Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Just before anyone thinks there was someone unlawfully killed. There wasn't. No knives, guns or arrows used at all.
    It's just an expression.:pac:
    We need to lighten things up a bit here.

Last night the DJ saved my life, I was almost murdered on the dance floor by a smooth criminal!

If you had to pick one to leave Ox or Walcott?

It's 50/50 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Walcott 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

mansize wrote: »
    Last night the DJ saved my life, I was almost murdered on the dance floor by a smooth criminal!

If you had to pick one to leave Ox or Walcott?

It's 50/50 for me.

Ox.

As much as I think theo is a fraud hes worth us a few points a season. Ox could be replaced by 2 or 3 players currently at the club. Theo would be an option for impact sub late in games. I don't want to see him neat the first 11.

You know it's bad when I'm picking theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd let Walcott go.
    Ox could fill a good many positions and is far more courageous. Walcott is afraid of his life.

I'd let Walcott go.
    Ox could fill a good many positions and is far more courageous. Walcott is afraid of his life.

Outside the first 11 we're talking yeah?

Who would you rather see coming on when 1-0 down?

• Advertisement

Giroud :D

I wouldn't have much faith in either Ox or Theo.

Welbeck:D:D
    id still rather The Ox,but not on the wing.
    AOC is still young enough to be positively influenced by a new manager,Theo I feel is beyond saving.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Welbeck:D:D
    id still rather The Ox,but not on the wing.
    AOC is still young enough to be positively influenced by a new manager,Theo I feel is beyond saving.

Agreed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

At the beginning of the season I would have said let the Ox go. Terrible goal scoring record and always flatters to decieve but now I think he deserves a real chance to prove himself in centre mid. He's shown quite a lot of promise there recently.

Walcott is worth his squad place as he has great pace and does score his fair share of goals.

I'd keep both, perhaps I'm all that's wrong with Arsenal at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Think a lot of our players play at about 60% of their ability for much of the season because noone gives em any hassle for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

domrush wrote: »
    Think a lot of our players play at about 60% of their ability for much of the season because noone gives em any hassle for it.

Thats it for me too which is why I would love a 25 year old Tony Adams there. He would sort the slackers out in the dressing room.

ronjo wrote: »
    Thats it for me too which is why I would love a 25 year old Tony Adams there. He would sort the slackers out in the dressing room.

This ****e of having club captains who barely play a game is a loada nonsense. Give the armband to a regular starter and let him assert himself on the team instead of switching it around every couple of games while Mert/Arteta./Vermaelen watches from the dugout.

Kos should be captain. He is by far and away our most solid player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I like Kos and he is easily our best defender, but he doesn't strike me as captain material or a natural leader. He is too quiet I think too. I don't actually know who I would give the captaincy to though, doesn't seem like there is an obvious choice to me.

I like Kos and he is easily our best defender, but he doesn't strike me as captain material or a natural leader. He is too quiet I think too. I don't actually know who I would give the captaincy to though, doesn't seem like there is an obvious choice to me.

He very much is though I find myself watching him at games, he leads by example not shouting. He gets stuck in and puts his body on the line for the team. He brings the best out in his centre back partner and saves the midfield's ass a lot in games.

Kos is the Boss

Most consistent aye.

Would love to see him f**k a few lads out of it every now and again though. He's too quiet. Mind you he would be better than having our captain sitting in the stands. Another mind boggling decision.

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/02/sutton-chairman-on-wengers-touch-of-class-gesture/

One thing no one can deny about Wenger- the man's got class

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/02/sutton-chairman-on-wengers-touch-of-class-gesture/

And what if he had got a bad injury needlessly?

Kos can seem a bit timid but I think he would have grown into the role very quickly if he'd have been given it after Vermalen lost form at the end of 2013.

Wilshere would have been a great captain if he wasn't so injury prone. Smart, plays in the centre of the pitch, would have been a regular starter and not afraid of confrontation. Hopefully its not too late for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

That's some great reading.

If ifs and buts were coconuts...

We had no pennant to present to the Sutton captain last night ???

One thing no one can deny about Arsenal- the club's got class.

Arsene has been an excellent custodian of our club.
    He oozes class and I wish whoever takes over next will know what's expected at Arsenal FC.

There's a pic of Walcott coming out the tunnel at the start and the little mascot had one.
    I noticed when the captain's shook hands Theo hadn't one to give??

We gave em 50 grand in fairness :pac:

domrush wrote: »
    We gave em 50 grand in fairness :pac:

and a few jerseys.

Speaking of Wilshere, was there any update after his recent ankle injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Theo for me.

Then sit back and wait for the curse of the Arsenal captain to strike......

• Advertisement

They were given a silver cannon instead of a pennant.

Didn't Arsenal get rid of Pennant years ago... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

I was actually thinking when he was bringing Sanchez on, was it to make a big night of it for everyone. Gas if true.

Great endeavour in the City v Monaco game on TV 3.
    Very enjoyable match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Some occasions call for class and it can't be knocked. There stadium was full of kids and they'll remember that for years, I thought at the time it was a touch of class in a sport that completely lacks it

Soups123 wrote: »
    Some occasions call for class and it can't be knocked. There stadium was full of kids and they'll remember that for years, I thought at the time it was a touch of class in a sport that completely lacks it

Should have played Ozil too then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He doesn't carry the same appeal to the kids, Sanchez is Global!

Should have played Ozil instead...
    What did he do to earn a few extra days off,went missing again in a big match,seems to be a trait of his.

Here's another either/or....
    Ozil or Sanchez if we lose 1 which would everyone prefer to leave.
    Ozil for me,goes missing in too many games for my liking and I don't think we have the quality around him to carry him through games he doesn't turn up for.

Just a quick edit...Ozil is one of my fave players btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Should have played Ozil instead...
    What did he do to earn a few extra days off,went missing again in a big match,seems to be a trait of his.

Here's another either/or....
    Ozil or Sanchez if we lose 1 which would everyone prefer to leave.
    Ozil for me,goes missing in too many games for my liking and I don't think we have the quality around him to carry him through games he doesn't turn up for.

Just a quick edit...Ozil is one of my fave players btw.

Id be the same - but I imagine it will be the opposite that occurs. Ozil stays - Sanchez leaves

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Id be the same - but I imagine it will be the opposite that occurs. Ozil stays - Sanchez leaves

I'd hope both stay but can't see it happening,your scenario seems most likely.

Great game of ball at the Etihad right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

So I haven't posted in a while but here's a rant. And just for the uneducated, I live 20 minutes walk from the ground for 20years, season ticket bla vka bla.

the amount on here (not so much on this thread but on the forum but there are on this thread) slagging off the blud fam from

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    So I haven't posted in a while but here's a rant. And just for the uneducated, I live 20 minutes walk from the ground for 20years, season ticket bla vka bla.

the amount on here (not so much on this thread but on the forum but there are on this thread) slagging off the blud fam from

Say what?

Arsenal tv. It's disrespectful probably racist and ****ing insulting if you support Arsenal. I know him. It's the language of the inner city. I don't use it. None of my Irish friends use it. But locals use it. And they are true Arsenal fans. So when I see people on here slagging the language off, to me it it is racist. These lads are from inner city London. 2 of the most deprived boroughs in uk. And people slag the blue and fam off. Embarrassing. Those lads are Arsenal through and through. Not posh but are any of us?

Arsenal tv. It's disrespectful probably racist and ****ing insulting if you support Arsenal. I know him. It's the language of the inner city. I don't use it. None of my Irish friends use it. But locals use it. And they are true Arsenal fans. So when I see people on here slagging the language off, to me it it is racist. These lads are from inner city London. 2 of the most deprived boroughs in uk. And people slag the blue and fam off. Embarrassing. Those lads are Arsenal through and through. Not posh but are any of us?

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's still a moron.

I met Claude in Munich and he was dead sound. He is great at promoting theGay Gooners and as an internet tv station he ticks all the right boxes

He goes for click bait sound bytes though and he can be called on that

Say what?
    Hit return before I finished.

You ****ing rattle on about gay gooners etc I'm having a rant at the ****ing under current racism about people laughing about lads saying Blud and fam. It's the language around here. And it's been posted by Arsenal fans in here. Trump****ingesque

Hit return before I finished.

You ****ing rattle on about gay gooners etc I'm having a rant at the ****ing under current racism about people laughing about lads saying Blud and fam. It's the language around here. And it's been posted by Arsenal fans in here. Trump****ingesque

I just didn't know what you meant. Apologies if offended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You talking about the little black dude thats always getting interviewed on Arsenal TV?

Quazzie wrote: »
    He's still a moron.
    Agree but don't slag him for his language. Slag him for the arguement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement