Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Great pen. We needed that badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Good stuff.
    Laca is one cool customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Convinced Lacca smokes a joint before he plays , cool calm and collected in every situation on the pitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Would love to see Sanchez stats for tonight. Admittedly, haven't seen all of the game, but probably 85% of it, and he gave the ball away or passed it away nearly every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

How is that not a red card for Dawson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sanchez only playing for himself here.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Would love to see Sanchez stats for tonight. Admittedly, haven't seen all of the game, but probably 85% of it, and he gave the ball away or passed it away nearly every time.

Sanchez is Sanchez. That's what he does, and then he usually scores a goal from nothing.

He's actually played well. My only black mark against him is when he was showboating and lost the ball.

How is that not a red card for Dawson?

Only his 3/4th foul, that's why :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Really dominsting the 2nd half without creating that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

emmetlego wrote: »

This is most games he plays. A lot of times he scores tho so people turn a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Elneny has been outstanding tonight. One of our most unde rated players.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Elneny has been outstanding tonight. One of our most unde rated players.

I take it you didn't see the first half where he was atrocious. :confused:

Sanchez was awful tonight. Flicks in the box, keepie uppie by the touch line all while winning 1 ****ing nil to West Brom at home. Stop that ****. Gave the ball away more times than I could count. Shooting when he should have been passing, playing for himself rather than the team. Truly awful performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just realised that Lacazette is my captain on my FF team, happy days!

gandalf wrote: »

He has to have 30 goals in him this season...tons of FF pts:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »
    I take it you didn't see the first half where he was atrocious. :confused:

What did he do wrong? Gave an exquisite ball in the first half and was tidy in posession. He has basically ran the midfield the last half hour.

gandalf wrote: »

+1 but I knew full well and was sweating when he stepped up to take the pen. Needn't have worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger making a dick of the young lad. Not even 10s on the pitch what's the point!

Soups123 wrote: »
    Wenger making a dick of the young lad. Not even 10s on the pitch what's the point!

Im as anti-Wenger as they come but come on, the lad was waiting nearly a minute to come on and every other manager ever does stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Glad someone else thought the same. I was fuming watching it. Bad form from Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Im as anti-Wenger as they come but come on, the lad was waiting nearly a minute to come on and every other manager ever does stuff like that.

A minute is just as bad, not bring anti Wenger at all just a comment it's not the first time a manager has done it, stupid.

Anyway a nothing point in the grand scheme of things, good 3 PT's and another 2 for Laca

"Luckless West Brom denied a penalty, hit post and thwarted by Monreal clearance" Loving the BBC's impartialness. Grand and needed win

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

omega man wrote: »
    Glad someone else thought the same. I was fuming watching it. Bad form from Wenger.

Seriously, another day you'd be saying he was an idiot for not seeing the game out and sticking with the team that had defended well. There is no room for sentiment when you're after a tough win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

3 points is 3 points no matter what way you judge the game tonight :)

A minute is just as bad, not bring anti Wenger at all just a comment it's not the first time a manager has done it, stupid.

Anyway a nothing point in the grand scheme of things, good 3 PT's and another 2 for Laca

Ive no bother being anti-wenger pal...im with you its always annoys me the way every manager does that,I mean whats the point.
    I dont hold Wenger to standards higher than every other joe soap manager in the world,fcuk he doesnt deserve it sure.

They all do it and Wenger is just as much a prick as the rest of them carrying on like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Seriously, another day you'd be saying he was an idiot for not seeing the game out and sticking with the team that had defended well. There is no room for sentiment when you're after a tough win

2 up in the 91st minute with 2 minutes left and well in control. I get your point but I don't think we needed to close out the game in this particular case. Anyway good performance and 3 points so happy out.

Tonight's result is even better as I listen to Tony Pulis nearly cry.

Whingey ****. Delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

We rode our luck in the first half, WBA could have had 3 goals. But the 2nd half we settled down and controlled the game, Monreal MOTM for me, just excellent all game. Laca adding two tonight is another positive. Xhaka really worries me in that midfield role, he's been poor this season. Anyway three points, we always beat these type of teams at home, away is a different matter.

But Everton game is the only game that seriously worries me over the next few weeks as Koeman has Wenger's game over the last few years. Watford away could be tricky but if we play well we should win it. Every game up to when we face City in November is a must win. Just to keep ourselves in for top 4 contention lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

omega man wrote: »

THis is BS. For a start he was waiting a long time for the ball to go out of play.
    Also, I am sure he gets a very hefty bonus for getting any game time.
    Nelson will have been a happy kid getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I agree with the Xhaka analysis. Been pretty poor this season and for me slows the whole momentum of our moves. Not getting the Rambo love in either. He was ok but nothing special in the last two games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

ronjo wrote: »
    THis is BS. For a start he was waiting a long time for the ball to go out of play.

Exactly I think he was waiting a good 3 mins to come on, I've seen established players come on this late in games. Lucky most pro players know this is how football is and aren't as fickle as some who post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

ronjo wrote: »

I'd say Nelson was chuffed with the match bonus, considering it was Ainsley Maitland Niles who came on.

Think Xhaka yesterday had a bad game but also because that was the first time we played with two holding midfielders and Ramsey further forward. I thought Elneny adapted fairly well though apart from losing the ball too easily in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I'd say Nelson was chuffed with the match bonus, considering it was Ainsley Maitland Niles who came on.

:o:o:o:o:o:o

Ooops, but you get my point I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

gitzy16v wrote: »

Ive no bother being anti-wenger pal...im with you its always annoys me the way every manager does that,I mean whats the point.
    I dont hold Wenger to standards higher than every other joe soap manager in the world,fcuk he doesnt deserve it sure.

They all do it and Wenger is just as much a prick as the rest of them carrying on like that.

Listened to the match on arsenal player last night. They were making the point that by getting on just before the final whistle the player would get a bonus for playing and another one for winning. So for younger players on relatively low wages, it would make a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Listened to the match on arsenal player last night. They were making the point that by getting on just before the final whistle the player would get a bonus for playing and another one for winning. So for younger players on relatively low wages, it would make a big difference.
    Yeah but they could give them 5/7 minutes.
    That lad was on for 25 seconds last night before the final whistle blew. Got nowhere near the ball.

Yeah but they could give them 5/7 minutes.
    That lad was on for 25 seconds last night before the final whistle blew. Got nowhere near the ball.

He was ready on the sidelines 2 - 3 minutes before then but the ball didn't go out of play

greendom wrote: »
    He was ready on the sidelines 2 - 3 minutes before then but the ball didn't go out of play
    I know. What was the point of it all?

I know. What was the point of it all?

Mountains from mole hills?

• Advertisement

Every manager does the whole 91st min substitute. It's annoying every single time, what's the point.

Every manager does the whole 91st min substitute. It's annoying every single time, what's the point.
    Exactly. Give the lad a run for 5 mins at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It wastes time obviously.

Liam O wrote: »
    It wastes time obviously.

Point being EVERY manager does it.

EVERY.SINGLE.MANAGER.

There's plenty things to beat Wenger up over but this isn't one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's not like Wenger could will the ball out of play either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hi lads random question but where's the best place to buy arsenal tickets as my little brother is a huge fan trying to buy some for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

sky88 wrote: »
    Hi lads random question but where's the best place to buy arsenal tickets as my little brother is a huge fan trying to buy some for him

Tricky enough to do as they extremely rarely go on sale to the general public. Dublin (or your nearest) Arsenal Supporters Club may be able to help or else there's a good ArsenalTickets page on Twitter but they only really arrange in the days coming up to a match so not ideal for planning a trip over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

5star02707 wrote: »

Man, he's even lazy while showing people around his house, nicking a living.........

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

sky88 wrote: »

As above, twitter

Twickets
    https://www.twickets.live/

Or buy a red membership
    https://www.arsenal.com/membership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Bringing the youngest gunner over to the brighton game for his first match on sunday,hopefully there will be a few goals for him to see !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement