Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,081 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yeah I can't wait for the autobiography. I'm a big fan of wengers views on things.

Surely, just like all football managers, his view of things are obstructed and he didn't see the incident.

I'll get my coat.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Surely, just like all football managers, his view of things are obstructed and he didn't see the incident.

I'll get my coat.

Ha that's true!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/905708332140249088

Santi has started "running". Sweet jesus.

He's out until after Christmas anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

CatInABox wrote: »

first to say like a new signing gets shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

greendom wrote: »

I'd just be happy to see him play again, I can't see him having much impact though. He'll be 33 before he plays again

I'd just be happy to see him play again, I can't see him having much impact though. He'll be 33 before he plays again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I think he could be like a person who has recently been acquired by the club

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Arsenal paid for their own stupidity/ loyalty to the likes of RVP, etc, players who have been injured more times than anything else. They should have been out on their ear, not given more contracts. And then these players get fit and hit a little bit of form and **** off. Lack of ruthlessness has come back to bite them on more than one occasion.

Sanchez latest tweet
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtpIPAFsJq/

The culmination of this has to be Oxlade-Chamberlain. Pampered and indulged all his career, without ever coming close to meeting his potential, then put in the starting line-up against Liverpool forcing half the defence to play out of position only for him to turn down a huge wage rise and promises of having the team built around him.

It was refreshing to be able to watch England with him in the starting line-up and not have to make excuses for his painful performance. I suppose Klopp will now turn him into a World beater; still best to get rid as Wenger was unable to transform him.

I suppose Wenger is too old to learn lessons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The culmination of this has to be Oxlade-Chamberlain. Pampered and indulged all his career, without ever coming close to meeting his potential, then put in the starting line-up against Liverpool forcing half the defence to play out of position only for him to turn down a huge wage rise and promises of having the team built around him.

It was refreshing to be able to watch England with him in the starting line-up and not have to make excuses for his painful performance. I suppose Klopp will now turn him into a World beater; still best to get rid as Wenger was unable to transform him.

I suppose Wenger is too old to learn lessons?

The Ox has flattered to deceive for years. The player who always looks like this will be his year, but it never is. Maybe he's found a good fit in his new home?

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The Ox has flattered to deceive for years. The player who always looks like this will be his year, but it never is. Maybe he's found a good fit in his new home?

Things may work out for him there but I think he'll be as much a bit player at Anfield as he was at the Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Not an Arsenal fan, but I cant wait to see Cazorla playing again......guy is pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

2ndcoming wrote:

To be honest as a Liverpool fan I hope he does step up. But right now he is just an expensive squad player. Although the fact he is English definitely helps.

But if I was an arsenal fan I wouldn't be unhappy about him going. Potential 40 million for a 24 year old that we still say "has potential"...... fact is his career stalled. Not because he wasn't given chances because he had loads. Maybe a change of team might ignite him but he just seemed to be coasting at arsenal knowing being a squad player.

Same could happen at Liverpool. He has the opportunity to force himself to change. But right now arsenal fans have absolutely nothing to regret with oxlade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I only just heard about Wenger giving away Perez' shirt number to lacazette and not even informing Perez. Jesus F Christ what a moron.

Great arsecast this week.

The ornstein stuff is hilarious. We were too by-thr-book-to sign Kante. Ah sure he would've made no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be honest as a Liverpool fan I hope he does step up. But right now he is just an expensive squad player. Although the fact he is English definitely helps.

But if I was an arsenal fan I wouldn't be unhappy about him going. Potential 40 million for a 24 year old that we still say "has potential"...... fact is his career stalled. Not because he wasn't given chances because he had loads. Maybe a change of team might ignite him but he just seemed to be coasting at arsenal knowing being a squad player.

Same could happen at Liverpool. He has the opportunity to force himself to change. But right now arsenal fans have absolutely nothing to regret with oxlade

Him and Walcott are in the same bracket for me. Can't believe we got 40 million for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Him and Walcott are in the same bracket for me. Can't believe we got 40 million for him.

To be honest id rate Walcott more. At least with Walcott you get a little bit more end product and his pace is obviously better than Alex. In fact I think Walcott's pace would have gotten him more game time at Liverpool than Alex will get initially

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

If he has any sense, he should run to a new club.

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be honest id rate Walcott more. At least with Walcott you get a little bit more end product and his pace is obviously better than Alex. In fact I think Walcott's pace would have gotten him more game time at Liverpool than Alex will get initially

Yeh, Walcott on his day can finish, still too hit and miss though. Ox has zero end product imo, and him thinking he'll get to play in central midfield with yous lot is laughable. Nice guy n all but I won't miss him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/905782391247175680

Well finally. I know that it still might not happen, but it's a start.

Hope they get rid of the January window too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Now if we could only get rid of all transfer windows we wouldn't have to spend any money at all.
    Wonder if that thought dawned on Wenger?

• Advertisement

I just hope they haven't rushed into it. If other leagues follow suit then great but imagine the fiasco if the transfer window shuts and a couple of later loads of players start handing in transfer requests!

L'prof wrote: »
    I just hope they haven't rushed into it. If other leagues follow suit then great but imagine the fiasco if the transfer window shuts and a couple of later loads of players start handing in transfer requests!

I'd imagine that all the teams would just tell their players that anything handed in after the window in England closes will be ignored, unless of course, the teams were happy to sell and not get a replacement.

Personally speaking, as happy as I am to see the window close earlier, I think it's only a matter of time before a superstar wants a move somewhere, his team deny it, and they go to court to force their way out, Bosmanesque. I think it's bananas that people can't change jobs whenever they want, and I think eventually a player will feel the same way. That would be a nightmare, players moving at anytime, a constant transfer window, urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I only just heard about Wenger giving away Perez' shirt number to lacazette and not even informing Perez. Jesus F Christ what a moron.

Great arsecast this week.

I thought it was supposed to have been the marketing team who made that decision, no? Ornstein mentioned something about the commercial team having made the decision while they were flying over India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

What would we of done if mustafi had gone?

Its shocking mustafi and snachez have no interest at being at arsenal and ozil has no great interest either.
    We are falling apart, mid table club soon of things dont change and why would they change.

Its shocking mustafi and snachez have no interest at being at arsenal and ozil has no great interest either.
    We are falling apart, mid table club soon of things dont change and why would they change.

Wenger has a big job on his hands to bring motivation back to the club. Now the window is closed for the time being, players know they are going nowhere in the immediate future so they may as well give their best.

Mustafi and Ozil are consummate professionals and Sanchez will give it his all regardless. I imagine though that we will see a lot more shoulder shrugs and on pitch moaning from Alexis and if that transfers to the rest of the team it could be a real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I'd expect Özil and mustafi to just get on with it and play with professionalism, Sanchez too to a certain extent, until things start going wrong and he does his obviously rehearsed down on to his hunkers routine.

Lads what's a good pub to watch Liverpool Vs City before heading to the Emirates tomorrow? Can't even remember the pub I went to last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Basil3 wrote: »
    Lads what's a good pub to watch Liverpool Vs City before heading to the Emirates tomorrow? Can't even remember the pub I went to last time.

Twelve Pins

It's a 2 min walk from Finsbury Park tube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Any chance it was the Twelve Pins you went to the last time?

One man's good pub is another man's hell I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Your local Aussie bar is in Watford, so although you'd feel at home there it might be a bit far

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. I'll head there. I'll remember if it's the one I went to last time when I see it.

...and I'm not a f*ckn Aussie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Would like to see us go 4-1-2-3 tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Cheers guys. I'll head there. I'll remember if it's the one I went to last time when I see it.

...and I'm not a f*ckn Aussie :D

Ok sheep shagger calm down :pac:

Dick Law stepping down according to SSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

callaway92 wrote: »

Twelve Pins

The Faltering Fullback just up the road is a much better pub than the 12 pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

callaway92 wrote: »

Twelve Pins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Well, any predictions for the next game?

I think Arsenal broke at Anfield, I sincerely wouldn't be surprised for Bournemouth to come away with the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Arghus wrote: »

I think Arsenal broke at Anfield, I sincerely wouldn't be surprised for Bournemouth to come away with the result.

The sad thing is, I genuinely don't care. Win emphatically, scrap by, draw, lose, be annihilated. All the same as far as I'm concerned because I know where we'll be come May with Wenger in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I hear ya loud and clear. The only thing is I can't look to an Arsenal game and want anything but a win - even if I know it just papers over the cracks.

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »

This should be renamed the Andros Santos Tavern :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Dick Law was aptly named. He has bungled more transfers than completed apparently.

Calling David Dean, come in David Dean!

emmetlego wrote: »
    Dick Law was aptly named. He has bungled more transfers than completed apparently.

Calling David Dean, come in David Dean!

In fairness to Dick Law though, Wenger had last word on everything and apparently done several u-turns at the 11th hour. Little you can do about that.

Really hope David Dein comes back though. The only man for this job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

In fairness to Dick Law though, Wenger had last word on everything and apparently done several u-turns at the 11th hour. Little you can do about that.

Really hope David Dein comes back though. The only man for this job

Zero chance of that while Kroenke is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Arghus wrote: »

Probably another Arsenal hiding today. We will hope not.

• Advertisement

Zero chance of that while Kroenke is there.

Aye, sad but true.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Probably another Arsenal hiding today. We will hope not.

Not a chance of losing today imo. I don't think we'll get many points of the top teams though this season.
    Wish we had a player like De Bruyne at Arsenal.

City 2-0 up against Liverpool proving that Liverpool are no great shakes. We were just fu*king awful on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    City 2-0 up against Liverpool proving that Liverpool are no great shakes. We were just fu*king awful on the day.

Mane sent off which means Liverpool at 50% strength

Just watching the master class by De Bruyne there.
    Some of the players Arsenal let go were rubbish while some of the players Chelsea let go are class.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement