Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

omega man wrote: »
    Surely a lot of Arsenal fans have sold their tickets on......??

Club is a mess.

Yeah, but I thought that it all had to go through TicketExchange? If so, then I'd assume that there's going to be a fair amount of emails and punishment going out.

We're such a joke these days, we can't even organise a football match anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The Cologne fans look like a right bunch of thugs. Id say its very intimidating at and around the stadium.

There's a bit of an unsavoury element alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

This falls on the authorities. The number travelling would have been well known. They should have had measures in place but it doesn't look like they did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Clearly it was seen as a low key occasion with a low Arsenal turnout perhaps and it 'only' being the EL.

Problem may be the fact they're all at the ground and around the ground inside, not that there might be troublemakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Loads, and I mean loads of empty seats, looks awful and Cologne fans easily the most audible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »
    Loads, and I mean loads of empty seats, looks awful and Cologne fans easily the most audible.

Koln look to be playing like the home team aswell

Great goal

Ospina is an idiot. Can't believe the amount of people in here that were calling for him to be No.1 last year.

Oh Ospina, really? FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I really need a good win tonight as I've had the day from hell. The faucet in the bathroom leaked and caused damage to the hall ceiling. The dog threw up his dinner on the carpet and then the local alcoholic slammed his fists into the bonnet of my car as I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let him passed. I also had to drive half an hour twice to an electrical retailer as I got the wrong light fittings. The last one was really just a minor inconvenience compared to the rest of them. Oh ya I only got my car in July.

Please win, I need it more than the club does.

Damn 1 down. Hahahah roll on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

some goal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ospina is an idiot. Can't believe the amount of people in here that were calling for him to be No.1 last year.

I was one of them. He's really proved me wrong. What a joke.

Flares now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hartson on commentary, jeez he's drab.

The two headless chickens on the right ain't gonna do much for Arsenal tonight.

The two headless chickens on the right ain't gonna do much for Arsenal tonight.

Walcott done more than Sanchez so far.

20 minutes in and you can still see the white seats of the arsenal symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Holding really looks like a 2 million pound player this season.

Basil3 wrote: »

What? Get caught offside like an amateur 3 times and cough the ball up twice? Miss the target from 10 yards too? He's done more alright, but it's all been sh1te!

BEING OFFSIDE DOESN'T COUNT!!

• Advertisement

What? Get caught offside like an amateur 3 times and cough the ball up twice? Miss the target from 10 yards too? He's done more alright, but it's all been sh1te!

He missed from 10 yards because the defender played through him? Just saying that he's hardly being outshone by Sanchez.

He missed from 10 yards because the defender played through him? Just saying that he's hardly being outshone by Sanchez.

That's not what you said or insinuated, but let's drop this. The game of sh1te we have to endure will keep us in a bad mood all on it's own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Have to say I quite like Kolns shirt

That's not what you said or insinuated, but let's drop this. The game of sh1te we have to endure will keep us in a bad mood all on it's own!

It was exactly what I was insinuating :)

Ospina saved from giving away a penalty by the offside decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ospina all over the shop

• Advertisement

Not enough pressure being applied when we don't have the ball. That through ball should never have been allowed in the first place

Another Theo piece of sh1te pass. Cancel that bluffer's contract. (hopefully this is the commentators curse and he bags 3 now!)

And again Theo. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We could do with an away goal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Giroud had to be finishing that

Holding is a turkey

• Advertisement

In the 40:00 mark, why was our centre back trying to make a mazey dribbling run into the oppositions box?

In the 40:00 mark, why was our centre back trying to make a mazey dribbling run into the oppositions box?

Because it opened up for him. I thought it was the right thing to do. Elneny was covering him.

This is utter sh!t so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Holding really looks like a 2 million pound player this season.

He's getting played because he cost money, there has to be a better centre half in the 21s, he has been caught out of position about 6 times and has got caught making runs through the centre mid when he's one of a back 3 about 3 times

He's he defensive equivalent of Sanogo

Good God, Sanchez has been poison so far.

Because it opened up for him. I thought it was the right thing to do. Elneny was covering him.

That's called a trap, he's been sucked in 3 times. Teams allow centre backs the time and space to do this as they are the least creative players on the pitch

Soups123 wrote: »

He's he defensive equivalent of Sanogo

I agree he is looking out of his depth in this game, but that statement is absolutely disgraceful, and you need to start thinking before you post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

pure scutter:mad:

I agree he is looking out of his depth in this game, but that statement is absolutely disgraceful, and you need to start thinking before you post :D

I had to Google his name, I typed **** French Arsenal centre forward to get it.

Twins

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's called a trap, he's been sucked in 3 times. Teams allow centre backs the time and space to do this as they are the least creative players on the pitch

Ah look, I know that, but all it needs is a bit of luck and he looks like a young *shudders* John Terry if he bags a good shot. He has had a bad evening, but going forward our options are sh1te. There's no movement, nobody offering themselves, and when they do, it's Theo standing 2 yards off. Our offensive lines are sh1te too.

Overall, a F- so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Walcott and Sanchez have been awful, but the real problem is midfield (or lack thereof). Elneny is too safe and doesn't show for the ball enough, and who's our other nominal CM? Iwobi? He's not playing in midfield if he's supposed to.

I'd swap out Sanchez right now to be honest. Put Iwobi out left and bring on Nelson in the middle. Fcuk it - might as well take a chance

Fairly crap 1st half, very poor. Loads of bloody possession again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

omega man wrote: »
    Surely a lot of Arsenal fans have sold their tickets on......??
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, but I thought that it all had to go through TicketExchange?

This isn't new, many season ticket holders have long been touting their season tickets in unofficial channels to make their money back. I know some people who have been stupid eough to pay 2 to 3 times face value to an Arsenal season ticket holder before, and that's not even for a Category A game!

Some observations:
    • Defence looks a lot more composed with Mert in there, Holding in particular seems to look way better as a result.
    • Elneny's passing range seems to have improved
    • Bellerin looks like he doesn't give a ****.
    • Maitland Niles looks better in the left wing back role than Bellerin or the Ox ever were.
    • Giroud's excessive whinging means the ref isn't bothered to give anything again
    • Unless Walcott has a line to follow he doesn't know where to run
    • Sanchez should be hauled off and sent to train with the reserves. The prospect of a not playing in a World Cup year might be the thing needed to wake him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As a club we are still moving backwards under Wenger.
    Some of those players don't deserve to be at a club like Arsenal but he signed them we're stuck with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some observations:
    • Defence looks a lot more composed with Mert in there, Holding in particular seems to look way better as a result.
    • Elneny's passing range seems to have improved
    • Bellerin looks like he doesn't give a ****.
    • Maitland Niles looks better in the left wing back role than Bellerin or the Ox ever were.
    • Giroud's excessive whinging means the ref isn't bothered to give anything again
    • Unless Walcott has a line to follow he doesn't know where to run
    • Sanchez should be hauled off and sent to train with the reserves. The prospect of a not playing in a World Cup year might be the thing needed to wake him up.
    [/QUOTE]
    Are you looking at the same game as me?

To be honest id rather have a team of young lads out who give it a right go than the crap that's been served up so far. I don't mind losing in the Europa League as long as the games are entertaining. If the rest of the games are like this they won't be worth watching

One positive so far. The empty seats. Maybe the yankee sh1tedonkey will get the message?

Was hoping to hear the F*** off Stan Kronke songs tonight.

Surprised at the sub, looking forward to seeing what Kolasinac will do, he should be well used to these lads.

• Advertisement

One positive so far. The empty seats. Maybe the yankee sh1tedonkey will get the message?

Was hoping to hear the F*** off Stan Kronke songs tonight.

Problem is tonight was a sell out!

Holding off will be a while before we see him again I reckon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement