Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

That draw has landed Wenger a trip to Wembley and another great chance for an FA cup. If we screw that golden opportunity from here on out then he's finished.

An FA cup would be a send off befitting his legendary status but then again I've no doubt he'd probably decide to stick around on the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Really couldn't care less about the FA cup in the slightest. My interest in this season ended with the limp Everton and City defeats. There's only one solution in 2 parts. Remove Kronke and Wenger. Until that happens I won't be suckered in again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I never, ever thought I'd see the day I'm genuinely nervous about playing a conference team.

Honestly, if you offered me one nil tomorrow I'd bite your hand off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,511 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I think we will shìt the bed when we do come up against a big team in the Fa cup. Like I said before the Bayern game, this team have shown me nothing to suggest we have the beating of a big team when it REALLY counts. Beating Chelsea in the league in September is all well and good but if you can't do it when it matters then you are weak...Which has been proven time and time again. Arsenal do not deal with pressure well. Ever. We are serial bed shïtters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I never, ever thought I'd see the day I'm genuinely nervous about playing a confetence team.

Honestly, if you offered me one nil tomorrow I'd bite your hand off.

It's on an alweather pitch so we should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Half of me wants us to get done over by Sutton just so Wenger is one step closer to the door, but then I think of what he has done for the club. I really hope it doesnt get nasty but he should know by now he has taken the club as far as he can.

He could have his pick of International teams when he goes and would not be surprised if Southgate got the boot and AW brought in, France would also suit him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Half of me wants us to get done over by Sutton just so Wenger is one step closer to the door, but then I think of what he has done for the club. I really hope it doesnt get nasty but he should know by now he has taken the club as far as he can.

He could have his pick of International teams when he goes and would not be surprised if Southgate got the boot and AW brought in, France would also suit him well.

I don't think he'd take the England job. Enough hassle with the press as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Why would you want Arsenal to lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wawaman wrote: »
    Why would you want Arsenal to lose?
    It's in his post.
    He wants Wenger gone. Thinks a loss would speed it but Wenger won't go either way, he's too brazen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's in his post.
    He wants Wenger gone. Thinks a loss would speed it but Wenger won't go either way, he's too brazen.

But we're all Arsenal supporters aren't we? You may not like the manager but you should always want Arsenal to win

It's Arsenal FC not Arsene FC, right?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    But we're all Arsenal supporters aren't we? You may not like the manager but you should always want Arsenal to win

I can understand his post. He thinks it will speed Wenger's exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Dead right. I think AW's time is up, but I would never want Arsenal to lose a game to speed that process up

Love it. Nicely done.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Love it. Nicely done.

I thought you preferred Arsene FC :rolleyes:

Guys, if we lose to Sutton it will be a whole new low. This is a mid table conference side. Lincoln then if we win tomorrow night. its almost a clear path to the semis with all due respect to the two sides.

Can Arsenal win the cup? yes we are more than capable but the real goal has to be the league and improvements in Europe. Wenger is not the man to lead us.

He has been too long in the job and is suffering severe myopia but in all honesty we have a good few impostors who should be also binned.

Guys, if we lose to Sutton it will be a whole new low. This is a mid table conference side. Lincoln then if we win tomorrow night. its almost a clear path to the semis with all due respect to the two sides.

Can Arsenal win the cup? yes we are more than capable but the real goal has to be the league and improvements in Europe. Wenger is not the man to lead us.

He has been too long in the job and is suffering severe myopia but in all honesty we have a good few impostors who should be also binned.

If Wenger is still here next season then we will be going backwards.
    A cup win shouldn't save him but i'd bet a pound to a penny he'll hang on. I said before that he'll be carried out kicking and screaming by men in white coats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd think of a cup win as nothing more than an extra feather in his cap, and a fitting farewell to Wenger and a hat tip for his years of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If you win the FA Cup and get 4th he'll go nowhere. Even losing to Sutton the same line will still be trotted out that he will make a decision at the end of the season.

I think people are getting a little carried away.

I know we're bad but we're not gonna lose tomorrow. Should be a comfortable win, I can't see any other result really...

Does it matter in the long run, not really, if we avoid a better team along the way we'll end up with the cup, big swinging Mickey though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

It really will be same old same old if AW stays,just look at this season,out of anything important by Feb,a good cup run and a bunch of bottle jobs any time the pressure is on.
    I couldn't care less if we win the FA cup or not,Lincoln in the QF,the 1st time a non league side have reached this stage in over 100 yrs just shows the farce the FA cup has become,a meaningless trophy,more trouble than its worth for most of the Premier league and half the Championship.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    It really will be same old same old if AW stays,just look at this season,out of anything important by Feb,a good cup run and a bunch of bottle jobs any time the pressure is on.
    I couldn't care less if we win the FA cup or not,Lincoln in the QF,the 1st time a non league side have reached this stage in over 100 yrs just shows the farce the FA cup has become,a meaningless trophy,more trouble than its worth for most of the Premier league and half the Championship.

But but but some posters believe it might save Arsene.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

FA cup win wouldn't be a bad season with top 4 too, be nice to win a trophy, Arsene prob has a few targets lined up for the summer

liam7831 wrote: »
    FA cup win wouldn't be a bad season with top 4 too, be nice to win a trophy, Arsene prob has a few targets lined up for the summer

No no no.

But but but some posters believe it might save Arsene.:D

Nobody would bloody well sack him,he'll make out its as big an achievement as winning the league.
    Sutton and Lincoln ffs hardly tough to get through to the semi,Hull and Aston Villa in the last 2 finals it's hardly a ringing endorsement of the great trophy people would have you believe it is.
    Just win the thing and head off into the sunset please Arsene.
    Thanks for the memories but enough is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It would be a wonderful achievement

• Advertisement

I thought you preferred Arsene FC :rolleyes:

Roll eyes, indeed.

mansize wrote: »
    It would be a wonderful achievement

The 5th richest club in the world should be aiming higher than get 4th and a meaningless Cup win.

Teams that are behind us in the money rankings include man city and Chelsea.... Would it be a successful season for them to HYPOTHETICALLY 4th and a Cup win.

Like fück it would.

So why is it acceptable for us, why are you so ok with mediocrity?

Answer the questions or don't quote me.

The 5th richest club in the world should be aiming higher than 4th and a meaningless Cup win.

Teams that are behind us in the money rankings include man city and Chelsea.... Would it be a successful season for them to HYPOTHETICALLY 4th and a Cup win.

Like fück it would.

So why is it acceptable for us, why are you so ok with mediocrity?

Answer the questions or don't quote me.

What are these money rankings you speak of ?

Forbes money list for football clubs.

To have the record back, and for Arsene to win the most would be wonderful for the oldest cup competition in the world

Some people don't rate it, that's their prerogative.

But FA Cup final day Arsenal v Spurs, Giroud to head the winner in injury time as Deli Alli falls to the ground in despair would be magical

• Advertisement

Try Google..
    http://sporteology.com/top-10-richest-football-clubs-in-the-world/

1st result....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Certainly looks like a cup final could be on the cards. One of United/Chavs will be gone, we'll beat Spurs in the final and Pocchetino will resign after the game to take over from Wenger.

You obviously believe everything you google ... hmm

keano_afc wrote: »
    Certainly looks like a cup final could be on the cards. One of United/Chavs will be gone, we'll beat Spurs in the final and Pocchetino will resign after the game to take over from Wenger.

Hah, another failure to take over? No thank you keano!

With respect, counter the discussion with a rebuttal not a "hmm"

We have a fortune teller in our midst.

You could do more research if you want,I'm not bothered.

Accept mundane,mediocrity if you like.
    It's not for me,what you proposed as a successful season is what's happened this past few years....not good enough.
    It's quite simple.

What do you think that tells us?
    We are 5th or 6th on a few of those lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

emmetlego wrote: »
    Hah, another failure to take over? No thank you keano!

I was half joking. He's an excellent manager though.

Wiki Link for the non believers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Christ above can you just answer a question for once instead of debating the question..

This is utterly impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Does it matter in the long run, not really, if we avoid a better team along the way we'll end up with the cup, big swinging Mickey though.

Be better than a small swinging Mickey though.

Can't be turning noses up towards the only trophy most fans would say Wenger can even win at the start of a season Football's about winning.

Wiki Link for the non believers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs

Christ above can you just answer a question for once instead of debating the question..

This is utterly impossible.

They have nothing else to go on anymore.
    Arsene is a busted flush and trying internet deflection tactics just doesn't work when the evidence is plain to see.
    Your either happy with the top 4 trophy and an odd cup or you want Arsenal to be the best it can be.
    We can do better,it's nowhere near good enough to plod along getting embarrassed every year in Europe and falling out of the title race by Feb/March.
    There is simply no defending AW anymore,it's over,he's finished,it's done.

Hey, surely at this stage you want the club you support to win the FA Cup? I'll try to go to Lincoln match I think- if we beat Sutton

Hey, surely at this stage you want the club you support to win the FA Cup? I'll try to go to Lincoln match I think- if we beat Sutton

Hehehe...IF we beat Sutton?...careful mansize the doubts are creeping in ; )

Hehehe...IF we beat Sutton?...careful mansize the doubts are creeping in ; )

No, just don't want to be disrespectful- they've earned the right to be there

No, just don't want to be disrespectful- they've earned the right to be there

I'm only jesting,my Wenger loving boardsie....(thumbs up)

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Be better than a small swinging Mickey though.

Can't be turning noses up towards the only trophy most fans would say Wenger can even win at the start of a season Football's about winning.

I wont turn my nose up at it but i wont exactly party like its 1999 either.

This season is different though. this wont be like 14 or 15 when we got a soft enough draw and all the big guns were eliminated (and we still nearly fúcked it up in 2014 v Wigan and Hull). Spurs (should beat Millwall), City (should beat Huddersfield) and either Chelsea or Man U will be floating around the semi final so assuming we dont fúck either the Sutton or Lincoln game up (not beyond realms of possibility) we will face another huge test at Wembley.... no bother lads. Just show the hard work and commitment that you done vs Bayern, City, Everton, etc.... be grand :rolleyes:

This season is different though. this wont be like 14 or 15 when we got a soft enough draw and all the big guns were eliminated (and we still nearly fúcked it up in 2014 v Wigan and Hull). Spurs (should beat Millwall), City (should beat Huddersfield) and either Chelsea or Man U will be floating around the semi final so assuming we dont fúck either the Sutton or Lincoln game up (not beyond realms of possibility) we will face another huge test at Wembley.... no bother lads. Just show the hard work and commitment that you done vs Bayern, City, Everton, etc.... be grand :rolleyes:

(Kevin Keegan voice)...I'd love it if we win..
    But City,Spurs and one of Chelsea or Utd,I'm not very confident in us beating any of those the way we are carrying on this season.
    Perennial bottlers,always crumbling when the big boys come to town,sure we nearly fcuked it up against Hull a few years back.
    I'm sickened looking at the crap we're throwing out and calling it football.

1999? The year United won the treble...no reason to party. 😝

• Advertisement

Thank god we have a match today. The same few posters saying the exact same things about why Wenger should leave is getting tedious.

Any guesses for the lineup?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement