Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017 *Warnings see OP-updated 09/05/17*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This team is not capable of top 4 this season. Wenger's proud record will be gone. We will lose away to Stoke, away to Spurs. We won't be able to beat WBA away or beat City or United at home.

No point in getting rid of Wenger now as we won't be able to replace him properly until the end of the season but it should be announced now like Luis Enrique has done and it may cause some sort of reaction from the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

greendom wrote: »
    No point in getting rid of Wenger now as we won't be able to replace him properly until the end of the season but it should be announced now like Luis Enrique has done and it may cause some sort of reaction from the players.

Or maybe like the reaction Pellegrini got when he said he was leaving.... The anchor drop!

I have wanted Wenger out for over 18 months now or more I'd say, but I'm still saddened for him that this bunch of fraudsters have forced him into an untenable position. I'll always have great memories of what this man has done for the club and will always admire him.

Didn't see this mentioned here...

Petition in Chile for Sanchez to leave Arsenal was signed by 14,000 people, then only 5-8 people showed up to the actual protest.

Alexis Sanchez: More than 14,000 sign up for protest, fewer than 10 turn up - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39139930

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Basil3 wrote: »
    Didn't see this mentioned here...

Petition in Chile for Sanchez to leave Arsenal was signed by 14,000 people, then only 5-8 people showed up to the actual protest.

Alexis Sanchez: More than 14,000 sign up for protest, fewer than 10 turn up - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39139930

Facebook ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I seen interesting stats in paper yesterday

Arsenal average points per month of season since wenger took control of arsenal:

August:1.88
    September:2.14
    October:2.15
    November:1.59
    December:1.98
    January:1.90
    February:1.96
    March:2.18
    April:2.09
    May:1.95

We struggle in the middle of season aeound xmas time for whatever reason

Interesting looks like Wenger had little choice but to bench Sanchez....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/05/alexis-sanchez-furious-bust-up-angry-arsenal-team-mates-just/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,513 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/05/alexis-sanchez-furious-bust-up-angry-arsenal-team-mates-just/

Surprised it took him so long to freak out. 10 lame donkeys playing around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Wonder would we get 60 million for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

domrush wrote: »

He will still be 28 in the summer so im guessing we will get between 40-60million he has to be worth 45million for the love of god

• Advertisement

With a year left on his contract? More like 40 unless there was a bidding war.

With a year left on his contract? More like 40 unless there was a bidding war.

I don't think the year left will be the prevailing factor here, he's in his prime now I reckon Juve will pay whatever they have to within reason to get him. They'd have an outrageous team with him in it. Makes me wonder why in the name of god Allegri would leave them unless these rumours of arguments are true.

I wonder whether Ozil's 'flu' will have recovered by Tuesday,

I think he's having confidence issues so I reckon we won't see him 'till the Lincoln game.

I don't think the year left will be the prevailing factor here, he's in his prime now I reckon Juve will pay whatever they have to within reason to get him. They'd have an outrageous team with him in it. Makes me wonder why in the name of god Allegri would leave them unless these rumours of arguments are true.

It's an important factor IMO. Unless 2 to 3 clubs make him their no 1 target I'd say 45 million would be the highest we could reasonably expect. Hopefully Juve, PSG and Bayern all want him.

Whatever we get I bet we won't get what he's worth. We've an awful habit or giving players away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

After reading about what he done, I won't be sad to see the back of Sanchez. Best of luck to the mercenary in his new club. We're the Arsenal, and if you don't want to give your all for us, then jog on.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    After reading about what he done, I won't be sad to see the back of Sanchez. Best of luck to the mercenary in his new club. We're the Arsenal, and if you don't want to give your all for us, then jog on.

What makes you think he's not given his all?

What makes you think he's not given his all?

Disrupting training in the build up to an extremely important match. Maybe it's just me, but I can't take to him. I think the media massively inflate opinion on what he actually does. Sure he might score some goals, but his overall play is lacking at times and this gets overlooked. At times, especially when he first returned from injury, he was a genuine liability to the team. He comes across as if he doesn't integrate with the team, and is only there for himself. Get a decent wedge for him and I'll be glad to see him go.

He's good, but he certainly not irreplaceable.

Ah c'mon now. He owes the club nothing. Performed above all expectations of him. Can't fault his workrate at all. Being 'The Arsenal' means fuck all when you're not winning I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Players come and go no matter who they are you move on, someone new comes in or steps up.

I'd like to think if Alegri is coming he might have some swing with Sanchez if not he'll bring in his own man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

"The Arsenal" today is a by word for staleness, for been happy with second best, with rewarding mediocrity. This is not the club I grew up loving and it is more so the fact that Arsene Wenger and the current board have made me fall out of love with MY club than the results that I just want him gone

• Advertisement

We'll sell him for around 28m

Thoughts on Allegri here?

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

After being on the fence in relation to Wenger continuing, the last two weeks have been a huge huge wake up call, but yesterday was the icing on the cake. Its sad to see Wenger being so completely out of touch. Not starting Sanchez was one of, if not the most ridiculous decisions he has made in his time with Arsenal in my opinion, completely insane, i think that's confirmation Sanchez is off this summer. It's sad times ahead at Arsenal, and no easy fix. Don't think i can stomach the game on Tuesday.

After being on the fence in relation to Wenger continuing, the last two weeks have been a huge huge wake up call, but yesterday was the icing on the cake. Its sad to see Wenger being so completely out of touch. Not starting Sanchez was one of, if not the most ridiculous decisions he has made in his time with Arsenal in my opinion, completely insane, i think that's confirmation Sanchez is off this summer. It's sad times ahead at Arsenal, and no easy fix. Don't think i can stomach the game on Tuesday.

Welcome to the club :p

Me either. If I was home I would watch it. Luckily I'm doing some training that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

A winner in charge? Never happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Seems to me that some Arsenal players don't like when their mediocrity gets called out by Sanchez.

Shame on the club for releasing this story especialy after the cover job they done for Fabregas when he refused to play for us.

Whoever inherits this team from Wenger the bluffer is rightly fcuked. Keeper is past it, 3/4's of the defence is far far from top class. Midfield is all unbalanced and then they have publicly alienated our best player.

I'd be so delighted if we were in the last 15 games of Wenger reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

The story was clearly leaked by Arsenal to the media. I've been disappointed with Sanchez clearly visible strops on the pitch the last few months, but it must be so frustrating playing alongside absolute wasters like Theo Walcott.
    Well it looks like Arsenal know he's going and are hanging him out to dry now, maybe trying to save face as they can't hold onto their best player.

We are an absolute mess, get a new manager in next season and try and rebuild this squad.

As much as I think it's time for Wenger to go, I think he is right to bench Sanchez if the rumours of him causing trouble is true, he should be professional and get on with his job and seek a transfer away in the summer if he's not happy!
    Let him go to Juve or wherever but make sure we get a good price for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sanchez is a winner and has obviously just had enough and questioned the attitude of some of his team mates. It's about time someone had a pair and called some of these passengers out because it's clear as fcuk Wenger doesn't.

I guess we'll see if that's what happened and if perhaps he went overboard or not. Either way he's gone in the summer and it's our loss, not his.

Also if he did bench him as punishment then was forced to play him because we were utter dog sh1t then it makes Wenger look worse, if that's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not sure about him..he's fallen out with a few of the Juve players.

I couldn't give you a name to replace Wenger. My football knowledge is lessening season by season.

Not sure about him..he's fallen out with a few of the Juve players.

I couldn't give you a name to replace Wenger. My football knowledge is lessening season by season.

His CV is very impressive. He has won 3 Scudetto's & 2 Italian Cups and lost to Barca in the European Cup final. Seems to have a bit of fire in him. Id say Simeone doesnt suffer fools gladly either. The way it should be. Give me a good tight knit side that will go out and fight for their club and manager then a shower of indulged brats

omega man wrote: »
    Sanchez is a winner and has obviously just had enough and questioned the attitude of some of his team mates. It's about time someone had a pair and called some of these passengers out because it's clear as fcuk Wenger doesn't.

I guess we'll see if that's what happened and if perhaps he went overboard or not. Either way he's gone in the summer and it's our loss, not his.

Also if he did bench him as punishment then was forced to play him because we were utter dog sh1t then it makes Wenger look worse, if that's possible.

It's incredibly embarrassing dropping a player to teach him a lesson about the club not needing him and then having to bring him on after the first half ffs

Is Juve to Arsenal not a bit of a step down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sanchez will be missed and to be perfectly frank has been the only one on this team that has brought me any genuine footballing joy in the past couple of years (Ozil & Kos too tbf). The rest have done nothing but disappoint.

If he's finished at Juve there aren't too many steps up. He's coming from a "1 team league" pretty much so he might relish the chance to see what he can do with Arsenal in the most competitive league in the world.

I think all coaches want to spread their wings and manage in the premier league at some stage certainly in modern day football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So we should get rid of everyone except Sanchez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

It's incredibly embarrassing dropping a player to teach him a lesson about the club not needing him and then having to bring him on after the first half ffs

Yeah but of you are the manager and if you can see things are bad, you do what you think is best to get the win, swallow your pride and bring him on.

At that stage on Saturday Wenger was ****ed no matter what he did in relation to Sanchez.

• Advertisement

No challenge at Juve, must get boring winning the league at a canter

Oh to have such boredom at Arsenal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'd love to see someone like Allegri at Arsenal, given the proper backing by the board he'd 100% instill a drive that simply isnt there nowadays, though I very much doubt we'll get a manager of that calibre sadly, I suspect the Eddie Howe rumours are probably closer to the mark.

Disillusioned is an understatement these days.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

People who are saying Sanchez is in the wrong, i do not agree and here is why.

Sanchez is the only player that puts in 100% every single game whilst the majority dont. 

He is a born winner and wants to win things and very hungry to do so and it shows whilst the rest dont seem to care much.

Viera was like that as well, probably even more hungrier and would you all say he is in the wrong too for demanding more for his team mates?

Just imagine a 28 year old Primed Viera in this team. You honestly think he would not act any differently?

He probably would have slapped Theo in the face during a match lol.

I dont blame Sanchez for wanting to leave a shinking ship.

I would if i was him. This club is rotten to the bone from the board, manager and the players.

Its sickening really. This club needs to push the reset button and get new owners on board that are more ambitous, new manager and a new squad.

This is what happens when you stick by medicore for 10+ years, it makes things harder to go forward.

How ANYONE in this thread can back wenger is beyond me and if you do, please tell us why?

Sanchez is the only player that puts in 100% every single game whilst the majority dont.

He is a born winner and wants to win things and very hungry to do so and it shows whilst the rest dont seem to care much.

Viera was like that as well, probably even more hungrier and would you all say he is in the wrong too for demanding more for his team mates?

Just imagine a 28 year old Primed Viera in this team. You honestly think he would not act any differently?

I would if i was him. This club is rotten to the bone from the board, manager and the players.

Its sickening really. This club needs to push the reset button and get new owners on board that are more ambitous, new manager and a new squad.

This is what happens when you stick by medicore for 10+ years, it makes things harder to go forward.

How ANYONE in this thread can back wenger is beyond me and if you do, please tell us why?
    Vieira gave his all for the team, and improved the team around him. Sanchez gives it all for Sanchez and adds very little to the team around him. Ridiculous comparison.

Vieira gave his all for the team, and improved the team around him. Sanchez gives it all for Sanchez and adds very little to the team around him. Ridiculous comparison.

If you were to swap prime Vieira for Sanchez, the team would be improved no doubt. I understand what you are saying about Sanchez, he is very wasteful with the ball at times, but where would we be without his goals and assists.

At the same time Sanchez needs to realise this is a team game. How many goals and assists would he have got without his team mates?

Redicolous statement.

How many assists does he have? please remind me mate.  He gives his all for the club. runs like a mad man trying to win the ball. Keeps spurring his team mates to do the same and show desire.

• Advertisement

Sanchez isn't the only that gives 100% every game. There are plenty that give 100% every game such as Kos, Mustafi, Ramsey, Monreal, Welbeck and none of them strop the way he does.

I can understand why Wenger was kept on. He oversaw the new stadium and the lean years that came with it. He managed to keep us at a reasonable level, probably better than we deserved. He's had the last few years to push us to the next level, but it hasn't happened, so time for someone else. All depends on the backing of the board, though.

If you were to swap prime Vieira for Sanchez, the team would be improved no doubt.  I understand what you are saying about Sanchez, he is very wasteful with the ball at times, but where would we be without his goals and assists.

At the same time Sanchez needs to realise this is a team game.  How many goals and assists would he have got without his team mates?
    Not sure what you mean.

What has sanchez need to do to show he is trying to play for the team with the amount of assists, passes etc he does for the team?

Basil3 wrote: »

Sanchez isn't the only that gives 100% every game.  There are plenty that give 100% every game such as Kos, Mustafi, Ramsey, Monreal, Welbeck and none of them strop the way he does.

I can understand why Wenger was kept on.  He oversaw the new stadium and the lean years that came with it.  He managed to keep us at a reasonable level, probably better than we deserved.  He's had the last few years to push us to the next level, but it hasn't happened, so time for someone else.  All depends on the backing of the board, though.

out of that list, i think Kos and mustafi maybe. Wellbeck hasnt been in the scene for more than 5mins and Ramsey?

we are more or less playing with 10 men whenever his on the team sheet!

Not sure what you mean.

What has sanchez need to do to show he is trying to play for the team with the amount of assists, passes etc he does for the team?

Just talking about his annoyance with his team members. Blowing up and storming out of training last week, which led to him being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Allegri rumours getting stronger and stronger. I'd say we can expect an announcement from AW soon. When's the next press conference? Today?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement