Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No doubt he will use Can not being sent off and being in the game until the 3rd goal as he's excuses , I don't think I care any more though , We're just not putting in an effort any more at least in the ten years we supposedly had no money , we played decent football and put in an effort

Not happening for a while now something needs to give

wonga77 wrote: »
    Not surprised really, it was more of the same stuff we've been subjected to all year.
    I really think this is the year that the top 4 record comes to an end

We are in a comfort zone so it may not be a bad thing tbh. Sometimes you have to come out of that comfort zone and resassess things. Wenger needs to accept his day is up but under no circumstances should the vast majority of those players be allowed continue with Arsenal. A shower of pr1cks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Did we create anything with Walcott and Perez on the pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

You know we are shot wjen people who support other teams don't even bother taking the piss anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We are in a comfort zone so it may not be a bad thing tbh. Sometimes you have to come out of that comfort zone and resassess things. Wenger needs to accept his day is up but under no circumstances should the vast majority of those players be allowed continue with Arsenal. A shower of pr1cks

I would rather scrap top 4 and see Wenger piss off. The healthier the club for the new manager the better

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    I would rather scrap top 4 and see Wenger piss off. The healthier the club for the new manager the better

Neither will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Neither will happen.

Well if we can only have one of the two, good bye Arsene

There is shades of Leicester about us at the moment. The Leicester team before Ranieri's sacking that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

What does one say anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not here to gloat as I like arsenal and I respect you guys but the first half had to be the final straw there was no heart or passion. It was so empty. Soul destroying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

My Liverpool mates didn't even take the piss out of me. They were sympathetic which was far worse.

I do find it frustrating how players suddenly remember how to play football when they get a manager sacked though. What is happening in modern day football at the moment is a sheer disgrace. the supporters need to open their eyes. Modern day football is full of bluffers (not meaning to sound like Dunphy) but it cannot possibly be that a manager is solely to blame for the sudden decline of a team. I cannot accept that Claudio Ranieri who won a league last season is suddenly a bad manager for example.

In Wengers case i think he has to call it a day. He is flogging a dead horse at Arsenal. The players just wont play for him any longer. I hope the new manager comes in and moves some of those players on though. Wenger deployed a less direct style of playing after the Invincibles whittled down from 2006 and it is a system that is doomed to fail but the players have contributed to this failure with their lack of heart and will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

My biggest fear for next season is not that Sanchez or Ozil will be gone it's that wenger will still be there. For a guy who proclaims to love the club, he sure loves driving it in to the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Guaranteed that if a new manager comes in, Walcott will be the first to transform into a genius on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Of course the players are to blame as well. However it is the managers responsibility to ensure the team is set up tactically to play the game. Far too many occasions in recent years Arsenal have gone onto the pitch without a clue on what to do. Then you have the lack of passion being displayed by most of the players. This is down to the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Guaranteed that if a new manager comes in, Walcott will be the first to transform into a genius on the pitch

First out the gate I'd say

FixitFelix wrote: »
    First out the gate I'd say

I couldnt imagine either Allegri or Simeone indulging that imposter if they came in. They would horse him out first thing alongside Gibbs and a couple of others.

Looking at Wenger being interviewed before the match he looks incredibly frail. For his own health he should go if not anything else.

Arsenal one of the top trending words worldwide on twitter at the moment and the very most of it seems to be laughing at us

He is that type of sh1thead. He mustn't know his luck having been given 11 years at a once big club.

Yep Walcott would be top of my list to ship out of the club. He only plays well went his contract is up for renewal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This could be interesting, over 10 games left and now we're in a proper race for 4th.

As good as it gets for us. We're just a slightly better sp*urs...Or are we.

As good as it gets for us. We're just a slightly better sp*urs...Or are we.

I would think Totteringhams day is in grave grave danger this year somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Definitely not the confidence booster needed before the do-or-die with Bayern.

We're in a bitch of a fight for fourth. Totteringhams day is gone. We'll be spanked by Bayern's 2nd team on Tuesday. The only hope to resurrect the season is the FA Cup. I reckon Sanchez is gone, Ozil maybe as well. If Wenger stays then we will be stuck with the parasite players for another season. The only positive now is Wenger being fired or walking, and that ain't going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone think moving Mustafi to RB for certain games would be a good idea? Think he might be better out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

gandalf wrote: »
    We're in a bitch of a fight for fourth. Totteringhams day is gone. We'll be spanked by Bayern's 2nd team on Tuesday. The only hope to resurrect the season is the FA Cup. I reckon Sanchez is gone, Ozil maybe as well. If Wenger stays then we will be stuck with the parasite players for another season. The only positive now is Wenger being fired or walking, and that ain't going to happen.

Realistically speaking...And I'm not advocating this...But to get rid of Wenger...And yes GET RID of Wenger, we need to not make CL next season.

Would people take a 5th place finish and Wenger to resign at the end of the year...

or...

A CL spot and Wenger to sign for another year?

Like what's the big deal of no CL for a year, it's not like this team is even gonna get close to winning it, in fact we're routinely HUMILIATED in it.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Realistically speaking...And I'm not advocating this...But to get rid of Wenger...And yes GET RID of Wenger, we need to not make CL next season.

Would people take a 5th place finish and Wenger to resign at the end of the year...

or...

Like what's the big deal of no CL for a year, it's not like this team is even gonna get close to winning it, in fact we're routinely HUMILIATED in it.

Opinions?

I think the problem here is once you lose the spot in the champions league it's hard to get it back and attract the players you need to get it back.

You can always spend stupid money to get players who are happy not to play champions league but Arsenal would never spend €90 million on a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

or...

Opinions?

Problem with that is it's harder to attract a good manager with no CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yet again I don't care because the match went almost exactly how I knew it would. I only wish I was a betting man.

• Advertisement

If we want to win the league we need a new manager, if we want to challenge for the CL and not just take part then we need a new manager. I am under no illusions that getting rid of Wenger will result in some painful years but watching Arsenal wilt and show no real backbone in key games is gauling. There is no fight in a Wenger team and on the exceptions there is it typically is on a fixture that is a lost cause anyway. At this stage we have to change the management to compete for the significant honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I would not worry yourself about that. It's totally gone for us. It will be another drubbing at home this time I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Problem with that is it's harder to attract a good manager with no CL.

it's not really. klopp, conte, mourinho, pochettino, tuchel all joined with no CL

it's arsenal football club blud :pac: if they can't attract a good manager, then it's down to the board, not a lack of CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

End the charade. This team are done. The manager is done, It's dead. This team won't win anything. Forget about the cup. We'll get a semi at Wembley and lose to Chelsea or one of the others. Weak team. Suspect mentality. It's over. It's been really good Arsene but all good things come to an end, thanks for the 3 leagues and 6 cups. You're a legend but it's time to part. Thanks again.

**** everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The old man with no ideas gets found out again. In Arsene We Rust.

Wenger out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Is anybody surprised by that performance?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

gitzy16v wrote: »

I'd be very surprised is anybody expected anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

gitzy16v wrote: »

I'd be very surprised is anybody expected anything else
    Well, there is this one guy... But he don't show his face around these parts no more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

We showed nothing in that game. No integrity, fight, passion, heart. All words lost with this Arsenal side.

:pac:

• Advertisement

What, if anything, did we learn from the game?

I'd say one thing is that we are better to have anyone on the pitch who can pass a ball as opposed to Coq.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Basil3 wrote: »
    What, if anything, did we learn from the game?

Well Wenger and his players clearly aren't learning anything from game to game. That was yet another shambles and nobody was surprised. Arsenal under Wenger are now becoming a parody of themselves. I think it's as clear as day that the players aren't playing for Wenger anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Well Wenger and his players clearly aren't learning anything from game to game. That was yet another shambles and nobody was surprised. Arsenal under Wenger are now becoming a parody of themselves. I think it's as clear as day that the players aren't playing for Wenger anymore.

Did anybody expect anything different. I watched the game with 3 fellow fans and not 1 of us were confident if even getting a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

At face value, 3 leagues and 6 cups in about 20 years in charge is not legendary status imo

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Did anybody expect anything different. I watched the game with 3 fellow fans and not 1 of us were confident if even getting a point.

Its been a good long while since I watched a match against any of the top teams and expected to get a result.
    Few papers running with the Allegri story again this morning

Sickening to think this once great manager placed his trust in this squad of players. Absolutely detest half of them. Even if a new manager comes in, we need a full fresh start from most of these chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Monreal has been fairly ****e this season.

domrush wrote: »
    Monreal has been fairly ****e this season.

Bellerin too. Id have Mustafi at RB personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Surely theres no smoke without fire RE allegri and usually Wenger has signed his new contract by now

Surely theres no smoke without fire RE allegri and usually Wenger has signed his new contract by now

He signed his last extension after the season ended in 2014.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement