Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

mansize wrote: »
    I think no High profile manager would like to follow Wenger, let someone flop then "rescue" the club is their modus operandi

Yes because Wenger has been tearing it up for the last 10 years now that it would be so pressuring for a new man to just come in and keep up this hammering all round us we've been doing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Any high profile manager who comes in only has to get top 4 and they are already matching AW achievements this past 10 years.
    A proper sustained title challenge or past the 1/4 finals of CL and they surpassed him.
    I think a majority of fans think we are flopping already and need rescuing.

greendom wrote: »
    Ian Wright was brilliant on 5 live. Spoke with real warmth about Arsene.

He said that he was at a function with him last night and really got the impression from speaking to him that Wenger knows his time is up.

He said that the players had let him down in recent years. Betrayed his faith in them.

He agreed that Wenger's time was up but he did it with respect and he couldn't hide the obvious admiration he has for the man.

I love Wrighty.
    I think the board has let Wenger down too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yes because Wenger has been tearing it up for the last 10 years now that it would be so pressuring for a new man to just come in and keep up this hammering all round us we've been doing :rolleyes:

Finishing 5th would be a fail

gitzy16v wrote: »
    I love Wrighty.

Wenger has been very loyal to Arsenal fc

Not sure it always goes the other way

I love Wrighty.

The board didnt set the tactics for Wenger and i would be critical of Kroenke and the board.
    The fact is he didnt evolve his tactics. He persisted with tippy tappy shíte for years. 160 passes before we have a shot at goal and a team of soft flops. He got money to spend but the culture within the club is now rotten.

Any high profile manager who comes in only has to get top 4 and they are already matching AW achievements this past 10 years.
    A proper sustained title challenge or past the 1/4 finals of CL and they surpassed him.
    I think a majority of fans think we are flopping already and need rescuing.

Continuous top 4 ain't as easy as Wenger makes it look

Ask any other team

The board didnt set the tactics for Wenger and i would be critical of Kroenke and the board.
    The fact is he didnt evolve his tactics. He persisted with tippy tappy shíte for years. 160 passes before we have a shot at goal and a team of soft flops. He got money to spend but the culture within the club is now rotten.

Harry???

Dont get me wrong,Im not saying he did no wrong...far from it.
    I agree with everything you've said.
    Even if they had backed AW to the hilt,I think we would have still seen all the faults we have been seeing these past few seasons,only maybe with a few more players of the quality of Ozil and Sanchez possibly getting us a step or 2 closer to a title.
    Its time to go,Ill never forget his greatest achievement of shaking off the boring boring Arsenal tag,he changed us then now its time for someone else to take over and change us again.

Dont get me wrong,Im not saying he did no wrong...far from it.
    I agree with everything you've said.
    Even if they had backed AW to the hilt,I think we would have still seen all the faults we have been seeing these past few seasons,only maybe with a few more players of the quality of Ozil and Sanchez possibly getting us a step or 2 closer to a title.
    Its time to go,Ill never forget his greatest achievement of shaking off the boring boring Arsenal tag,he changed us then now its time for someone else to take over and change us again.

Ill respect Wenger if he decides to step away during the summer because in all honesty its been a big part of his life for 21 years and id understand if he is afraid of the separation anxiety. It might be a good time perhaps for him to have a fresh challenge before he retires too? yes i suppose he is on big money but he made the club alot of money by finding some gems for peanuts over the years. The tactics have been stale though. For the good of the club, something has to give. you can be a legend starting off but can stay too long. Look at Brian Clough. Granted Cloughies problems were more personal than football related.

• Advertisement

Ill respect Wenger if he decides to step away during the summer because in all honesty its been a big part of his life for 21 years and id understand if he is afraid of the separation anxiety. It might be a good time perhaps for him to have a fresh challenge before he retires too? yes i suppose he is on big money but he made the club alot of money by finding some gems for peanuts over the years. The tactics have been stale though. For the good of the club, something has to give. you can be a legend starting off but can stay too long. Look at Brian Clough. Granted Cloughies problems were more personal than football related.

The longer he stays the more his reputation is tarnished.
    Its not even the tactics that bother me so much now,its the lack of belief,no fight,your right it is stale.
    Maybe the France job would be good for him but to be honest I dont really care what he does after Arsenal:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Continuous top 4 ain't as easy as Wenger makes it look

Ask any other team

I just wonder what could have been achieved if he'd spent that 70 Million we were told he had.

I wonder would Womans Aid be able to help :pac:

The longer he stays the more his reputation is tarnished.
    Its not even the tactics that bother me so much now,its the lack of belief,no fight,your right it is stale.
    Maybe the France job would be good for him but to be honest I dont really care what he does after Arsenal:pac:

To be honest if he goes during the summer ill wish him well and nod to his achievements. The cup would be a nice send off for him but hopefully it wont prompt him to stay on because he is finished.

To be honest if he goes during the summer ill wish him well and nod to his achievements. The cup would be a nice send off for him but hopefully it wont prompt him to stay on because he is finished.

Oh no,
    Is it bad that I fear winning the FA cup because he'll stay then.:confused:
    I thought we sent him off with the FA cup a couple of times already,didnt seem to work:P

Oh no,
    Is it bad that I fear winning the FA cup because he'll stay then.:confused:
    I thought we sent him off with the FA cup a couple of times already,didnt seem to work:P

Cant see him staying to be honest. id be very very surprised if he does. i think the end is near.

Hope a good win tomorrow sets us up well for Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Im dead set against Kroenke,he's a leech,and Ive a nagging suspicion in the back of my head that Arsene knows Stan is no good for Arsenal.

This is it.

Stan can piss off.

Hull currently have 10 injured players. We should be putting them to the sword.

Would really like to see Welbeck and Lucas get starts, but I fear that Wenger is too worried about backlash after a loss, and he will play it safe with a similar team to what we've been seeing.

• Advertisement

I want a day off from all the Wenger stuff.

Just want to see us dispatch Hull neatly, with a bit of life in the performance.

Agree would be very happy to see m'man Welbz start, and Perez too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I also wouldn't mind Welbeck and Perez starting a game today. In central midfield, id like to see El Neny and Chamberlain play, Coquelin was atrocious against Chelsea and deserves to be dropped.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4YKaUDWcAAD8xb?format=jpg&name=large

Today's program- great to see Arsenal take the lead in
    Inclusiveness

3-0

Welbz to score

Urgh...exact same team as last week, except Gibbs in for Monreal

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/830378531305578496

Alright, i want to see Welbz, but happy with that team too.

Like Ox in the middle, would prefer Elneny to Coq, but lets just get the job done.

Come on Arsenal. Don't give me another weekend of anger.

• Advertisement

Theo fcuking Walcott

Theo fcuking Walcott

It's literally two weeks since he banged in a hat trick at Southampton!

He's alright for this game.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's literally two weeks since he banged in a hat trick at Southampton!

He's alright for this game.

After we were 2-0 up! Give Welbz a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Christ, Lucas can't get a start. 2-2 draw for me.
    I'll even predict the subs are Iwobi off for Lucas, Coqeulin off for Elneny, Welbeck for Walcott.

Troopz' head to explode on AFTV this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Christ, Lucas can't get a start. 2-2 draw for me.
    I'll even predict the subs are Iwobi off for Lucas, Coqeulin off for Elneny, Welbeck for Walcott.

Troopz' head to explode on AFTV this afternoon.

I have no idea what his problem is with Lucas, he's looked great every time he played. Yet only one league start.

• Advertisement

After we were 2-0 up! Give Welbz a go!

I want to see Welbz too, but i think Theo gets too hard a time of it sometimes.

Sometimes deserved, I know, all the negativity is killing me.

I have no idea what his problem is with Lucas, he's looked great every time he played. Yet only one league start.

I can't fathom it myself. He always looks sharp, brings players into the game and can finish. :confused::confused::confused:

I'd love an energetic performance from the team today.

He hasnt got blind loyalty to Lucas yet...
    Id have Lucas over Walcott any day of the week.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    all the negativity is killing me.

Embrace it Donie. Makes life 'round here so much easier :)

In the past 12 seasons we have finished an average of 14 points behind the winners. We're not even close to winning the league. Change needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Early games are unpredictable, and when it's Arsenal, what can I say. I'm going with a win for Arsenal 2-1 based on the fact that we lost the last two, so we are due a win. Not exactly sound reasoning, lol.

Got my fire lit, snacks got stuff ready for Ireland party later, sports nation on and Flaked out! Come on Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Wenger picks more or less the same team shock horror. He never shakes things up but we're all used to that now sadly so no surprise.

I guess we'll win handy enough today and all will be great again or something to that extent......

At least give us some nice football to watch so I can forget what a mess our season is.

• Advertisement

Seeing as there's feck-all at stake we should win easily.

Seeing as there's feck-all at stake we should win easily.

You're saying the battle for 4th is nothing??!??!!

He is.

Mea Culpa. I meant on bench lol

Got my fire lit, snacks got stuff ready for Ireland party later, sports nation on and Flaked out!

I was over the Scotland/Ireland game last weekend. Very hard to sit through that match in the middle of a freezing Edinburgh. Italy should be tough for half and hour then we'll steam them.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're saying the battle for 4th is nothing??!??!!

It's not a great prize when we exit at the same stage every year.
    My goal is tops not fourth.

God I can't abide Redknapp. He speaks in truisms

I was over the Scotland/Ireland game last weekend. Very hard to sit through that match in the middle of a freezing Edinburgh. Italy should be tough for half and hour then we'll steam them.

Me too! I was roaring like a demon at Murrayfield

Some people always want to top

I was joking. You don't have to be miserable 24/7, you know :)

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    I was joking. You don't have to be miserable 24/7, you know :)
    So was I :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement