Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

domrush wrote: »
    He was sacked, his contract didn't end

Terminating a contract is dismissal. You don't need a degree in HR to know that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

mansize wrote: »
    Terminating a contract is dismissal. You don't need a degree in HR to know that

Making no friends in this thread with this kind of patronising post tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's the second trophy in English Football. If you can't see why that's a big achievement, I can't offer much help

Is that the same FA Cup that United opted out of?
    Not very important then.

Making no friends in this thread with this kind of patronising post tbh.

I have been on the receiving end of far worse and nothing was carded.

I've enough friends and only a few on here I'd want to include in that list.

Is that the same FA Cup that United opted out of?
    Not very important then.

The FA did that. Trying to sell their brand in the Far East with their prized asset.

United didn't do it, the FA did and are on record as regretting that decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I have no problem with ignore function myself. On mobile you cannot multquote. But don't upset yourself, just resist the temptation to read my posts

As I said, I dont bother ignoring anyone. Your posts are impossible to miss as they are everywhere. If Im not reading your posts then im reading someone arguing with you.

The FA did that. Trying to sell their brand in the Far East with their prized asset.

United didn't do it, the FA did and are on record as regretting that decision

And??
    The FA Cup was demeaned as a result of that and will never be held in high regard again. Not worth a damn.

wonga77 wrote: »
    As I said, I dont bother ignoring anyone. Your posts are impossible to miss as they are everywhere. If Im not reading your posts then im reading someone arguing with you.

Do you only want Cosy consensus?

Wenger is the devil, we'd have won the league with Simone...

Am I on message?

And??
    The FA Cup was demeaned as a result of that and will never be held in high regard again. Not worth a damn.

You really are a baby with the bath water kinda guy.

Was the league demeaned when teams effectively bought it?

Has it recovered? Do you believe in recovery?

You really are a baby with the bath water kinda guy.

Was the league demeaned when teams effectively bought it?

Has it recovered? Do you believe in recovery?

Good God. ???
    Friday evenings weren't made for this sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Do you only want Cosy consensus?

Wenger is the devil, we'd have won the league with Simone...

Am I on message?

No your repeatedly missing the point as usual. Theres plenty on here I disagree with, why is it that they are never involved in such silly tit for tats. You are, because your posting style is snide, deflective and intended to look for response.
    Why would anyone be bothered posting from Munich that they were going to get their hole that night with a hookup from grindr? Thats hardly the kind of thing I want to be reading about on an Arsenal thread

No your repeatedly missing the point as usual. Theres plenty on here I disagree with, why is it that they are never involved in such silly tit for tats. You are, because your posting style is snide, deflective and intended to look for response.
    Why would anyone be bothered posting from Munich that they were going to get their hole that night with a hookup from grindr? Thats hardly the kind of thing I want to be reading about on an Arsenal thread

It was an aside. I only mentioned Grindr when asked tbf. I've read plenty on
    Here discussing not directly related matters, but that's ok, isn't it?

My responses reflect the manner in which the post was posted. hyperbole isn't tolerated in other fora- struck down v quickly. It's tolerated here and I feel it should be challenged. A man's good name is ripped assumder here and no one seems to care. It's without justication or provacation and unfair. They are human beings too to be denegrated in such a fashion
    I find repulsive and disgusting,

I try to lighten the mood and that's critisised too. I won't ever do right by these posters so I don't bother trying. But I will defend a person's good name if nothing else, and won't apologise for that.

Why would anyone be bothered posting from Munich that they were going to get their hole that night with a hookup from grindr? Thats hardly the kind of thing I want to be reading about on an Arsenal thread[/QUOTE]

Hear hear.

It was an aside. I only mentioned Grindr when asked tbf. I've read plenty on
    Here discussing not directly related matters, but that's ok, isn't it?

My responses reflect the manner in which the post was posted. hyperbole isn't tolerated in other fora- struck down v quickly. It's tolerated here and I feel it should be challenged. A man's good name is ripped assumder here and no one seems to care. It's without justication or provacation and unfair. They are human beings too to be denegrated in such a fashion
    I find repulsive and disgusting,

I try to lighten the mood and that's critisised too. I won't ever do right by these posters so I don't bother trying. But I will defend a person's good name if nothing else, and won't apologise for that.

Ah give it a rest it's not like anyone is calling Wenger names. He's being called out for his professional under-performance in management in recent years, there's nothing repulsive or disgusting about it. Not only by Arsenal fans but by virtually every pundit, as well as ex-players and fans of other clubs. Blind support does noone any favours. The supporters want a change, just because Wenger is an old man and a nice guy doesn't mean the club is his for however long he likes. If you're so easily offended then take a break from the thread. Fairplay for actually putting together a paragraph though.

Ah give it a rest it's not like anyone is calling Wenger names. He's being called out for his professional under-performance in management in recent years, there's nothing repulsive or disgusting about it. Not only by Arsenal fans but by virtually every pundit, as well as ex-players and fans of other clubs. Blind support does noone any favours. The supporters want a change, just because Wenger is an old man and a nice guy doesn't mean the club is his for however long he likes. If you're so easily offended then take a break from the thread. Fairplay for actually putting together a paragraph though.

If it only criticism of his management I would have no issue. And it's questioning players personal integrity too- that's uncalled for.

When I give a detailed response I'm told to give it a rest, reinforces my point about not being able to do right on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I Make first post in months within hours i see arguin and mention of grinder and getting hole in munich :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I Make first post in months within hours i see arguin and mention of grinder and getting hole in munich :)

Lurk harder. We're reminded daily of mansizes sexuality, which I couldn't give a fück about tbh but I don't come here to read that shïte. I'm blue in the face from flagging his posts, from pming mods, I just give up. This thread is more of a shambells than Arsenal FC.

If it only criticism of his management I would have no issue. And it's questioning players personal integrity too- that's uncalled for.

When I give a detailed response I'm told to give it a rest, reinforces my point about not being able to do right on here!

I meant give it a rest claiming he was being personally attacked which is clearly not the case. If you read my post I clearly said well done for actually putting together more than a single sentence or two.

Lurk harder. We're reminded daily of mansizes sexuality, which I couldn't give a fück about tbh but I don't come here to read that shïte. I'm blue in the face from flagging his posts, from pming mods, I just give up. This thread is more of a shambells than Arsenal FC.

It has always been an eventful thread for as long as i can remember!ha i would love a meet up of everyone on the thread and see how everyone gets on:)

• Advertisement

It has always been an eventful thread for as long as i can remember!ha i would love a meet up of everyone on the thread and see how everyone gets on:)

Killings. They're would be killings.

I don't think it would be a good idea

Ha or a white collar charity boxing event tayto v mansize :)

I'd like to believe that most people aren't as angry and miserable as they come across as on here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd like to believe that most people aren't as angry and miserable as they come across as on here :)

If they were, we actually would live in the world of The Running Man.

Ha or a white collar charity boxing event tayto v mansize :)

My brain surgery prevents that. I could ref, I'm fully qualified

I meant give it a rest claiming he was being personally attacked which is clearly not the case. If you read my post I clearly said well done for actually putting together more than a single sentence or two.

More than Wenger was attacked. One post was particularly poisonous, I reported it, it seems to have been deleted.

• Advertisement

I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I'm getting very close to deleting my boards account, probably just saving the moderators a job by doing it, because even though I have somebody on ignore, their posts keep popping up with quote boxes.

I enjoy reading the posts and interacting with probably every poster bar one individual and his/her antagonistic manner, condescending tone and blatant wilful disregard for common decency are making this a very difficult place to come back to!

Given the personal abuse I received from HM I'm surprised he's on here seeing this. But he didn't call anyone Maureen so it's not cardable

One person says I never stop identifying my sexuality while another cannot determine my gender...

I don't start posts with my sexuality but if it comes up I'll say it. And my love for Olivier will not be silenced lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Funny the forum destroyer finally got a multi-quote sorted....
    Absolute shambles of a thread.
    Quite apt it's just like the club.

Don't reply to me please.
    I don't care what you think.
    You have ruined this thread.

• Advertisement

One person says I never stop identifying my sexuality while another cannot determine my gender...

I don't start posts with my sexuality but if it comes up I'll say it. And my love for Olivier will not be silenced lolz

No idea why sexuality would come up on here. Haven't known anyone else to mention it, nor do I care what anyone's is.

No idea why sexuality would come up on here. Haven't known anyone else to mention it, nor do I care what anyone's is.

There's another gay poster on here and I know many are heterosexual married with children so it has been mentioned on more that one occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

There's another gay poster on here and I know many are heterosexual married with children so it has been mentioned on more that one occasion

Jesus Christ your posts are painful and do nothing but aim to detail a thread.

90% of your posts Should be in the personal issues forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

I suppose people mention it indirectly, over with the missus, over with the kids, the kid had a great time, send the missus shopping etc. It all seems fine.

I suppose people mention it indirectly, over with the missus, over with the kids, the kid had a great time, send the missus shopping etc. It all seems fine.

I only mentioned indirectly tbf. I didn't elaborate until asked. I wasn't going to the red light district. My day bed in Frankfurt today was. Christ some of them women on the posters could feed Africa !!!

Oh and someone asked where I got my away ticket - the Gay Gooners - so maybe that's TMI also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A concerted effort by all posters to put people on ignore would increase the readability of this thread. I like to pop in to other teams threads and discuss football topics but this place literally needs to be burnt and started again.

Time to take a break from this thread for a couple of weeks. In a while lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

40 pages since I last looked in here a couple of days ago...did we sign somebody or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

BrianJD wrote: »
    40 pages since I last looked in here a couple of days ago...did we sign somebody or something?

Just seen your post and thought something had happened!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057707453

Sorry to be the one to do it. Please contribute to the above if you want to see a change in this thread. The mods have just ignored what's happening in here.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057707453

Sorry to be the one to do it. Please contribute to the above if you want to see a change in this thread. The mods have just ignored what's happening in here.

Thanks.
    I replied, but post is not shown. Never used this forum before, is that normal?

emmetlego wrote: »
    I replied, but post is not shown. Never used this forum before, is that normal?

Me too,wrote a reply got an error.

Seems I'm the only one able to reply to it. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reply. Sorry for derailing the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Seems I'm the only one able to reply to it. I guess I'll just have to wait for a reply. Sorry for derailing the thread.

I posted but I think it has to be approved by an administrator before anyone can see it

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Its was derailed a long time ago to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

In an attempt to get conversation back on track, are there any ex-Arsenal players ye would like to see take over from Wenger?

Off the top of my head there isn't really a standout character. Bergkamp springs to mind (Travelling issue aside)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

In an attempt to get conversation back on track, are there any ex-Arsenal players ye would like to see take over from Wenger?

Off the top of my head there isn't really a standout character. Bergkamp springs to mind (Travelling issue aside)

Be good to see a few in the door. As aresblog said - Robert Pires has made no qualms about wanting to be sporting director, id be fine with that. We just need more footballing people in the door and not businessmen

I'd like Bergkamp involved too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't see any explayers ready. Of them all only Bergkamp would interest me as he's not a yes man, I don't think he'd cover for the board like Arsene

But that's reason enough why he won't be asked

• Advertisement

The traveling is a major stumbling block.
    Tony Adams and Paul merson were both disastrous managers.
    Smudger is a pundit.
    Thierry Henry might be the only one.
    Or Vieria but he's been lost to City already.
    Who else?

Has to be somebody who is capable of taking on a massive club though and none of the previous mentioned are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement