5th last season and the fans not wanting him to carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Wenger is on £10m a year, his last contract was £8m a year. Yes he got a pay rise for finishing 5th last season and the fans not wanting him to carry on.

Must have bargained that he would return a profit over the Summer so he could get that pay rise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

emmetlego wrote: »
    He is no Ornstein, but generally a decent source.

At this stage, I don't want Sanchez next season. Surely his heart wouldn't be in it? Lemar is a really good replacement and still young, Sanchez is nearly 30 and 1 year left. If it happens it's not the complete disaster I feared it would be.

If we are willing to bid this much now, why the hell didnt we do it in June/July? Just proves there isnt a coherant plan in place

wawaman wrote: »

Apparently that is correct but the player does not want Arsenal, he wants to go to Liverpool.
    Read that from some source today. Don't know if there's any truth in it but my guess is it's right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

im sorry but, arsenal bid 30m on lemar a few weeks ago and bid 92m now.....

that is just crazy!!!

Apparently that is correct but the player does not want Arsenal, he wants to go to Liverpool.
    Read that from some source today. Don't know if there's any truth in it but my guess is it's right.

The source of that quote is a 'reporter' who lives in london and has been tweeting for 2 weeks.

bangkok wrote: »
    im sorry but, arsenal bid 30m on lemar a few weeks ago and bid 92m now.....

that is just crazy!!!

Nope, that is desperation. Clusterfcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

latest is that Arsenal have withdrawn their bid for Lemar and Sanchez will stay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

greendom wrote: »

:pac: think it's time I switched off from transfer deadline day. All the reporters are just making stuff up as they go along.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

For **** sake. I think I need a pint

I'll beat the club with every stick but on the fees we ain't the only club paying stupid money or offering stupid money for players of the Lemar offer is true

Barca offers €120m for countinho
    They paid the same for Dembele
    Sigurdson was 40+ million
    Ox 40m

There's many more out there the whole fcukin market is destroyed

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    The source of that quote is a 'reporter' who lives in london and has been tweeting for 2 weeks.
    So he was right. He won't come to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

:pac: think it's time I switched off from transfer deadline day. All the reporters are just making stuff up as they go along.

100%

Wenger in France = Lemar being signed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

why cant we try sign what we actually need for *uck sake..... we need a center half and a strong defense minded midfielder. idiots

What a complete shambles this window has been. The very man who preaches and pontificates about stability has brought nothing but instability to this club and in particular these past few months with the speculation over his new contract. This man craves the spotlight and attention every bit as much as Mourinho and has become every bit as disruptive.

The players wanted him gone, the fans wanted him gone and id hazard a guess some of the board wanted him gone, but his puppet master Stan wanted him to stay :mad:

I wish both would just f-off and ruin some other club.

So much for this 'Strong British Core' we are meant to be developing :rolleyes:

Victory through harmony my hole! Duffys circus with Wenger acting Clown and ringmaster :mad:

Duffys circus with Wenger acting Clown and ringmaster :mad:

I was at Duffy's circus two weeks ago, it was brilliant. €50 quid for two seats though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

:pac: think it's time I switched off from transfer deadline day.

Are you mad, have you seen the rack on that Natalie Sawyer one, must be eating pillows....HOLY JESUS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This sh!tstained skidmark of a club have been taking the piss for far too long now. The whole Lemar business stinks, I doubt there's any substance to it. No way we're offering that amount of money for a player.

The only business that would see us at least compete this year wont be done. Wenger is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

At this point I'd rather we just push City for as much as we can for Sanchez and run away with the money.

Overall I'd prefer to see Lacazette start in the middle with Ozil / Iwobi sharing the left sided attacking role, with Walcott and Wellbeck sharing the right. If we get Lemar in I'm pretty sure it will be the start of a slow decline for Iwobi as he's not going to get enough game time. The right side is the weakest point in our attack anyway, not the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

At this point I'd rather we just push City for as much as we can for Sanchez and run away with the money.

The only problem is that it won't be Arsenal FC running away with the money :(

keano_afc wrote: »
    This sh!tstained skidmark of a club have been taking the piss for far too long now. The whole Lemar business stinks, I doubt there's any substance to it. No way we're offering that amount of money for a player.

The only business that would see us at least compete this year wont be done. Wenger is still there.
    Smoke and mirrors.
    Just to get the excuse that we tried.

Overall I'd prefer to see Lacazette start in the middle with Ozil / Iwobi sharing the left sided attacking role, with Walcott and Wellbeck sharing the right. If we get Lemar in I'm pretty sure it will be the start of a slow decline for Iwobi as he's not going to get enough game time. The right side is the weakest point in our attack anyway, not the left.
    Any team that has either of those two on the right or anywhere near the team, Walcott or Welbeck, will challenge for feck all and win feck all games too. Both are useless. Testiment to Wenger's management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think it was a genuine bid but Lemar turned us down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus Ian Wright is going for it!
    Whoever leaves or whoever comes, AFC is still a great club❤️. Unfortunately there's a monkeys tea party going on upstairs 😢

[\url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gandalf wrote: »

I love Ian Wright.

Dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think it was a genuine bid but Lemar turned us down

It was genuine bid but once Monaco accepted we pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

It was genuine bid but once Monaco accepted we pulled out.

You couldnt make it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Would honestly prefer if we didnt replace. I dont want Wenger spending any more money. Would prefer it to build up for the next manager. Why trust a guy who spends £50m on Mustafi and Perez and tries his best to offload them a year later.

And he hasn't given them a fair crack yet not their fault

I wonder what Walcott's like as a right back?

Behind the dressing room:cool:

All that's left now is for them to sell Sanchez without the replacement to show how poisoned our club actually is. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Looks like nobody coming inwards,no harm ox gone,wish Gibbs the best, let alexis go and be done with all this sh t in the papers etc,like to see Campbell and Perez stay and get a decent chance, and arsene gone and some young players get a chance and rebuild for 5th or 6th place and get in a new manager in January.

Wishful thinking, hard to see arsenal like a joke on a merry go around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Looks like nobody coming inwards,no harm ox gone,wish Gibbs the best, let alexis go and be done with all this sh t in the papers etc,like to see Campbell and Perez stay and get a decent chance, and arsene gone and some young players get a chance and rebuild for 5th or 6th place and get in a new manager in January.

Wishful thinking, hard to see arsenal like a joke on a merry go around

Both Campbell and Perez are gone

Should have been the two W's instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And never given a chance. Even when Giroud was misfiring. Granted holding onto Giroud ta the best thing here BUT Perez and Campbell were never given a chance, whatever about Perez...Campbell has been thrown here there and everywhere by Wenger, how man loan spells has the man had!?!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's a pity nobody is in for Ozil in some ways. He seems to be the forgotten man really, with nobody mentioning him most likely leaving on a free after not re-signing in this window and nobody bidding for him. He would also be much easier to replace and argueably despite imo being a world class player might have actually resulted in a more balanced team if he had moved as Ramsey can play his role and that would allow for a more defensive minded player to play alongside Xhaka in midfield.

So is the assumed current narrative that Arsenal have now withdrawn their accepted bid for Lemar and as a result don't intend to sell Sanchez as they won't replace him? not sure which tweets/links to take on face value on a day like today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/903291783924285440

Another name thrown into the mix, can't see it happening either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/903291783924285440

Another name thrown into the mix, can't see it happening either.

Not enough time to sign lemar butbeniugh to sign rabbit?

Nobody has a clue what's happening do They?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement