Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah and he gets rid ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah and he gets rid ....

Ideal so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Hasn't Rafa had issues with handling big players with big ego's? I could be completely wrong.

Not really.

He'll fall out with the owners though.
    Has done so at Valencia, Liverpool, Inter and Napoli.
    Only a matter of time before he falls out with Ashley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I don't see it happening that way.
    They would know they'd have to get someone better. A worse manager would only attract the same kind of attention. They won't want more of the same.

Haha are you serious? Do you actually trust the owner or board to select a good replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Haha are you serious? Do you actually trust the owner or board to select a good replacement?

That's the thing. Owner has to go first. He would just try and find somebody who stays away from chequebook management and as a result, less likely to win anything.

I can't understand those who want Wenger gone before Kronke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm serious.
    I think both need to go but Wenger will go first, wait and see.
    If he does then the board will appoint a better manager to try to keep the fans happy and the profits up. When have you ever seen a boss sacked before the foreman?

emmetlego wrote: »
    That's the thing. Owner has to go first. He would just try and find somebody who stays away from chequebook management and as a result, less likely to win anything.

I can't understand those who want Wenger gone before Kronke.
    If you're waiting on the boss to be sacked before the manager you'll be waiting a long time. It doesn't work that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I'm with Tayto on this one. We all want Kronke out but realistically it's not going to happen, he has a history of this with his other projects and he doesn't give a damn what the supporters think.
    We have 2 options, hope the results go to crap altogether and forces a dramatic change of heart from the board - unlikely
    Or plod along under Wenger in a never ending circle of good results followed by poor results with the odd hiding thrown in.
    Bottom line is that Wenger seems to have lost the ability to motivate the players anymore, whether it's true he's lost the dressing room is another thing. For the next few months at least, we're stuck with the same group of players, id rather see a manager who can get the best out of the current squad and restore a bit of pride in the performances. IMO Wenger can't do that.
    All a matter of opinion of course but no way that leech Kronke will go before Wenger

If you're waiting on the boss to be sacked before the manager you'll be waiting a long time. It doesn't work that way.

I know that, it's just the wishes I don't get, a new owner who enforces a new system on the manager, if he doesn't like it, he can feic off too. I personally want Kronke out before anyone else. He's bleeding us dry!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I know that, it's just the wishes I don't get, a new owner who enforces a new system on the manager, if he doesn't like it, he can feic off too. I personally want Kronke out before anyone else. He's bleeding us dry!
    I seriously doubt you'll ever see that happening unless Usmanov somehow gets control which he cannot because Kronke owns the majority.
    It doesn't favour Kronke going anywhere soon unfortunately as he owns 67% of the club.

• Advertisement

I seriously doubt you'll ever see that happening unless Usmanov somehow gets control which he cannot because Kronke owns the majority.
    It doesn't favour Kronke going anywhere soon unfortunately as he owns 67% of the club.

I agree. Only hope is Usmanov offers him silly money. Enough to build his poxy stadium in LA and have a nice holiday away from the ever growing crazy north Londoners who are trying to burn out his car and torture his dog every time he arrives over!

One can but dream.

Ozil with an assist for the Germans in a 2-1 win, any other Gunners in action tonight?

Owner first

Then Wenger

Both simultaneously preferably. One is as cancerous as the other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'm serious.
    I think both need to go but Wenger will go first, wait and see.
    If he does then the board will appoint a better manager to try to keep the fans happy and the profits up. When have you ever seen a boss sacked before the foreman?

Oh I know, it is far more likely that Wenger will be gone from the club one way or another before Kroenke. I still think that Kroenke and the board are the main problem, I would have zero confidence in any of them selecting or attracting a proper top class manager, and that is why I think it is more important for Kroenke to be out of the club more than I want Wenger out of the club.

By the way, as I think it is going unsaid, I think most people who want Kroenke out of the club first, want a new owner to replace Wenger immediately.

It is all well and good wishing this stuff too but I am well aware that nothing will happen. I will also say that fans that are paying through the nose to watch Arsenal have the right to do whatever they want, protest against the board/manager or continue to support the team 100%, that is up to each individual, there is no right thing to do.

greendom wrote: »
    I must be mad - I hope the team plays well and wins!

If it threw this regime over a cliff then id happily take a hammering now. The FA cup has come at a huge cost. It gave our happy loser a two year contract. And i think we probably caught a hungover and cocky Chelsea on the hop on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Kolasinac with a great Assist yesterday , for his size he's ****ing rapid, crazy that he's was left out last weekend

https://streamable.com/35jqz

Just imagine what would happen if Kroenke did sell to Usmanov.

Here's what would happen ..... Usmanov is a known fan of Wenger so he would offer Wenger a new 3 year contact and then give him gizzilions to spend.

The difference is though, Usmanov wouldnt be afraid to use the trap door and sack him. Standards might return and perhaps David Dein might have a say in the club again

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Kolasinac with a great Assist yesterdayfor his size he's ****ing rapid, crazy that he's was left out last weekend

Ah he's no Ox at full back now :pac:

Kolasinac with a great Assist yesterdayfor his size he's ****ing rapid, crazy that he's was left out last weekend

I know its early days but I really think we have a top player in Kolasinac, Leaving him out against Liverpool was bizarre on what we've seen so far from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

wonga77 wrote: »
    I know its early days but I really think we have a top player in Kolasinac, Leaving him out against Liverpool was bizarre on what we've seen so far from him

a stronger and better ashley cole :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Oh I know, it is far more likely that Wenger will be gone from the club one way or another before Kroenke. I still think that Kroenke and the board are the main problem, I would have zero confidence in any of them selecting or attracting a proper top class manager, and that is why I think it is more important for Kroenke to be out of the club more than I want Wenger out of the club.

By the way, as I think it is going unsaid, I think most people who want Kroenke out of the club first, want a new owner to replace Wenger immediately.

It is all well and good wishing this stuff too but I am well aware that nothing will happen. I will also say that fans that are paying through the nose to watch Arsenal have the right to do whatever they want, protest against the board/manager or continue to support the team 100%, that is up to each individual, there is no right thing to do.

Well said.
    Kroenke will just employ another yes man.
    I've this awful feeling Wenger is trying to save us from this cancerous American leech but at this stage of his managerial career he's just not able too.
    Like ya say Dolph,New owner comes in and Wenger goes is the best scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Kolasinac with a great Assist yesterday , for his size he's ****ing rapid, crazy that he's was left out last weekend

That's a lovely dink to assist...he's gotta play before anyone else on the left.
    Now ox is gone there's no excuse for leaving him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Glad the silly window thing is over anyway. And we finally know who the squad is.

Looking forward to the trip to the Emirates for Bournemouth now. And the rest of the season.

Some europa league arsenal will be a new experience too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

We seem to dominate the headline for the wrong reasons...

Daily Mail
    Wenger says Sanchez deal wasn't close

The Sun
    Sanchez remains committed
    Mustafi prices out of a move

Indo
    Lemar wanted to stay at Monaco

Daily Express
    Sanchez doesn't want to play for Arsenal after move broke down

Daily Star
    Perez happy nightmare over

Jaysus, sad thing is there's truth, rubbish, but we're easy pickings

gitzy16v wrote: »
    That's a lovely dink to assist...he's gotta play before anyone else on the left.
    Now ox is gone there's no excuse for leaving him out.

Kolasinic should be our starting left-back now.
    Monrael is a good deputy, he rarely let us down in that position. He is not a CB and that is the position we should have bought for. Playing him in the middle is a bit unfair to him.

• Advertisement

Did the Ox say this for a laugh on Twitter or was he having a pop -

Oxlade-Chamberlain - "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4 - 0 last week".

Some Arsenal fans are not amused it seems.
    I think he should have kept his mouth shut either way.

Did the Ox say this for a laugh on Twitter or was he having a pop -

Oxlade-Chamberlain - "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4 - 0 last week".

Some Arsenal fans are not amused it seems.
    I think he should have kept his mouth shut either way.

Haven't seen him tweet anything like that.

Seems someone made it up, put it up as a quote from him on Twitter, and it spread.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Haven't seen him tweet anything like that.

Seems someone made it up, put it up as a quote from him on Twitter, and it spread.
    Good. Hope it was a joke.

Complete fake, doesn't stop people running with it though. Most newspaper/social media stories are either wildly exaggerated or completely untrue. We live in the era of fake news, its always "our sources" etc that seem to break the news. It's crazy what the papers get away with

I thought he'd start Hoolihan but maybe he's only fit to come on as a replacement and set up the winner.

Sorry. Wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Ozil with an interesting FB post. On my phone so can't link it.

Interesting comments, alright...
    It’s September 2nd, 2017. I’m with the German National team right now, and yesterday we took a big step towards the World Cup in Russia after beating Czech Republic 2-1. During the last couple of days my DFB teammates have been asking me about how everything is at Arsenal at the moment. They claimed to have read about the current crisis through the media, as pundits and former players are commenting on a daily basis. They say that this could be the worst team in years, even decades.

I’m writing this text together with people that are close to me, and we’ve got something to celebrate. Although no match was won, or trophy was lifted today, Arsenal and I are celebrating our anniversary! Four years ago I was transferred in a last minute deal from Real Madrid to Arsenal - Arsène Wenger convinced me. He told me about the great history of this club, about its living legends such Bergkamp, Vieira and Pirès, who owe a large part of their success to the manager. Arsène told me how he would help me to develop as a player, and this is something every player wants to hear, as it is great encouragement.

Although I initially struggled when coming to the Premier League, I accepted the challenge. I started as a left-winger at the beginning, and in all honestly, I am not a great admirer of that position for myself - I’m better as a ‘number 10’. When playing in the centre I can control the game and generate chances. The Premier League is physically much more demanding then La Liga or the Bundesliga. 1-1 draws are much tougher, and the smaller clubs also have very strong teams that can easily catch you out. Furthermore, there is no winter break, meaning the season is extremely long and exhausting, especially when you are playing at European and National Team level too.

We have achieved a lot in our four years together. Three of the 13 FA Cup victories have been accomplished in the past four years, with the other ten taking 75 years for the club to win. This is in addition to our three Community Shield wins. After all, six titles in four years is quite something. However, this only makes myself and the team even more disappointed for not playing a role in the title race at the end of last season - this is something we hope to change this year.

Personally I’ve had to accept a lot of criticism during my time in London. ‘Too expensive, too greedy, bad body language, and lacking fight’ - this is what people have said about me. Some of these comments are made by those who do not know me, some are made by former players - both successful and unsuccessful during their time here at the club. Although criticism is something that all football players have to deal with, I nevertheless expected legends to behave like legends - my advice to these former Gunners: stop talking and start supporting!

I would like to thank all the Gooners that have always supported me and believed in me. When I leave the Emirates after a game, I see the fans standing along the street cheering. When I've played well, I hear you sing my song, and this makes me incredibly proud, giving me goosebumps every time. I have been privileged enough to have met both Brendan and Charlie. They support the club despite their illness, and their strength and positive messages constantly motivate me. Moreover, I’m thankful for all the other personal relationships I’ve made over the past four years.

Even though I personally do not know how my career will continue after this year, I look forward to my fifth season with Arsenal. This is because Arsenal is a great club with great people and great traditions. I am glad to be able to wear your shirt, Gooners. I’ve had so many great moments in the last four years and I really appreciate what this club means to the people of London, the UK and all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Basil3 wrote: »
    Interesting comments, alright...

Reads more like a goodbye post than celebrating 4 years at the club

It looks like Gazidid and Wenger's message to fans "support the team".
    I wonder was he asked to write it?

Smacks of that, though to me it sounds like "I'm f*cked if I'll sign a contract extension, but please support me in my final year, because I think you're all sound and I don't fancy a toxic year from the supporters in my last year for the club!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ozil have the best PR team in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is that a bad message. It's one I 100% agree with anyway.

Not if fans see it as a cheap ploy to try win them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Glad the silly window thing is over anyway. And we finally know who the squad is.

Looking forward to the trip to the Emirates for Bournemouth now. And the rest of the season.

Some europa league arsenal will be a new experience too!
    why has iwobi been left out of the league registered players?

He still qualifies as an under 21 player, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

He's useless anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Presumably his age. That he only turned 21 this year?

liam7831 wrote: »
    He's useless anyway
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. I think given time he could be a fantastic player for us.

Support the team but not this manager. He lost my support years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Support the team but not this manager. He lost my support years ago.

I'd be happy to see him gone but he is the Arsenal manager so I will support him. I hope the overwhelming majority of supporters who go to games do the same.

Wenger blames everyone but himself. The toxic atmosphere around the club is down to him and his hapless management and tactics.

Ever hear of the fans who got on the back of a manager for no reason? no me neither.

Ever hear of the fans who got on the back of a manager for no reason? no me neither.

Actually, yes! Loads of times. But that's not the case with our club, he needs to go along with the owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Why is Ozil (or his PR team) spouting crap on the media telling Arsenals ex players to shut up and support the team....WHY?

Just because they can see (all of them) what a shambles the team is and what a liability the manager is they should stay quiet???? Maybe they feel obliged to voice their opinion after they busted a gut during the "invincible era" and worked so hard back then to see the club down the toilet!

Ozil is one of the players that needs to cop the **** on and play ball instead of mouthing off to the media only player worse for media whoring is Walcott. Ozil would not dream of playing the way he does at Arsenal for Germany, he would be dragged off after 15mins.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why is Ozil (or his PR team) spouting crap on the media telling Arsenals ex players to shut up and support the team....WHY?

Just because they can see (all of them) what a shambles the team is and what a liability the manager is they should stay quiet???? Maybe they feel obliged to voice their opinion after they busted a gut during the "invincible era" and worked so hard back then to see the club down the toilet!

Ozil is one of the players that needs to cop the **** on and play ball instead of mouthing off to the media only player worse for media whoring is Walcott. Ozil would not dream of playing the way he does at Arsenal for Germany, he would be dragged off after 15mins.

Yeah, he's rubbish...

LkYKFq4.png

It must be demoralising when you consistently create the most chances in the league, but we don't have a striker to put them away. At least now we have Lacazette, who I think had the highest conversion rate in Europe last year.....that's assuming he gets played and doesn't sit on the bench.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement