Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

This match is up and down , abit like our season last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Even lowly Bate can score 2 against our useless defenders. Dundalk beat them 3 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Perfect game for all Arsenal fans. 4 goals and what looks like a win but leaving plenty for the moaners and gripers to get their teeth into!

Even lowly Bate can score 2 against our useless defenders. Dundalk beat them 3 nil.

Think Barca have bern the only team to have beaten them at home in their last 11 European fixtures.

greendom wrote: »
    Perfect game for all Arsenal fans. 4 goals and what looks like a win but leaving plenty for the moaners and gripers to get their teeth into!
    Well if you're happy with that defending God help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah ffs, I take it kick off isn't at 19:45?

Exactly!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah ffs, I take it kick off isn't at 19:45?

It is not, no.

Good win tonight. Great to see keen fresh faced youngsters playing for the shirt. I honestly wish football teams used their youth system more like the good old days :)

Defending was hapless but some of the attacking was a joy to behold. The speed of interchange and directness, no messing around, was brilliant. I think we are seeing the benefits of what Jonker implemented over the last few seasons. Incidentally he was sacked from Wolfsburg recently i see.

Id have Jack back in that team especially since we are suffering creatively from Cazorlas absence. The only direct player we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I'd defo give Jack a go against Brighton at least from the bench don't want him overplaying and getting injured either

Yeah I'd defo give Jack a go against Brighton at least from the bench don't want him overplaying and getting injured either

Id hold off starting him this weekend for reasons you mentioned but id give considering him the week after.

He surely is up to match fitness at this stage but as you said use him wisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm delighted to see Jack coming back to his old self. If he can stay fit, it would be a game changer for us.

F*ckin Bendtner. P*ss off outta that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    F*ckin Bendtner. P*ss off outta that.
    Dose of Tourette's?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Dose of Tourette's?

Possibly. I do that a lot.

No, in this case the lads on ITV were joking saying Arsenal fans must be looking at Bendtner's performance tonight (he scored and did a backheel assist) and wondering...

My wondering went as far as a bunch of swear words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wondering why we didn't send him to Rosenborg sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Delighted for Giroud. I do wish of course that he was a better striker but he is a likable kind of guy, which is amazing considering that he's tall and good looking.

Arghus wrote: »
    Delighted for Giroud. I do wish of course that he was a better striker but he is a likable kind of guy, which is amazing considering that he's tall and good looking.

Giroud is the professional that Bendtner should have aspired to be. He's had a fantastic career at Arsenal

Welbeck's a bit injured tbf :D

Ď)

Just realised that. He would certainly have been picked apart from thst minor detail!

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Welbeck should be nowhere near an international team tbf.

His goal scoring record for England says differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Wondering why we didn't send him to Rosenborg sooner

I think Rosenborg were saving up to put a lock on their car park gates to safeguard the wing mirrors and aerials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

All of Girouds 100 goals for Arsenal:

https://twitter.com/afcDW/status/913470592388657159/video/1

One of my favourites has to be his goal against West Ham though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxfZqTBGAU

I've slated OG in the past, and yes he was great value at 12m. The problem was he wasn't the sort of player we needed to be our main striker, as we kept our style of football and he is more of the target man type, we needed the mobile variety (Ala Laccazette!) There is no doubt however, that he has been and continues to be a great servant to the club and loyal to the club. That's a rarity in modern times. I respect him.

Kevin Campbell said on ITV he'd love to see Giroud & Lacazette together.

I would love to see a 4 4 2 with those two get a run. To see how it goes, I mean. In the UEFA or Carling Cup.

Would we all of a sudden then have a big strong lad to win loads of headers and a natural finisher to knock em all in?

Getting excited just thinking about it.

I would love to see a 4 4 2 with those two get a run. To see how it goes, I mean. In the UEFA or Carling Cup.

Would we all of a sudden then have a big strong lad to win loads of headers and a natural finisher to knock em all in?

Yes, but then you're dropping one of our usuals in the middle and I don't think we're strong enough at the back to try that yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not gonna win a league playing that kinda football and Giroud looking good against second rate international teams doesn't justify it either.

Not good news regarding Kronke. He has made a counter bid for Usmanov's shares in the club, and if he sells to Stan, he can then force a %100 purchase from all holders thus removing the club from the stock market and delisting the club, so no accountability to the fans via yearly AGM and accounts etc. This is extremely worrying and darkens my mood considerably regarding the future of our club. I am now in a bad mood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

emmetlego wrote: »
    Not good news regarding Kronke. He has made a counter bid for Usmanov's shares in the club, and if he sells to Stan, he can then force a %100 purchase from all holders thus removing the club from the stock market and delisting the club, so no accountability to the fans via yearly AGM and accounts etc. This is extremely worrying and darkens my mood considerably regarding the future of our club. I am now in a bad mood!!!

Yeah sounds like very bad news. Just imagine Kroenke owning 100% of the club, will end up bleeding it dry and even less money given for transfers etc. I can see the sale taking place and Usmanov joining his mate at Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Just watched all of Giroud's 100 goals. Fair enough he is not world class but many of those goals are world class finishes. A top top striker and person. I've always been a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Both Arsenal and Giroud have been a little unfortunate in their pairing to be honest. Giroud has never offered enough mobility to break down the compact defences Arsenal are up against most weeks. But having said that, he's unreal at the near post, both in the air and on the ground, and Arsenal have never exploited this properly as we don't go to the byline enough.

I really hope he stays beyond this season. He's absolutely perfect as an impact player and could potentially have a bigger influence on Arsenal's progression this year than he has previously with Lacazette as a foil to create him some space.

After the Liverpool debacle he was one of a tiny number I didn't want to see booted out the door.

Ozil is out tomorrow and Kos is having a late fitness test. Iwobi could be back

Are we on t.v. today?
    Finding it hard to get good streams of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are we on t.v. today?

Yep BT Sport 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are we on t.v. today?

BT sport 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

COYG!! Excited for match day. Let's do this!

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/914429699106967552

Iwobi back in, Ramsey drops back, Elneny out of the starting lineup.

Is Koscielney injured?

Is Koscielney injured?

Oh yeah, just noticed that :P

Earlier in the week I thought I read he had to have a fitness test. Physioroom actually has him down as out until October 14th with an achilles injury.

After having a good run with injuries, we're back on top of the physioroom injuries table, where we belong.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, just noticed that :P

Earlier in the week I thought I read he had to have a fitness test. Physioroom actually has him down as out until October 14th with an achilles injury.

After having a good run with injuries, we're back on top of the physioroom injuries table, where we belong.

Yes indeed. A lot out at the minute.
    I'm not convinced as yet on Holding and Mustafi but at home against Brighton we should be ok.

What a pair of weapons in the studio today for this match. Collective IQ of a flip flop.

Wow. That would have been some goal.

Goal Nacho. Nice, was worried we'd struggle to break them down.

If the brighton players werent too busy claiming a goal kick they could have cleared that easily.

I still don't understand how we can constantly look so vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Sanchez not involved at all here the first 30 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Sanchez not involved at all here the first 30 minutes 7 games

FYP ;)

Urgh. Should have scored on that break.

I really, really hate Ramsey. Has there ever been a player with less end product?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement