Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Keiser we're not comparing us and you, (well not much) we're comparing us and us the last few years. We had a bad start this season but are coming along nicely, whereas you had a hood start and seem to be slowing up. The issue as I read it from your pov is that it's the same old thing every season and yeah that would drive me mad too

Basil3 wrote: »
    Seriously. Why use it as an opportunity to have a dig? It's pathetic.

Don't like Theo, want him out of the club along with the manager and all the other dross that Wenger brought in. Don't give a fúck about his 100 goal. Man is a fraud

Soups123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't ship out any of those players before a new manager is signed, a new voice and approach might see a real change with any one of Ramsey, Walcott, Ox etc.

I think players have too much leeway today tbh. If a new man can move them along asap it would be fantastic. Won't hold my breath though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I'm as disheartened as any Arsenal fan here and have made it obvious that I think it's time for Wenger to go. We haven't been impressive at all this season and have only beaten one top team and that was Chelsea 3-0.
    But as a Man Utd fan you reckon you're back on the right track? Which is probably a universal opinion of Man Utd at the moment.

But if you break it down, your only outperforming Arsenal in one competition and that's the EFL cup. Which Arsenal are notorious for not taking seriously. Man Utd are playing Europa league as opposed to Arsenal in the champions league. Both are in the same round of the FA cup and Arsenal are two points ahead of Man Utd in the premier league. Out of the current top 6 in the league Arsenal have won one match against Chelsea 3-0 and Man Utd also gave only won one match against Spurs 1-0.

I just think it's really interesting about the moods of both sets of fans when both are having similar seasons. Man Utd fans are all upbeat and us Arsenal fans are rock bottom. Is interesting when you analyse it like that.

Anyway I've had a few drinks tonight so maybe I'm talking ****e, just hope this is Wengers last season and we win one last FA cup and beat a couple of top teams in the league before the end of the season.

I think it's because of the form. ManUtd start wasn't the best. We lost to City, Watford in consecutive games and after that we won only 2 games in 9, including 4-0 loss to Chelsea and 6 draws.

So after 14 games 4th was all but gone as we were 9 points behind City who were in 4th position and 10 points behind Arsenal who were in 2nd position. Fast forward after 25 games we are just 2 points behind 4th and 4 points behind 2nd. So we have gained so much ground on all the teams in the last 10-11 games.

So obvious why mood is different but would say both have similar season. Arsenal will be out of CL and ManUtd might be out of FA cup.

Also the reason might be you see the same thing every season with Arsenal whereas ManUtd fans see progress from Van Gaal to Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nobody's looking at the Sutton match as a standalone game. The performances from the team have not been good lately and if you look at the even bigger picture you realise it's just groundhog Day, season after season.

You are aware Groundhog Day has a happy ending?

Seriously. Why use it as an opportunity to have a dig? It's pathetic.

You perhaps need to have a look at more than my post. Plenty of people have had a cut at Walcott after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

You perhaps need to have a look at more than my post. Plenty of people have had a cut at Walcott after the game.

plenty of misery on this site. Guy has reached a significant milestone and all we can do is moan about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

greendom wrote: »
    plenty of misery on this site. Guy has reached a significant milestone and all we can do is moan about him.

Frustration more than anything. When a lot of us look at Walcott it kind of epitomizes everything that is wrong with the club.

Don't like Theo, want him out of the club along with the manager and all the other dross that Wenger brought in. Don't give a fúck about his 100 goal. Man is a fraud

No idea why you needed to quote me twice. You were the only person to immediately have a go at Walcott as soon as he reached his milestone. I apologise for saying your post was pathetic.

Wenger Out.
    Theo Out.

Average 10 goals per season since his arrival in 2006. Excuse me if I'm not waxing lyrical about him. He scored against Sutton ffs. Got in between the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker

• Advertisement

No idea why you needed to quote me twice. You were the only person to immediately have a go at Walcott as soon as he reached his milestone. I apologise for saying your post was pathetic.

Wenger Out.
    Theo Out.

And why did you need to just highlight mine?
    Your entitled to your opinion at the end of the day but don't be pretending to be some sort of bastion of righteousness. Next time Theo scores against parttimers I'll be sure to have an orgasm

And why did you need to just highlight mine?
    Your entitled to your opinion at the end of the day but don't be pretending to be some sort of bastion of righteousness. Next time Theo scores against parttimers I'll be sure to have an orgasm

I'll put the relevant part of my post in bold, just in case you somehow missed me pointing out exactly why I highlighted your post.....

Wenger Out.
    Theo Out.

I'll put the relevant part of my post in bold, just in case you somehow missed me pointing out exactly why I highlighted your post.....

Oh so I should have waited a while? Gotcha.. your not a mod and I'll post whenever the hell I like. Were not in North Korea

My reaction after Walcotts goal was more against BBC and their usual nonsense rather than Walcott himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Average 10 goals per season since his arrival in 2006. Excuse me if I'm not waxing lyrical about him. He scored against Sutton ffs. Got in between the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker

Walcott is Mr. Arsenal IMO.

Oh so I should have waited a while? Gotcha.. your not a mod and I'll post whenever the hell I like. Were not in North Korea

My reaction after Walcotts goal was more against BBC and their usual nonsense rather than Walcott himself.

You're right. You can post whatever you want. I thought (and still do) think it's bad form to immediately have a go at a player as soon as he reaches a significant milestone. You don't have to agree with me, but I'm sure you're smart enough to understand why someone would think it's uncalled for.

Anyway, no need for you to keep quoting me. PM if you want to discuss in more detail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm as disheartened as any Arsenal fan here and have made it obvious that I think it's time for Wenger to go. We haven't been impressive at all this season and have only beaten one top team and that was Chelsea 3-0.
    But as a Man Utd fan you reckon you're back on the right track? Which is probably a universal opinion of Man Utd at the moment.

But if you break it down, your only outperforming Arsenal in one competition and that's the EFL cup. Which Arsenal are notorious for not taking seriously. Man Utd are playing Europa league as opposed to Arsenal in the champions league. Both are in the same round of the FA cup and Arsenal are two points ahead of Man Utd in the premier league. Out of the current top 6 in the league Arsenal have won one match against Chelsea 3-0 and Man Utd also gave only won one match against Spurs 1-0.

I just think it's really interesting about the moods of both sets of fans when both are having similar seasons. Man Utd fans are all upbeat and us Arsenal fans are rock bottom. Is interesting when you analyse it like that.

Anyway I've had a few drinks tonight so maybe I'm talking ****e, just hope this is Wengers last season and we win one last FA cup and beat a couple of top teams in the league before the end of the season.
    They're ascending, we're descending. That's the difference,

• I'm as disheartened as any Arsenal fan here and have made it obvious that I think it's time for Wenger to go. We haven't been impressive at all this season and have only beaten one top team and that was Chelsea 3-0.

The difference is that the Utd squad looks to have regained it's bottle, especially when a fightback is required in a game. For the first time in years as a Utd fan I feel confidant of getting a result even if we are losing a game up until the ref blows for full time.
    Factor in that there is huge improvement in the style of football and we look like are steadily getting stronger as the weeks go by.
    Our bench is stronger the Arsenals also IMO and squad rotation has worked nicely since we got hammered by Chelsea.
    Jose is starting to get the best out of the complete squad.
    I cannot say any of that when I look at Arsenals season so far.
    But time will tell. We still as you say haven't won anything and are still 2 points behind Arsenal in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quazzie wrote: »
    They're ascending, we're descending. That's the difference,

Correct, and Utd have had 3 different managers in a very short period of time so the club is bound to be unstable and in a period of transition. Its only a matter of time another year or so before they are back dominating the league. The benefits we have being stable and having the same manager should have won us the league last year when all the top four teams where under new management there was NEVER a better time and we **** the bed as was said on here.

Wenger WAS a legend for the club but his stock is falling so fast I just hope he sees it and steps aside in the summer with the FA CUP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The difference is that the Utd squad looks to have regained it's bottle, especially when a fightback is required in a game. For the first time in years as a Utd fan I feel confidant of getting a result even if we are losing a game up until the ref blows for full time.
    Factor in that there is huge improvement in the style of football and we look like are steadily getting stronger as the weeks go by.
    Our bench is stronger the Arsenals also IMO and squad rotation has worked nicely since we got hammered by Chelsea.
    Jose is starting to get the best out of the complete squad.
    I cannot say any of that when I look at Arsenals season so far.
    But time will tell. We still as you say haven't won anything and are still 2 points behind Arsenal in the league.

Can't help but point out that Arsenal have made far more comebacks and scored more late goals than United this season, than any team in fact.

Doesn't make it a good Arsenal side nor does it say they have bottle, but your statement is just false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Walcott is Mr. Arsenal IMO.

Under George Graham Tony Adams was Mr Arsenal
    In Arsene Wengers first years Patrick Vieira was Mr Arsenal.
    Now we have Theo....... I have no particular problem with the guy but this is surely a sign of the times for us..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    Under George Graham Tony Adams was Mr Arsenal
    In Arsene Wengers first year Patrick Vieira was Mr Arsenal.
    Now we have Theo....... I have no particular problem with the guy but this is surely a sign of the times for us..

not Koscielny ? Theo may have been with us longer but Kos has played more games

not Koscielny ? Theo may have been with us longer but Kos has played more games

Better call alright.
    Oh to have a 25 year old Tony Adams in that dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Should have been Wilshere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

To call a player a fraud is very derogatory. I feel over zealous words are being used to create a catastrophic atmosphere.

Walcott is disappointing, but to call him a fraud is unfair, considering the weighty criminal charge with that accusation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

slogan-wenger-out-terlihat-saat-demo-tolak-trump-3IL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Walcott hitting a hundred goals is nice and all but it's only a personal milestone IMO.

The only milestone I'd care about is him hitting 30 goals in a season and winning us the league. After that - meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sky Sports said yesterday that Wenger is on 8.9 million a year.
    Money for old rope.

mansize wrote: »
    To call a player a fraud is very derogatory. I feel over zealous words are being used to create a catastrophic atmosphere.

Walcott is disappointing, but to call him a fraud is unfair, considering the weighty criminal charge with that accusation

How about calling a player diseased?

How about calling a player diseased?

Did I call a player diseased?

Did I call a player diseased?

You possibly didnt mean it like that, just like the person calling Walcott a fraud wasnt calling him an actual criminal....

• Advertisement

You possibly didnt mean it like that, just like the person calling Walcott a fraud wasnt calling him an actual criminal....

Can you quote what you are talking about?

Ox the pox

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

To be fair to Walcott he comes under an awful lot of criticism for his poor attitude and past temper tantrums over contracts. I think he's far from being the main problem of the team. He's scored 15 times in 26 appearances, if we had the same output from the other wing with Sanchez up top we wouldn't be in as bad shape. He's 5 foot 9, he's never gonna be a hard tackling ball winner but he's been tracking back and chasing the ball a lot more than before (which was poor admittingly). He's also our only winger who actually makes runs (Perez maybe).

Here

No. Not the same thing.

Saying he is a pox on Arsenal. It's a common expression in everyday English dating to Shakespearean times- "a pox on both your houses"

He is a liability, a nuisance. Not calling him deseased, saying he is a negative benefit to the club. It's not a criminal charge.

To take it literally would mean he was a desease on Arsenal, rather than being deseased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

No. Not the same thing.

Saying he is a pox on Arsenal. It's a common expression in everyday English dating to Shakespearean times- "a pox on both your houses"

He is a liability, a nuisance. Not calling him deseased, saying he is a negative benefit to the club. It's not a criminal charge.

Ox is having his best season and has finally found a position that suits him so I wouldn't have want to get rid of Ox whatsoever.

domrush wrote: »
    Ox is having his best season and has finally found a position that suits him so I wouldn't have want to get rid of Ox whatsoever.

I respect that view, but I don't share it

No. Not the same thing.

Thats one way of looking at it of course if it suits.
    Just like calling a player a fraud might not mean you think they actually committed a crime..

Just a thought.

Thats one way of looking at it of course if it suits.
    Just like calling a player a fraud might not mean you think they actually committed a crime..

Just a thought.

Fraud is a high charge I'm not award has a lesser meaning in common parlance

It has.
    I've often heard it used to describe people who shun work, go sick often and not put in an effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I called him a fraud because he's stealing a living from us. Apart from his pace he's got absolutely no good qualities for a footballer. His passing is sideways safe, his finishing is mediocre at best, his brain in footballing terms is retarded and worse of all his effort is pathetic. When his contract is due for renewal he stats to look like Henry though.

Yeah it's fair to say he's a fraud. Another one to be turfed out when Wenger goes.

• Advertisement

It has.
    I've often heard it used to describe people who shun work, go sick often and not put in an effort.

Slacker, work sky and skiver I've heard

I wouldn't use fraud. I've never heard it used that way.

Is Walcott a Slacker? I could see why some would say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Having a hard time believing you're not being deliberately obtuse now.

It's quite obvious he's not accusing him of money laundering ffs.

Slacker, work sky and skiver I've heard

I wouldn't use fraud. I've never heard it used that way.

Is Walcott a Slacker? I could see why some would say that

It obviously depends on which part of the country you live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Mansize you're getting easily offended by the word fraud. Looking far too much into a throwaway comment like that. Nobody is suggesting Walcott is a criminal ffs.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,697 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, now cut out you attempts to read things into terms used when there was absolutely no accusation of criminal activity here.

Everyone - back on topic, which is the club and not arguing over how a particular word may be interpreted in a court or elsewhere.

Any questions PM me

Thanks

domrush wrote: »
    Ox is having his best season and has finally found a position that suits him

What alternate universe do you hail from?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What alternate universe do you hail from?

This is a tricky one.
    What was his best season??

He has played 180 games and has a grand total of 20 goals.
    This season is he has scored 50% more goals than any other season.
    A grand total of 6.

This is a tricky one.
    What was his best season??

He has played 180 games and has a grand total of 20 goals.
    This season is he has scored 50% more goals than any other season.
    A grand total of 6.

Can see him just going down the same route Theo has. Too many average players at the club been giving and easy ride, youngsters looking at Walcott getting 10+ years at the club and being a regular in the starting 11 on excess of 100k a week and thinking can they get away with this sort of murder. Iwobi started of well too in his first few months in the first team and now he has his foot in the door he looks comfortable and seems to be taking his foot off the gas lately.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Can see him just going down the same route Theo has. Too many average players at the club been giving and easy ride, youngsters looking at Walcott getting 10+ years at the club and being a regular in the starting 11 on excess of 100k a week and thinking can they get away with this sort of murder. Iwobi started of well too in his first few months in the first team and now he has his foot in the door he looks comfortable and seems to be taking his foot off the gas lately.

Just before anyone thinks there was someone unlawfully killed. There wasn't. No knives, guns or arrows used at all.
    It's just an expression.:pac:
    We need to lighten things up a bit here.

• Advertisement

Just before anyone thinks there was someone unlawfully killed. There wasn't. No knives, guns or arrows used at all.
    It's just an expression.:pac:
    We need to lighten things up a bit here.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement