Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It's a pity nobody is in for Ozil in some ways. He seems to be the forgotten man really, with nobody mentioning him most likely leaving on a free after not re-signing in this window and nobody bidding for him. He would also be much easier to replace and argueably despite imo being a world class player might have actually resulted in a more balanced team if he had moved as Ramsey can play his role and that would allow for a more defensive minded player to play alongside Xhaka in midfield.

So is the assumed current narrative that Arsenal have now withdrawn their accepted bid for Lemar and as a result don't intend to sell Sanchez as they won't replace him? not sure which tweets/links to take on face value on a day like today

He should stay forgotten considering his performances for Arsenal.

No one bids because for the potential price coupled with his wages, hes not even close to worth it.

Why Wenger persists with him is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

FixitFelix wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/903291783924285440

Another name thrown into the mix, can't see it happening either.

Not enough time to sign lemar butbeniugh to sign rabbit?

Nobody has a clue what's happening do They?
    Could you repeat that please, I'm not too fluent in Swahili!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Looks like nobody coming inwards,no harm ox gone,wish Gibbs the best, let alexis go and be done with all this sh t in the papers etc,like to see Campbell and Perez stay and get a decent chance, and arsene gone and some young players get a chance and rebuild for 5th or 6th place and get in a new manager in January.

Wishful thinking, hard to see arsenal like a joke on a merry go around

Both Campbell and Perez are gone
    Gone where?

Gone where?

Perez: Deportivo
    Campbell: Real Betis

I don't think the Lemar thing falling through is purely to do with us not having time. It's time for lots of different transfers to take place between multiple clubs. Way to complicated on deadline day, which of course makes you wonder why it's come to this.

As it stands, we will have Alexis who probably thought he was off to City, and Mustafi who Chambers who both know they're not wanted. Ridiculous stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Basil3 wrote: »
    Perez: Deportivo
    Campbell: Real Betis

Is that actually confirmed though?

Is that actually confirmed though?

Nope. More than one report of both, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/903307511272529920

So Lemar straight up said no. Can't blame him. Would have been the ideal way to offload Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sorry mods but shouldn't this be merged into The Humor Thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Fair play to Lemar. Why anyone would want anything to do with this circus of a football club is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/903307511272529920

So Lemar straight up said no. Can't blame him. Would have been the ideal way to offload Sanchez.
    It was reported earlier that the clubs agreed but Lemar refused to come to Arsenal. He wanted Liverpool. Hard to blame him if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Soo expectations for the season?
    Top four is out of th question. Will we finish above Everton? Will we be in the top half of the table even? The disharmony in this squad coupled with our absolutely useless manager has me thinking this will be our worst season for 30 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Best we can hope for is to have a run so bad that Wenger is forced out. Season is already done. Feels dirty even thinking like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tinpot club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Debuchy to survive another window? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Best we can hope for is to have a run so bad that Wenger is forced out. Season is already done. Feels dirty even thinking like that

The arsenal squad isnt done. Yes its in a bad state and moral is very low, but a few wins could easily turn the situation around.

Yes I agree Wenger should go, but its not impossible for teh squad he was now to achieve top 4. Its a hard ask, yes, but its possible.

Players refusing to come to our toxic club now. We have a toxic manager and a toxic board.
    I hope that there's as much disruption as possible around the club and at our games. We need to be rid of this shower of leeches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Feel sorry for Lacazette, a promising player who has joined a sinking ship... He must really regret joining...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What sort of lies did they tell kolasnic and lacazette to get them here I wonder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Players refusing to come to our toxic club now. We have a toxic manager and a toxic board. I hope that there's as much disruption as possible around the club and at our games. We need to be rid of this shower of leeches.

Couldn't agree more. Find myself drifting further and further away from loving the club with each and every embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Our transfer business like the team ****. Sanchez is temperamental enough, without having to stay at a club he does not want. Going to be fun this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Not a hope of top 4

Mid table club now

Not a hope of top 4

Mid table club now

I'd say our starting 11 is stronger than last season, despite all the shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'd say our starting 11 is stronger than last season, despite all the shenanigans.

And now we don't have to worry about trying to keep f*ckin Oxlade happy. Might get a line up that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be fair Chelsea the premier league champions are getting beaten to players all summer and they have there South American problem child....its not just us

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/903317279672340480

Perez confirmed. Yet another weird one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think we still have a top 4 squad, but we have a manager that has clearly lost the confidence of the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I liked Perez. Shame he never got a look in.

Except those games when he played and nearly always scored.

That was all very weird.

Ramsey just wrote a goodbye message to the ox

Finished it calling us a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Guys I have a theory about whats been happening over the last few years so bare with me...

The theory is that someone at arsenal are sabotaging the progress that Wenger is trying to do, whether it one person or a collective few there looks to be an unknown influence in negating development under Wenger. Wenger despite all his short comings has increasingly looked inept year on year, window after window; you have to wonder can one man who some consider to be such a legend within these walls become so bad and regress as a coach so much, surely no one with such status would do that right? Of course he wouldn't do that, so...what is happening? Well, you have to remember that their where many board members that did not want Wenger to sign an extension and a feeling that Wenger had free reigns over everything was becoming negative, with this board member or members going against the interest of what Wenger wants to do (and remember he gets to do what he wants) it allows for increased upheaval causing unrest in every quarter of the club, angry fans, players leaving, players don't want to come, poor team performances etc. How many times have they tried to change certain things in order to get things right? The new physio to solve our injury problems, bringing in new coaches to help with improving tactical awareness has it worked? NO...so what does this mean? All of these negative factors in a "business" such as arsenal decreases the value of the club, over time the value of arsenal decreases to such a point that if an offer comes in for a full takeover current business rules and laws means that it cannot be rejected, and who be only person associated with club and the ambition to take this club further?

Usmanov

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

:rolleyes:
    Guys I have a theory about whats been happening over the last few years so bare with me...

The theory is that someone at arsenal are sabotaging the progress that Wenger is trying to do, whether it one person or a collective few there looks to be an unknown influence in negating development under Wenger. Wenger despite all his short comings has increasingly looked inept year on year, window after window; you have to wonder can one man who some consider to be such a legend within these walls become so bad and regress as a coach so much, surely no one with such status would do that right? Of course he wouldn't do that, so...what is happening? Well, you have to remember that their where many board members that did not want Wenger to sign an extension and a feeling that Wenger had free reigns over everything was becoming negative, with this board member or members going against the interest of what Wenger wants to do (and remember he gets to do what he wants) it allows for increased upheaval causing unrest in every quarter of the club, angry fans, players leaving, players don't want to come, poor team performances etc. How many times have they tried to change certain things in order to get things right? The new physio to solve our injury problems, bringing in new coaches to help with improving tactical awareness has it worked? NO...so what does this mean? All of these negative factors in a "business" such as arsenal decreases the value of the club, over time the value of arsenal decreases to such a point that if an offer comes in for a full takeover current business rules and laws means that it cannot be rejected, and who be only person associated with club and the ambition to take this club further?

Usmanov

giphy.gif

Usmanov
    Ok Johnny so someone else is picking the team and switching the defenders to positions that they are not used to. And those same people picked Welbeck and left Lacazette and Kolasinic on the bench last week?

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think we still have a top 4 squad, but we have a manager that has clearly lost the confidence of the dressing room.
    We have a squad that could make top 4 with the right training and motivation.
    Now if only we had a manager capable of doing that instead of the nutty professor.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

People now trying to come up with board / shareholder conspiracy theories to defend Wenger????
    Lol

Wenger is past it. He is not helped by Stan or Ivan but he is as much to blame if not more for the shambles on the pitch.

Even Kos, Laca and Giroud going to Lemar's bedroom couldn't convince him to join. Who would have thought Ollie's charm could be resisted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I wouldn't read too much into Perez going home. I remember reading when he joined us that he left Spain before but was always homesick and could never settle. Best of luck to him on his loan deal, but he was never getting a look in with us, so there was no point staying.

https://twitter.com/aaronramsey/status/903333121302700032

Still not too clever, given the current state of the club.

To be fair to Johnny i can understand his bewilderment at how a once great manager could disintegrate into such a farce. It really is hard to comprehend at times and over the years i too have found myself struggling and going, 'but what if???' or 'Maybe this is going on???'.....however the sad fact is like Tayto said, Wenger has been picking the team the last decade and has had control over every aspect of the club from the choice of dugout seats to the length of the grass. Even in transfer scenarios it is rumoured that Wenger pulled out of transfers that the negotiators had formally agreed on.

Wenger is allergic to convention despite many slaps in the face. Other managers will do their best to avoid failure but he will persist with his flawed interpretation of how football must be played.

I was at Duffy's circus two weeks ago, it was brilliant. €50 quid for two seats though.

The circus in North London can cost up to 64 pounds but for supporters of other teams it can be hilarious and sometimes even for Arsenal supporters too. Woeful naive tactics, lazy players, mad team selections....hey, as Arsene once said, 'We're in the entertainment business'

• Advertisement

A shambles of a summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

How do you figure that out,

How do you figure that out,

Well you tell me what you think our best starting 11 was last year, and I'll tell you a team from this season that will be better.

Usmanov

That's good stuff your being supplied, simple as arsene ego and greed

Well you tell me what you think our best starting 11 was last year, and I'll tell you a team from this season that will be better.

Would be great if he started some of our best 11 now and then.

It would have being a good season if we had 11 players with heart able to compete with the teams that finished above us in the champion league places.

• Advertisement

That's that we have what we have, what will be our starting 11

Czech
    Mustafi. Kos. Monreal
    Bellerin. Xhaka. Ramsey. Kosloanic
    Ozil. Sanchez
    Lacazette

Or

Cech
    Bellerin. Kos. Monreal. Kosloanic
    Xhaka. Ramsey.
    Iwobi. Ozil. Sanchez
    Laca

I think he will ditch the back 3 sooner rather than later

Just give us your best defence anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That's that we have what we have, what will be our starting 11

Czech
    Mustafi. Kos. Monreal
    Bellerin. Xhaka. Ramsey. Kosloanic
    Ozil. Sanchez
    Lacazette

Or

Cech
    Bellerin. Kos. Monreal. Kosloanic
    Xhaka. Ramsey.
    Iwobi. Ozil. Sanchez
    Laca

I think he will ditch the back 3 sooner rather than later

If we had a fully fit Cazorla, then that team should be competing at the top, not just for 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm just home. Gonna turn on SSN for the next two hours and pretend that we might buy someone at 10:59 while drinking bottles...Cry, have a ****, cry some more, burn my jersey, more beer, sleep.

jester77 wrote: »
    If we had a fully fit Cazorla, then that team should be competing at the top, not just for 4th

Forget about Cazorla. He's finished. He has had too many serious injuries and they take their toll. He's 32 now, 33 in December. He will not be the same player again. It is a very poor situation if we're relying on him to come back in and save our season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement