Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I wouldn't be putting Sanchez on with the game won.

I'd say Wenger doesn't have a choice about it. LOL at the Arsenal fans chanting "Give it to Sanchez"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ox the pox

I hate when Sanchez is on, other players feel that they have to pass it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What an average bunch of players this lot is. I know Wenger built this team but I really fear for our club when the boss leaves.

It's an expensively assembled bunch of wasters. The majority of them have very little to offer at the minute. The only hope is when Arsene does go somebody who can properly discipline this crowd will replace him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Basil3 wrote: »
    I hate when Sanchez is on, other players feel that they have to pass it to him.

+1 and he'l throw a bitch fit if he doesnt score

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This Collins lad is a lout. Insane decision to bring Sanchez on with that **** for brains centre half on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What an average bunch of players this lot is. I know Wenger built this team but I really fear for our club when the boss leaves.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Team is rubbish.
    Worrying for rubbish team when manager who made rubbish team leaves.

Yeah ok...

FFS Walcott as usual runs into the box and loses the ball! Always the same from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

gandalf wrote: »
    FFS Walcott as usual runs into the box and loses the ball! Always the same from him.

He's robbing a living off us,terrible footballer.

• Advertisement

Fair play Sutton they've been good tonight. I'd say it was mostly down to Arsenal being so crap. Deacon Man of the Match? Dunno about that. I'd have given it to Perez myself

This commentator is doing my nut in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Except when he scores or crosses

job done. Lincoln next.

greendom wrote: »

Walcott couldn't cross his legs properly

greendom wrote: »

He doesn't deliver either at the quantity expected at the level we are competing at.

• Advertisement

"Collins, who has been magnificent tonight..."

Yeah he was great when he tried to headbutt Oxlade-Chamberlain as he ran past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hopefully Elneny is ok.
    Shouldn't have brought on Sanchez.
    Not a great performance but a win.
    Hard to guage that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

keano_afc wrote: »
    "Collins, who has been magnificent tonight..."

Yeah he was great when he tried to headbutt Oxlade-Chamberlain as he ran past him.

A nasty piece of work I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Walcott should be ****ed off in the summer . Expensive version of Wayne Routledge ........total rubbish .

Headshot wrote: »
    A nasty piece of work I thought

Thug. But but the magic of the cup.

• Advertisement

Don't know how I feel about that,glad we won,disappointed at the attitude and performance....it's all a bit meh,which is how Arsenal have made me feel most of this season so nothing new same old same old.
    We will be slaughtered facing a half decent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He doesn't deliver either at the quantity expected at the level we are competing at.

Yeah.

That's one tonight and a hat trick in the previous round.

But yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Thug. But but the magic of the cup.

Was it him who tried to snap iwobis leg in 2? Of course the BBC glossed over that

A win is a win but to be blunt after the pasting from Munich we needed a performance and not just a result.

That's our match against Leicester postponed as well now. Going to have some buildup of matches at some stage in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Afters at the match?

I think we confuse the shyte out of Sutton by playing Reine-Adelaide, Maitland-Niles and Oxlade-Chamberlain across the midfield. They'll think they're facing 6 players, and spend so much time looking for the other 3 they'll forget about our forwards. We record a comfortable 2-0 win. I am so smart. S-M-R-T.

Anyway. CALLED IT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Poison is running through that team right now. Some of the players need to seriously have a look at themselves in the mirror and not into their over blown wallets. Walcott can go, I'm tired of waiting on him to be the new Henry. He can take Aaron 'back pass' Ramsey and unless Ozil gets his **** together, he can go too. This poor form of his is gradually becoming more than just form. Now I know these 2 weren't playing tonight, but it's a general overview of how I feel. I'm tired of seeing the team I love get dragged further and further away from the standard we should be at. I'd keep Ox, he may thrive under a different coaching regime. Certainly has the tools.

We need a new manager, and a new owner, or an owner who will use all our wealth to make us a better team. We need a modern number 10. (Iwobi will more than probably grow into that role with time, but he's too young for that right now), we need a left full, Monreal has gone backwards. We need a DMF and we need a new set of wingers. Lastly, and above all, we need a world class goalkeeper.

It's a lot, but we need it. Maybe a new regime could make our bunch better, but it's the attitude of those I want gone, that infuriates me most. Loads here were willing to forgive Theo jumping out of that tackle last year. To me, that showed his lack of Arsene's fabled "mental strength" and same goes for Ramsey, who went from a free scoring attacking midfielder, to a bloke afraid to pass the ball forward more than 5 yards. Lastly Ozil. I love him, he's amazing on his game. But his game has gone, and unless he's at his creative best, he offers nada. zip. squat. diddly.

I actually really worry for our future. I think we're in the creek of sh1t and in a paddle free canoe.

emmetlego wrote: »
    It's a lot, but we need it. Maybe a new regime could make our bunch better, but it's the attitude of those I want gone, that infuriates me most. Loads here were willing to forgive Theo jumping out of that tackle last year. To me, that showed his lack of Arsene's fabled "mental strength" and same goes for Ramsey, who went from a free scoring attacking midfielder, to a bloke afraid to pass the ball forward more than 5 yards. Lastly Ozil. I love him, he's amazing on his game. But his game has gone, and unless he's at his creative best, he offers nada. zip. squat. diddly.

I actually really worry for our future. I think we're in the creek of sh1t and in a paddle free canoe.

Walcott was out for a seriously long amount of time with his ACL injury. I can understand why he would be hesitant. He's much more aggressive going into contact now.

Ramsey played great football for Wales at the Euros. We're definitely not getting the best out of him. He's become much more cautious than he was, probably been reading the comments about him on here :pac:

• Advertisement

Walcott was out for a seriously long amount of time with his ACL injury. I can understand why he would be hesitant. He's much more aggressive going into contact now.

Ramsey played great football for Wales at the Euros. We're definitely not getting the best out of him. He's become much more cautious than he was, probably been reading the comments about him on here :pac:

he wasn't all that! a brain fart that saw him suspended from the semi!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I wouldn't ship out any of those players before a new manager is signed, a new voice and approach might see a real change with any one of Ramsey, Walcott, Ox etc.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't ship out any of those players before a new manager is signed, a new voice and approach might see a real change with any one of Ramsey, Walcott, Ox etc.

AW far more valuable than those 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wha ???

This thing about his ACL. You're going to have to trust me on this. I know a thing or 2 about professional sports and psychology and when they talk about players match fitness, this is addressed by the medical team and sports psychs. There's no way on earth he was conscious of his ACL when he jumped out of that tackle. He is in my humble opinion, a mentally fragile athlete, and it shows at the level he plays. Again, I ask you to trust me. I'm hiding behind a mask of internet anonymity but I have worked with sports professionals at many levels.

I agree about Ramsey, but that speaks more about Wenger than anything else. Ramsey has suffered because of Ozil's arrival IMO. They are fighting for the same area of the pitch.

Overall, I'm very saddened for the future of our once great club. You know, I don't even get angry at the stupid losses anymore. I do get angry at some fans who have a very blinkered and IMO, a naive view on how the club is run these days. I'm actually upbeat a little though in the last week, as you can sense that some sort of change is on the way.

I just want to state for the record. I love Arsene. I missed his interview pre-game, but I believe he showed yet again, that he has dignity and class. I'm proud of him as one of ours, but his time (again IMO) is up. It has been for some time now.

Hopefully we have a new outlook of positivity soon. COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

mansize wrote: »
    AW far more valuable than those 3

That's not the point I'm making. All these lads have potential but no consistency my point is if Wenger is going these lads should be kept for at least another year, with a different manager one or more could change completely.

If Wenger stays then selling 1/2 would make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

omega man wrote: »
    Sanchez must have a contractual clause that allows him to play when he wants ffs!
    he loves playing

Wha ???

In fairness to the poster, you couldn't get any less aggressive than he was that evening... So he's factually true! :-)

Poor Theo. He's still a big Wendy! :D

he loves playing

Like a dog chasing a ball...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Anyway. CALLED IT

youse waz right Blud :cool:

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's not the point I'm making. All these lads have potential but no consistency my point is if Wenger is going these lads should be kept for at least another year, with a different manager one or more could change completely.

If Wenger stays then selling 1/2 would make sense

Ramsey Maybe, the other two... waste of space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Walcott scores his hundredth, fair play to him. It's really a most impressive achievement, because he's really not that good of a football player.

Arghus wrote: »
    Walcott scores his hundredth, fair play to him. It's really a most impressive achievement, because he's really not that good of a football player.

Agreed. He's turned out to be a dirt Arsenal player in the long run but at times...He looks amazing...You know times when his contract is due for renewal.

A fraud. Should be booted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You're on a hiding to nothing with these games as a top pl team. Win 2 nil and people still complain because the performance was crap, you need to remember that it was Suttons world Cup final and for the arsenal players a game they'd all rather not be playing in. I didn't see the game but I presume it played out like every time I see united play one of these games. Crap to watch for the fans of the big team, an occasion for everyone else.

Jayop wrote: »
    You're on a hiding to nothing with these games as a top pl team. Win 2 nil and people still complain because the performance was crap, you need to remember that it was Suttons world Cup final and for the arsenal players a game they'd all rather not be playing in. I didn't see the game but I presume it played out like every time I see united play one of these games. Crap to watch for the fans of the big team, an occasion for everyone else.

Nobody's looking at the Sutton match as a standalone game. The performances from the team have not been good lately and if you look at the even bigger picture you realise it's just groundhog Day, season after season.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nobody's looking at the Sutton match as a standalone game. The performances from the team have not been good lately and if you look at the even bigger picture you realise it's just groundhog Day, season after season.

Yeah I get that you'll be feeling that, I was just chatting about the game tonight.

The risk for you is a couple of seasons like we're having could really feck you up. We're able to try at least to spend our way out of trouble and as rough as it's been we look to be on the right track. Of course it could go the other way and be like Conte at Chelsea. It's a massive gamble.

Shock. Manager backs fellow manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah I get that you'll be feeling that, I was just chatting about the game tonight.

The risk for you is a couple of seasons like we're having could really feck you up. We're able to try at least to spend our way out of trouble and as rough as it's been we look to be on the right track. Of course it could go the other way and be like Conte at Chelsea. It's a massive gamble.

I'm as disheartened as any Arsenal fan here and have made it obvious that I think it's time for Wenger to go. We haven't been impressive at all this season and have only beaten one top team and that was Chelsea 3-0.
    But as a Man Utd fan you reckon you're back on the right track? Which is probably a universal opinion of Man Utd at the moment.

But if you break it down, your only outperforming Arsenal in one competition and that's the EFL cup. Which Arsenal are notorious for not taking seriously. Man Utd are playing Europa league as opposed to Arsenal in the champions league. Both are in the same round of the FA cup and Arsenal are two points ahead of Man Utd in the premier league. Out of the current top 6 in the league Arsenal have won one match against Chelsea 3-0 and Man Utd also gave only won one match against Spurs 1-0.

I just think it's really interesting about the moods of both sets of fans when both are having similar seasons. Man Utd fans are all upbeat and us Arsenal fans are rock bottom. Is interesting when you analyse it like that.

Anyway I've had a few drinks tonight so maybe I'm talking ****e, just hope this is Wengers last season and we win one last FA cup and beat a couple of top teams in the league before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

sonic85 wrote: »
    A win is a win but to be blunt after the pasting from Munich we needed a performance and not just a result.

Agree. We did not get it tonight. I watched the match, poor to say the least. We can blame the pitch I suppose, lol. Ox brought on some energy and a difference when he came on. Other than that, a poor game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement